Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 1, 2 & 3 ..4 UPDATED

+3
LottieM
Cali
FystyAngel
7 posters

Go down

Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 1, 2 & 3 ..4 UPDATED Empty Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 1, 2 & 3 ..4 UPDATED

Post by FystyAngel Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:17 am

Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 1

Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her Putnam County, Florida home on February 10, 2009. Her stepmother at the time, Misty Croslin, was 17 years old and Haleigh, and her little brother, had been left in Misty Croslin’s care while Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings worked.

Ronald Cummings returned home that night and never saw his daughter Haleigh again. He called 911 and has been cleared by authorities as a suspect in the case. Misty Croslin has not been cleared, nor has she ever been named a suspect. From the beginning of the investigation into Haleigh Cummings’ disappearance, authorities have said that Misty Croslin knows more than she has told investigators.

Misty Croslin has changed her story so many times, that it is virtually impossible to give an accurate account of the events that transpired the night of Haleigh Cummings’ disappearance. Misty Croslin has since failed a litany of lie detector tests. The only thing that is certain is that Haleigh Cummings disappeared somewhere between February 9, 2009 and February 10, 2009. It is also definite that someone knows more than they are saying.

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy held a press conference last week announcing that ‘people are coming forward and talking’ about the Haleigh Cummings case. As reports showed authorities at the St. Johns River where an active search was underway for Haleigh Cummings body or evidence in the case, Misty Croslin’s grandmother, Flora Hollars spoke to media and held several interviews. Last night, Tommy Croslin’s lawyer, James Werter, spoke with CNN.

Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 2

People are talking after Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy held a press conference regarding the search of the St. Johns River for evidence pertaining to the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings. Family members of Misty Croslin, including her grandmother Flora Hollars, and lawyer for Tommy Croslin, James Werter, have shared their stories with CNN. In a televised interview last night, James Werter spoke about Tommy Croslin, Misty Croslin’s brother and the allegations made by Flora Hollars that he was present when Haleigh Cummings was murdered.

James Werter stated that he wanted to go public and clear up misconceptions and speculation surrounding the Haleigh Cummings case. In the past week, the search for the missing Florida girl, has involved many rumors which caused the Putnam County, Florida sheriff to issues a statement denying many of them. James Werter would not say exactly how and if Tommy Croslin was involved, but he did acknowledge that Tommy Croslin took a lie detector test on April 8, 2010.

James Werter stated that he spoke with his client on April 10, 2010 and then on Monday morning, April 12, 2010, James Werter went with his client, Tommy Croslin to speak with investigators working the Haleigh Cummings’ case.

James Werter would not discuss whether or not Tommy Croslin passed the polygraph test, nor would he divulge the questions that were asked.

Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 3

Tommy Croslin’s lawyer, James Werter spoke with CNN last night and discussed his client’s involvement in the Haleigh Cummings case. He was careful not to disclose any information that would jeopardize the information, but he did confirm various reports that have been circulating the media.

Tommy Croslin is the brother of Misty Croslin, who was the last person to see Haleigh Cummings’ alive. During the early part of Haleigh’s disappearance, a Florida Amber Alert was issued statewide. Last week, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy stated that he believes Haleigh Cummings was murdered.

James Werter confirmed that it was Tommy Croslin’s polygraph test, that he took on April 8, 2010 that led investigators to the St. Johns River where the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office conducted a search for Haleigh. James Werter also spoke about Tommy Croslin’s presence on the dock where he was speaking with FDLE and the Putnam County Sheriff’s officers.

James Werter would not expound upon the nature of their conversation or share what was discussed.
Misty Croslin’s grandmother, Flora (Flo) Hollars, has appeared on numerous media shows speaking about the case. Last night, James Werter denied that his client, Tommy Croslin, ever called Flo Hollars and discussed Haleigh Cummings’ case with her. He did say that Tommy called his grandmother and asked for her to make a phone call to his wife.

Should an arrest be made, all jail house phone calls will be pulled, and it will be proved whether or not Tommy Croslin called Flo Hollars and spoke about the Haleigh Cummings' case with her.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d24-Haleigh-Cummings-case-news-Misty-Croslins-family-lawyer-for-Tommy-Croslin-speak-to-media-part-1

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d24-Haleigh-Cummings-case-news-Misty-Croslins-family-lawyer-for-Tommy-Croslin-speak-to-media-part-2

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d24-Haleigh-Cummings-case-news-Misty-Croslins-family-lawyer-for-Tommy-Croslin-speak-to-media-part-3

Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 4
April 26, 12:39 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d26-Haleigh-Cummings-case-news-Misty-Croslins-family-lawyer-for-Tommy-Croslin-speak-to-media-part-4

Tommy Croslin’s lawyer, James Werter, spoke to the media and denied that his client had spoken to Misty Croslin’s grandmother, Flora Hollars, on the telephone regarding the disappearance of Florida girl, Haleigh Cummings. Today, the search for Haleigh Cummings continues as Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy stated they believe Haleigh was likely murdered. Haleigh Cummings continues to have an open case as an endangered missing child in the state of Florida.

Misty Croslin was the last person to see Haleigh Cummings alive and her grandmother continues to speak to the media sharing her views on what happened to Haleigh. Appearing on CNN, Flora Hollars gave several scenarios regarding Haleigh’s disappearance. In one scenario, Flora Hollars stated that Haleigh Cummings was raped by either Joe Overstreet or Tommy Croslin, or both. James Werter, Tommy Croslin’s attorney, stated that Flora Hollars was a defense attorney’s dream, as she has given so many variants of the story, none of which has been proved.

Flora Hollars also told CNN in a televised interview that Tommy Croslin confessed to her the accounts of February 9, 2009 –February 10, 2009 and she notified authorities. Flora said that she was the source who provided the anonymous tip that led investigators to the St. Johns River to search for Haleigh Cummings. James Werter disagrees. According to James Werter, his client, Tommy Croslin took a lie detector test on April 8, 2010. The results of that test have not been publicly released, but Werter said that they contacted authorities and that is what led to the search at the St. Johns River.

James Werter was asked by HLN’s Jane Velez-Mitchell if Tommy Croslin knew what happened to Haleigh Cummings in a weekend broadcast. Jane Velez Mitchell also mentioned Flora Hollars and how people are taking her stories seriously. Jane Velez said to James Werter, “Let me just say this. The reason why people are taking her seriously is that cops did go down to the river, and they did search for several days and spent huge amounts on divers. Why?”

James Werter answered, clarifying the source of the anonymous tip, “Based on -- based on Tommy`s discussions with him, with the FDLE and Putnam County, on Monday night, April 11.”

Jane Velez-Mitchell then remarked upon what may be seen as the most revealing information gleaned from the media coverage of the Haleigh Cummings’ case, “In other words, Tommy knows something. But you`re saying he`s not responsible, but he knows what happened? “

James Werter replied, “Again, I will say, well, I will go with that, yes. I am quite comfortable in you saying that.”

CNN and HLN will continue media coverage of the Haleigh Cummings’ case tonight.

Last edited by FystyAngel on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 1, 2 & 3 ..4 UPDATED Empty Re: Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 1, 2 & 3 ..4 UPDATED

Post by Cali Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:50 am

The who-dunnit is still "it weren't me", "I was at work". "I was asleep", and "I don't know anythingnothing". The truth about what happened to Haleigh and where she was "discarded" may never be known. Poor Haleigh - her case took a backseat in the media and it appears that LE has been ineffective from the git-go.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 1, 2 & 3 ..4 UPDATED Empty Re: Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 1, 2 & 3 ..4 UPDATED

Post by LottieM Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:57 am

Some lawyer on, I think, JVM said the reason this case is so hard to get a handle on is because of the low emotional intelligence of the players including Granny Flo.

I don't know what he meant by 'low emotional intelligence'. Maybe it was a nice way of saying they are sociopaths!
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:23 am

Lottie, I didn't hear the comment, but to me, 'low emotional intelligence' was a nice way of saying they aren't the sharpest tool in the shed..... lack of mature actions and ways of thinking... which would not necessarily have anything to do with being a sociopath.

JMO
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Snipped from AJ's post:

LE are getting off easy by the statement made on JVM...

To quote Lottie..
"Some lawyer on, I think, JVM said the reason this case is so hard to get a handle on is because of the low emotional intelligence of the players including Granny Flo. "

That statement continues to justify and excuse LE from their poor investigation and horrible media relaations..

AJ, I didn't get the impression the 'intelligence' comment was made about LE... I got that it was about all the people associated in connection with the case, "including Granny Flo." That, to me, meant all the friends and relatives of the family members of HaLeigh (and even those who inserted themselves into the case). But not LE.....

However, I do understand your feelings about LE in this case....
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:05 pm

I understand, AJ.... I completely misunderstood what you meant. And I agree that LE sure has their hands full with the cast of characters in this case.... thanks for taking the time to explain to me what you actually meant!

I'm still hoping against hope that HaLeigh will come home ALIVE.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 am

Did Grandma Hollars have a stroke & is in the hospital? I'm seeing that in some blog comments, but haven't seen anything definite.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi AJ. I think if she was in the hospital, it would be in the news by now, and I'm still not seeing anything, so.... Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 1, 2 & 3 ..4 UPDATED 5368

So Flora is now admitting there were no phone calls from the jail? (which btw is easy for LE to check.)
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:41 pm

AJ, I don't know, I was asking you. Part of your comment was this:

Nowe she has gone all over the airways to add her .. and I will quote her response to NG about how she knows that Misty and Tommy were involved in the actual death and about how Misty hid under the covers with Junior... Flora said ..."SHE PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER"!!!!!!

And to me it sounded like she was saying she just guessed that it was them, by putting two and two together.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:41 pm

LOL, Sorry for the confusion.
oops
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:31 pm

AJ, could be......
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly64 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:56 am

awaiting justice wrote:Hi Julie,

I am seeing that too.. It looks like the root of the possible rumour started with Levi Page...

It appears that she was supposed to be on his show last night and didnt appear... the reason is that it is said she is in hospital possible stroke....

If this is true, of course I wish her well..
Problem is ... I dont know if I believe it...

With all her BS that she is spewing ..she may be in some hot water.... at least with her family and maybe Misty and Tommy's lawyer..

She originally broke her silense where she says Tommy and Misty called her on the Sunday evening (2 wks ago now??) and told her very little other than that it was Joe (only after she offered to Tommy... "let me guess, it was Joe"....

She relayed the cdonversation and that there wasnt much said from either other than it was Joe...

Nowe she has gone all over the airways to add her .. and I will quote her response to NG about how she knows that Misty and Tommy were involved in the actual death and about how Misty hid under the covers with Junior... Flora said ..."SHE PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER"!!!!!!

P P P L E A S E .....................

How NG can approve of Flora's suspicions and braodcast them as if they were fact ..is beyond me..

How NG can interfere and condone this just shows me how irresponsible she is amnd that money in her pocket is her driving force... It shows me howe little she cares about Haleigh ...
She makes me puke and I will add Flora to my long list ..

The difference is that, I expect this kind of behavior from the Flora and the likes of any of these playewrs, but NG should stop interfering with these cases as she is only interested in sensationalism which clearly hurts the investigation thus victim....

Did I say she makes me sick?????????????????

yes indeed, very well stated, couldn't agree with you more Misty Croslin’s family, lawyer for Tommy Croslin speak to media part 1, 2 & 3 ..4 UPDATED 88030

butterfly64

Back to top Go down

Post by black fire Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:24 am

Emotional Intelligence (EI) describes the ability, capacity, skill or, in the case of the trait EI model, a self-perceived ability, to identify, assess, and manage the emotions of one's self, of others, and of groups. Bradberry, Travis and Greaves, Jean. (2009). "Emotional Intelligence 2.0". ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence

Emotional intelligence (EI) is one of the most important ideas to hit the business world in recent years. It is based on the notion that the ability of managers to understand their own emotions, and those of the people they work with, is the key to better business performance.
www.acethecase.com/site/1438552/page/875389

developing initially along separate lines, the constructs of alexithymia and emotional intelligence came to the attention of researchers who realized these were intimately related, with alexithymia representing the lower possible range of emotional intelligence. ...
alex-glossary.blogspot.com/

The awareness of and ability to manage one's emotions in a healthy and productive manner.
allpsych.com/dictionary/dictionary2.html

Typically, “emotional intelligence” is defined in terms of emotional empathy, attention to, and discrimination of, one's emotions, accurate recognition of one's own and others' moods, mood management or control over emotions, response with appropriate (adaptive) emotions and behaviors in various ...
www.psychological-consult.com/resources/glossary.html

black fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down