Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books Written by the Horman Family

5 posters

Go down

Books Written by the Horman Family Empty Books Written by the Horman Family

Post by LottieM Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks to KJ for bringing this to our attention!

*KJ* wrote:I don't want to nit-pick, but...

It Kristian claimed that his GRANDfather abused him, not his father.

His father is WAY creepy though...did you see the children's books he authored??? I'll post a link if you haven't (or google Neil Horman).

ONE of his grandfathers is Melvin, Neil's dad, who is a mathematician or something like that, has some sort of patent for a gaget used by NASA and is also an author, of wait for it...wait for it...

Murder mysteries....

Oh I had a FIELD day researching those 2, and then when Kristian's arrest came...holy smokes I thought the sky was falling...but nope!

and oh oh oh....Terri's nickname, Red Squirrel was given to her by none other than Neil (her FIL) and is a character in one of his books...YEP, that's her license plate RDSQRL.

CREEPY!!! If this is Kyron's G-Grandfather's book....notice it's 'electric' in nature!!!

Books Written by the Horman Family Wired

A sedate mansion overlooking Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains of Washington State becomes a venue for murder. Ross West and Dr. Jason Blye investigate this tantalizing mystery.
This 'Who Done It' will keep you guessing...

http://melvinhorman.com/Wired.htm

Last edited by LottieM on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Books Written by the Horman Family Empty Re: Books Written by the Horman Family

Post by *KJ* Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:00 pm

These are just as bad:

http://northwesttales.com/

Pacific Northwest author, R. Neil Horman, brings life to the local mountains from a new point of view in Tokens of Trust

This web site provides a sample of a new book Tokens of Trust . On this site you will find a description of Rolf's Hideout, the setting for the stories and the first adventure presented in the book.

The stories contained in the book are designed to provide an interactive environment between parent and child. The stories should stimulate questions. The areas of inquiry will vary depending on the age of your child audience.

As in many works of fiction, some of the places and characters are real and others are pure fantasy. So when the question “Are they real?” comes up, feel free to be creative.

Some rules applied to all of the stories include a total lack of violence, suspense is generated through curiosity not conflict, and Buddy, the cat with not too tall legs, is a real cat residing in Shoreline, Washington.

Rolf’s Hideout is a wonderful place for children and animals to play. It has winding trails and gurgling creeks and lots of other things just waiting to be discovered and explored.

Buddy’s Great Adventure
Quinlan often goes on adventures with Buddy. On this day Buddy was taking Quinlan to the creek to find tadpoles.

Buddy enjoyed playing with the tadpoles so he thought this was a good idea. He led Quinlan out the front door of the Dennis’ Den and up the dirt road past the Ingersol’s cabin to the small wooden bridge over Knutson’sCreek.

Quinlan stopped to look at the garden behind the Ingersol’s cabin and saw that the rows of carrots and radishes were just starting to come up and that the tomato bushes were starting to look less like weeds. The cherry tree had white blossoms and the trilliums were in bloom. Mrs. Ingersol was kneeling in the garden pulling weeds from around the newly spouting corn stalks. Mrs. Ingersol waved at Quinlan and called to him, “Don’t get lost”.

more at link:

I don't know if I'd be WAY creeped out by these outside this case...but the whole thing has me wanting to BARF!

The description of Red Squirrel is interesting too!

*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:31 pm

OMG! KJ!....this is too much! I wonder if LE knows about these books? It's beyond creepy in many many ways! I'm flabbergasted! there could really be clues in all this to where Kyron is!

I'd like to see this subject have it's own thread so it will stand out...*hint hint*
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Good thinking, Lottie.

I wonder if LE has read these books- they couldnt be too long as they are for the kiddies. I imagine Kyron had his own copies.....
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:37 pm

KJ....where is the description of Red Squirrel?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:16 am

I'm looking for it...I think the link is broken, but I'm trying to ind it cached

meantime: http://stores.lulu.com/nilesword
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:18 am

That Red Squirrel, a Northwest Tale
Terri, That Red Squirrel

Dennis’s Den was a very good place to take naps. Naps were short periods of rest in between exciting things like waking up in the morning, having breakfast, and laying in front of the fireplace on a cool Spring morning.
It had been just such a morning when Buddy discovered Micaela sitting on the porch reading her favorite book. Buddy jumped onto her lap, pushed aside the book and curled up in Michaela’s lap.

As Buddy lay innocently studying the movement of the warm midmorning sun, a small squirrel skittered across the front yard.
She stopped, sat up on her hind paws, and looked around. Then she quickly dug at the ground and started pushing her face into the hole.
Buddy found this to be quite curious behavior and rolled over onto his side to watch the squirrel and her antics.
Micaela jumped to her feet sprawling Buddy to the porch. She ran through the front door shouting, “Grandfather, grandfather, come see the red squirrel!”
Buddy got up somewhat disheveled and looked at the creature that had so effectively upset his midmorning nap.
The red squirrel sat up on her hind paws, looked at Buddy, whirled her tail, then ran half way across the front yard.
Buddy took this as an insult and an affront and called out, as only cat’s can, “Go away and leave us alone, Red Squirrel. You ruined my nap!”
“Catnap, Catnap, Cat can’t nap nap!” taunted Terri the red squirrel and scurried away across the yard and into the woods.
Coming soon in...
Book II of Northwest Tales
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 am

“Grandfather, grandfather, come see the red squirrel!”
Buddy got up somewhat disheveled and looked at the creature that had so effectively upset his midmorning nap.
The red squirrel sat up on her hind paws, looked at Buddy, whirled her tail, then ran half way across the front yard.
Buddy took this as an insult and an affront and called out, as only cat’s can, “Go away and leave us alone, Red Squirrel. You ruined my nap!”

“Catnap, Catnap, Cat can’t nap nap!” taunted Terri the red squirrel and scurried away across the yard and into the woods.
Coming soon in...
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:23 am

Here is where I got the quotes from...I think with all the internet frenzie Neil cut the links.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qghE1LvLpAMJ:truecrimes.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D485%26t%3D3271%26start%3D25+r.+neil+horman+northwest+tales+squirrel&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

and holy cow, who is that adorable little man that is plastered all over this page...I gotta find a pic to load with both...
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:25 am

Thanks KJ! And for that link....man! I sure wish I knew if LE knew about these two authors! Ah, but they'd probably be too stupid to see any sort of connection...they'd go "These are just books...and they weren't written by Terri anyway" Rolling Eyes

So Red Squirrel was a pain in the ass? Good LORD!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:21 am

I also looked into the metaphor fro squirrels in literature...that was pretty interesting too.

Of course there is the obvious "squirreling things away" but then there is this other 'turn on a dime'....I'm not going to remember it all well, but there were articles that painted squirrels in literature as very prepared, hard to rattle, make lemonaide out of lemons, honest, playfull, happy, and more really nice stuff too...
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:36 pm

*KJ* wrote:That Red Squirrel, a Northwest Tale
Terri, That Red Squirrel

Dennis’s Den was a very good place to take naps. Naps were short periods of rest in between exciting things like waking up in the morning, having breakfast, and laying in front of the fireplace on a cool Spring morning.
It had been just such a morning when Buddy discovered Micaela sitting on the porch reading her favorite book. Buddy jumped onto her lap, pushed aside the book and curled up in Michaela’s lap.

As Buddy lay innocently studying the movement of the warm midmorning sun, a small squirrel skittered across the front yard.
She stopped, sat up on her hind paws, and looked around. Then she quickly dug at the ground and started pushing her face into the hole.
Buddy found this to be quite curious behavior and rolled over onto his side to watch the squirrel and her antics.
Micaela jumped to her feet sprawling Buddy to the porch. She ran through the front door shouting, “Grandfather, grandfather, come see the red squirrel!”
Coming soon in...

Ewww. What was "the hole"? This Twilight Zone she fell into?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Sounds somewhat like "Alice"...with the "Cheshire Cat" and rabbit hole...Are there Tweedle Twins too???
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Terri and Dede?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by chatter2 Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:43 am

I found it odd he writes about a son s wife and his son ex wifes child who is not even related to him.

chatter2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down