Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Proposes Banning Sex Offenders From Parks

3 posters

Go down

Bill Proposes Banning Sex Offenders From Parks Empty Bill Proposes Banning Sex Offenders From Parks

Post by Piper Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 am

Bill Proposes Banning Sex Offenders From Parks

Measure In Response To California Teen's Death
POSTED: 3:56 am EDT March 25, 2010
UPDATED: 4:09 am EDT March 25, 2010

Comments (8)COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina legislators want to ban sex offenders from entering state parks after a jogger in California was killed as she ran alone.

State Rep. Chip Limehouse said on Wednesday the measure is a response to the rape and murder of 17-year-old Chelsea King in a park north of San Diego last month.

Parolee John Albert Gardner III was arrested. He has pleaded not guilty in King's death and issued a similar plea in the assault of another woman in the same park. Gardner is a person of interest in the death of 14-year-old Amber Dubois of Escondido, Calif.

Limehouse said state parks leave people vulnerable in typically rural settings where there is little law enforcement.

The bill has 38 of 124 House members as co-sponsors and goes to the House Judiciary Committee.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/22950045/detail.html
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Bill Proposes Banning Sex Offenders From Parks Empty Re: Bill Proposes Banning Sex Offenders From Parks

Post by Julie Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 am

That's a great idea. Children are in parks/state parks all the time too. I can think of alot of places where children can be, that SOs can also be banned from going.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Bill Proposes Banning Sex Offenders From Parks Empty Re: Bill Proposes Banning Sex Offenders From Parks

Post by Piper Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:48 am

It sounds like a great idea, I have to wonder how they could ever enforce it though. It seems like it would be impossible unless there were a guard at the entrances to check ID's against an offender database or something. I would be interested to see their proposal on carrying this out.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:37 am

You got that right Piper...Good idea but not enforceable...With all the parks around my area it would take anothe organization entirely to man each one...Yeah...They prob want John Q Public to do it...Pay the retirees a pittance to man the parks...That could be a good "sting" operation....
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down