Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

+35
JustWinnie
ellejay
Hinky's Mimi
nanshin
CA Lady
ishi
angiefly2
Roxanne14
ExerSarah
SweetT
Ellie Tza
sitemama
Soprano1
Orgona
Lash
Freckles
snowbird
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Justice4all
Stolat
Tbrownsanjo
Chester_from_THM
Joju
Chickenbutt
Typo Positive
senseigurl
kimi_SFC
Beaner
justanopinion
Julie
Ann - Tx
nanaof4
Honeysage
Tamta
39 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 Empty Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

Post by Tamta Sat May 12, 2012 1:09 am

Cops doing more searches in Sierra LaMar case

http://www.ktvn.com/story/18311051/cops-doing-more-searches-in-sierra-lamar-case

The new search comes just days after investigators found what could be a key piece of evidence in Sierra LaMar's disappearance. They recovered a red sedan that was seen in the area where they believe Sierra was abducted near her home on the morning of March 16.

Last edited by Snaz on Fri May 25, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added date)
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

Post by Honeysage Sat May 12, 2012 1:20 am

did anyone watch America's Most Wanted tonight? i don't have cable so i will have to wait for a video upload.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat May 12, 2012 1:31 am

Honeysage wrote:did anyone watch America's Most Wanted tonight? i don't have cable so i will have to wait for a video upload.

I do not even have TV!!!

I am hoping someone posts an outline tomorrow.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaof4 Sat May 12, 2012 1:37 am

Honeysage wrote:did anyone watch America's Most Wanted tonight? i don't have cable so i will have to wait for a video upload.

I did. I didn't feel there was anything really new.

nanaof4

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat May 12, 2012 1:42 am

Mother of missing teen Sierra LaMar issues Mother's Day letter

Snipped.

Marc Klaas, of the Klaas Kids Foundation, said he suggested LaMar write the letter. "It would be something that I thought would be good for her to do, to reach out to try to make contact with Sierra," he said. The Klaas foundation has organized the thrice-weekly searches for Sierra.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_20605813/mother-missing-teen-sierra-lamar-issues-mothers-day
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat May 12, 2012 1:49 am

Sierra LaMar search expands to local waterways after two local kidnapping attempts found to be unrelated

Snipped

On Tuesday, Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza announced that investigators had recovered a red Volkswagen Jetta they believe to be linked to Sierra's disappearance. The car has been seized and is undergoing a forensic examination.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57431636-504083/sierra-lamar-search-expands-to-local-waterways-after-two-local-kidnapping-attempts-found-to-be-unrelated/

Never once a single mention of when it was recovered or a statement that reads like this:

"On 9 March the Santa Clara Sheriff's Office recovered a .... from..... "

The stolen car could have been discovered and seized by Police as early as evening of 3/23 or morning of 3/24.

Surveillance tapes were already in process of having been reviewed, as Sheriff states on NG 3/20.

So why all of this news now I have to ask?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Sat May 12, 2012 3:30 am

Tamta wrote:Mother of missing teen Sierra LaMar issues Mother's Day letter

Snipped.

Marc Klaas, of the Klaas Kids Foundation, said he suggested LaMar write the letter. "It would be something that I thought would be good for her to do, to reach out to try to make contact with Sierra," he said. The Klaas foundation has organized the thrice-weekly searches for Sierra.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_20605813/mother-missing-teen-sierra-lamar-issues-mothers-day

there is something about Marlene that pushes all the wrong buttons on me. she has this constant underlying negative tone in regards to Sierra. it's like she says something sweet but then always has to put in a little jab, it's obviously subconscious but it is always there. Again, she is given the opportunity to talk about Sierra as her mom, and all we get is a generic Hallmark card. Honestly, if Sierra is alive and well hiding out somewhere-Marlene's words would not make me rush home anytime soon if i were here.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 Empty Sierra Lamar -- Missing 03/16/12

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 12, 2012 6:02 am

Hi, Tamta!

Welcome to Reality Chatter! Hope you will like it here.

The Site Administrators want the threads here to be consistent. There might be a few here that have to be "corrected."

Anyway, I know you are new here and you would not have known how the thread title should be set up.

Would you please do the following? If you can no longer Edit, Julie or one of the Site Adminstrators will have to fix the thread title.

Click EDIT on your first comment. It is in the upper right corner of your comment.

When the box opens, delete the title of the thread: Sierra Lamar.

Type in the following (or copy and paste it):

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 03/16/12

Of course, you will not be able to bold the title. Notice how I posted the title above my comment.

Thanks, Tamata!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat May 12, 2012 10:02 am

Date has been added.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat May 12, 2012 10:05 am

Julie wrote:Date has been added.

I am confused.

Are we supposed to type in Sierra's name and date reported missing every time?

Am I missing something??

sorry.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat May 12, 2012 10:16 am

Tamta wrote:
Julie wrote:Date has been added.

I am confused.

Are we supposed to type in Sierra's name and date reported missing every time?

Am I missing something??

sorry.

Yes, we usually put the name, the date missing, sometimes the age, or the location. Look here, http://www.realitychatter.com/f30-missing , scroll down a little and you'll see how the other titles are. It's not a rule, it just adds some info to the title.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat May 12, 2012 11:37 am

Honeysage wrote:

Snipped.

there is something about Marlene that pushes all the wrong buttons on me. she has this constant underlying negative tone in regards to Sierra. it's like she says something sweet but then always has to put in a little jab, it's obviously subconscious but it is always there. Again, she is given the opportunity to talk about Sierra as her mom, and all we get is a generic Hallmark card. Honestly, if Sierra is alive and well hiding out somewhere-Marlene's words would not make me rush home anytime soon if i were here.

At the moment, I do not have a membership to the Marlene Lamar fan club and she still retains the POI status(Ready to get bumped to Suspect any day!) in my perspective on this case.

I find it interesting that she chose to address the theme of conflict in her Mother's Day address and words to Sierra.

Snipped:
BBM

"A child develops ideas of their own,"

"Sometimes a mother might disagree because of personal experiences and wisdom.

We hover, discipline and teach them to be responsible.

"I knew she was going to be strong willed the moment the doctor saw on the ultrasound that she was doing somersaults in utero."

Sierra is Marlene's daughter.
Sierra is missing at the moment.

Why are issues of discipline and responsibility being discussed?
Why not bring up academics too?

Keep talking Marlene.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat May 12, 2012 2:04 pm

RE-POSTING FROM HINKY THREAD
(Last development in Sierra LaMar Case)

Police: Suspect car not linked to similar kidnap attempts

Snipped
BBM

The car is linked to Sierra’s disappearance by other witness statements and public video surveillance cameras, according to sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

Witnesses and authorities investigating two other recent attempted kidnappings of female victims reported similar-looking vehicles driven by the suspects. Those incidents happened in San Jose and Walnut Creek, but Cardoza said “at this time” there is no apparent link with Sierra’s case or the car allegedly used in her kidnapping.

More @link

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/police-suspect-car-not-linked-to-similar-kidnap-attempts/article_d508a18c-f3a6-595b-a098-5b2c494d77c5.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Sat May 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Tamta wrote:
Honeysage wrote:

Snipped.

At the moment, I do not have a membership to the Marlene Lamar fan club and she still retains the POI status(Ready to get bumped to Suspect any day!) in my perspective on this case.

I find it interesting that she chose to address the theme of conflict in her Mother's Day address and words to Sierra.

Snipped:
BBM

"I knew she was going to be strong willed the moment the doctor saw on the ultrasound that she was doing somersaults in utero."

Keep talking Marlene.

Suspect If this is Marlene's round about way of saying she misses her daughter and that mother's day is just another day until Sierra comes home. If this was an opportunity to get a runaway to come home she missed the boat. If this was showing her guilt for not being a great mom she might have done the job! But this certainly was an odd way of speaking under the circumstances. Mom has very poor communication skills for sure! An perhaps is too much of a disciplinarian to have any empathy!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 Empty Sierra Lamar missing------ 3/16/12

Post by Beaner Sat May 12, 2012 11:55 pm

I am just figuring out how to post on this site, I recognize a few names from THM which I am happy about. Very Happy

That letter written by ML was very strange and her appearance on AMW was just as odd, the way she was smiling just made me shiver.

Last edited by Beaner on Sun May 13, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Beaner
Beaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 12:01 am

Beaner wrote:I am just figuring out how to post on this site, I recognize a few names from THM which I am happy about. Very Happy

That letter written by ML was very strange and her appearance on AMW was just as odd, the way she was smiling just made me shiver.

Hi Beaner!

So on AMW any 'hard questions' asked-
and answered?!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 Empty Sierra Lamar Missing----3/16/12

Post by Beaner Sun May 13, 2012 12:15 am

Pretty much softball questions, more focus on the father. But I think I heard ML say that she put lunch money in Sierra purse like everyday, this was new info for me. I will have to re-watch episode it's not avail yet online.
Beaner
Beaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 12:21 am

Beaner wrote:Pretty much softball questions, more focus on the father. But I think I heard ML say that she put lunch money in Sierra purse like everyday, this was new info for me. I will have to re-watch episode it's not avail yet online.

Interesting.
So the idea being that it was put in there and yet was not discovered.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaner Sun May 13, 2012 12:28 am

Right, and it was like she was adding more to her story about her morning routine with Sierra..she would tuck it in her purse EVERYDAY. No mention by LE of money found in purse.
Beaner
Beaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 12:33 am

Beaner wrote:Right, and it was like she was adding more to her story about her morning routine with Sierra..she would tuck it in her purse EVERYDAY. No mention by LE of money found in purse.

I have to say:

That is soooooooo Marlene. crystal ball

'Just in case my prints are on there too by the way.....'
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaner Sun May 13, 2012 12:39 am

Exactly..

Beaner
Beaner

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Sun May 13, 2012 1:12 am

Tamta wrote:
Beaner wrote:Right, and it was like she was adding more to her story about her morning routine with Sierra..she would tuck it in her purse EVERYDAY. No mention by LE of money found in purse.

I have to say:

I have it on DVR and plan to (try to) transcribe what ML said tomorrow after work, unless someone beats me to it. I didn't even consider the prints nor the $ not being mentioned yet by LE. :sigh:
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Mood : Praying

http://twitter.com/latinasiangyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Sun May 13, 2012 1:53 am

Interesting...most schools have debit lunch programs which are prepaid by parents so no cash needs to be exchanged. Sobrato HS does have this program. I would like proof she gave Sierra cash everyday for lunch when a much easier system was in place. And i'm sorry, what 15 year old wants their mom going into their purse?
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 1:58 am

Honeysage wrote:

Interesting...most schools have debit lunch programs which are prepaid by parents so no cash needs to be exchanged. Sobrato HS does have this program. I would like proof she gave Sierra cash everyday for lunch when a much easier system was in place. And i'm sorry, what 15 year old wants their mom going into their purse?

Great Point about the lunch
and
EXACTLY about the purse.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 1:59 am

kimi_SFC wrote:
Tamta wrote:

I have to say:

I have it on DVR and plan to (try to) transcribe what ML said tomorrow after work, unless someone beats me to it. I didn't even consider the prints nor the $ not being mentioned yet by LE. :sigh:

that would be great!

don't forget the part about the lunch $$$$!!! Laughing
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by senseigurl Sun May 13, 2012 2:52 am

i suspect that if marlene gets a bit more pressed the way people like NG question her, that she will break. BS
senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 Empty Re: Sierra LaMar Missing 03/16/12

Post by Typo Positive Sun May 13, 2012 10:04 am

I heard about the lunch money also.
First of all, you'd think that would be taken care of on Mondays and not lunch tickets bought every single day.

Secondly, why is she just now mentioning this, and had she considered just pinning the money to the front of Sierra's clothing?

If this turns out to be demonstrably untrue then this, to
me is a very important slip of the tongue. It does seem
to be a way of explaining why fresh fingerprints might have
been found on Sierra's purse.

I hope a transcript can be posted later today. I'd be very interested in the wording (and with demeanor added when able also??), of all the parties particularly the Sheriff as well as the family.

Thanks

Typo Positive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 am

Typo Positive wrote:I heard about the lunch money also.
First of all, you'd think that would be taken care of on Mondays and not lunch tickets bought every single day.

Secondly, why is she just now mentioning this, and had she considered just pinning the money to the front of Sierra's clothing?

I hope a transcript can be posted later today. I'd be very interested in the wording (and with demeanor added when able also??), of all the parties particularly the Sheriff as well as the family.

Thanks

It seems like a typical Marlene MO.

Next she will be saying she found a cc slip for an airline ticket.

I anxiously await some vid and trannies.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sun May 13, 2012 11:24 am

Tamta wrote:

Thanks

Now that made me laugh. What a sick mind I have Shocked
BBM
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 11:28 am

Chickenbutt wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Thanks

Now that made me laugh. What a sick mind I have Shocked
BBM

Ooops!

Could happen though?? No
Did you see her tumblr?!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Sun May 13, 2012 11:31 am

Am I allowed to post a vid via photobucket of just marlene's portion of the interview (without violating TOS or copyright)?

That would take infinitely LESS time than transcribing her (JustSayin)...

kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 11:37 am

kimi_SFC wrote:Am I allowed to post a vid via photobucket of just marlene's portion of the interview (without violating TOS or copyright)?

I think it's ok
If u post AMW link too?

Ask Julie or Ann to be sure I think
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 Empty Sierra lamar missing 3/16/12

Post by Joju Sun May 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Oh lord, just figured out how to post to this site! Crazy.. As to the lunch money issue, I still send my son to HS with cash, works ok for us.
Joju
Joju

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM Sun May 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Tamta wrote:
Honeysage wrote:

Snipped.

Snipped:
BBM

Keep talking Marlene.

I so totally agree with the oddness of yet another of Marlene's statements. (Hi honey, hi Tamata - found you!). Not only the subtle denigration of Sierra, as in similar fashion to previous statements, but the fact that it was Mark's prompting that led to any statement, according to his quote in the article.

Why would mother need to be reminded or prompted to say something to their missing daughter on Mother's Day?

Something is really off with ML, IMO.
Chester_from_THM
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Sun May 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Tamta wrote:
kimi_SFC wrote:Am I allowed to post a vid via photobucket of just marlene's portion of the interview (without violating TOS or copyright)?

I think it's ok
If u post AMW link too?

Ask Julie or Ann to be sure I think

PM sent to @Ann - Tx. I'll let you know and will work on the transcription and/or video post as soon as I get home from work.
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbrownsanjo Sun May 13, 2012 1:24 pm

I am so agreeing with everyone on here about ML. She is strange and she still gives me the heebies geebies. After watching AMW my opinion is that sierras dad possible gay? That's the vibe I get from the interview. That would answer some questions about why the girls were allowed to be with him for sometime. I don't know just my thoughts.
Tbrownsanjo
Tbrownsanjo

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun May 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 864739 Joju. Once you get the hang of it here, it's great.

I'm going to move this post to the Sierra Lamar thread that is already set up.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 1:46 pm

Tbrownsanjo wrote:I am so agreeing with everyone on here about ML. She is strange and she still gives me the heebies geebies. After watching AMW my opinion is that sierras dad possible gay? That's the vibe I get from the interview. That would answer some questions about why the girls were allowed to be with him for sometime. I don't know just my thoughts.

Steve is clearly innocent and I have not gone much beyond that aspect of his behavior.

Who knows???

Is he a sensitive new age guy with some previous boundary issues or what?

I'm interested in hearing what his theories are and about how he felt his daughter's life was really going and why the move to Morgan Hill was put into motion at that time?

Also would love to be a fly on the wall when he talks about his experience with ML!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Sun May 13, 2012 1:55 pm

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-investigators-say-they-arent-releasing/vHF3T/
MORGAN HILL: Investigators say they aren't releasing information critical to the investigation in LaMar case

-video only at link...starting @.40 taking about red jetta
- Sheriff Laurie Smith admits they had vehicle before Monday!!!!!

>looking for information about car and driver
>"not going to release something that might hurt where we're going and our objective"
>80 pieces of video as evidence
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Honeysage wrote:http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-investigators-say-they-arent-releasing/vHF3T/
MORGAN HILL: Investigators say they aren't releasing information critical to the investigation in LaMar case

-video only at link...starting @.40 taking about red jetta
- Sheriff Laurie Smith admits they had vehicle before Monday!!!!!

>looking for information about car and driver
>"not going to release something that might hurt where we're going and our objective"
>80 pieces of video as evidence

um, i would bet they had the vehcile as early as 3/24....

i also would bet that most of those businesses out there have surveillance cameras as we know the buses do.

i bet they would not be too hard pressed to put together 80 clips of that car.

There was an LE poster on Hinky who was dropping major hints (as spin) whenever a turn or 'revelation' was coming in the case. It was really quite humorous and I am bummed their posting history is gone.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 Empty Sierra Lamar missing 3-16-12

Post by senseigurl Sun May 13, 2012 4:57 pm

random thought:
The pic of Marlene talking to some of the people on the search crews. I could've sworn search crews weren't supposed to talk to them?

Also, I don't think I've seen the mom's bf at the search center either. Normally I would see Steve talking to LE or to Marc Klaas. Marlene was there sometimes. Danielle the same but she is at school and I believe finals for the college kids are coming up this week and next week for the state Unis on the semester calendar. Does anyone else notice that almost everything that Marlene said seems to have been said before and that she just rephrases it? ex: Danielle talking about the rap music and school work. Marlene in a subsequent interview talking about rap music and school work. It seems like Marlene is trying really hard to keep Rick out of the scenarios even though he was living in the same house.

As far as the car goes, I'm pretty sure they could've just gone by the surveillance cameras at gas stations to see who normally drives the car.

Also, a lot of ex-cons get jobs in uncontracted labor since they have difficulty getting other types of jobs. This would include farming and construction.

Last edited by senseigurl on Sun May 13, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : addendum)
senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Sun May 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Ann - Tx referred me to FrstyAngel in regards to posting the video. No response yet. I will try to forward to the site admin (Justice4All) or Julie. I don't want I violate AMW copyright laws or TOS here. Even though a transcription helps, there's nothing like SEEING ML speak about Sierra.
I believe you will be floored as I was.
Stay tuned, I'm working on it! geek
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 Empty Re: Sierra LaMar Missing 03/16/12

Post by Typo Positive Sun May 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks so much Kimi for not just your work on this for the bennie of all us who don't watch TV.
Not just in your perseverence to make sure that no TOS are violated but AMW, as well.
And then to be on standby with a trannie, just in case!
Girl, you are the bomb!
Seriously!

Typo Positive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 9:37 pm

senseigurl wrote:random thought:
The pic of Marlene talking to some of the people on the search crews. I could've sworn search crews weren't supposed to talk to them?

Also, I don't think I've seen the mom's bf at the search center either. Normally I would see Steve talking to LE or to Marc Klaas. Marlene was there sometimes. Danielle the same but she is at school and I believe finals for the college kids are coming up this week and next week for the state Unis on the semester calendar. Does anyone else notice that almost everything that Marlene said seems to have been said before and that she just rephrases it? ex: Danielle talking about the rap music and school work. Marlene in a subsequent interview talking about rap music and school work. It seems like Marlene is trying really hard to keep Rick out of the scenarios even though he was living in the same house.

As far as the car goes, I'm pretty sure they could've just gone by the surveillance cameras at gas stations to see who normally drives the car.

Also, a lot of ex-cons get jobs in uncontracted labor since they have difficulty getting other types of jobs. This would include farming and construction.

Does anyone else notice that almost everything that Marlene said seems to have been said before and that she just rephrases it? ex: Danielle talking about the rap music and school work. Marlene in a subsequent interview talking about rap music and school work.

-that incident you referred to

-marlene discussing the thursday night before sierra disappeared: the paper that sierra was excited about (Steve said that first in another early interview)

-leaving the charger, always being with her phone, and not being out of touch: Danielle and another friend from school said those things prior.

That is Marlene's style of deception.
She couches her untruths in other truths.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 Empty Big fat thank you

Post by Joju Sun May 13, 2012 9:42 pm

[quote="Julie"] Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 864739 Joju. Once you get the hang of it here, it's great.

I'm going to move this post to the Sierra Lamar thread that is already set up.[/quote)

Oh thank you so much, was pretty wobbly when THM stopped. TTFN, gotta feed the herd. Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 121648
Joju
Joju

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Sun May 13, 2012 10:33 pm

Once I started the transcription, I couldn’t stop geek, so this is it, in its entirety.
Transcription of Sierra LaMar segment from America's Most Wanted on Lifetime 5/11/12:
Video starts at the 31:20 mark according to my DVR:

John Walsh (JW): Here in California, there’s a missing teenager who’s on everyone’s mind: 15 year old Sierra LaMar. Now, Sierra was last seen in Santa Clara County. That was about two months ago; and now everybody in the country is asking the question: Where is Sierra LaMar? Well, tonight, I’m sitting down with her father, as we try to bring home another missing child.
The mystery of what exactly happened to Sierra LaMar grows in the shadows of some dark family secrets; and in a section of Northern California where predators have a million places to hide.
(Queue videos of Sierra….)
Like so many teenagers today, 15 year old Sierra loves hip hop, and lives out her life on camera. But no one was videotaping on March 16th when Sierra walked out of her home, where she lived with her mother and her mother’s boyfriend, and then --- vanished. So, what happened to this energetic, and popular competitive cheerleader?
(Queue video of a bespectacled ML at a table with Sierra’s portrait, surrounded by paperwork….)
Sierra’s mom was the last person to see her around 6AM that day.
(ML now in face-to-face interview with the same photo of Sierra in the background….)
ML: It was a typical morning, you know, it was, it was pretty much her routine. I…would get ready for work and before leaving I would say goodbye to Sierra. And I would give her her lunch money. And I would make sure (smiling broadly) that that it was in her purse and zip it up.

JW: That purse was found here along with Sierra’s school books, a few days after she disappeared. They were wedged between this shack and a cactus about two miles from Sierra’s home. Then, on this nearby corner, searchers found Sierra’s cell phone.
ML: That was attached to her hip, as any normal teenager (inflects her voice upwards as if in a questioning voice), she was on it frequently (with emphasis, ML nods her head yes)…and always had it by her (interesting, she nods no here). So that’s why (starts to nod yes softly) discovering that was really difficult to hear (again, nods affirmatively at the end of this sentence).
JW: Investigators believe Sierra texted a friend before she headed off to school. She normally walked alone for less than ten minutes to the school bus. Scan their quiet, dead-end street, and it’s hard to imagine how anyone could have grabbed Sierra here without careful planning. But then, turn the corner, walk the last quarter of a mile to Sierra’s bus stop, and the possibilities multiply.
Laurie Smith - Santa Clara County Sheriff (LS): It’s on the outskirts of Morgan Hill. There’s big lots. It’s in a county area. There’s a lot of migrant workers in the area. There’s a lot of major, big houses. There’s a lot of shacks. Umm, there’s a lot of agriculture. It’s a really different area.
JW: Sheriff Laurie Smith watches over Santa Clara County, on the edge of Silicon Valley. She believes Sierra’s abduction was a crime of opportunity.
LS: If this is a situational abduction, that means that the person saw her, wanted something, generally the motive is sex, ummm, and abducted her. It wasn’t planned. There wasn’t a type. She was available. She was vulnerable, and she was desirable. And that’s the way we’re leaning, but we’re not closing the door to any possibilities (shaking her head no rather emphatically).
JW: Cops zeroed in on Sierra’s family first; and for good reason. Sierra’s dad, Steve LaMar, volunteered some disturbing information early on. Steve is a registered sex offender.
ML: We were still married; but at that time, I was focused on the kids, and being the PTA mom, and on my career. We were drifting before that, way before that. (ML off camera until now). I don’t want to go into details about that situation or the case because…the issue at hand is Sierra right now.
JW: Cops say no one close to Sierra, including Steve, is a suspect at this time; and Steve didn’t hesitate to sit down with me, one on one.
(Interview begins):
JW: I’m not betraying your trust here. It’s been in many many media reports that you’re a convicted sex offender.
Steve LaMar (StL): MmmHmm
JW: And I know that’s not your reason that you’re here. You’re here because you want to get that girl back. That’s your daughter.
StL: Right
JW: That’s your flesh and blood.
StL: (Nodding yes). MmmHmm. What I did was, within the first half hour that the first deputy from the Sheriff’s Department came, I, I told him, ummm, you know, what, that I was a sex offender, registered sex offender. And so, I , you know, revealed that, and was really open and…
JW: Right at the house when they came to the house…
StL: Yeah, yeah…
JW: The question that everyone seems to kind of avoid: Is there a possibility that Sierra, for whatever reason, might have gotten it into her 15-year old head, “I’m going to a new place, lots of things have happened, Dad’s a convicted sex offender, mom and dad are divorced, we’re living in a new house, it’s too much, I’m gonna hit the road.” Is that possible? I don’t hear anybody saying that.
StL: No, that would be very unlikely in my mind. Ummm, just ‘cause I know, uhhh, what what state of mind Sierra was in. I had seen her the weekend before she went missing. I had talked to her on the phone the night before she went missing. Ummm, her state of mind, she was happy.
JW: So, I never give up, but the odds are pretty slim. You know that.
StL: (Nodding yes, emotionally). Yeah, yeah.
JW: And how are you dealing with that?
StL: I am (shaking head no) positive and, ummm, you know, adamant about it. I am never giving up. Not ‘til I find her. I’m hoping you and your show will help us. I have confidence (now nodding yes somewhat).
JW: Steve didn’t just put faith in our show, countless volunteers have been helping search for Sierra since day one. (Queue video of search volunteers…..) And the search isn’t an easy one. Some of these men and women are on their eighth mission. The grid they’re covering is wide, through tough terrain. Krystine Dinh (KD), a volunteer with child advocate organization KlaasKids, stays beside the family at the search center. Krystine’s sister, Michelle Le, was murdered allegedly by a friend. Searchers scoured a similar Bay Area grid for months before a volunteer found Michelle’s body.
(KD): It’s important to keep going back. It’s important to keep trying every weekend (crying). And with Sierra (sniffling), there’s still a lot of hope. The point is, searchers are here to find evidence. They’re not here to find a body.
JW: And that’s where you come in. Police say anyone could have information that leads to this child’s safe return.
LS: It’s what your instinct is. Is there someone that you thing is suspicious? But this person may be such a psychopath that they’re not showing remorse. But didn’t they go to work? Are, do they have an obsessive nature about watching the media, or are they avoiding the media? Have they changed the color of the car? Have they changed their appearance? Have they changed the tires on their car?
JW: And there is a car involved in the investigation. It was spotted on surveillance video near Sierra’s home, the day she went missing. Police impounded this red 1990s Volkswagen Jetta with a distinctive black hood. They won’t tell us why, but they think it’s connected to Sierra’s disappearance. They want viewers to tell them if they saw it before, on, or after March 16th.
If you know anything, anything at all, about Sierra’s disappearance, call us at 1-800-CRIME-TV or go online to our website amw.com.

I hope the admin/mods will allow it to remain up. However, if it must be edited down, please retain Marlene’s interview segments as they are of most interest. TIA!
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Sun May 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Typo Positive wrote:Thanks so much Kimi for not just your work on this for the bennie of all us who don't watch TV.
Not just in your perseverence to make sure that no TOS are violated but AMW, as well.
Girl, you are the bomb!
Seriously!

Awwww, thanks @Typo Positive (love your screen name BTW!)..... I am still waiting on final word regarding posting the video. I can't until I have the official OK. I hope the transcription helps for now. I was still in shock (over the HinkyLoss) when I watched it initially, and I didn't realize how much was in the segment until I transcribed it. It's nuanced, but it's there. A lot of interesting choices of words, IMO....

Looking forward to your collective analyses and feedback. It will be much more interesting once you can see ML on camera though!

Last edited by kimi_SFC on Sun May 13, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : a typo (LOL -of course!))
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 pm

kimi_SFC wrote:
Typo Positive wrote:Thanks so much Kimi for not just your work on this for the bennie of all us who don't watch TV.
Girl, you are the bomb!
Seriously!

Awwww, thanks @Typo Positive (love your screen name BTW!)..... I am still waiting on final word regarding posting the video. I can't until I have the official OK. I hope the transcription helps for now. I was still in shock (over the HinkyLoss) when I watched it initially, and I didn't realize how much was in the segment until I transcribed it. It's nuanced, but it's there. A lot of interesting choices of words, IMO....

Looking forward to your collective analyses and feedback. It will be much more interesting once you can see ML on camera though!

Kimi you are the best! Cool
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun May 13, 2012 11:32 pm

kimi_SFC wrote:Once I started the transcription, I couldn’t stop geek, so this is it, in its entirety.
Transcription of Sierra LaMar segment from America's Most Wanted on Lifetime 5/11/12:
Video starts at the 31:20 mark according to my DVR:

John Walsh (JW): Here in California, there’s a missing teenager who’s on everyone’s mind: 15 year old Sierra LaMar. Now, Sierra was last seen in Santa Clara County. That was about two months ago; and now everybody in the country is asking the question: Where is Sierra LaMar? Well, tonight, I’m sitting down with her father, as we try to bring home another missing child.
The mystery of what exactly happened to Sierra LaMar grows in the shadows of some dark family secrets; and in a section of Northern California where predators have a million places to hide.
(Queue videos of Sierra….)
Like so many teenagers today, 15 year old Sierra loves hip hop, and lives out her life on camera. But no one was videotaping on March 16th when Sierra walked out of her home, where she lived with her mother and her mother’s boyfriend, and then --- vanished. So, what happened to this energetic, and popular competitive cheerleader?
(Queue video of a bespectacled ML at a table with Sierra’s portrait, surrounded by paperwork….)
Sierra’s mom was the last person to see her around 6AM that day.
(ML now in face-to-face interview with the same photo of Sierra in the background….)
ML: It was a typical morning, you know, it was, it was pretty much her routine. I…would get ready for work and before leaving I would say goodbye to Sierra. And I would give her her lunch money. And I would make sure (smiling broadly) that that it was in her purse and zip it up.

JW: That purse was found here along with Sierra’s school books, a few days after she disappeared. They were wedged between this shack and a cactus about two miles from Sierra’s home. Then, on this nearby corner, searchers found Sierra’s cell phone.
ML: That was attached to her hip, as any normal teenager (inflects her voice upwards as if in a questioning voice), she was on it frequently (with emphasis, ML nods her head yes)…and always had it by her (interesting, she nods no here). So that’s why (starts to nod yes softly) discovering that was really difficult to hear (again, nods affirmatively at the end of this sentence).
JW: Investigators believe Sierra texted a friend before she headed off to school. She normally walked alone for less than ten minutes to the school bus. Scan their quiet, dead-end street, and it’s hard to imagine how anyone could have grabbed Sierra here without careful planning. But then, turn the corner, walk the last quarter of a mile to Sierra’s bus stop, and the possibilities multiply.
Laurie Smith - Santa Clara County Sheriff (LS): It’s on the outskirts of Morgan Hill. There’s big lots. It’s in a county area. There’s a lot of migrant workers in the area. There’s a lot of major, big houses. There’s a lot of shacks. Umm, there’s a lot of agriculture. It’s a really different area.
JW: Sheriff Laurie Smith watches over Santa Clara County, on the edge of Silicon Valley. She believes Sierra’s abduction was a crime of opportunity.
LS: If this is a situational abduction, that means that the person saw her, wanted something, generally the motive is sex, ummm, and abducted her. It wasn’t planned. There wasn’t a type. She was available. She was vulnerable, and she was desirable. And that’s the way we’re leaning, but we’re not closing the door to any possibilities (shaking her head no rather emphatically).
JW: Cops zeroed in on Sierra’s family first; and for good reason. Sierra’s dad, Steve LaMar, volunteered some disturbing information early on. Steve is a registered sex offender.
ML: We were still married; but at that time, I was focused on the kids, and being the PTA mom, and on my career. We were drifting before that, way before that. (ML off camera until now). I don’t want to go into details about that situation or the case because…the issue at hand is Sierra right now.
JW: Cops say no one close to Sierra, including Steve, is a suspect at this time; and Steve didn’t hesitate to sit down with me, one on one.
(Interview begins):
JW: I’m not betraying your trust here. It’s been in many many media reports that you’re a convicted sex offender.
Steve LaMar (StL): MmmHmm
JW: And I know that’s not your reason that you’re here. You’re here because you want to get that girl back. That’s your daughter.
StL: Right
JW: That’s your flesh and blood.
StL: (Nodding yes). MmmHmm. What I did was, within the first half hour that the first deputy from the Sheriff’s Department came, I, I told him, ummm, you know, what, that I was a sex offender, registered sex offender. And so, I , you know, revealed that, and was really open and…
JW: Right at the house when they came to the house…
StL: Yeah, yeah…
JW: The question that everyone seems to kind of avoid: Is there a possibility that Sierra, for whatever reason, might have gotten it into her 15-year old head, “I’m going to a new place, lots of things have happened, Dad’s a convicted sex offender, mom and dad are divorced, we’re living in a new house, it’s too much, I’m gonna hit the road.” Is that possible? I don’t hear anybody saying that.
StL: No, that would be very unlikely in my mind. Ummm, just ‘cause I know, uhhh, what what state of mind Sierra was in. I had seen her the weekend before she went missing. I had talked to her on the phone the night before she went missing. Ummm, her state of mind, she was happy.
JW: So, I never give up, but the odds are pretty slim. You know that.
StL: (Nodding yes, emotionally). Yeah, yeah.
JW: And how are you dealing with that?
StL: I am (shaking head no) positive and, ummm, you know, adamant about it. I am never giving up. Not ‘til I find her. I’m hoping you and your show will help us. I have confidence (now nodding yes somewhat).
JW: Steve didn’t just put faith in our show, countless volunteers have been helping search for Sierra since day one. (Queue video of search volunteers…..) And the search isn’t an easy one. Some of these men and women are on their eighth mission. The grid they’re covering is wide, through tough terrain. Krystine Dinh (KD), a volunteer with child advocate organization KlaasKids, stays beside the family at the search center. Krystine’s sister, Michelle Le, was murdered allegedly by a friend. Searchers scoured a similar Bay Area grid for months before a volunteer found Michelle’s body.
(KD): It’s important to keep going back. It’s important to keep trying every weekend (crying). And with Sierra (sniffling), there’s still a lot of hope. The point is, searchers are here to find evidence. They’re not here to find a body.
JW: And that’s where you come in. Police say anyone could have information that leads to this child’s safe return.
LS: It’s what your instinct is. Is there someone that you thing is suspicious? But this person may be such a psychopath that they’re not showing remorse. But didn’t they go to work? Are, do they have an obsessive nature about watching the media, or are they avoiding the media? Have they changed the color of the car? Have they changed their appearance? Have they changed the tires on their car?
JW: And there is a car involved in the investigation. It was spotted on surveillance video near Sierra’s home, the day she went missing. Police impounded this red 1990s Volkswagen Jetta with a distinctive black hood. They won’t tell us why, but they think it’s connected to Sierra’s disappearance. They want viewers to tell them if they saw it before, on, or after March 16th.
If you know anything, anything at all, about Sierra’s disappearance, call us at 1-800-CRIME-TV or go online to our website amw.com.

I hope the admin/mods will allow it to remain up. However, if it must be edited down, please retain Marlene’s interview segments as they are of most interest. TIA!

i will ponder this tonight, but I have to say right away I love the new added detail of the zipping of the purse.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 12:52 am

Wow, kimi! This was great of you to do! I hope we can get the video question figured out.

sucker
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next