Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timmothy Pitzen -- Missing 5/13/11 (Mother Found Deceased)

+5
Estee
FystyAngel
sitemama
Sherry
Piper
9 posters

Go down

Timmothy Pitzen -- Missing 5/13/11 (Mother Found Deceased) Empty Timmothy Pitzen -- Missing 5/13/11 (Mother Found Deceased)

Post by Piper Tue May 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Cops: Evidence may suggest mom left missing boy with acquaintance
His mother took him out of town and apparently committed suicide

Timmothy Pitzen -- Missing 5/13/11 (Mother Found Deceased) Timoth11
Timothy Pitzen 6; Mother Amy Fry-Pitzen

By Andy Grimm and Gerry Smith

Tribune reporters

12:26 p.m. EDT, May 17, 2011
Picked up from school by his mother, an Aurora boy embarked on a whirlwind journey -- a trip to Brookfield Zoo followed by back-to-back visits to popular water parks.

But 6-year-old Timothy Pitzen has not been seen since Friday morning, when his mother checked them out of the Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells.

Since then, authorities in three states -- Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin -- have searched for Timothy, who has been missing since his mother’s apparent suicide in a Rockford hotel room over the weekend.

Aurora police said Monday evening that Timothy’s car seat and Spider-Man backpack are missing from the 2004 Ford Expedition that his mother, Amy Fry-Pitzen, was driving and which was found in the Rockford hotel parking lot. Police made the discovery after reviewing photos of the car’s interior with James Pitzen, the boy’s father and the mother’s husband.

Police said the missing items may support a theory that Fry-Pitzen left Timothy with a friend or acquaintance.

Police also said they found credit card receipts showing that Fry-Pitzen bought some children’s clothes and toys at a Shopko store in the 4800 block of Washington Avenue in Racine, Wis., around 11:15 Friday morning. About three hours later, receipts show that Fry-Pitzen bought gas and beverages at a Qwik-Trip store about 71 miles northwest in Johnson Creek, Wis., just off Interstate Highway 94, police said.

Read more:
http://www.wsbt.com/news/chibrknews-grandmother-of-missing-boy-we-dont-know-if-hes-alive-or-dead-20110516,0,7592989.story

Last edited by Snaz on Fri May 25, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correct spelling of Timmothy's name)
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Timmothy Pitzen -- Missing 5/13/11 (Mother Found Deceased) Empty 6-year-old Timothy Pitzen missing, mother found dead in Ill. motel room

Post by Sherry Tue May 17, 2011 6:45 pm

(CBS/WBBM/AP) AURORA, Ill. - Police are looking for missing 6-year-old boy Timothy Pitzen, whose mother was found dead inside a Rockford, Illinois motel room after slitting her wrists.

Amy J. Fry-Pitzen and Timothy were originally reported missing about 1 p.m. Thursday by Amy's husband, who is also the boy's father. The two apparently visited the zoo on Wednesday, then checked into the Key Lime Cove Resort in Gurnee, Ill., near the Wisconsin border, reports CBS station WBBM.

Timothy was last seen at about 10:10 a.m. on Friday when he accompanied his mother, checking out of the Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells, reports the station.

Detectives say that Amy then checked herself into the Rockford Inn in Northern Illinois Friday night. At the time, she apparently was not accompanied by Timothy.

No one heard from Amy or Timothy until Friday afternoon when she contacted several family members and acquaintances by phone, police say. Timothy talked to at least one of the relatives and did not seem to be in any distress, according to WBBM.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20063566-504083.html

Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Timmothy Pitzen -- Missing 5/13/11 (Mother Found Deceased) Empty Re: Timmothy Pitzen -- Missing 5/13/11 (Mother Found Deceased)

Post by Sherry Tue May 17, 2011 6:46 pm

I tried to post the little guy's picture but I couldn't do it. Embarassed

Here are images of him
http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10007797.html?tag=contentMain%3bcontentBody
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Timmothy Pitzen -- Missing 5/13/11 (Mother Found Deceased) Empty Re: Timmothy Pitzen -- Missing 5/13/11 (Mother Found Deceased)

Post by Sherry Wed May 18, 2011 11:37 am

The FBI is now involved in the search for a missing Aurora boy whose mother was found dead in Rockford. Six year old Timothy Pitzen was last seen Friday morning in the Wisconsin Dells with his mother Amy Fry-Pitzen. Later in the afternoon, phone records show they were in the Sterling-Rock Falls area when the two called family and friends. That night Amy Pitzen was seen at Sullivan Foods in Winnebago without Timothy. A short time, later she checked into the Rockford Motel where she apparently committed suicide. The boy's family says they believe he's okay. Police say that theory could hold up. Timothy's car seat and backpack were missing from the SUV his mother was driving.

http://mystateline.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=252737
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 am

This is terrible. I sure hope he is o.k. and with someone who is taking good care of him. I also hope he is with someone he knows.

(BTW Sherry, did you join us in the chat room during jury selection today? I don't remember seeing you. they are on break until 1pm for lunch.)
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed May 18, 2011 11:45 am

Good morning, sitemama!

No, I am pretty busy again today so I'm not able to stick around to chat. Lovely day outside once again so its weedin' and sowin' time!

Razz
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed May 18, 2011 11:55 am

Timmothy Pitzen -- Missing 5/13/11 (Mother Found Deceased) Timpit10

As soon as I heard of this case...I went to the little boy that was found in Maine...checked the distance, etc. to see if it could be this boy child. The distance is so great, that I doubt it's him.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed May 18, 2011 3:07 pm

I just heard on HLN that the boy in Maine has been identified. Camden Pierce Hughes. His mother has confessed to killing him.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed May 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Oh no, not another one. That is so very sad Sad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed May 18, 2011 11:09 pm

http://mystateline.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=252977

"During a series of telephone calls at least one family member said he did talk to timothy and timothy said he was fine and nothing lead the family member to believe he was in danger" says Aurora police spokesman, Dan Ferrelli.

Over the weekend timothy's mother, Amy Fry Pitzen, was found dead in a Rockford motel from an apparent suicide, after leaving aurora on Wednesday with her son.

"There was marital strife we found out about whether that led to the steps she took we're not sure at this point" says Ferrelli.

There are several theories police are considering at this point and everyday the need to find a clue becomes greater.

"As the days pass without hearing anything from timothy were growing increasingly concerned about his well fare" says Ferrelli.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed May 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Dear God I pray that this child is found safe and sound...I place his care in your hands and hope there is new information as to his whereabouts soon...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Thu May 19, 2011 12:02 am

Estee wrote:Dear God I pray that this child is found safe and sound...I place his care in your hands and hope there is new information as to his whereabouts soon...

AMEN
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat May 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Corrections made in missing boy case~

Earlier this week, authorities said that after they found the body of Amy Fry-Pitzen in a Rockford hotel May 15, they discovered Timmothy Pitzen's car seat was not in the car, leading them to believe Fry-Pitzen may have left the car seat with whomever she left her son. But Saturday, Aurora Police Chief Gregory Thomas said in a news release that the boy's grandmother had taken the car seat a week earlier.
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/news/local/chibrknews-search-continues-for-son-of-dead-woman-20110521,0,115730.story?track=rss

Also in the article it is noted that Timmothy's name has two "m"s in it.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun May 22, 2011 8:25 am

Thanks for the information, Sherry. I corrected the spelling of Timmothy's name. Bless his little heart, I hope this child is in safe hands.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sun May 22, 2011 10:50 am

It's been a week...grandma has the car seat...where's the backpack? I'm praying that his mother didn't kill him to give herself the courage and reason to kill herself! Sad
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:12 pm

June 3, 2011 12:06 PM

Ill. police turn to geologists in search for missing 6-year-old Timothy Pitzen

By Camille Mann

(CBS/KCCI) AURORA, Ill. - Investigators said they are asking geologists to help in the search for missing Illinois 6-year-old Timothy Pitzen, who disappeared after his mother committed suicide at a hotel.

Pictures: Missing 6-year-old Timothy Pitzen

"What were trying to do here is pinpoint an area that we can start searching. We got a huge circle and we really need to make that smaller," said Dan Ferrelli, the spokesperson for the Aurora Police Department, reports CBS affiliate KCCI.

Read more:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20068638-504083.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:43 pm

I have a feeling she did not hand this child over to anyone, they would have come forward by now.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by linden Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:46 pm

I totally agree with you, Piper. ;(

linden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:51 am

http://mystateline.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=261757

His innocent, smiling face vanished just like that, leaving neighbors in tears, and keeping investigators up at night.

"It pops into my head all the time." says Aurora Police Lt. Pete Inda.

Inda , is trying just about everything to find six year old Timmothy Pitzen missing from Aurora for nearly two months, from passing around flyers to launching a seventy-person search in the Rock Falls area, where timothy was last seen with his mother, Amy Pitzen.

"It does take a toll on us a lot of us have kids his age and its frustrating very frustrating" says Lt. Inda.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:48 pm

Boy's blood found in mother's SUV~

http://www.rrstar.com/top_stories/x181941999/Missing-Illinois-boys-blood-found-in-SUV-backseat

Police say they don't know how long the boy's blood was in the vehicle. Family members told authorities it's possible the blood came from a bloody nose the boy suffered over the past 12 to 18 months.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Police Release New Surveillance Video Of Missing Aurora Boy

AURORA, Ill. (CBS) — It has been more than six months since 6-year-old Timmothy Pitzen was last seen, and police have released new surveillance video in hopes that someone will come forward with information.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/11/18/police-release-new-surveillance-video-of-missing-aurora-boy/
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Police say they're releasing the new information in hopes a hunter or hiker or landowner might see some trace of Timmothy.

The meadow is most likely in Lee or Whiteside counties, though Carroll, Ogle, Stephenson and Winnebago counties haven't been ruled out, police said.

Authorities are asking anyone in those areas to be on the look-out for any items that were missing from the SUV, including: Timmothy’s Spider Man backpack, several toys, a tube of toothpaste his mother bought for Timmothy before he disappeared, and his mother's cell phone and I-Pass.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-police-release-new-details-in-case-of-missing-boy-6-20111118,0,7697635.story
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:27 pm