Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinky Meter "Refugees"

+132
Ann - Tx
Dupin
hinky_shadow
Six of One
Willow123
NanaStacy
glazier
chewet
Valhall
hello clarice
Joni 10
Snaz
LucyJane
Mirantha
alabama52
khintx
jaquey
ThirdEye
stark3923
CrimeGirl
HinkySD
lily2
logbump
Fingerlakes
Rocking
Cleopatra
CasaSupporter
playmuni
debloree
CuriousPortlander
Cubs Fan
summerthyme
carlakay
KimmyK
Lash
Orgona
ClaireUncensored
Piper
LuLu-Tx
ellejay
steff13
tnvol
GoodWitch
smitty1965
Twinkle
JayBos
lotusflame
old chemistry major
inthedark
ustwin
robbyred
BrowncoatWhit
Estee
snowbird
Bmore
Glamourcat
Hobnob
Tob in Ohio
jerseyjul1
Marica
Ellie Tza
KZ
Justice4all
wonderingwhy
emberl
CA Lady
NoZone9
Chester_from_THM
auburn99girl
Hinky's Mimi
JustWinnie
Tinyworm
Gizmo711
Soprano1
DebFrmHell
lostyou
Kwest
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Carolina Grandma
agatha_in_SD
junie4justice
KellyJK
Lilith
Scarsmom
justanopinion
FystyAngel
Gracie
DanStar
*GEL*
JMG610
peony459
eva
CherokeeNative
Ms Esq
kimi_SFC
tesstruhart
color77
Com-Sen
Weeziethm
suz1729
ecossie possie
Gia
Mercysake
stina
ishi
KathyNY
ohwow1
Eileen_Dover
ExerSarah
Puzzler
Stolat
Igirl
nanshin
Darkman
djmed99
ruckrider bball
jeflinkin
HawaiianEye
angela_nw
Fishknees
Honeysage
SweetT
KeepingMyWitts
One Wonders
Tamta
sitemama
nanaof4
Nene_Please
Hunters G-ma
angiefly2
Chickenbutt
136 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 Empty Re: Hinky Meter "Refugees"

Post by Stolat Mon May 14, 2012 10:12 am

Ann - Tx wrote:Hey, jersey! You are looking good!

I'll never forget when I saw your avatar on THM for the first time. I asked you if that was a pic of you and you said No, it is Justin Timberlake. (I think that is the name)

I bet you thought, "What rock has she been under?" Laughing

I love JerseyJul's avatar - always got my daily drool when I'd see it. Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 242147 It's not Justin Timberlake...who is younger and sings better... It's Johnny Depp - who (IMO) is way hotter and has best chiseled jawline on the planet.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Mon May 14, 2012 10:22 am

Stolat wrote:

I'll never forget when I saw your avatar on THM for the first time. I asked you if that was a pic of you and you said No, it is Justin Timberlake. (I think that is the name)

I love JerseyJul's avatar - always got my daily drool when I'd see it. Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 242147 It's not Justin Timberlake...who is younger and sings better... It's Johnny Depp - who (IMO) is way hotter and has best chiseled jawline on the planet.

SO HAPPY to see TWO of my favorite avatars here: Meth Lab (what a cutie!) and Johnny Depp (yum yum!). Feels like a homecoming
Very Happy
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 14, 2012 10:32 am

Eileen_Dover wrote:
Stolat wrote:

SO HAPPY to see TWO of my favorite avatars here: Meth Lab (what a cutie!) and Johnny Depp (yum yum!). Feels like a homecoming
Very Happy

Eileen - so glad you made it too! Meth Lab always has a big smile for you! I agree it's a relief to see familiar folks here!
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 10:35 am

If anyone wants to use the Live Chat during the Tammi Smith trial today, just help yourself. Go to the Forum page, scroll all the way down to the bottom. Click LogIn on the right hand side, and chat!

Then click the word Chatbox on the left if you want a larger chat screen to open.

You can also pick a Font color by clicking the A, next to the :).
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 14, 2012 10:40 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvMW9n_GpEoiEB7aCTvRifRDggJ5RCN0t_6hJWYRsicSk8bHEkgA

Rise and shine, former Hinksters! Time to drink your coffee and start blogging.
Bumping! Very Happy
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 14, 2012 10:40 am

Julie wrote:If anyone wants to use the Live Chat during the Tammi Smith trial today, just help yourself. Go to the Forum page, scroll all the way down to the bottom. Click LogIn on the right hand side, and chat!

Then click the word Chatbox on the left if you want a larger chat screen to open.

Thank you, Julie.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 10:41 am

You're welcome. :)
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 am

Ann - Tx wrote:

Just for Chat! was a real popular thread at The Hinky Meter.

It was where we posted our fun comments, odd and end whatever, chit chatted, etc.

I know I will miss Just for Chat and I would be willing to bet our newest former Hinkster members will miss it also.

Just for Chat! . . . for ALL members of Reality Chatter.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3807-just-for-chat#136444
RC - - Just for Chat!
Bumping! Very Happy
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 am

Oh, and if you don't "say" anything in chat for like 5 or 10 minutes, it will automatically disconnect you. Just click LogIn again.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 14, 2012 10:44 am

Julie wrote:If anyone wants to use the Live Chat during the Tammi Smith trial today, just help yourself. Go to the Forum page, scroll all the way down to the bottom. Click LogIn on the right hand side, and chat!

Bumping! Live Chat is a lot of fun! Very Happy
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 Empty Hinky Meter Groupie

Post by Glamourcat Mon May 14, 2012 10:49 am

Hi everyone,
I'm so glad I have found a new home as it was quite traumatic to be stranded. As a Oklahoma native, I felt a connection Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 643974 to Val and will certainly miss her quick wit and her articles which I've always felt were Spot on! Of course her sarcasm was an added bonus! In typical Oklahoma Twister fashion, I will turn on my doplar radar and jump to another location!! We'll miss you Val!!!

Glamourcat

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Mon May 14, 2012 10:58 am

Good morning friends, we have been so fortunate to find this site and like little mercury beads, congeal into one large blob.....not exactly the word picture I want but I haven't finished my coffee. Anyway, new week and I think we should get to work and make Val proud. She taught us a lot and we need to use that education. I love you
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 am

Welcome to Reality Chatter, Glamourcat and tesstruhart!

We are so glad to have you and all of the former Hinksters who have decided to join us.

tess, I agree with you about making Val proud of us. She would want all of us to move forward and continue our efforts in the cases we have been following as well as new cases and cases we have not been following.

Val would not want us to feel lost any longer or be sad. She'd want us to be the great sleuths that we were at The Hinky Meter.

We'll make Val proud of us! One day down the road, she may come here and see the awesome work that we've done and that she knows we are capable of.

We learned a lot from Val and we need to put our Valhall/Hinky Meter education to work!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 11:27 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
RE: Drew Peterson trial

There were several Hinksters that expressed an interest, at THM, hoping that Val would cover the Drew Peterson trial.

If the trial will be televised or streamed online, perhaps Justice4All can set up a video box with a Live Stream and Live Chat like he did for the Casey Anthony trial and I think the Dr. Conrad Murray trial.

It was really nice to have our own Live Chat and the video box above it. It was available to members only and we did not have trolls crashing our Live Chat. Our Live Chat is in real time but no audio.

Maybe if we are real nice (hint, hint, J4A) to Justice4All, he will set that up for us when the trial starts.

As many of you know, the State of Illinois, is allowing cameras in the court room in certain counties. InSession has indicated they are interested in streaming the trial Live if the Judge will allow cameras in the Court Room.

I checked a thread here and it appears Drew Peterson articles are being posted on it. It has not been active in quite a while. When the trial starts, I don't know if Justice4All (J4A), will set up a separate thread for the trial or what. He will let us know.

Until J4A decides what he will do and for now, we can post on the Stacy Peterson thread.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t2471-stacy-peterson-missing-10-28-07?highlight=Drew+Peterson
Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07

That is so awesome that you are able to do the live stream witht he chat box, so looking forward to it during trials! Is there a sort of developing stories thread? That was where I spent alot of time at thm.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 14, 2012 11:32 am

Ann - Tx wrote:

RE: Drew Peterson trial/case

There were several Hinksters that expressed an interest, at THM, hoping that Val would cover the Drew Peterson trial.

If the trial will be televised or streamed online, perhaps Justice4All can set up a video box with a Live Stream and Live Chat like he did for the Casey Anthony trial and I think the Dr. Conrad Murray trial.

It was really nice to have our own Live Chat and the video box above it. It was available to members only and we did not have trolls crashing our Live Chat. Our Live Chat is in real time but no audio.

Maybe if we are real nice (hint, hint, J4A) to Justice4All, he will set that up for us when the trial starts.

As many of you know, the State of Illinois, is allowing cameras in the court room in certain counties. InSession has indicated they are interested in streaming the trial Live if the Judge will allow cameras in the Court Room.

With Julie's approval, I have set up a new thread in the Awaiting Trial section of the Forum.

If you would like to discuss Drew Peterson's upcoming trial or the Drew Peterson case, please do so here:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3808-drew-peterson-case-upcoming-trial#136531
RC - - Drew Peterson case - Upcoming Trial
Bumping! With Julie's approval, I've started a new thread for Drew Peterson!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 14, 2012 11:45 am

lostyou, I know! I loved the Developing Stories thread at The Hinky Meter. It was a very popular thread.

We don't have one here. A new thread would be started in Daily News and if it was going to be a story that developed further than it would be moved to the appropriate section with title changes.

Like the Isabel Celis case started in Developing Stories at THM. Isbael was not found within a day or two and Val started covering the story on a dedicated thread.

We could easily have 50 threads a day in Daily News if we did not have a Developing Stories, thread here.

I am going to set up a Developing Stories thread. Justice4All, Site Administrator is familiar with Developing Stories at THM.

He may want to set it up a different way or have other ideas and if so, we'll roll with the flow.

I can not get in touch with Justice at this time to get his approval. I will set it up and it can always be moved.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 11:46 am

lostyou wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:
RE: Drew Peterson trial

I checked a thread here and it appears Drew Peterson articles are being posted on it. It has not been active in quite a while. When the trial starts, I don't know if Justice4All (J4A), will set up a separate thread for the trial or what. He will let us know.

Until J4A decides what he will do and for now, we can post on the Stacy Peterson thread.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t2471-stacy-peterson-missing-10-28-07?highlight=Drew+Peterson
Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07

That is so awesome that you are able to do the live stream witht he chat box, so looking forward to it during trials! Is there a sort of developing stories thread? That was where I spent alot of time at thm.

Hi lostyou. Any developing stories here become their own threads. Most of them would probably end up in Daily News. Unless it's an addition to an already started thread. If you're not sure you can click the Search box, and type in the name, or whatever, and see if something is already started.

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 11:48 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:

RE: Drew Peterson trial/case

With Julie's approval, I have set up a new thread in the Awaiting Trial section of the Forum.

If you would like to discuss Drew Peterson's upcoming trial or the Drew Peterson case, please do so here:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3808-drew-peterson-case-upcoming-trial#136531
RC - - Drew Peterson case - Upcoming Trial
Bumping! With Julie's approval, I've started a new thread for Drew Peterson!

Make sure you don't do ANYTHING, without Julie's approval! No

roflao
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon May 14, 2012 11:49 am

Well after a couple days of wondering what the heck was going on... I'm only on during the week days... I found you guys... The fun police at work limit where I can go but I found you guys!
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Bmore wrote:Well after a couple days of wondering what the heck was going on... I'm only on during the week days... I found you guys... The fun police at work limit where I can go but I found you guys!

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 864739 Bmore, glad you found us. Make yourself at home, and feel free to ask any questions.

btw, fun police at work...... Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 916266 Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 916266 Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 916266

Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Mon May 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi, I am poohbear from Val's site.
I am hoping I did not do anything wrong at her site.
I think when we come to the blogs we bring our own experience to our opinions.
I was a victim of a violence crime and have been thought the court systems.
It was not fun and I hope I never have to go thru that again. If I offend you in any way, I am so sorry.
I guess I don't have much tolerance for the person accused of the crime as I do the victim.

Val,

I am so sorry for everything you are going thru, I hope you find the peace that you need and deserve. Your site has meant a lot to me. I love how you broke down the forensic in the Anthony case. Please take care of yourself.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Julie, I know the drill about approvals. lol roflao

Julie, I've set up a Developing Stories thread. Justice4All might understand how it worked and the type of stories that were posted on Dev. Stories at The Hinky.

If he decides that he does not want to go this route, then no problem.

Perhaps some of the Hinksters could discuss it with him. I too wish we had a Developing Stories thread here.

Yesterday I got a few PMs wanting to know where the Developing Stories thread can be located.
~~~~~

For now, this is the Link to Developing Stories in the Daily News section.

http://www.realitychatter.com/post?f=31&mode=newtopic
RC Developing Stories (in Daily News section of the Forum)

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 12:23 pm

BMore, awesome your here, good to see you.

Snowbird, formerly Poohbear, this is going to take me a minute to remember, LOL, glad to see you too.

Your right, our personal experiences do help us form our opinions & more importantly, how we may or may not view things differently than other's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 864739 to RC, snowbird/poohbear.
I'm sorry to hear about the terrible ordeal you went through.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Julie, your too awesome, it's good to know you are the "go to person" for a lot of things. This site is so user friendly, Justice 4all, fysty angel, & you have done an excellent job of making the site so accessible.

I have a silly question. Is there any way I can check into the site & see all the topics available, is there a list of current topics or the most popular topics that are listed on a page? At this time, I have been looking at the topics scrolling on the left I think on the HOME page, just wondering, TIA.

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Thanks for the welcome, It going to take me a little time to navigate this site. I am looking forward to being here.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 12:34 pm

art tart wrote:Julie, your too awesome, it's good to know you are the "go to person" for a lot of things. This site is so user friendly, Justice 4all, fysty angel, & you have done an excellent job of making the site so accessible.

I have a silly question. Is there any way I can check into the site & see all the topics available, is there a list of current topics or the most popular topics that are listed on a page? At this time, I have been looking at the topics scrolling on the left I think on the HOME page, just wondering, TIA.

Thanks art tart. eva Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 80578 (you'll meet her) calls me her go-to girl, too. Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 759197 I'm glad you're enjoying the site. The whole layout and easy accessibilty is thanks to Justice4all, (J4A). He is very accomodating.

If you go to the Forum page, everything is broken down by category. Click on a category that interests you, and it will give you a list of individual thread titles.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon May 14, 2012 12:38 pm

To all the NEW members, Hinksters and others, please accept my belated WELCOME...I have been under the weather and not quite up to keeping up lately...I am improving and my online time is increasing as I progress...Sorry to hear of your loss of site, but rest assured you have found a new home...I hope you love it here as much as I do...Bless you all....ST
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 12:46 pm

art tart wrote:Julie, your too awesome, it's good to know you are the "go to person" for a lot of things. This site is so user friendly, Justice 4all, fysty angel, & you have done an excellent job of making the site so accessible.

This link may be what you are looking for. It is my favorite way to navigate the site.

http://www.realitychatter.com/search?search_id=newposts

You can also find this link by going to the forum page and clicking View posts since last visit

You will get a page that looks like this.
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 210

To make things even simpler once you have the list up, for any topic you are interested in, right-click the orange square with the little arrow to the left of the topic title, then click Open link in new tab. This will open each of the topics to the first new post since your last visit.
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 310

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 410
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Bmore wrote:Well after a couple days of wondering what the heck was going on... I'm only on during the week days... I found you guys... The fun police at work limit where I can go but I found you guys!

Bmore -- me too. I thought the FunPolice had shut me down .... or worse~!~! But then I also couldn't log on via my phone and new something was ominous.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowncoatWhit Mon May 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Wow. This has been a terrible, hard, no-good morning! I'm still reeling from the blow of the THM being gone.

I've spent the following couple of days in denial, hoping the "for sale" sign on The Hinky Meter was simply some sort of crazy mix-up. I'm devastated now to see that's not the case, and that THM is gone.

I fully support Val and whatever decision she's reached for her site -- her goodbye post upthread has literally left me in tears. God Bless you, Val -- you've been an inspiration and you've made a difference in more lives than you know.

I have followed THM since before it began, but was never more than a fringe post. But it was a rare day when I didn't visit the site at least once, and as someone else said upthread, many were the times when I would find myself logging in hourly to follow the fast pace of a developing story.

I will always miss Val (and her wonderful mods!)'s measured and sane admin efforts. "Crazy as a bag of cats" is an apt analogy for posters some days, and that's true even when THM seemed to be the watering hole for the cream of the crop.

I'm finding the depth of my sense of loss a little unnerving -- losing The Hinky Meter is like losing a friend. It's like losing a bunch of them. I will miss all of the familiar voices very much! There are times when I think you all kept me sane!

Seeing The Hinky Meter go dark is like seeing Batman's bat light fade out, or watching Superman succumb to kryptonite. A powerful force for good has been extinguished, and you know the Joe Basharas, Casey Anthonys, and Terri Hormans of the world are celebrating. Here's hoping we'll all see the day come with Val decides to put on the cape again.
BrowncoatWhit
BrowncoatWhit

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Stolat wrote:

Bmore -- me too. I thought the FunPolice had shut me down .... or worse~!~! But then I also couldn't log on via my phone and new something was ominous.
I thought she had all my isp addresses and I was banned from thm by all three. But then I got smart and just e-mailed her and she e-mailed back saying it was true. And then I knew how majorly addicted I had become! So far I love it here.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon May 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvMW9n_GpEoiEB7aCTvRifRDggJ5RCN0t_6hJWYRsicSk8bHEkgA

Bumping! Very Happy

Holy Moly!!! I feel like I'm on a cruise (never been on one lol) coffee and everything. I feel like the Queen Of Sheba. I better be careful I don't want to get on a high horse.
I have never felt so welcome on a site before right off the bat.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 1:22 pm

BrowncoatWhit wrote:Wow. This has been a terrible, hard, no-good morning! I'm still reeling from the blow of the THM being gone.

I've spent the following couple of days in denial, hoping the "for sale" sign on The Hinky Meter was simply some sort of crazy mix-up. I'm devastated now to see that's not the case, and that THM is gone.

I fully support Val and whatever decision she's reached for her site -- her goodbye post upthread has literally left me in tears. God Bless you, Val -- you've been an inspiration and you've made a difference in more lives than you know.

I have followed THM since before it began, but was never more than a fringe post. But it was a rare day when I didn't visit the site at least once, and as someone else said upthread, many were the times when I would find myself logging in hourly to follow the fast pace of a developing story.

I will always miss Val (and her wonderful mods!)'s measured and sane admin efforts. "Crazy as a bag of cats" is an apt analogy for posters some days, and that's true even when THM seemed to be the watering hole for the cream of the crop.

I'm finding the depth of my sense of loss a little unnerving -- losing The Hinky Meter is like losing a friend. It's like losing a bunch of them. I will miss all of the familiar voices very much! There are times when I think you all kept me sane!

Seeing The Hinky Meter go dark is like seeing Batman's bat light fade out, or watching Superman succumb to kryptonite. A powerful force for good has been extinguished, and you know the Joe Basharas, Casey Anthonys, and Terri Hormans of the world are celebrating. Here's hoping we'll all see the day come with Val decides to put on the cape again.
good to see you brown.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 1:25 pm

BrowncoatWhit wrote:Wow. This has been a terrible, hard, no-good morning! I'm still reeling from the blow of the THM being gone.

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 864739 to RC! I hope over time, we can soften the blow of losing THM.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 1:27 pm

One Wonders wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:

Bumping! Very Happy

Holy Moly!!! I feel like I'm on a cruise (never been on one lol) coffee and everything. I feel like the Queen Of Sheba. I better be careful I don't want to get on a high horse.
I have never felt so welcome on a site before right off the bat.

I know what you mean. We felt like that when we first came here too.

eva Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 8 80578 (you'll meet her) had this to say shortly after we all got here:

This site feels like running free on a playground on a sunny day with the wind in your hair and the birds chirping around you!~~eva

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robbyred Mon May 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Hello everyone, I too am sad that Val has stopped her blog. I checked in there everyday. So glad to see some of you here. (Lost my old avatar, so I'm trying something new.)

Last edited by robbyred on Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new avatar)
robbyred
robbyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 14, 2012 1:29 pm

lostyou wrote:
Stolat wrote:

I thought she had all my isp addresses and I was banned from thm by all three. But then I got smart and just e-mailed her and she e-mailed back saying it was true. And then I knew how majorly addicted I had become! So far I love it here.

BBM
RIGHT??!!

Nothing outs an addiction like taking the object of fixation away! I felt a little embarrassed by how "lost" I felt and have to admit feeling a sense of panic when otherwise all logic told me this was an irrational feeling for a grown productive adult to feel. I felt like a jittery junkie that needed a drug fix -- felt like emailing Val and asking her for just a "little hit" ... to hold me over... you know, just a little newsfeed story or perhaps just a drag off a video link...
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 1:29 pm

If you are getting too many emails, please go to your profile, click on preferences, then make sure Always notify me of replies and Notify by e-mail when a new message has arrived in my inbox are set to no. After you set your options the way you want them, scroll down to the bottom of the profile page and click Save.

Also, the emails provide a link to stop watching a topic. Please click on that if you get anymore emails after changing your profile settings.

Please click http://www.realitychatter.com/f5-site-help-suggestions for more useful information on using the site and feel free to post any questions you may have.

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Okay, every time I see this thread, this song comes to mind.
https://youtu.be/XHnqeXdprlA

See, we don't have to live like a refugee. Very Happy
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 1:32 pm

lostyou wrote:Okay, every time I see this thread, this song comes to mind.
https://youtu.be/XHnqeXdprlA

See, we don't have to live like a refugee. Very Happy

LOL, I was thinking that too.

You know you can embed videos here.

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 1:33 pm

On youtube, click Share, then click Embed, then copy the code, and paste here.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowncoatWhit Mon May 14, 2012 1:34 pm

ishi wrote:I am so glad to see all of you. Valhall and the Hinky was it for me. Years ago when I found Val's blog I never read anywhere else again. I broke down and cried yesterday when I found out the Hinky Meter was gone forever. I am still so sad and forlorn. But it helps to see all of you here!

::hugs:: I'm having a case of the weepies this morning, after hoping-against-hope all weekend that the closure of the THM was just a weird web mix-up of some kind. It's amazing how important a single blog site has become in our lives, isn't it? I wasn't aware of how deep my addiction was, until suddenly I'm begin hit by the withdrawals!

Someone point me to the rehab program for former addicts! "My name is BrowncoatWhit, and I'm a Hinky Meter Refugee..."
BrowncoatWhit
BrowncoatWhit

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Another way to stop email besides my post above is to click profile, click Topic(s) Being Watched, then scroll to the bottom, click Mark All, then click Stop watching the selected topics.

The best time to Watch a Topic and receive emails is probably when a topic has pretty much died and hasn't had any new posts in awhile, and you want to be alerted when someone posts on the topic which will hopefully mean there is breaking news.

Last edited by Justice4all on Mon May 14, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowncoatWhit Mon May 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Stolat wrote:Nothing outs an addiction like taking the object of fixation away! I felt a little embarrassed by how "lost" I felt and have to admit feeling a sense of panic when otherwise all logic told me this was an irrational feeling for a grown productive adult to feel. I felt like a jittery junkie that needed a drug fix -- felt like emailing Val and asking her for just a "little hit" ... to hold me over... you know, just a little newsfeed story or perhaps just a drag off a video link...

YES! Exactly!!! I think I crossposted with you regarding the withdrawal blues...
BrowncoatWhit
BrowncoatWhit

Back to top Go down

Post by ustwin Mon May 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi everyone, former Hinkyette here, glad to be a part of your group. Got some fanaggling to do to learn how to navigate arond here, hopefully we'll be in touch soon as I learn the process. Thanks, FystyAngel for the WELCOME!

ustwin

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Justice4all wrote:Another way to stop email besides my post above is to click profile, click Topic(s) Being Watched, then scroll to the bottom, click Mark All, then click Stop watching the selected topics.

The best time to Watch a Topic and receive emails is probably when a topic has pretty much died and hasn't had any new posts in awhile, and you want to be alerted when someone posts on the topic which will hopefully mean there is breaking news.
Thank you Justice. After having a previous E-mail where I was notified about everything under the sun and was not able to get a handle on it, I guard my new one like a bull dog! I like to keep it clear for kids school info., docs, family etc. Thanks for all your help.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Testing Testing

WARNING, hard rock. lol

lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 14, 2012 2:25 pm

lostyou wrote:Testing Testing

WARNING, hard rock. lol

Now yer talkin' ! Nothing like a little RATM
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Stolat wrote:
lostyou wrote:Testing Testing

WARNING, hard rock. lol

Now yer talkin' ! Nothing like a little RATM
My son introduces me to all kinds of music! Love most of it, could do without the screamo though. affraid
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next