Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlotte girl keeps family’s murder secret to protect younger brother from father

4 posters

Go down

Charlotte girl keeps family’s murder secret to protect younger brother from father Empty Charlotte girl keeps family’s murder secret to protect younger brother from father

Post by Snaz Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Tish asked me to post this for her also...

Charlotte girl keeps family’s murder secret to protect younger brother from father

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Police in Charlotte say a 10-year-old kept the murders of her mother and siblings a secret for two weeks because she feared that her father might kill her and her 2-year-old brother.

Police didn’t find out about the murders until Monday night, when a relative called 911 and asked police to check on the Chapman family.

Police say 33-year-old Kenneth Chapman shot himself in the head after firing gunshots at officers when they arrived at his apartment.

Once officers went inside, they found the bodies of Chapman’s 1-year-old daughter and 13-year-old stepdaughter inside a bedroom.

Police found the children’s mother, 34-year-old Nateesha Chapman, at another apartment nearby.

Late Tuesday afternoon, the Mecklenburg County medical examiner said that Nateesha Chapman and the 1-year-old had been suffocated.

Kenneth Chapman’s 13-year-old stepdaughter was stabbed to death.

Chapman spared the lives of two children, a 10-year-old girl and 2-year-old boy.

“At one point, he held a gun to her head, to the 10-year-old’s head, and she said, ‘Don’t kill me.‘ And he told her, ‘I’m not going to kill you because you’re my firstborn daughter.‘ And the son, the 2-year-old, is his firstborn son,“ said Capt. Paul Zinkann with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

Kenneth and Nateesha Chapman moved to Charlotte nine months ago from West Virginia.

They were in between apartments when a neighbor said that he heard a loud argument at the Via Romano Drive location two weeks ago.

That’s when police think that Kenneth Chapman killed his wife and shortly thereafter killed his stepdaughter and 1-year-old daughter.

“It’s difficult for everyone. We all have children,“ Zinkann said.

The wife was left at the old apartment.

The children were sealed up in the bedroom of their Providence Square Drive apartment.

When they were killed, their 10-year-old sister heard gunshots and suspected the worst, but kept it to herself to protect her 2-year-old brother.

“Her bravery and composure was truly remarkable,“ Zinkann said. “She and her little brother are with family members and are being cared for now.“

Police believe the family members were killed around March 15.

On March 19, Chapman posted what appeared to be a suicide reference on his Facebook page.

A friend called 911 to get police to check on him.

Police stopped by the Via Romano Drive apartment to perform a welfare check.

“They checked the residence. No one appeared to be inside,“ Zinkann said. “It looked like a semi-vacant apartment to the officers that responded on that afternoon.“

Police say Chapman did not have a criminal record.

Court records show an eviction notice was served on the apartment where Nateesha Chapman’s body was found, but shed little other light on whether they were having financial trouble.

Investigators are still trying to figure out not only why Kenneth Chapman killed his family, but why he tried to hide it for weeks and acted like nothing happened.

“What this man did was despicable and cowardly,“ Zinkann said.

http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/state_regional/article/charlotte_girl_keeps_familys_murder_secret_to_protect_younger_brother_from_/125321/
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Charlotte girl keeps family’s murder secret to protect younger brother from father Empty Re: Charlotte girl keeps family’s murder secret to protect younger brother from father

Post by Piper Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:12 am

What a brave and mature 10 year old little girl. He murdered her entire family and then takes the time to post on his Facebook page. Why murder your innocent children, just go on and commit your suicide. I hope she gets the help she needs to be able to cope with what she witnessed and the loss of her mother and siblings. So very, very sad.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Charlotte girl keeps family’s murder secret to protect younger brother from father Empty Re: Charlotte girl keeps family’s murder secret to protect younger brother from father

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:23 pm

I thought it was interesting how LE said how calm and collected she was - but it made me think that she had to learn to cope like that because of previous abuse possibly.
I'm glad that she had the will to live - her and her brother.
Hopefully the family that the are now with will be able to get them the help they need. The time that she went keeping that herself must have been a nightmare for them - and i bet she didn't get much sleep at all for being scared. That poor little girl will never forget the sights and sounds and smells surrounding this time in her life. I pray that she will be able to recover emotionally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:02 pm

I hope she is able to recover emotionally. That's about the worse thing a child could possibly have to live through. I agree with Piper that people like Chapman should just commit their suicide without murdering anybody.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Tish, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe she had learned to keep quiet and lay low until mom and dad were done fighting from previous bouts of violence. She was able to stay level-headed enough to probably keep her baby brother quiet and occupied, not comment or ask any questions to set him off again.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:37 pm

The coward took the coward's way out.. Should have just put the gun to his own head and pulled the trigger instead of killing his wife and two innocent children first.
Cold hearted POS.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down