Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Julie Ann Gonzalez -- Missing 3/26/10

+2
Cali
FystyAngel
6 posters

Go down

Julie Ann Gonzalez -- Missing 3/26/10 Empty Julie Ann Gonzalez -- Missing 3/26/10

Post by FystyAngel Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Family Members Worried About Missing Austin Mom

Updated: Tuesday, 30 Mar 2010, 10:15 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 29 Mar 2010, 5:47 PM CDT

AUSTIN, TX - (AUSTIN)- Family members of 21-year-old Julie Ann Gonzalez print and post fliers, spreading the word in hopes that someone will have an idea of where the Austin mother could be.

"We've just been waiting around, hoping she'll contact one of us, stop by, hoping to hear something. And nothing," Dora Cooper, Julie's aunt, tells FOX 7.

Cooper says on Friday, Gonzalez went to her soon-to-be ex-husband's home to pick up their two-year-old daughter.

"We share. It is routine for her to come in the mornings to drop off, and come back the next day," George de la Cruz, Julie's husband, said.

But on a routine pickup Friday, de la Cruz noticed something different about his wife's demeanor. "She was kind of down, she was like not there, kind of like spaced out," de la Cruz describes.

Gonzalez ended up asked him to keep their daughter through the weekend. De la Cruz says he would've never thought she'd disappear. Days later, the car Gonzalez had just bought three weeks ago, sits in Walgreens parking lot.

"Yeah, I was the last person to see her, I understand I'm the suspect but like I said, I don't have nothing to be afraid of. I didn't do nothing," de la Cruz said.

APD's Missing Persons Unit has opened an investigation, but at this point they don't suspect foul play.

"That's just not her. Totally out of character for her."

Julie Gonzalez is described as a 21-year-old Hispanic woman, 5-feet-tall, 140-pounds, brown eyes and brownish-black hair. If you've seen her call police.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/local/032910-Family-Members-Worried-About-Missing-Austin-Mom
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Julie Ann Gonzalez -- Missing 3/26/10 Empty Re: Julie Ann Gonzalez -- Missing 3/26/10

Post by FystyAngel Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm

One Month Later: Austin Mom Still Missing

Updated: Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 9:32 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 5:47 PM CDT

AUSTIN, TX - It's been one month since an Austin mom has went missing, leaving behind her family, her 2-year-old daughter and a brand new car. Julie Ann Gonzalez was last seen in an Austin Walgreen's almost a month ago and where she is today is still a mystery.

APD's Missing Persons Unit received this case one month ago when Julie Ann disappeared, but police say that they don't suspect anything suspicious. This is an answer that the Gonzalez's family members don't want to hear.

Family members have told FOX 7 from the beginning, they don't believe that the 21-year-old mother wouldn't leave without explaning and leaving her daughter behind.

Family members also state that there's been no activity on Julie's credit cards or cell phone. Over the past four weeks, they've passed out fliers with Julie's picture, offered up a reward for information, even turned to a pyschic.

The family is hosting a benefit, selling bbq plates for donations at the Hamilton Market this Sunday. That's located on Hamilton Pool Road and RR 12.

The money raised will help pay for a private investigator. The family says the Police Department isn't helping in the fight to find Julie Ann Gonzalez.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/local/042210-one-month-later%3A-austin-mom-still-missing

FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Julie Ann Gonzalez -- Missing 3/26/10 Empty Re: Julie Ann Gonzalez -- Missing 3/26/10

Post by FystyAngel Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm

FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:17 pm

This is a strange story. It sounds as if the missing woman's family is ready to believe the husband, and also to believe that this woman had a new man in her life and wanted to be with him. Why would any woman leave her child and willingly disappear? Lots of theories, and the police are seemingly doing nothing?
I hope that there is a happy ending to this case, but there are too many unanswered questions.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri May 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Search for Missing Texas Mom Julie Ann Gonzalez Continues

Posted by Caroline Black
April 30, 2010 4:29 PM

Julie Ann Gonzalez -- Missing 3/26/10 624_5010

AUSTIN, Texas (CBS) Police are continuing to search for missing Texas mom Julie Ann Gonzalez. Gonzalez disappeared over a month ago, but with very little evidence and a lack of new leads many questions remain unanswered.

According to the Austin Police Department's spokeswoman Anna Sabana, the case is still open and being investigated.

Unfortunately, she also asserts that there is no physical evidence to indicate that Gonzalez was a victim of foul play, and without probable cause, police cannot search her abandoned car or look at her phone records, reports CNN.

The 21-year-old mother was last seen by her estranged husband George De La Cruz on March 26. De La Cruz and Gonzalez were in the process of getting a divorce; however, he maintains that he had nothing to do with her disappearance and says he is willing to take a polygraph test.

De La Cruz told CNN that when Gonzalez came to pick up their two-year-old daughter at his house she "looked completely different. She kind of looked sad."

Gonzalez told him that she would be back later, but she never returned to pick up her daughter.

"She's always been responsible. She always looked out for the best interest of her 2-year-old daughter. That was her main concern, 24-7," Gonzalez's Aunt Dora Cooper told CNN.

Julie Ann's family fears the worst because they do not believe would willingly leave her daughter.

The family of missing mother Julie Ann Gonzalez prays for her safe return and asks that anyone who has information regarding her whereabouts contact the Austin Police Department at 512-974-5000.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20003876-504083.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 7:50 pm

This is just crazy.. I cant believe they cant search her vehicle and phone records etc... Her Aunt said that her bank account was accessed just last week. LE showed her a pic of the girl using her card... The Aunt said the girl at the ATM machine, was tall and she did not recognize her at all.... and that you cudnt see the girls face..

That shud be probable cause right there... This is horrendous and my heart goes out to her family who are begging LE to help them with not much luck.. I am glad that JVM is giving much airtime to this and suspect that LE will be on this case very soon...

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Police search former home of missing Austin woman

by JADE MINGUS / KVUE News
kvue.com
Updated Friday, May 14 at 6:05 PM

Julie Ann Gonzalez -- Missing 3/26/10 05141010

Austin police Friday searched the former home of a missing Austin woman. Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, was last seen March 26. She is the mother of a 2-year-old girl.

Police executed a search warrant at her former South Austin home on Garden Oaks Drive. Her estranged husband, George De La Cruz, lives there now.

Austin police will not say what they removed from the home. Neighbors watched officers remove several bags and tow two vehicles from the home.

“There was a helicopter, a cop car blocking the top of the street, and the middle of the street. White vans and detectives hanging out with gloves and taking photos of two cars and people just coming and going,” said a neighbor who wanted to remain anonymous.

APD released the following statement about the Julie Ann Gonzalez case: “The activity generated at this location cannot be discussed in detail at this time due to the continued and on-going investigation.”

A spokesperson with APD says detectives have not ruled anything out.

So far, no arrests have been made.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Police-search-former-home-of-missing-Austin-woman--93815849.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Fundraiser organized for missing mother

Julie Gonzalez was last seen at ex-husband's home

Updated: Monday, 17 May 2010, 9:18 AM CDT

JOHNSON CITY, Texas (KXAN) - Family members of a missing Austin mother are raising awareness and money Sunday to help their search for her.

Julie Ann Gonzalez went missing March 26, and her case has since garnered national attention as Austin police continue investigating her disappearance. The search for the missing mother landed on the "Dr. Phil" show Friday.

Still, there are no major leads, and the family set up a booth Sunday afternoon at the Muddy Buddy race in Johnson City, Texas.

They sold breakfast tacos and wore shirts that read: "Have you seen her?"

Austin Police Department investigators served a search warrant at the home of her estranged husband Friday but have not released what they found there, if anything.

The Gonzalez family said a family friend invited them to set up at Muddy Buddy because it's such a popular event.

"Because it's such a big turnout, there'd be a lot of people who would see Julie's pictures and know about it," said a family member. "Maybe something would come out of this."

Gonzalez was last seen at the home of her soon-to-be ex-husband George de la Cruz. Days later, her new car was found abandoned in a Walgreens parking lot.

APD urges anyone with information about Gonzalez's current whereabouts or the circumstances under which she disappeared to call the department's Missing Persons Hotline at (512) 974-5250.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/national/kxan-austin-fundraiser-held-for-missing-mother
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon May 17, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm glad to hear they were finally able to search the house, hopefully there were some clues.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Oh me too.. last I had heard the mom say that the cell phone and vehicles cud not be searched as police didnt have the power to search them as they said no evidence suggesting anything wrong.. I think the media has helped in motivating LE in this case...

I believe JVM broguht the story out (cud be wrong) .. This is one of the few times I like HLN.. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue May 18, 2010 8:43 am

AJ, I couldn't understand why they weren't able to search her abandoned vehicle and check her credit card/bank records. That just didn't make any sense. If a person is missing and their vehicle is found abandoned, why wouldn't that be probable cause to search it?
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun May 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Billboard brings more visibility to missing Austin woman

by STEVE ALBERTS /KVUE News
kvue.com
Posted on May 23, 2010 at 6:02 PM

A new billboard is helping bring more visibility to a missing Austin woman.

It involves the case of Julie Ann Gonzalez. The billboard went up last week in Southeast Austin. It's located along Ben White and Woodward Street. The -21 year old has been missing since March 26TH. Her car was found abandoned at a South Austin Walgreens. Her mother, Sandra Soto hopes the billboard will jog people’s memory and help bring her home.

“It's very hard to see my daughter's face up there and the word missing next to it,” said Soto. “She's beautiful. I wish I could have her with me instead of seeing her picture on a billboard.”

Earlier this month, Austin police searched Gonzalez’s former home on Garden Oaks Drive in South Austin. Her estranged husband George De La Cruz lives there now. The two were going through a divorce during the time she disappeared.

Neighbors say officers removed several bags of evidence and towed away two vehicles. The Austin Police department will not comment on what they found or why they were searching the home in the first place.

“I don’t think there was any new evidence found. It’s just since he did hire an attorney, and we’re not cooperating with them, they didn’t have any choice but to get a warrant and make sure there isn’t anything there, and again there isn’t,” said Austin Attorney Patrick Fagerberg, who is now representing De La Cruz.

Fagerberg said Austin police questioned his client several times and he always cooperated. He maintains De La Cruz knows nothing of Gonzalez’s disappearance.

“My client had nothing to do with it -- he’s maintained that from the beginning, and continues to maintain that. I think when it’s all said and done, those facts will come out,” said Fagerberg.

Gonzalez's family is offering a ten thousand dollar reward for information on her disappearance. The family is planning a fundraiser on June 10th.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Billboard-brings-more-visibility-to-missing-Austin-woman-94704199.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 24, 2010 4:24 am

Family steps up search for missing mom
Family rents billboard in hopes of finding mom

Updated: Sunday, 23 May 2010, 10:55 PM CDT

The family of a missing Austin mom isi trying something new to shine a bigger spotlight on their search.

Julie Ann Gonzalez vanished in March. Austin police are investigating, but leads have been sparse so her family rented this billboard in South Austin near where 290 meets I-35.

Gonzalez had been estranged from her husband George de la Cruz shortly before she dissappeared, they were headed for divorce.

Police have since served a search warrant at the home where de la Cruz lives but no arrests have been made.

The family is offering a reward and plans future fundraisers to keep up the search this summer.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/kxan-austin-family-steps-up-search-for-missing-mom
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:51 pm

Neighbor provides information about missing woman's disappearance

kvue.com
Updated today at 7:09 PM

The family of a missing Austin woman is now offering $20,000 for information about her disappearance.

Julie Ann Gonzalez was last seen more than ten weeks ago.

Now a neighbor says he watched Julie Ann drive up to her former home on Garden Oaks Drive the day she disappeared on March 26Th.

The neighbor said she was accompanied by two Hispanic men, who got out of the vehicle and walked to the backyard of the home without knocking on the door.

“She looked at me and I looked at her and I’m driving and thinking who are those guys? Who are those guys? Because here we look after each other,” said neighbor Jesse Corpus.

Corpus said he never saw the men before or anytime after.

Julie Ann Gonzalez lived at the home until she separated from her husband George De La Cruz. They have a two year old daughter together.

In May, Austin Police officers searched George De La Cruz’s home and carried out bags of evidence.

However, APD made no arrests that day and continues to say detectives are looking into all possible explanations for Julie Ann’s disappearance.

George De La Cruz’s mother found a suspicious hole in the backyard shed a few weeks back. Neither she nor her son had seen it before, so she called police.

Patrick Fagerberg, George De La Cruz’s defense attorney, says the hidden storage could provide clue to Julie Ann’s disappearance.

“From my experience it seems like it’s a hole that has been used for drugs and or money,” said Fagerberg.

Fagerberg maintains that De La Cruz had no part in Julie Ann’s disappearance. He said he picked up his sisters, shopped at Wal-Mart, and ate at McDonald’s the day she disappeared in March.

“It’s a very clear timeline and there was no opportunity for any foul play. I think that's why APD thought there was no foul play, because George gave them that timeline,” said Fagerberg.

Julie Ann's family started a website with information about her disappearance: www.julieanngonzalez.com/

There's a benefit concert Thursday night to help Gonzalez' family raise money to help find her. It's from 6-9 p.m. at Hill's Cafe at 4700 South Congress Avenue. Singer-songerwriter Sam Watkins will perform with his band Fate Train, along with Larry Lange and the Lonely Knights, and Ponty Bone and the Squeezetones. Tickets are $5 at the door.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Benefit held for missing mom

Police: Last seen at her estranged husband's house

Updated: Sunday, 18 Jul 2010, 7:02 PM CDT

Family and friends of a missing Austin woman are still doing all they can to keep her story fresh in people's minds.

The effort continued Sunday with a $20.00 per-plate cookout in West Travis County.

Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared in March. She was last seen at her estranged husband's house, her new car was found abandoned days later.

Since then her family has pulled out all the stops, putting together numerous fundraisers to keep paying private detectives for work on the case.

At one point they even rented out a billboard at I-35 and 290 and put Julie's picture on it.

Family members thank everyone helping to keep alive the search for Julie Ann.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/kxan-austin-benefit-held-for-missing-mom
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Family of missing woman says case has gone cold

by KVUE News
Updated today at 9:59 AM

An Austin family continues to raise awareness to help in the search for their 21-year-old daughter who went missing nearly four months ago.

A fundraiser was held Sunday for the family of Julie Ann Gonzalez at a restaurant in Bee Cave. The family says the money will be used to pay legal expenses and raise awareness.

Family members are now concerned the investigation has gone cold.

"The police department has not shared anything with us, we've called them, we've tried to keep in touch with them, we've provided them with a lot of information, but they have yet to share anything with us or to let our family know about anything," said Dora Cooper, Julie Ann's aunt.

Gonzalez went missing on March 26. She was supposed to meet her estranged husband and pick up their 2-year-old daughter, but she never showed up.

http://www.kvue.com/home/Gonzalez-family-says-case-of-missing-daughter-has-gone-cold-98717794.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Husband of missing woman claims harassment

kvue.com
July 20, 2010

The estranged husband of a missing Austin woman claims he is now the victim of harassment and vandalism.

Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared in March. Her estranged husband, George De La Cruz, now has full custody of their two year old daughter, which has created a lot of tension between his family and hers.

Someone smashed in De La Cruz's car windshield with a brake disc. The vehicle was parked in front of his South Austin home. His attorney, Patrick Fagerberg, claims it is just one of several threatening actions against De La Cruz.

The act of criminal mischief happened after a custody hearing for his and Julie Ann’s two-year-old daughter.

“We feel whoever is doing this is retaliating. It’s for us not giving the family custody or access to Layla,” said Fagerberg.

De La Cruz is also receiving threatening emails and others are repeatedly driving by his south Austin home.

“At this point we’ve had to have 24-hour cameras installed to try and ensure this doesn’t happen,” said Fagerberg.

Julie Ann Gonzalez mysteriously disappeared on March 26. Her family believes her estranged husband George De La Cruz knows what happened.

“Our mission is to find Julie, not to harass anyone. We just want to find Julie,” said Julie Ann’s mother Sandra Soto.

APD is investigating the report of criminal mischief at De La Cruz’s home.

De La Cruz now has full custody of their daughter, and no longer allows Julie Ann’s mother to see her granddaughter.

“It hurts that we haven’t seen Layla, and in the end the truth will come out,” said Soto.

In May, APD executed a search warrant at the home George De La Cruz. Police carried out bags of evidence. The contents of those bags are unknown after a judge sealed the search warrant.

A custody hearing for the two year old is scheduled for August 5.

Julie Ann’s family is offering a $20,000 reward for information about her disappearance.

Find more details at: http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/

http://www.kvue.com/news/Husband-of-missing-woman-claims-harassment-98873619.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Search warrants implicate estranged husband in case of missing Austin mother

by NOELLE NEWTON / KVUE News
kvue.com
Posted on August 16, 2010 at 5:48 PM

For the first time, Austin police used the word "murder" regarding the disappearance of mother Julie Ann Gonzalez.

Pictures of 21-year-old Julie Ann Gonzalez show an excited young mom. The last time anyone saw her smile was five months ago.

KVUE spoke to her mom, Sandra Soto, shortly after her disappearance.

"It's an empty feeling I can't get rid of," Soto said. "It's just a pain like no other pain I have ever experienced in my whole life."

Gonzalez's estranged husband, George DeLaCruz, told police Gonzalez went to his home on March 26 to pick up their daughter, but instead asked him to keep her a few more days. Two days later, her car was found abandoned in a Walgreen's parking lot near her home.

Monday, five search warrants were made public. All include the words "murder," "homicide," or "abduction."

In one warrant the detective states it is his belief "George DeLaCruz committed the offense of murder."

Read more: http://www.kvue.com/news/Search-warrants-reveal-new-details-in-case-of-missing-Austin-mother-100797514.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Lawyer: Husband of missing Texas woman has 'watertight alibi'

By the CNN Wire Staff
August 19, 2010 10:52 a.m. EDT

(CNN) -- The husband of a Texas woman missing since March has a "completely watertight alibi" on the day his estranged wife disappeared, his lawyer said Wednesday.

Julie Ann Gonzalez was last seen March 26 by her estranged husband, George De La Cruz, and Austin police said this week that they consider De La Cruz a "person of interest" in the disappearance. But the husband's lawyer told HLN's "Issues With Jane Velez-Mitchell" that the documents are between three and nine months old.

"If anyone would look at the timeline of the day that Julie Ann disappeared and the timeline my client has provided from morning till night, it is physically impossible that he had anything to do with her disappearance," the attorney, Patrick Fagerberg, said. "It is a completely watertight alibi everywhere he was."

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/18/texas.missing.mom/index.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:35 pm