Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

+18
back2back19
ellejay
KZ
suz1729
Chester_from_THM
angiefly2
stark3923
Weeziethm
nanaof4
Moosiesmama
summerthyme
Alessandra_Deux
Chickenbutt
tesstruhart
Justice4all
One Wonders
Freckles
Ann - Tx
22 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Adam Kaufman  Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Post by tesstruhart Tue May 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Defense now stating that there has been a discovery violation as they were just handed some information from the State
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Adam Kaufman  Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Post by tesstruhart Tue May 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Weezie are you watching this on IS
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue May 22, 2012 1:32 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Weezie are you watching this on IS

I am on CNN live.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Tue May 22, 2012 1:35 pm

ok ths i will go there i hate the commercials
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue May 22, 2012 2:26 pm

What?? Is the judge reading jury instructions? I was out for a little bit....anyone know???

ETA: Sorry, never mind. Not sure why they read that passage during cross of the ME.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Tue May 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Weezie, If I am ever in trouble, I want this guy. He is relentless.

The reading to the jury had to do with a remark made by the good Dr., defense requested a mistrial and was denied. As a remedy, the defense asked that the judge read to the jury the instruction that she read to them.

Dr. made a comment The absence of evidence is not absence of evidence.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Tue May 22, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm following this case on IS and I gotta tell ya if the jury see's this defense attorney the way I do, then his client is sunk. I find him boring Sleep and belitteling to witnesses.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 5:03 pm

OMG! The Defense kicked the ME's Butt today & then for good measure, HAD THE JUDGE read the meaning of reasonable doubt. OMG! I have never seent his done DURING a trial.

THEN! The Defense CONTINUED kicking his butt & wiped the floor with the ME! This is absolutely the worst display of a professional I have ever seen. GEEZ! He DIDN'T do the autoposy, he supervised it, claimed he "didn't micromanage," wtf? He LOOKED AT PICTURES, he allowed someone IN TRAINING to perform the autopsy!! Give me a freakin break!

Sonny Hoston weighs in:

Lena's family/siblings DO NOT THINK Adam hurt Lena! they support him.

Lena's best friend that has already testified SUPPORTS Adam, she does not think he hurt Lena.

No evidence of insurance policy.

NO MOTIVE

ALL problematic for the State in this case! Sonny wonders "how they are going to tie this together in closing argument."

My Observation & problems in the case thus far:

Miserable testimony of lying by former Crime Scene Tech, now Detective, admitted to LYING & ADMITTED when shown brain mater on a magazine by the defense, admitted she didn't collect the brain mater or red fluid BECAUSE her former lover, OR, the lead Detective told her not to!

It took 18 months to 2 yrs. for the ME's Office to produce the Cause of death reported by ME as "mechanical asphyixia." (sp?)

AT ISSUE: Defense is claiming heart condition but ME is disputing, claiming it was not severe enough.

jmo, this is at times painful to even watch, the STATE pulling the bullchit of late discovery doesn't play well.

OMG! These attorney's are junk yard dogs, they are agressive to a fault & make no apologies, they are doing their job passioinately, but hey, if I possibly murdered someone & didn't want to go to jail, they are GOING to represent me!

Last edited by art tart on Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme Tue May 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Art - I'm wondering if I could ever afford this Def. team now. The raging Def. atty (loud insistent voice) I believe is Albert Milian.

Junk yard dog x100
summerthyme
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 5:26 pm

summerthyme wrote:Art - I'm wondering if I could ever afford this Def. team now. The raging Def. atty (loud insistent voice) I believe is Albert Milian.

Junk yard dog x100

summerthyme, I am blown away by this defense team. Geez, if Adam doesn't walk in this case, I'll be shocked. Seems, imo, there is reasonable doubt already & that doesn't include the damage the lying did to the case. The STATE imo, has been blindsided by the apparent lies by the CSI Tech, & didn't do enough witness prep on this Med Examiner, he was terrible. His intelligence didn't get him to far today, he looked irritated & at times, confused claiming he didn't understand questions, a collasial cluster imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 5:51 pm

There are some really good pictures of the couple & the players at this site:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2148252/Spray-tan-trial-husband-Adam-Kaufman-killed-wife-having-affair.html

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Tue May 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:I think she slammed outta the courtroom cuz she knew her career and life as she knew it, was over.

Anyone have the link to her testimony = video or transcript?

Thank you for your time! It is appreciated!
stark3923
stark3923

Mood : Happy

https://twitter.com/stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Tue May 22, 2012 7:59 pm

All I can find is this:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/17/spray-tan-trial-detective-lied-about-affair

I would like to find the entire testimony on video or transcript... help
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 pm

stark3923, I tried to locate a transcript for you but had no success BUT I did find an article on the testimony:

While being questioned by Kaufman's defense attorney Thursday, Detective Anna Howe of the Aventura Police department -- who is still married to the same man she was at the time she was involved with Detective Anthony Angula, the lead detective on the Kaufman case -- admitted to the affair and that her husband is aware of it.

Howe also admitted that she was told by Angula at the time to not take into any of the magazines in the magazine rack where Eleonora allegedly fell as evidence.
Adam Kaufman  Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)  - Page 2 Abc_adam_kaufman_eleanora_thg_120503_wg

ABC NEWS
Adam Kaufman said he found his wife,...
Adam Kaufman  Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)  - Page 2 Abc_adam_kaufman_eleanora_thg_120503_wg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/adam-kaufman-trial-detectives-handling-case-affair/story?id=16374564

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Tue May 22, 2012 8:13 pm

She testified on WED - lied - then Thursday admitted to perjury... Wonder why the community is not outraged = she needs to be fired. IMO
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Tue May 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Howe told the jury that she didn't see any organic material on the magazines or the wall of the bathroom on November 7, 2007 when she was collecting evidence at the Kaufman home. Howe said she would have obviously taken those items into evidence had she seen them.http://abcnews.go.com/US/adam-kaufman-trial-detectives-handling-case-affair/story?id=16374564&page=2#.T7wsPEVSSxU

The detective lied about 2 items...... affair and organic material on mags. Pictures clearly show matter on wall and magazines.
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 8:24 pm

stark, it really disturbs me when Prosecutor's are blindsided, especially by someone in LE. At the time, Howe was a TECH, but now she has been promoted to Detective. Her lying about the affair, imo, really mucked up the States case.

stark, she too didn't collect red fluids shown in the photo or used luminol, she BLAMED her former lover, the lead Detetive. I am worried the State may not be able to overcome the errrors made. Sunny Hoston made her comment BEFORE the ME testified, it was just terrible.

I too have NEVER seen a Defense attorney to stop & ask a Judge to read instructions on reasonable doubt, pretty smart, imo, they are conscious of the legal description before the Defense finished with the ME.

Too stark, did you know Adam has a twin? I think identical, I knew that but I had forgotten it. LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 8:32 pm

stark3923 wrote:She testified on WED - lied - then Thursday admitted to perjury... Wonder why the community is not outraged = she needs to be fired. IMO

stark, It was said on IN SESSION Howe contacted the Prosecutors that night, the night she lied, & the Prosecutor's had to turn that infomation over to the Defense immediately, then, the Defense made her admit her lied. She stormed out of the courtroom, slamming the door loudly, it was inappropriate.

Too, I wonder why after all this time, she decided to get honest. I wonder if someone threaten they were going to tell the Defense. imo, this is just inexcusable, she had over 2 years to be honest, instead, she has made the entire investigation look shoddy, imo.

Last edited by art tart on Tue May 22, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue May 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi guys/girls! This case is a mess. If I were voting today I would vote not guilty. So far the state has shown me nothing that evens begins to hint at guilt. The state can't even determine what Adam was wearing! Everyone of their witnesses says something different.
And th CSI Tech...don't get me started on her. Det Angulo hasn't testified yet. He needs to get up, tell the truth and take his lumps. Going to be an interesting trial.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Hi guys/girls! This case is a mess. If I were voting today I would vote not guilty. So far the state has shown me nothing that evens begins to hint at guilt. The state can't even determine what Adam was wearing! Everyone of their witnesses says something different.
And th CSI Tech...don't get me started on her. Det Angulo hasn't testified yet. He needs to get up, tell the truth and take his lumps. Going to be an interesting trial.

Chickenbutt, I too would let him walk, your right, it's a freakin mess. I don't see how the case can be revived. This case has continued to spiral out of control since CSI Tech Howe testified. Chickenbutt, after ALL this time, she LIED on the stand & THEN ONLY did she decide to tell the truth!

OMG! Can't wait for the Lead Detective to testify about the affair & his total LACK OF JUDGEMENT in the collection of evidence.

TODAY too, I found it disturbing the ME DIDN'T have ANY written or audio notes on some that had input into his determination & finding. The Fire Dept. for one.

Chickenbuttt, I agree with your assessment, the STATE can't seem to get anything right, they have had a couple of years to PREP these witnesses. The Defense Attorney's rule in this case, they might be too agressive or it might be passion, but it can't be lost on the jury the errors the State has in their case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue May 22, 2012 8:51 pm

If I ever get in trouble, I want that defense atty. He is an ass, but an effective ass.

About Howe, if she had just told the truth, she would have had to answer some hard questions, but she wouldn't have put her life, marriage and career on the line. IMO, she will be fired.

I certainly hope that Det Angulo wife already knew about the affair. I would hate to think she heard about it on TV. He too, may be facing some upheavel in his life. I think he willbe disciplined at work, but not fired. IF he tells the truth.

This ME was a total mess. Why didn't the state call the doc that did the actual autopsy? Why call his boss, who simply reviewed the reports?

I am in total awe of the defense. They did their homework. The will chew up and spit out any prosecution witness.

The fact that the family of Lina is supporting Adam says a lot to me.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:If I ever get in trouble, I want that defense atty. He is an ass, but an effective ass.

About Howe, if she had just told the truth, she would have had to answer some hard questions, but she wouldn't have put her life, marriage and career on the line. IMO, she will be fired.

I certainly hope that Det Angulo wife already knew about the affair. I would hate to think she heard about it on TV. He too, may be facing some upheavel in his life. I think he willbe disciplined at work, but not fired. IF he tells the truth.

This ME was a total mess. Why didn't the state call the doc that did the actual autopsy? Why call his boss, who simply reviewed the reports?

I am in total awe of the defense. They did their homework. The will chew up and spit out any prosecution witness.

The fact that the family of Lina is supporting Adam says a lot to me.

Chickenbutt, too, as pointed out on IN SESSION, besides Lena's family supporting Adam, her friends did too. That rarely ever happens in these cases. IN SESSION suggested that perhaps the STATE won't call any more of her friends or family. Didn't the STATE know the friends wouldn't help their case?

Lena's mother is supposed to testify that Lena had seizurses, from the playbook of Cindy Anthony? Just sayin...........

I agree, Lena's family supporting Adam does say alot, it should have to LE/Prosecutor's too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue May 22, 2012 9:13 pm

I have thought long and hard about how Lina died. I have played out the scenarios in my mind and haven't made up my mind yet....lol...if you knew me, you would know how odd that is. The state is going to have to show me how she died, did he use a garotte? His hands? What left the marks? I heard Jean Casares say today that along with the marks on her neck, she also had abrasions on the underneath side of her chin. What caused those?
I am looking forward to the defense case. That will hopefully clear up a lot of my questions.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 11:00 pm

Chickenbutt, was there any petechial hemorrhaging in the eyes? I haven't heard anyone say but I thought in manuel strangulations, it was common.

I don't know how she died either, it may be that only Adam knows, the thing is, the Defense doesn't have to prove anything. It's like KC's case, alternative scenarios at this point may seem as plausible to some on the jury since the State has done such as poor job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm

They were talking about petechial hemorrhaging today. I think I heard that there was some around her eyes. I could be wrong tho. What makes me think that is the def atty was asking about...Could vomiting cause it? Could straining on the toilet cause it?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed May 23, 2012 12:20 am

Chickenbutt wrote:They were talking about petechial hemorrhaging today. I think I heard that there was some around her eyes. I could be wrong tho. What makes me think that is the def atty was asking about...Could vomiting cause it? Could straining on the toilet cause it?

It has been reported that she had petechiae around her eyes and ruptured blood vessels in her eyes that are consistent with strangulation, she also had injuries deep inside her throat.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 23, 2012 12:41 am

Thank you Alessandra, I couldn't remember what I heard.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 10:36 am

Dr. Hima COULDN'T put his hands on the original slides of Lena's heart for 5 years, BUT, miracoulously, Dr. Hima is able to produce the slides after 5 years producing just yesterday because he claimed "they were never lost!" DUH! You can find something & it's not considered lost in Dr. Hima's opinion but it pissed him off enough to locate them yesterday after 5 years. High suspect, imo. In addition, the defense has said Dr. Hima has discussed his testimony w/the STATE which is a violation.

Mike Brooks said a question "of chain of custody."

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 23, 2012 12:05 pm

This is just making me laugh. This poor ME...is a 1/4 million a year enough pay for all this? I would have expected him to be a little more organized. Unfortunately, he is being compared to Dr. G, and few, if any, can compare to her.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:This is just making me laugh. This poor ME...is a 1/4 million a year enough pay for all this? I would have expected him to be a little more organized. Unfortunately, he is being compared to Dr. G, and few, if any, can compare to her.

Chickenbutt, when my sister died of a neligent death, it took us forever to get her death certificate even from the ME, it took over 6 months, although they did do an autopsy, I was furious, my parent's hysterical & wringing their hands. we did get an attorney as my sister's Dr. got fired from the hospital when my sister was pronounced dead & sent to drug treatment for 4 months, our attorney said, "oh, we can't make the ME mad, if we do, it's going to take longer to get the information." Although I told our attorney the ME "could kiss my butt," believe it or not, ME's do have a lot of clout, socially as well imo. A miserable experience for my family.

Chickenbutt, I know you are a nurse & I bet you have seen probably seen some good Drs. & some that were just terrible, my husband, now deceased was a physician, but in any profession, there are some exceptional & some that do the bare minimum. I am underwhelmed w/Dr. H's testimony, imo, on top of the shoddy work of the Crime Scene Tech, Dr. H comes off as Mr. MaGoo to me, unorganized & taking years to produce information, THEN, producing the slides that he hadn't seen in years in one day because he did realize, imo, that he looked like a moron on the stand.

I am curious as to how the jury is going to weigh the testimony, EVEN IF the jury said junk in junk out in the testimony of the ME, you still have the miserable testimony of the Crime Scene Tech admittedly lying & not collectinig vital evidence. I feel sure IF there is a conviction, there is going to be appeals filed immediately & granted. Jean Casares weighed in & didn't think Dr. H was given the respect he was due as a professional, although I usually always agree w/her, in this case, I too had no respect for an ME making $ 250,000.00 a year, supervising, it seems as more of an administrator than someone that really does the work like Dr G. I am appalled that it took 18 months - 2 yrs. for there to even be a determination of death.

Does anyone know why the person that actually performed the autopsy wasn't there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:This is just making me laugh. This poor ME...is a 1/4 million a year enough pay for all this? I would have expected him to be a little more organized. Unfortunately, he is being compared to Dr. G, and few, if any, can compare to her.

Chickenbutt, when my sister died of a neligent death, it took us forever to get her death certificate even from the ME, it took over 6 months, although they did do an autopsy, I was furious, my parent's hysterical & wringing their hands. we did get an attorney as my sister's Dr. got fired from the hospital when my sister was pronounced dead & sent to drug treatment for 4 months, our attorney said, "oh, we can't make the ME mad, if we do, it's going to take longer to get the information." Although I told our attorney the ME "could kiss my butt," believe it or not, ME's do have a lot of clout, socially as well imo. A miserable experience for my family.

Chickenbutt, I know you are a nurse & I bet you have seen probably seen some good Drs. & some that were just terrible, my husband, now deceased was a physician, but in any profession, there are some exceptional & some that do the bare minimum. I am underwhelmed w/Dr. H's testimony, imo, on top of the shoddy work of the Crime Scene Tech, Dr. H comes off as Mr. MaGoo to me, unorganized & taking years to produce information, THEN, producing the slides that he hadn't seen in years in one day because he did realize, imo, that he looked like a moron on the stand.

I am curious as to how the jury is going to weigh the testimony, EVEN IF the jury said junk in junk out in the testimony of the ME, you still have the miserable testimony of the Crime Scene Tech admittedly lying & not collectinig vital evidence. I feel sure IF there is a conviction, there is going to be appeals filed immediately & granted. Jean Casares weighed in & didn't think Dr. H was given the respect he was due as a professional, although I usually always agree w/her, in this case, I too had no respect for an ME making $ 250,000.00 a year, supervising, it seems as more of an administrator than someone that really does the work like Dr G. I am appalled that it took 18 months - 2 yrs. for there to even be a determination of death.

Does anyone know why the person that actually performed the autopsy wasn't there?

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Wed May 23, 2012 1:06 pm

What a mess.
Were there pictures taken of all the injuries to her neck, outside and inside?
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme Wed May 23, 2012 1:09 pm

....a little info on the bully - Alberto Milian

http://truthinjustice.org/milian.htm
summerthyme
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 23, 2012 1:18 pm

tweet per InSession via Multi-Media Twitter box on RC Homepage:

InSession #AdamKaufman - The proscution is expected to call a DNA expert to the stand next.
3 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 1:21 pm

summerthyme wrote:....a little info on the bully - Alberto Milian

[url=http://truthinjustice.org/milian.htm
http://truthinjustice.org/milian.htm[/quote[/url]]

You know Judge Marilyn Milion lives in Miami, I wonder if they are related?

OMG they are NOT GOING to call the lead detective! Vinnie & Jean both agree that the Defense CAN CALL his sorry butt to the stand, I bet they will. He's got some "splainin to do" imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 1:23 pm

One Wonders wrote:What a mess.
Were there pictures taken of all the injuries to her neck, outside and inside?

I wonder if these are the slides the ME couldn't find for 4 years & found last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Yes, I have seen bad docs, drug addicted docs and alcoholic docs. But have also seen incredibly sensitive docs, incredibly smart docs, and incredibly good docs. It is true that there are a diverse amount of people in all professions. My take on this ME..he is an administrator. He does not do the day to day work and only serves as a figurehead. I do think he should be more aware of what is going on in his dept, but I also understand that he trusts his Asst. ME's to do their jobs professionally and completely. I think the reason that the person that did the autopsy has moved on to another position and that is why they called his boss. I could be wrong there, but thats the only reason I can think of why they didn't call him.
ABout respect for him, I believe in giving respect that he is due for his position. But respect for how her preformed today and yesterday, I have little respect for that. But I still respect his position as ME. (I used to tell my kids, you don't have to like your teacher, but you have to respect that they are your teacher)
The states case is full of holes and incompetence at this point.
It is going to be very difficult, I think, for the state to rehab their whole case.
I just heard them say on IS, that the state is not going to call Det. Angulo (the other half of the affair), but that the defense might.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 23, 2012 1:27 pm

summerthyme wrote:....a little info on the bully - Alberto Milian

http://truthinjustice.org/milian.htm

I don't see him as a bully. I see him as passionate. I would want him on my side if I were in trouble.

I also don't think he is related to Judge Milian on Peoples Court, but I could be very wrong on that.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 1:38 pm

the funny thing is, Judge Milion is so passionate, she yells, flails her arms hands & can eat the butt out of those that are lying in her Court Room.

my monies on the Defense calling the adultering Lead Detective. imo, since Howe, the Crime Scene Tech testified "she didn't collect some of the vital evidence BECAUSE she was told not to by the lead detective," he better have a damn good reason as to why. As a juror on this trial, I would want to hear exactly what he has to say for an apparent shoddy investigation imo.

chickenbutt, it's unfortuate that this lead detective is probably one of a few that has done a poor job, but gosh, look at the potential cost to the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme Wed May 23, 2012 1:48 pm

chickenbutt - would want him on my side too (Milian), but would still be skeeeeeerd. If he was going to prosecute me - would go on a forever trip in a dugout canoe - up the Amazon.
summerthyme
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 23, 2012 1:54 pm

summerthyme wrote:chickenbutt - would want him on my side too (Milian), but would still be skeeeeeerd. If he was going to prosecute me - would go on a forever trip in a dugout canoe - up the Amazon.

Not to worry summer..he is a defense atty. Laughing
But i agree with you, i would be skeeeeeeerd even if he was defending me. Can you imagine him being your defense atty and him finding out you lied to him about something? Shocked
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 23, 2012 2:01 pm

art tart wrote:the funny thing is, Judge Milion is so passionate, she yells, flails her arms hands & can eat the butt out of those that are lying in her Court Room.

my monies on the Defense calling the adultering Lead Detective. imo, since Howe, the Crime Scene Tech testified "she didn't collect some of the vital evidence BECAUSE she was told not to by the lead detective," he better have a damn good reason as to why. As a juror on this trial, I would want to hear exactly what he has to say for an apparent shoddy investigation imo.

chickenbutt, it's unfortuate that this lead detective is probably one of a few that has done a poor job, but gosh, look at the potential cost to the case.

Art, I agree. The lead detective has done immeasurable harm to the states case. As did CSI Howe. I still find it fascinating that she thought she could lie, under oath, on the stand and get away with it. She made herself look bad. All she had to do was tel the truth and her life may have been altered, but at least she will still have a career.

I think that Det Angulo was just inexperienced. This was his first homicide case, and I think he made up his mind early on and didn't know enough about what evidence he needed to collect in case his supposition was wrong. BTW, I am ot excusing his inexperience, but unfortunately, everyone has to learn and in that learning they make mistakes. I have seen new nurses make some pretty serious errors due to lack of experience. It doesn't make them a "bad" nurse. It makes them inexperienced and they must be supervised closer.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 23, 2012 2:17 pm

The defense is trying to make it impossible for the state NOT to call Det Angulo
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Wed May 23, 2012 3:04 pm

I don't care how "passionate" Mr Milian may be, if I was sitting on this jury I would completely turned off by the defense, and questioning their motives for attacking everything like junk yard dogs, what are they trying to keep out? There is a fine line between being a vehement proponent for your client and being downright rude and nasty, which I think they defense team has crossed. Just my 2 cents.
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi Everyone, I was baby sitting my gorgeous granddaughter all day and just got home. Did watch some of the trial on IS today.

Moosie I understand what you are saying and initially that was my take, but the longer I listen to this man, he brings out points that otherwise wouldn't have made out. He goes over the top sometimes, but actually he gets people to admit things that happened or didn't happen.

I heard someone on IS (can't remember who) say that although he makes a million arguments there is not a lot of case law that he cites. That's true. He is definitely passionate about his case though. I have to agree that the ME finding the slides after 5 years is just a tad unbelievable. He also said that they were on his secretary(?) credenza in a pile. My question, how long are piles allowed to stay in one spot without being filed.

Anyway this is a very interesting case to me. I am puzzled about Lena's injuries. I look at her husband and there doesn't seem to be a motive for all this.

I agree that the incredible Det. Angulo will have to make an appearance. If I were a juror, I would need to hear what he has to say. If the Pros. doesn't call him, I would also wonder why.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Wed May 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:The defense is trying to make it impossible for the state NOT to call Det Angulo
Cant the defense call him?
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Yes, and I would be very surprised if they don't. Along with all the affair business, the defense will try to show that the pros didn't call him because he made their case look even worse with his imcompetence.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Wed May 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Yes, and I would be very surprised if they don't. Along with all the affair business, the defense will try to show that the pros didn't call him because he made their case look even worse with his imcompetence.
Sorry I tried to delete my post because I saw you and art post that IS said he will prolly be called by the defense.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Wed May 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Also I didn't know the Det. only had 1 homicide case. learn something new everyday.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Wed May 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Prosecution fails to call lead Detective to the witness stand = case over = reasonable doubt . EPIC FAIL = IMO
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next