Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

+11
Maat
Justice4all
*KJ*
khintx
FystyAngel
JAG
Piper
sitemama
LottieM
Snaz
Calypso
15 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 Empty Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:27 pm

I have to wonder, Lottie, putting 2 +2 together, people state how Terri wasn't emotional enough at the pressers.

Perhaps, Terri had self medicated herself prior to the pressers. (Going with the claim Terri went through depression. Usually, when you get put on antidpressants, you stay on them for a long time or forever)

Who knows what Terri's mental condition was after Kyron went missing or what Terri had to endure behind closed doors with Kaine. She may have totally flipped during the course of the polygraphs due to her fears, emotions, etc. The fight or flee response could have been her emotional survival.

If I remember correctly, Kaine told Terri NOT to speak.

Terri had yielded to Desiree, the biological mother. Desiree ran with the ball in the media.

Desiree has showed nothing by contempt, and annimosity towards Terri since long before they started speaking publically.

Perhaps Desiree blames Terri for the breakup of her marriage to Kaine?
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Lottie, it may be posted somewhere, but would you please post (re-post) the link to the letter from Desiree to Kyron, as referenced in your post above?

Thanks!
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Snaz wrote:Lottie, it may be posted somewhere, but would you please post (re-post) the link to the letter from Desiree to Kyron, as referenced in your post above?

Thanks!

Alrighty Snazzy! Let me go find it....

ETA: Here ya go....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/letter-kyron-hormans-mom-desiree-young-son/story?id=10980291

Dear Kyron,

I am so soooooo sorry that this has happened. I am sorry that I was not there to protect you. I will never be able to forgive myself for being so many hours away when you needed me the most. I pray that you come back to me because I am afraid that I can't live without you. I miss you every second of every day. I would give my life for yours, I just want you back safe. You must come back to us. We have so many things that we have planned this summer that you are going to love. Quinn loves you so much and wants you home too. All of the family is here and wants you to know just how much they miss you. Mayson is terribly sad without his best friend to play with and wants you home soon.

When you come home I will show you all of things that everyone did for you, just to find you. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people that don't know you and yet they pray for you every night. They know how much I miss you and need you and they just want to bring you home to me. There are so many wonderful people working on this case and they are going to find you soon.

I would give anything to run my fingers through your short hair again. I miss having you to hug anytime I want. Night time is always hard for me. I miss you so much and want you back here so that I can protect you from all of the horrible things in this world. I just can't believe that you aren't still with us. Your life has been really great and I know that it is done yet. A long time ago you saved my life and now I am going to do the same for you. Our lives will never be the same after this.

I love you very much!

Momma (Desiree Young)

ETA:...this part in the letter is how it was written on paper Your life has been really great and I know that it is done yet. it's not a typo that she doesn't say 'is NOT done yet'.

Last edited by LottieM on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 pm

I just noticed this from Dez's letter...

A long time ago you saved my life and now I am going to do the same for you.

I wonder if she got a kidney transplant from Kyron?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:26 pm

When you come home I will show you all of things that everyone did for you, just to find you. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people that don't know you and yet they pray for you every night. They know how much I miss you and need you and they just want to bring you home to me.

Welcome to The Desiree Show again! Sad

Reminds me of my sociopathic mother who thought, at her husband's funeral, everyone had come JUST to see her. Rolling Eyes
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Lottie~

With that I have to add:

I pray that you come back to me because I am afraid that I can't live without you. (SUICIDAL?)

They know how much I miss you and need you and they just want to bring you home to me. (Just you?)

I miss having you to hug anytime I want. (Kyron lived with his father and stepmother, you couldnt hug him anytime you wanted then~)

Night time is always hard for me.

I just can't believe that you aren't still with us. (Us- Desiree and Tony? The living?)

Your life has been really great and I know that it is done yet.
(I'm sure this IS a typo-that it is done yet, she's talking in the past sense- your life has BEEN really great)

A long time ago you saved my life and now I am going to do the same for you. Our lives will never be the same after this.

I love you very much!

Momma (Desiree Young) (What mother signs her last name?)

In the first paragraph:
Desiree uses "I" 10 times, "YOU"/"YOURS" 13 times.
References to "MY"/"MYSELF" 2 times, "WE" 2 times, "US" 1 time.

Second paragraph:
Deisree uses "I" 2 times, "YOU" 10 times, "ME" 1 time.

Third paragraph:
Desiree uses "I" 8 times, "YOU" 9 times.
References to "ME" 1 time, "MY" 2 times, "US" 1 time and "OUR" 1 time.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Calypso, re: What mother signs her last name? I'm sure I read that Desiree only signed it Momma and someone else noted it was Desiree by the ().

I agree with your observations. I also think the whole letter sounds horrible to say to a child who is missing...look at all the things she says he's missing, all the fun stuff! A kid would be like "Oh Man I have to go now!"

And how she says she's so miserable! A kid would be like..."This is all my fault mommy is sad!"

The thing reads like it was his choice to leave, like he ran away. And not once does she concern herself with how Kyron might be scared or whatnot....it's just all about her misery. How can a mother not recognize to her child that "I know you're probably very scared right now, but we ARE going to find you and bring you home safe....don't you worry!"

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:28 pm

LottieM wrote:I just noticed this from Dez's letter...

A long time ago you saved my life and now I am going to do the same for you.

I wonder if she got a kidney transplant from Kyron?

Thanks, Lottie, for posting that!

I was also wondering whether or not one of Kyron's kidneys was used to save his mother..... I truly hope that is not the case.

I also have to say this sentence made me sick:

I miss having you to hug anytime I want.
She writes that letter like she was the loving, nurturing, giving mother who took care of Kyron day in and day out. Well, she wasn't. That would be Terri. And I'm sure Terri misses all those things, too!

Actually, the whole letter made me sick. You and Calypso are right that she made that letter all about her. What mother would tell a missing child those things, anyway?

She is one weird, self-absorbed chick.

Thanks again, Lottie, for posting the letter and the link.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:28 pm

I have to agree with you big time.

You would want to comfort him- everyone is fine,
mention things familiar- your cat misses you, etc..

Be reassuring. Help is on the way.

Instead, this is just infused with Desiree making statements like he ran away or has a choice. Almost to the point where she wants him to feel guilty for not being here.

Perhaps she is trying to indirectly talk to who has Kyron and make them feel guilty?
I think she would talk directly to who has Kyron. I certainly would.

Last edited by Calypso on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:33 pm

Calypso wrote:I have to agree with you big time.

You would want to comfort him- everyone is fine,
mention things familiar- your cat misses you, etc..

Be reassuring. Help is on the way.

Instead, this is just infused with Desiree making statements like he ran away or has a choice. Almost to the point where she wants him to feel guilty for not being here.

Perhaps she is trying to indirectly talk to who has Kyron and make them feel guilty?
I think she would talk directly to who has Kyron. I certainly would.

Maybe, Calypso.... but if it were me, and my child were missing, I wouldn't pussy foot around with a letter like that to my son. I'd be BEGGING whoever had him NOT to harm him and to bring him home.

My own letter to a missing son would be MUCH different than Desiree's.

But that's just me.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:37 pm

No doubt.

I also believe I would take ANY help I could in finding him and bringing him home.

I would talk to the media and anyone else who would listen to me.

The "divide and conquer" scenario did nothing to push this investigation along, it hindered it and wasted time. The real perp has had a 6 week (?) headstart.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:39 pm

I would also advise them that they had better hope the police catch them before I did.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:06 pm

I agree, Snaz! I'd be begging every TV station around to let me beg publicly every day for whoever had my kid to PLEASE not harm them and PLEASE let them go! And it wouldn't be like Dez did telling them calmly to tell Kyron to call 911 and tell them who he is....I'd be frantic! And I know I'd stay frantic until I had my kid in my arms!

I hope Dez didn't take a kidney from Kyron....I really really do hope that! Because I'd be scared to think she may only have gotten pregnant so as to have a fresh kidney from a baby who had no say (because her older son had a say) and after she got her kidney she didn't want Kyron anymore so off to daddyland!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:34 pm

What do you all think about this part from Dez's letter to Kyron?

"Our lives will never be the same after this."

Is that supposed to comfort Kyron? I thought he was happy! Are things not going to be happy anymore?

WTH is she talking about?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Lottie, something is just wrong with this woman... the more I hear from Desiree's mouth, the more I think so.....

IMO, she has problems......

Even if Terri were to tend up being guilty in some form for Kyron's disappearance, Desiree STILL has problems.... and they don't have anything to do with Kyron being abducted. If she were smart, she would keep quiet about anything other than begging for the return of her son. If not, the tide may turn one day, and she may find herself in Terri's shoes...... people digging into her past, making something out of every little thing she ever did or said.... basically just being trashed by almost everyone. I wonder how she would feel about that?

As always, JMO.

Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Snaz wrote:Lottie, something is just wrong with this woman... the more I hear from Desiree's mouth, the more I think so.....

IMO, she has problems......

Even if Terri were to tend up being guilty in some form for Kyron's disappearance, Desiree STILL has problems.... and they don't have anything to do with Kyron being abducted. If she were smart, she would keep quiet about anything other than begging for the return of her son. If not, the tide may turn one day, and she may find herself in Terri's shoes...... people digging into her past, making something out of every little thing she ever did or said.... basically just being trashed by almost everyone. I wonder how she would feel about that?

As always, JMO.

Re: bolded part....I'm already doing that! ;)

I don't feel sorry for Desiree one bit! For all she knows she's slandered an innocent woman who cared for her child for her through thick and thin, sickness and normal childhood drama etc...
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Her marriage to Kaine is what eluded us. Our understanding was Desiree filed for Divorce from Kaine when she was 8 months pregnant with Kyron.

I find this perplexing considering at this time in a womans life, you're getting ready to physically give birth and you want the nursery fixed up, you're having a baby shower, getting things ready for the baby. You're nesting instinct is kicking in.

Here, Deisree is filing for Divorce. And also a Restrainging Order because she feared Kaine would take the children- even though Quinn is not Kaine's biological son.

The statement she made in her letter to Kyron opens up a Pandora's box of questions:

"A long time ago you saved my life and now I am going to do the same for you."
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Oh, the mysteries! What could this mean?

Well, let's put it together with why Desiree went to Canada for her kidney problem (the nature of that hasn't been disclosed to my knowledge) when she/Kaine and her parents all lived in the USA and see what might shake out.

We have hospitals here. What's the deal? Was there some procedure offered in Canada that was not available in the USA? Well....according to research, the USA is far less likely to give kidney transplants until it's the last resort, while Canada will transplant more readily.

In Canada, since she's not a citizen there, she didn't get her care for free or anything, and she did run up a huge bill to the tune of $30,000 we're told.

I wonder if Canada reserves their kidneys for Canadian citizens or if anyone can come get one. Or can you BYOK? (that's Bring Your Own Kidney)

When she went to Canada, did she take Kyron?

When she filed for divorce, did she do to Kaine what Kaine did to Terri....file a RO and take automatic custody so she wouldn't have to get Kaine's permission to take Kyron across the border?

Did Desiree have a kidney transplant, and did she use one of Kyron's?

It is my understanding that after a kidney transplant or removal the patients are watched and treated for a year. Didn't Desiree give Kyron to Kaine when he was just about a year and a half old?

Well, that's my thoughts....anyone think of any other reason Desiree would tell Kyron he saved her life a long time ago?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm not too smart on this kind of thing, but would a baby's kidney work in an adult? I know my cousin was in Viet Nam and was exposed to Agent Orange, which destroyed his kidneys. He has had 3 transplants, one was from a brother and 2 from cadavers. The last two took quite a while to obtain, because not only did they have to find the matching blood types but also the size.

sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:50 pm

You know what I originally thought about that was that maybe her pregnancy, Kyron's birth or problems after that exposed her kidney issues that she never knew she had.....from tests or something. So then she went for treatment, so therefore he saved her life.

Last edited by Piper on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 pm

sitemama wrote:I'm not too smart on this kind of thing, but would a baby's kidney work in an adult? I know my cousin was in Viet Nam and was exposed to Agent Orange, which destroyed his kidneys. He has had 3 transplants, one was from a brother and 2 from cadavers. The last two took quite a while to obtain, because not only did they have to find the matching blood types but also the size.

I wondered that too, mama....I googled it and finally found something...

Our study shows that infant en bloc kidney transplants grow rapidly and provide excellent function to the adult recipient.

http://www.jurology.com/article/S0022-5347%2801%2967743-7/abstract

PS...sorry about your cousin. My husband was exposed to AO too, but he was lucky.

Last edited by LottieM on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Below are snippets taken from various places on this site:

http://www.transplant.bc.ca/index.asp

Living with a Kidney Transplant

Anti-rejection drugs
Rejection episodes
Infection
Medication and other costs

You must live in the lower mainland (close to Vancouver and VGH/SPH) for approximately three months following surgery so that you can be closely monitored. When you first leave the hospital, you will need to visit the clinic usually twice a week, and sometimes more frequently depending on the care you require. If you are from out of town, this is a major consideration and should be discussed prior to coming to Vancouver for transplant. For many, this involves both financial and emotional hardship. Discussion with your social worker prior to transplantation is key, and your social worker will work with you to establish a plan.

After six months, your clinic visits decrease to once a month, and eventually, to once every three to four months or less. The frequency of your follow-up visits to the clinic depends on your health and progress. This varies for each individual.

Benefits

Organ transplantation can literally be the difference between life and death for some patients. For others it represents a total transformation in their quality of life. For a kidney transplant recipient, it means freedom from kidney dialysis treatment - a treatment that is required 3 days a week for 4-hour sessions.

Organ transplantation also has a long-term economic benefit in reducing patient care costs. The typical kidney dialysis treatment cost approximately $50,000 a year, while a kidney transplant costs about $20,000, plus about $6,000 a year for the immunosuppressants (anti-rejection medication).

Q: Is age a factor in organ donation?

A: The quality of the organ is more important than the age of the donor. The important thing is that people of all ages should make their wishes known to their families.

Q: Is organ transplantation expensive?

A: The vast majority of transplant surgeries in BC are for kidneys, and kidney transplantation actually saves money. Kidney dialysis costs $40,000 to $50,000 per year. On the other hand, a successful kidney transplant costs approximately $20,000 for the surgery and $6,000 per year for the follow-up cost of the immunosuppressants. Cost savings are about $150,000 per transplant patient over a five year period.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:08 pm

Being a Living Donor
What Makes a Good Donor?
While many people are willing to be living donors, not everyone has the qualities necessary to participate in living donation. Donors must be chosen carefully in order to avoid outcomes that are medically and psychologically unsatisfactory.

At a minimum, all potential donors must be genuinely willing to donate, physically fit, in good general health; and free from high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, kidney disease and heart disease. Beyond these basic requirements, a representative from the transplant center will meet with the potential living donor to discuss the donor’s individual circumstances and to conduct compatibility tests.

Individuals considered for living donation are usually between 18-60 years of age. Gender and race are not factors in determining a successful match.

http://www.transplantliving.org/livingdonation/livingdonor/gooddonor.aspx
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Calypso wrote:Her marriage to Kaine is what eluded us. Our understanding was Desiree filed for Divorce from Kaine when she was 8 months pregnant with Kyron.

I find this perplexing considering at this time in a womans life, you're getting ready to physically give birth and you want the nursery fixed up, you're having a baby shower, getting things ready for the baby. You're nesting instinct is kicking in.

Here, Deisree is filing for Divorce. And also a Restrainging Order because she feared Kaine would take the children- even though Quinn is not Kaine's biological son.

The statement she made in her letter to Kyron opens up a Pandora's box of questions:

While this made me go cold all over, I'd have to discount it for a very simple reason.

*IF* this were true, wouldn't Desiree have pointed the very first finger at Kaine?

JAG

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24397

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 pm

JAG...good point, but Terri would be easier to blame because Terri was the one taking Kyron to school....and she could hurt Kaine in the process.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Here is a pdf file which discusses the donor consent issue (page 6) as well as the minimum age of consent (pages 6 and 7).

http://www.ccdt.ca/english/publications/background-pdfs/Living_Organ_Donation_Consent_Caulfield.pdf

Basically, the living donor has to comprehend the process and long term issues associated with the transplant/donation.

Some providences say the legal age for a living donor is 16, others 18 and another at 19. The issue is the consent aspect.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:28 pm

JAG wrote:
Calypso wrote:Her marriage to Kaine is what eluded us. Our understanding was Desiree filed for Divorce from Kaine when she was 8 months pregnant with Kyron.

While this made me go cold all over, I'd have to discount it for a very simple reason.

*IF* this were true, wouldn't Desiree have pointed the very first finger at Kaine?

Maybe she did.
However, Terri was the primary caretaker and the last person allegedly seen with Kyron.
Desiree had a history with Kaine, good or bad. She didn't have a history with Terri.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:37 pm

I just wonder if any doctor would take a brand new baby's kidney and transplant it to the mother....to save her life, maybe they would. Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 5368

I do recall that family that deliberately had a second child just so the child could (I think it was...) give her older sister bone marrow. No one asked the child if it was ok! She was a baby....the parents signed off on it. There was even a Lifetime Movie made about it because it was so controversial.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:46 pm

I knew what you were getting at which is why I posted the above link.

I can honestly say Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 5368
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Actually, did the mother have other options?

Dialysis?

Cadaver transplant?

People have 2 kidneys also.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:05 pm

We just don't know enough about Dez's kidney issues! ;)

I just don't get why she went to Canada unless it was for a transplant. She could have gotten dialysis in the USA...but like that one article said, Canada will do a transplant a whole lot earlier in kidney disease before the USA will. The USA will wait and wait and do dialysis as long as it's working no matter how inconvenient and costly it is. But Canada will cut the costs and do the transplant and be done with it.

Also, in researching, I've found that both kidneys go bad at the same time.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Also, in researching, I've found that both kidneys go bad at the same time.

That I didn't know.

Maybe this new forum is good for me....... :)
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:20 pm

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20100714/UPDATE/100714038

Food for thought:

*snipped from article...

On Tuesday, a judge consolidated the restraining order and divorce into one case.
Young has said Terri Horman was supposed to drive Kyron to Eugene on the day he disappeared to turn him over to her and Tony Young to spend the weekend in Medford.
On Tuesday, Young told “Today” she had to work the day of the science fair, and is racked by guilt that she wasn’t there.

“To know that I was four and a half hours away when he needed me to protect him,” Desiree Young said, “the fact that I had to work that day instead of going to the science fair like I wanted to, that I feel guilty for, too.”

She said Kyron was unhappy in his father and stepmother’s house, and resisted being returned there.

“Kyron became increasingly unhappy about not spending time with me,” Young said. “He wanted to come and live with us. Several times he would just break down and just sob because he wanted to stay.”

If Kyron was so upset and crying about going back to his father's house, wouldn't ANY mother confront the father?

Would this not require and inquiry?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Needed assistance in finding this (Thx, Pandora):

A gift from police helps Kyron Horman's mother cope

July 07, 2010 5:48 PM

MEDFORD, Ore. -- Desiree Young is living a nightmare. Her child, 7-year-old Kyron Horman, is missing.

But she's not going through the pain alone.

She carries a small piece of comfort with her everyday, and she wears it around her neck.

"This is a police shield we got when Kyron went missing, it talks about strength and courage and I wear it everyday," she said.

A fellow Medford Police Department officer drove to Portland when the search started around June 4th to give the family the shield.

Desiree says she hasn't taken it off since.

Lt. Bob Hansen says Desiree is part of the "family of blue," the Medford Police Department, her hometown police force and her husband's brotherhood.

"That's a little bit of a connection that person needs, somebody else comes about and is thinking about them and that memento hits a cord or special note with them and that's what its there for," says Lt. Hansen.

Kyron's stepfather, Det. Tony Young said, "they have bent over backwards not only to assist us like a family but too anything regarding this case for us."

A "family of blue," who's also missing a son.

If you have any information about Kyron call 503-261-2847 or 911 if it's urgent.
I noted someone had asked about a medical alert necklace Desiree was wearing. Desiree also wears this item.

http://www.ktvl.com/articles/police-1196055-kyron-desiree.html
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Calypso, I think that is what some thought was a medical alert necklace. I don't think she is wearing a medical alert necklace, just the one mentioned above.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:08 am

Kyron Horman's Father Says 'Small' Chance of Wife Being Innocent

By MIKE von FREMD and SARAH NETTER
PORTLAND, Ore., July 9, 2010 —

**Culled from article....

But, he noted, there is the chance that she's been telling the truth -- that she has no idea where her stepson may be.

"That's entirely posible," he said. We've never heard anything from an evidence stand point that Terri knows where Kyron is."

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=11124144

WOW! So sad, the LAST TWO SENTENCES of the article!!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:06 am

Between my trip to Florida & being in the hospital...I'll be honest...I don't have many of the actual "details", other than what I see posted here. I guess I'm a little surprised how quickly, so many are jumping on both parents.

I do understand that the stepmoms whereabouts are in question & she hasn't been readily available for LE. I also understand a few other details but not too many.

As I go through the articles to try to catch up...the wonderful news hits the media stations, about the little 7 yr old girl, who was found safe & sound after so many years! It makes me think of Kyron...and HaLeigh too, actually. I can pray & hope that something like this happens to them as well. (Being found...safe).
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:29 am

Hello FystyAngel,

I sure hope you are feeling better.

Everything to this point has been either leaked to the media, or stated by Kaine, Desiree and Tony to the media. LE has made few statements to date.

When the Daniel Staton, Multnomah's Sheriff, made the statement that "The family was cooperating", Desiree negated his statement by saying "Terri is not cooperating".

Because Desiree is the biological mother (and her husband is a cop), there isn't much of an investigation going on about her specifically.

Desiree is the one who brought forth the allegations against Terri in the media, not LE.

None of us know where Kyron is or who took him.

What LE did say was "Everyone is a person of interest" and really, until Kyron is located and there are some answers, that is the way it should be.

(and I'm too tired to go hunt for links right now)

Last edited by Calypso on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:35 am

OCD kicking in, can't leave things half done:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheriff: Horman investigation not stalled, 2,877 leads

Last Update: 2:56 pm

PORTLAND -- Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said Friday that the Kyron Horman investigation was in no way stalled, and that 20 detectives from his office and other agencies including the FBI were on the case 24/7.

Investigators were operating under the premise that Kyron is still alive.
There have been 2,877 valid leads and about 60 percent of them have been covered. Each lead takes detectives in a new direction, making it difficult to pursue the remaining leads faster, he said.

"Everyone is a person of interest," Staton said in response to questions about any specific individuals.

Staton added that there were no "serial patterns" that indicated a threat to the community.

He could not coment on the report Terri Horman lied to investigators and said to his knowledge, she had been cooperative.

Staton called the investigation "unique," in the fact that it involved interviews from so many children, parents and school staff.

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story...O7OzStIMw.cspx
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:37 am

Sheriff: Terri Horman being cooperative

July 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM PDT
Updated: July 2, 2010 at 6:13 PM PDT
Anna Song KATU News
KATU.com Staff

Terri Horman, the stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, has been fully cooperating with law enforcement, according to Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton Friday.

http://www.katu.com/news/97705124.html?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:45 am

Kyron's Parents Field Questions By E-mail

POSTED: 9:56 pm PDT July 5, 2010
UPDATED: 4:04 pm PDT July 6, 2010

**snipped from article.

Q: The Sheriff spoke out on Friday and said Terri Horman has cooperated throughout the investigation but was insinuated in your statement that she has not been cooperating-please explain.

A: We believe that the Sheriff’s statement could have been MISINTURPETED and possibly reflects Terri’s cooperation to participate in prior weeks during the investigation. The statement was directed at historical cooperation not current cooperation. Based upon information we have received from briefings it is our understanding, and continues to be such, that she has not been cooperating . We have been briefed by law enforcement and we have not received a response since our request for her to fully cooperate with investigators to assist in bringing Kyron home. We continue to issue our plea of her FULLY cooperating with law enforcement and the investigation to help bring Kyron home as quickly as possible.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24151901/detail.html
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:43 am

Calypso wrote:Kyron Horman's Father Says 'Small' Chance of Wife Being Innocent
By MIKE von FREMD and SARAH NETTER
PORTLAND, Ore., July 9, 2010 —

**Culled from article....

But, he noted, there is the chance that she's been telling the truth -- that she has no idea where her stepson may be.

"That's entirely posible," he said. We've never heard anything from an evidence stand point that Terri knows where Kyron is."

WOW! So sad, the LAST TWO SENTENCES of the article!!

I don't understand the media sometimes....That article titled Kyron Horman's Father Says 'Small' Chance of Wife Being Innocent doesn't really say he thinks she might be innocent in some small way.....it says The father of missing Oregon second-grader Kyron Horman said there is little doubt that his estranged wife had something to do with his son's disappearance. "I think the percentages are so small that I have no optimism in that regard, no," Kaine Horman said when asked if there was any chance his wife, Terri Horman, was innocent.

Garrett (a former FBI special agent- not working on the case) said the attempted police sting(wired MFH landscaper) leads him to believe police think she has either direct or indirect knowledge of where Kyron is. But, he noted, there is the chance that she's been telling the truth -- that she has no idea where her stepson may be. "That's entirely possible," he said. "We've never heard anything from an evidence stand point that Terri knows where Kyron is."

I was really hoping Kaine had started to come to his senses, but apparently he's still under Desiree's spell.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:49 am

Calypso wrote:http://www.kptv.com/news/24151901/detail.html

POSTED: 9:56 pm PDT July 5, 2010
UPDATED: 4:04 pm PDT July 6, 2010

**snipped from article.

Q: The Sheriff spoke out on Friday and said Terri Horman has cooperated throughout the investigation but was insinuated in your statement that she has not been cooperating-please explain.

A: We believe that the Sheriff’s statement could have been MISINTURPETED and possibly reflects Terri’s cooperation to participate in prior weeks during the investigation. The statement was directed at historical cooperation not current cooperation. Based upon information we have received from briefings it is our understanding, and continues to be such, that she has not been cooperating . We have been briefed by law enforcement and we have not received a response since our request for her to fully cooperate with investigators to assist in bringing Kyron home. We continue to issue our plea of her FULLY cooperating with law enforcement and the investigation to help bring Kyron home as quickly as possible.

Dez and Kaine make me sick. I'd stop cooperating too if I felt like I was being bullied into a corner until I admitted something I didn't do. Besides which, it's never a good idea to go on the defense when you're not guilty and are being bullied. Terri has, no doubt, said all she knows! Just because Dez and Kaine 'think' she knows more doesn't mean she does.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:03 am

Garrett said the attempted police sting leads him to believe police think she has either direct or indirect knowledge of where Kyron is.

"That's entirely posible," he said. "We've never heard anything from an evidence stand point that Terri knows where Kyron is."

Yes, Lottie, I too thought at first, Kaine had said those words, but it was Brad Garrett, former FBI special agent, who said them.

I was hoping Kaine was free of Desiree's influence, but I guess not. I'm sure if she is staying in town, she is also living in Kaine's home. Do you think she is helping with the baby. I just can't see that happening, since she is Terri's baby, and Dez didn't even take care of her own.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:04 am

The school utilized services from people in the community and anyone who had anything to do with being near students needs to be checked out.

"Hands on Portland"** uses people with Probation Violations looking to make up some community service hours. The person is supposed to sign a statement stating they dont have any violent crimes or sex offenses. Don't know how accurate their records are. Sheriff Depts don't have the resources to keep their registries up to date- for the ones who have been caught.

Some churches can offer violators an opportunity to make up hours, I've seen it done before.

There are a bunch of sex offenders currently in the county jail who were arrested AFTER June 4th as I have gone through the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Public Access to Inmate Data:

http://www.mcso.us/PAID/Default.aspx

(I used a, then b, then c in the last name field to bring up the inmate population)

I have no clue about the recidivism rate in Multnomah Co. for sex offenders, which, sadly, I believe is responsible for Kyron's disappearance.

**"Hands on Portland" is mentioned as an example. I'm sure they do a lot of good things in the community.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:16 am

Calypso wrote:http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20100714/UPDATE/100714038

Food for thought:

*snipped from article...

On Tuesday, a judge consolidated the restraining order and divorce into one case.
Young has said Terri Horman was supposed to drive Kyron to Eugene on the day he disappeared to turn him over to her and Tony Young to spend the weekend in Medford.
On Tuesday, Young told “Today” she had to work the day of the science fair, and is racked by guilt that she wasn’t there.

“To know that I was four and a half hours away when he needed me to protect him,” Desiree Young said, “the fact that I had to work that day instead of going to the science fair like I wanted to, that I feel guilty for, too.”

She said Kyron was unhappy in his father and stepmother’s house, and resisted being returned there.

“Kyron became increasingly unhappy about not spending time with me,” Young said. “He wanted to come and live with us. Several times he would just break down and just sob because he wanted to stay.”

If Kyron was so upset and crying about going back to his father's house, wouldn't ANY mother confront the father?

Would this not require and inquiry?

One would think she's have wanted to find out what was buggin' her kid! But I think she's misreading things, if not twisting the truth. Like maybe Terri/Kaine wanted Desiree to take Kyron back....maybe Terri was wanting out of her marriage to Kaine and Kaine - being left without a sitter for Kyron- had thought about letting Kyron go live with Desiree.

About this whole science fair thing....

I've said it before and I'll say it a hundred times.....Desiree is making too big a deal out of having to work as the reason she didn't come to the science fair. Work or not, it's a 4 1/2 hour drive from her place to Skyline, which means she'd have had to get out of bed about 3AM in order to get to the science fair....and I don't see anyone getting up at 3AM and driving 4 1/2 hours for a couple minutes at a science fair.

Anyhow, the science fair is, IMO, being blown out of proportions as to the importance of it to Kyron that people come to it. (I've been through many of these when my son was in school, and with all the endless projects kids have to do, it's really just one more project) More than anything, these events are fun for kids because they get out from behind their desks! I'd bet he was proud of it and would have liked to share it, but he would probably have been just as happy to share it once it was back at his house for Desiree if she couldn't make it to the actual event OR before he ever took it to school. Kids don't hang around and oggle their own projects at the science fair anyway! They go look at everyone else's stuff! If Desiree had come, it would have been more of her taking a quick look at his exhibit and then going around with him (and Terri) to look at other exhibits. Also, I'd bet Kyron would have been just as happy to share a picture of his exhibit with Desiree as he would to have her see it in real. Dez should just shut up about this farce that she 'wanted to come' to the science fair so badly!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:19 am

sitemama wrote:
Garrett said the attempted police sting leads him to believe police think she has either direct or indirect knowledge of where Kyron is.

"That's entirely posible," he said. "We've never heard anything from an evidence stand point that Terri knows where Kyron is."

Yes, Lottie, I too thought at first, Kaine had said those words, but it was Brad Garrett, former FBI special agent, who said them.

I was hoping Kaine was free of Desiree's influence, but I guess not. I'm sure if she is staying in town, she is also living in Kaine's home. Do you think she is helping with the baby. I just can't see that happening, since she is Terri's baby, and Dez didn't even take care of her own.

Call me paranoid or whatever, but I'd be afraid for Desiree to be around Kiara alone until LE finds out for sure who made Kyron go missing!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:24 am

Sorry Lottie, I should have specified who stated that for clarity.

I would like to point something out in this particular article.

In previous articles and interviews, Desiree has made statements that she didn't speak to Terri until Kyron was year and a half old. Kyron is 7yrs old and will be 8 on September 9, 2010.

In this article, she clearly states:

"She hasn't told the truth for seven and a half years that I have known her," Young said.

No biggie, just figured I'd make mention of that Freudian slip.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:44 am

Snipped from an article on Page 1 of this thread:

Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Horman, and his father were officially divorced in February 2003, according to Washington County Circuit Court records.

Carol Moulton said that Kaine, 36, and Terri, 40, have been together for seven or eight years and that they have been married for four or five years. The couple have an 18-month-old girl.

"Terri has raised Kyron," her mother said. "She's been with him since he was an infant. She's as much of a mom as the mom is because the parents had separated about the time that Kyron was born."
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:49 am

Calypso, I was wondering if maybe Kaine was having an affair with Terri before he and Dez separated, and that was the reason for filing for divorce @ 8 months pregnant?

But, if she had only known Terri for 7-1/2 years, Kyron was already born. So why did she leave Kaine before the birth?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next