Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reena Mae Williams, 3, missing from Danbury, Wis., home

+3
Alessandra_Deux
Julie
Calypso
7 posters

Go down

Reena Mae Williams, 3, missing from Danbury, Wis., home Empty Reena Mae Williams, 3, missing from Danbury, Wis., home

Post by Calypso Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:06 pm

http://www.startribune.com/local/166240776.html?refer=y

Authorities continued to search Wednesday for a 3-year-old girl who wandered away from her home in northwestern Wisconsin, authorities said.

Renna Mae Williams left her home in the Burnett County village of Danbury sometime before 7 p.m. Tuesday, according to the Burnett County Sheriff's Office.

Law enforcement's initial search included rescue personnel, police dogs and a Minnesota State Patrol helicopter with an infrared imaging system.

Part of the search area included the St. Croix River and the Minerva dam, said county spokeswoman Dawn Sargent. Both parents were home at the time, Sargent added.

The ground search was halted shortly before 3 a.m., then started again after sunrise, the Sheriff's Office said.

Renna is described as white, about 3 feet 8 inches tall, between 30 and 50 pounds, with green eyes and blond hair worn in a partial ponytail. She was last seen wearing pants, a purple shirt with long sleeves and no shoes.

Anyone with information about the girl's whereabouts is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at 715-349-2121.

Paul Walsh • 612-673-4482
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Reena Mae Williams, 3, missing from Danbury, Wis., home Empty Re: Reena Mae Williams, 3, missing from Danbury, Wis., home

Post by Calypso Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:10 pm

How does a 3 yr old child just leave their house and neither adult knows where or how...?

There's a big difference between 30 to 50lbs.

UGH!!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Reena Mae Williams, 3, missing from Danbury, Wis., home Empty Re: Reena Mae Williams, 3, missing from Danbury, Wis., home

Post by Calypso Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:18 pm

More of the same~

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/08/15/girl-3-reported-missing-from-nw-wisconsin-home/

**SNIPPED:

“Currently, we’re conducting a ground search in the area where the child was reported missing,” said Reynolds. “It’s actually in an area south of the town of Danbury. It’s in an area along the Yellow River. We got fire department teams out. We got law enforcement teams and hundreds of citizen volunteers that working with Wisconsin DNR crew chiefs and are targeting areas that they need to look.”

Reynolds added that the area is difficult to search.

“It’s very dense brush. The area here was hit with a windstorm in July of last year. So, the brush is very thick and tangled, trees are fallen over,” said Reynolds.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Reena Mae Williams, 3, missing from Danbury, Wis., home 120815015528_renna_mae_williams_missing_girl

snipped:

Danish also said her daughter's name is Reena and not Renna as was previously reported by law enforcement officials.

Read more:
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/986907/391/3-year-old-Wisconsin-girl-missing-in-Burnett-Co
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:18 am

Renna Williams: 3-year-old missing from Wisconsin found

Reena Mae Williams, 3, missing from Danbury, Wis., home Rennawilliamsposter

UPDATE: Burnett County Sheriff Dean Roland says around 4:50 p.m. Wednesday dive team members found the body of Renna Williams in a shallow canal about 25 yards from her home in Danbury.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/08/renna-williams-3-year-old-missing-from.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MissingPersonsOfAmerica+%28Missing+Persons+of+America%29
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 am

Search for missing Danbury, Wis. girl ends after body found

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 8:40 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 15, 2012 9:49 PM CDT

by Tim Blotz
by Leah Beno
by Jody Ambroz

Reena Mae Williams, 3, missing from Danbury, Wis., home 1745669_G

DANBURY, Wis. (KMSP) - Sheriff's deputies in Burnett County, Wisconsin suspended the search for a missing 3-year-old girl on Wednesday evening after her body was found.

"It is a tragic situation," said Burnett County Sheriff Dean Roland. "A precious life was lost."

Officials say Reena Williams' body was found at about 4:50 p.m. about 25 yards from her home in 3 feet of water. Investigators are now in the process of draining the canal to look for evidence.

An autopsy to determine the cause of death has been scheduled.

Williams' father was the last to see his daughter alive at the family home at about 6 p.m. on Tuesday; however, the sheriff said she was not reported missing until an hour and a half later.

Video at link:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/19283109/renna-williams-danbury-missing-girl

Sad, so very sad............ Sad
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:02 am

Thank you for the update, Alessandra_Deux.

Another preventable tragedy. Both parents were home.

Found 25 yards away from the home in 3 feet of water, she had to walk through very thick brush and the child had on no shoes.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:11 am

Little kids can get through places we would dream of trying to. Some ppl seem not to watch their kids, or for some reason believe that a child will remain in their own yard.
My daughter recently witnessed an unsupervised 3 yr old playing in a neighbors yard with the neighbors garden hose.
Called the child's home and suggested the family might want to know their child was busy running up the neighbors water bill. They had FORGOTTEN the little boy was out side.
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:14 am

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/08/renna-williams-3-year-old-missing-from.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MissingPersonsOfAmerica+%28Missing+Persons+of+America%29

**SNIPPED:

Reena's mother, Jenna Danish, said her daughter loves to go fishing and play outside. She said it's normal for her to play outside, but she never wanders off.

"I came outside, I called for her, and the dog she had been playing with all day came up from the river and she was nowhere to be found," Danish said, describing the moment Tuesday night she realized her daughter was missing. "Where she went, the dog went. Wherever the dog went, she went."

Seriously, when are people going to get responsible?

Who let's a 3 (yes, THREE) year old play outside, unattended, unsupervised? Then the parents are going to act surprised their child disappeared or worse, as in this case, dead.

It took an hour and a 1/2 for them to call police.

And the "she never wanders off" statement suggests they do this often.

Ughhhh!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:16 am

Marica wrote:Little kids can get through places we would dream of trying to. Some ppl seem not to watch their kids, or for some reason believe that a child will remain in their own yard.
My daughter recently witnessed an unsupervised 3 yr old playing in a neighbors yard with the neighbors garden hose.
Called the child's home and suggested the family might want to know their child was busy running up the neighbors water bill. They had FORGOTTEN the little boy was out side.

OMG!

FORGOTTEN, huh?

Big joke until something happens. Idiots. They have no business reproducing.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:26 am

Total idiots. The child is so sweet, so cute, and I fear for him everyday. None of the adults in the household work. Grandma is disabled and confined to a wheelchair, but the parents are able bodied. At least enough so to have this child. Afraid I will go ballistic if anything happens to him.

I cannot imagine allowing a 3 yo to play outside alone.

Such an adorable little girl... and the statements Mom made about the child and dog going everywhere together.
The dog came from the river direction, and still they didn't call for help? Makes no sense.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:27 am

At that age, you gotta have your eyes on them pretty much every minute as they get into things non stop. I don't blame you on the ballistic part, I imagine I'd feel the same way!

It really makes you wonder what was going on in that house, were they cleaning up or what?

I dont think I'm being harsh or judgemental. This child is dead because her parent's weren't paying attention to her.

Any adult who lets a 3 year old outside to play ALONE isn't using sound parental judgement. This whole thing could have been prevented if the parent's had their child's safety as a priority instead of whatever they were doing in the house while she was outside unattended.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:01 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Renna Williams: 3-year-old missing from Wisconsin found

UPDATE: Burnett County Sheriff Dean Roland says around 4:50 p.m. Wednesday dive team members found the body of Renna Williams in a shallow canal about 25 yards from her home in Danbury.

Darn. When I read the headline, I was happy. I thought they found her alive.

Sad
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:13 am

Julie wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Renna Williams: 3-year-old missing from Wisconsin found

Darn. When I read the headline, I was happy. I thought they found her alive.

Sad

Unbelievable! I hope that these parents don't have other children!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:00 pm

justanopinion, I hope not too.

But, sadly, they probably do. Probably several. Sad
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:22 pm

"Cleaning up"... That comment sent chills down my spine. Recalling 6 years ago when a 9 mo baby girl lay unresponsive, and the adults in the house HAD to do a hurry up sweep of the house and hide things before calling for help. The baby died. Their clean up was of drugs... The cops had the house under surveillance and were in fact watching it at the time. The baby might have been saved had they not taken the time to hide their schidt.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Investigation continues in death of 3-year-old Wis. girl

**SNIPPED

"That wasn't the first time that she's been seen wandering around," he said. "Over the last several weeks I've seen here a couple different times."

Lapre's neighbor, who was too shaken up to comment, brought Williams back home around 5 o'clock only for her to wander off again.

"We are aware of the fact that she had been brought home, was turned over to her father, and that it was an hour and half later that she was reported missing," said Roland.

Darrell Young was fishing in the canal Tuesday afternoon and says he urged Williams' mother Jenna Danish to call the sheriff's department after she came to him worried about her daughter.

But he says she wouldn't make the call, so he did.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:13 pm

I guess disciplining her was not in their vocabulary. By the time my kids and grandkids were 3 rule number one was NOT to leave the yard or your butt was spanked. I have lived on a dead end street for 25 years and my son was 2 when we moved here. He cried so much cause my girls were 6 and 10 and they could go across the street and play and he could not unless I was outside and with him. It does not take much to be a responsible parent but I guess they had to learn it the hard way. These parents need to quit being so stupid and wake up. Their parents raised them and they made it to be grown but it seems so many parents are just turning their backs on their kids and act like they should raise themselves. I still give my kids advise, not to make them feel like they are not good parents but just pointers for guidelines to help them thru the rough days of raising kids. My kids make me proud everyday and the worries seems minor compared to the ones I read on here.

Last edited by Nene_Please on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Will learn how to spell in my next life sorry)
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 pm

This is starting to look very strange.
I had hoped it wouldn't be another
neglect situation, but is sure seems
this is the case. WHY would the mom
not make that call? WHAT concerned
her more than her missing child?
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Reena Mae Williams' Parents, Jenna Danish And Thomas Jay Williams, Arrested After Daughter's Death

Posted: 09/24/2012 12:07 pm EDT Updated: 09/24/2012 12:07 pm EDT

A Wisconsin couple whose young daughter wandered from home and drowned in a canal during August turned themselves in to police on Sunday.

Jenna Danish, 33, and Thomas Jay Williams, 44, face charges of child neglect resulting in death following the death of their 3-year-old, Reena Mae Williams, the Associated Press reports.

Police issued an arrest warrant for the parents on Friday, but when they arrived to search their Danbury home, nobody was there. They did, however, make several troubling discoveries.

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/24/reena-mae-williams-parent_n_1909249.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Troubling discoveries... The house was surrounded on three sides by water and there was not proper protective fencing. Hmm No one notice this BEFORE?
Pot plants... a few pots plants doesn't equal bad parenting.
Sheets over the windows facing the canal ... Had those windows been covered with proper drapes or curtains, would this have been an issue. This article really amounts to zip, other than the fact that a warrant was issued, LE visited the home to execute the warrant, and parents later turned themselves in. Obviously LE isn't giving up much info so media is being forced to construct its' own little spin on the story.. but what the hell... media always does.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Trial averted as parents of Reena Mae Williams plead no contest

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 | NEWS

SIREN - An August trial in Bayfield County was avoided on Wednesday, July 16, when Thomas Williams, 44, Fremont, and Jenna Danish, 35, address confidential, each plead no contest to their respective charges of neglect of a child causing death.  

Danish’s charge was reduced to a misdemeanor variant of neglect of a child causing death in a plea bargain.  Williams pleaded no contest to the Class D felony that was originally filed, but a 60-day jail sentence with Huber release will be the recommended sentence in the plea bargain.

Read more:  http://www.the-leader.net/trial-averted-as-parents-of-reena-mae-williams-plead-no-contest.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:47 pm

WI couple whose daughter drowned face punishment for neglect

By KBJR News 1
November 24, 2014 Updated Nov 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM CDT

Siren, WI (NNCNOW.com) --- A Wisconsin couple has been found guilty and sentenced for child neglect in connection with the 2012 drowning death of their 3–year–old daughter.

...Williams is charged with a felony for neglecting a child ending in death.

He will spend five months in jail, three years on probation, and he must maintain sobriety and continue his mental health treatment plan.

Danish, the mother, is charged with a misdemeanor for neglecting her child. On Monday she learned that she would spend one year on probation.

Read more:  http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/news/crime/WI-couple-whose-daughter-drowned-face-punishment-for-neglect-283721811.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Moving from Developing Stories to Closed.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down