Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

+4
jerseyjul1
justanopinion
lostyou
Nene_Please
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 11, 2013 9:29 am

It appears Thread #1 which was started 8/31/2010 has locked because Page 20 is full.

Unfortunately, I will have to start another thread. It was my hope that the Emma Thompson thread would be one continuous thread.

Perhaps Justice4All can figure this out. It appears there will now have to be a "sub thread." Not good as this case is closed and does not warrant multiple threads.

This is the Link to the first thread which I will refer to as "Thread #1".

http://www.realitychatter.com/t2705-emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09
Reality Chatter - Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - Thread #1 started 8/31/2010

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat May 11, 2013 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 11, 2013 9:35 am

The "introduction" below is from Thread #1 and was the introduction to the thread which was posted on 8/31/2010.

To read previous things posted on the Emma Thompson thread, please go to Thread #1.

For your info, some of the Links you click on may indicate that the page is no longer available.  Because some of the Houston media upgraded their websites since the original Links were posted, some of the Links to pages regarding Emma Thompson no longer work.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t2705-emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09#65458
RC:  Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (now known as Thread #1)
_________

Emma Thompson was a beautiful, 4-year-old girl, who died a brutal, horrific death on June 27, 2009.  Emma lived in Spring, Texas (north of Houston, Tx) with her mother, Abigail (Abby) Young, a sister and one half-sister.   They lived in a beautiful home, with a swimming pool, in an upscale neighborhood.

For a slideshow of Emma Thompson,  please click on the Link below:

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 2mpidrt
http://www.click2houston.com/slideshow/news/20360317/detail.html

At the time of Emma's brutal, horrific death,  Abigail Young was a Registered Nurse and was employed at Woman's Hospital of Texas in the Houston area.  She worked in Labor & Delivery.

Emma's parents were separated in April, 2009. Emma's father, Benjamin (Ben) Thompson, had visitation rights. Emma's bruises were first noticed by her father, Ben, in early June, 2009.  Thompson told Young to take Emma to the doctor or he would.  

On June 8, 2009, Emma was examined by her pediatrician.  Her doctor found she had vaginal and oral herpes, along with bruising inconsistent with the explanations offered by Abigail Young.  She did note that Emma had a 102-degree fever and blisters on her fingers, inside her mouth and in her vaginal area and that she ran a series of tests.  The doctor notified Texas Child Protective Services (CPS).  On June 11,  test results came back positive for herpes.

During an investigation by CPS, Young lied to the investigator and said she was the only adult living in her home with Emma and her two other daughters.  She failed to tell them about her boyfriend, Lucas Ruric Coe, who has a lengthy criminal history.

~~~~~~~

For details of Coe's criminal history, please read here:

"The system failed Emma"
Girl's slaying followed chances to prevent tragedy

By TERRI LANGFORD
Aug. 18, 2009, 9:52AM

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 260xStory

Before Lucas Coe was accused of inflicting the injuries that may have killed 4-year-old Emma Thompson, there were at least five chances to keep him behind bars in two different counties.

The last opportunity came just three months before Emma turned up in a Houston area emergency room, sexually abused and fatally beaten. Both Coe, 27, and his girlfriend, Emma's mother, Abigail Young, 33, have been charged with injury to a child in Emma's June 27 death. No trial date has been set.

But a closer look at Coe's criminal history reveals some troubling facts — any of which might have altered the turn of events that led up to the Spring girl's homicide.

While Coe was serving six years probation for a 2002 Harris County aggravated assault, records show, he was convicted for DWI, pled guilty to a Montgomery County assault, failed to meet with a probation officer, got behind in his restitution to the Harris County victim and was indicted on a child abuse charge in Montgomery County.

Four motions to revoke his probation in the Harris County case were made: two in 2005 and two in 2008.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6576234.html

Note:  Within the above article, there is a video (lower left side of  page) of the probable cause hearing of Coe and Young on 8-11-09.  This is not a video of the entire hearing.

~~~~~~~

Based on the CPS interview with Young, Emma was not removed from her home.  On June 27, 2009, Young supposedly went shopping  and left Emma and her two other daughters with Coe.  Per testimony at Young's trial, when she came back from her second shopping trip, she fixed sloppy joe's and then checked on Emma.

Young attempted to 'Super Glue' Emma's skull together before taking her to the emergency room by private vehicle.  Young, a Registered Nurse, did not call 911 (EMS).  Young drove down the street and stopped.  During Young's trial, it was disclosed that Young pulled Emma out of the back seat and laid her on her vehicle.  Passersby stopped, called 911 and did CPR on Emma until EMS arrived.  While EMS was working on Emma, Young was on her cell phone per trial testimony.  It is assumed that Young did this to give Lucas Coe a chance to leave the area.

As soon as Young left her home with Emma, Lucas Ruric Coe, went to a next door neighbor with Young's two other children (ages 6 and 11 at the time) and asked the neighbor to watch them because he was not suppose to have contact with them and he needed to leave.  The neighbor noticed the flashing lights down the street.  Coe told her that was for Emma.  Coe, who was not suppose to have unsupervised contact with his daughter, who was 4 at the time and had signs of sexual abuse, had his daughter with him and they left.

Emma was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital - The Woodlands, Tx. (just north of Houston) where she was pronounced dead.  At Young's trial, testimony indicated Young told the neighbors, when she came back from the hospital, that she bleached her bathroom before she attempted to take Emma to the Emergency Room.  Also, she said she cleaned Emma internally with bleach wipes.  Hence, Lucas Coe's DNA not found internally.

A short time after Emma died, Young moved to Brenham, Tx, her hometown.  Young's mother, Margie Routt Young, is CEO and Director of the Foundation of Scott & White, Brenham, Tx. (up until a few weeks ago, it was known as Trinity Medical Center, Brenham, Tx. and Routt Young held the same position as she does today).  Many people in Washington County (Brenham and surrounding area) feel that Abigail was hired because of the position her mother held and continues to hold with The Foundation of the hospital.  She serves on the Board of Directors with the hospital administrator.

Abigail Young was hired as a Registered Nurse to work in Labor & Delivery at Trinity.  On August 10, 2009, Abigail Young, in her uniform, was arrested at Trinity Medical Center by Brenham Police.  Later that evening, she was transported to Houston, Tx. about 70 miles away.

At the same time Young was being arrested, Lucas Ruric Coe, was being arrested in Montgomery County, Tx. (adjacent to Harris County, Houston, Tx.).  He attempted to run but was apprehended by Law Enforcement.  At the time of Coe's arrest, he had on a black t-shirt with the following:  "It is all fun and games until the cops show up."

For the video of Young and Coe after their arrest and in the process of being taken to the Harris County Jail, Houston, Tx, please click here:  

http://www.click2houston.com/video/20352361/index.html

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 2n19rg7

"Mom, Boyfriend Charged In Girl's Death"

KPRC
Houston, Tx    
8-10-09

~~~~~~~~

The lead detective (investigator) in Emma's case, A. J. Kelly, Harris County Sheriff's Office,  said in a press conference this is the worst case of child abuse he has ever seen in his 19 years in Law Enforcement.

Abigail Young retained attorneys in Houston, Tx and was out on $50,000 bond until her trial which started with jury selection on June 28, 2010 (1 year and 1 day after Emma died a brutal, horrific death) in Houston, Harris County, Tx.

After the jury deliberated for nearly four hours, Young's trial concluded on Monday, July 12, 2010 with a guilty verdict of the lesser charge of recklessness.  Young was initially charged with serious bodily injury to a child by omission, which is a first degree felony, and she could have received life in prison.  Young was taken into immediate custody by the Harris County Sheriff's Office and was taken to the Harris County Jail, Houston, Tx.   The punishment phase was scheduled for the next day, July 13, 2010.

On July 13, 2010, the punishment phase began for Abigail Young.  After testimony from both sides and closing arguments,  the jury handed down the following sentence:  20 years in prison, $10,000 fine.  When the Judge read the sentence, Young's knees buckled and she started crying.  She had to sit down.  

Abigail Young is currently in the Harris County Jail awaiting transfer to a Texas prison as evidenced by the information below.  The following information is from the Harris County Sheriff's Office - Public Information Inquiry, Houston, Tx:

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 08/31/2010 - 08:54 a.m.

NAME YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH
SPN 02443077
DOB 08/26/1975

JAIL JA09/4J1 01E    BOOKING DATE   07/12/2010
UP DATE   OUT DATE  
If the up date is the same as the out date, payment of the fine amount is not required to release the inmate from custody on that case.

CASE # 122787901010
BOOKING DATE 07/12/2010

CHARGE RECKLESS INJURY TO CHILD

COURT 232 COURT DATE 07/14/2010

BOND AMT 0.00 FINE BALANCE DUE
~~~~~~~

Per Texas law, Abigail Young will be eligible for parole in five (5) years.  During the Victim's Impact Statement for Emma Thompson, Ben Thompson, Emma's father, vowed he or a member of his family would be at every parole hearing for Abigail Young and speak against her.  

Only two people spoke on behalf of Emma during the Victim's Impact Statement . . . . her father, Ben Thompson, and her paternal grandmother, Laurie Thompson.  Ben spoke loudly and with what appears to be anger to Abigail Young.  Laurie Thompson spoke eloquently and lovingly about Emma. She let all know who the real Abigail Young is since she was part of the family at one time.  I feel Laurie's statement was outstanding!

~~~~~~~

"Mom gets 20 years in daughter's death"

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

KTRK - Houston, TX

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Jurors have decided how long a woman should serve behind bars for failing to protect her daughter from a deadly beating.

Those jurors deliberated for about an hour and a half Tuesday afternoon following closing arguments in the trial of Abigail Young, and returned a sentence of 20 years and a $10,000 fine. With good behavior, Young could get out of prison in five years.

Young was found guilty Monday of failing to protect her 4-year-old daughter from repeated physical and sexual abuse last year, allegedly at the hands of Young's boyfriend, Lucas Coe.

After the sentence was read, Emma's father, Ben Thompson, and his mother read victim impact statements.

Ben Thompson yelled in the direction of Young, "She was four years old. She had her whole life in front of her and you took that away from her."

Read more and view Victim Impact Statements:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7552449
~~~

In my opinion, this is an excellent Link.  Below the main video box, there are about 7 videos of various stages of the trial. Katie McCall, Reporter, KTRK, Houston, Tx covered the trial.  All video is live.

Within the article, is a blue box (to the left) titled 'Related Content' with excellent articles.

~~~~~~~

Sadly, no one from Emma's maternal side of the family spoke on her behalf.  I guess this should not surprise me because Emma is buried in a cemetery in Brenham, Tx.  To this day, precious Emma who died a brutal, horrific death, still does not have a tombstone.  She just has a little marker, provided by Memorial Oaks Chapel (funeral home), Brenham, Tx,  with her name on it, date of birth and date of death.  As of Monday, August 30, 2010, there was only a bouquet of silk faded red roses on Emma's grave!  When I visit my maternal grandparents grave (which is often), I always stop and visit precious Emma Thompson!

Lucas Ruric Coe 's trial is scheduled for September 13, 2010 in Houston, Harris County, Tx.  I will be following Coe's trial closely and I do plan to attend a few days of his trial if my schedule permits.

After doing a public inquiry from the Harris County Sheriff's Office, I notice Coe has a court date of 9-9-10.  It was 9-13-10.  Perhaps that is the day jury selection starts with trial date of 9-13-10.  If I get a chance, I will call  the Harris County District Attorney's Office or the Court Coordinator in Court #232 and get clarification for the aforementioned.

Coe is currently being held in Houston, Harris County, Tx. at the Harris County Jail.  His bond was finally set at $300,000 and he has not made bail.  The following info is from the Harris County Sheriff's Office - Public Information Inquiry:

LAST NAME COE
FIRST NAME LUCAS
DOB  
SPN NUMBER 01980445
SSN  

CHARGES FOUND =1

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 08/31/2010 - 09:21 a.m.

NAME COE, LUCAS RURIC
SPN 01980445
DOB 11/24/1981

JAIL JA09/5F2 01F    BOOKING DATE  02/18/2010
UP DATE   OUT DATE  

If the up date is the same as the out date, payment of the fine amount is not required to release the inmate from custody on that case.

CASE # 122787801010  BOOKING DATE 02/18/2010  

CHARGE SUPER AGG SEX ASSLT CHILD < 6

COURT 232 COURT DATE 09/09/2010  

BOND AMT 300000.00 FINE BALANCE DUE

~~~~~~~

I will keep this thread updated during the trial.  All main stream media in Houston, Tx, Brenham, Tx, and Bryan, Tx. covered Abigail Young's trial.  Once Associated Press (AP) picked up the story, it was covered by major media outlets in Texas such as Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Waco, Beaumont, San Angelo, El Paso, etc. I also saw coverage in Mexico and New Mexico.  There could have been other states that covered the story but I did not monitor it.  My assumption is that Coe's trial will definitely be covered by major media outlets.  A few days before Young's trial, a national TV station online website did a very interesting and informative story on Young's upcoming trial.  If I can find it, I will post it.  

After Coe's trial regarding Emma Thompson's brutal, horrific death concludes with punishment phase, he is scheduled to go on trial in Montgomery County (county just north of Harris County, Tx) on a case involving a young boy in Montgomery County.

In Emma Thompson's case, Coe is charged with super aggravated sexual assualt of a child less than 6 years old.  The State of Texas  (Harris County District Attorney Prosecutors) will be seeking the maximum sentence for Coe which is Life in Prison without Parole.  The minimum Coe could get is 20 years in prison.

Justice for precious Emma Thompson!       afro
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 52nvab  

Special thanks to the following for assisting me in making this thread "come alive.":

Justice4All and Snaz, Administrators - Reality Chatter

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Abigail Young - parole review status as of 4/30/13

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 11, 2013 9:42 am

Re-posting this "Alert" on Thread #2!

ALERT - - Abigail Young is in parole review status again as of 4/30/13

On 4/30/13, I received an e-mail indicating that Abigail Young is in parole review status as of 4/30/13. I spoke to a representative from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Parole Division via phone this morning. She said that letters opposing Abigail Young's parole should be submitted no later than 5/30/13. . . . the sooner letters are submitted; the better!

Many of you wrote a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young last year (2012). In August, 2012, the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) denied Abigail Young parole. As is current Texas law, Abigail Young is up for parole review again. She will be eligible for parole every year until she is either paroled or until she serves her 20 year sentence.

To support justice for precious Emma Thompson, please write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Young. Your letter opposing parole for Abigail Young is important and counts! Please help keep Abigail Young in a Texas prison where she belongs. Young does NOT deserve to be paroled! Precious Emma Thompson was barely 4 years old when she was brutally raped and murdered by Lucas Coe, Abigail Young's then boyfriend. Abigail Young failed to protect her daughter, precious Emma Thompson.

You do NOT have to be a resident of Texas. Any one from all over the world can write a letter to TBPP opposing Abigail Young's parole.

Protest letters regarding the parole of Abigail Young can be mailed, e-mailed or FAXed. All letters MUST contain Young's pertinent Texas Department of Criminal Justice info (see blue hi-lite below). If you do NOT include Young's pertinent info, your letter will NOT be submitted to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles - Abigail Young parole review.

Letters can me mailed, e-mailed or FAX and MUST include Abigail Young's pertinent TDCJ info:

Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice
Victim Services Division
8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Email: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us

Fax: (512) 452-0825

Reference: Young, Abigail
State ID: 08428403
TDCJ ID: 01668233
Placed on Parole Review: 4/30/13

Please, please write a letter opposing Abigail Young's parole. Thank you for your continued support of justice for precious Emma Thompson!

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 2n19rg7
Abigail Young and her boyfriend at the time of Emma's death: Lucas Coe

The innocent, defenseless 4-year old victim, Emma Thompson:

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 01012EMMATHOMPSON
Emma Thompson
(This was Emma's last Easter. Taken Easter Sunday, 2009 in Brenham, TX)

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 628x471
Emma Thompson
(This was Emma's last Christmas - December, 2008.)

Emma Thompson deceased: 6/27//09

Note: Above photos of Emma Thompson courtesy of her maternal aunt: Amanda Mathews
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Oppose parole for Abigail Young and be a voice for Emma Thompson!

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 11, 2013 9:50 am

If you are dedicated to seeking justice for victims, now is your opportunity to do just that!

Please be a voice for Emma Thompson and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young, who is up for parole review again and has served less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence for failing to protect her precious child, Emma.

Emma died a horrific and painful death per trial testimony during the trials of Abigail Young and then later Lucas Coe.

Emma was brutally raped and beaten to death by Lucas Coe. Trial testimony indicated Abigail Young did nothing to protect her precious daughter, Emma.

Young did protect Lucas Coe though. She lied to doctors, investigators, her estranged husband, CPS (after Emma's doctor reported to CPS that Emma Thompson had genital herpes in the vaginal and rectum areas, mouth, hands and thighs.), her now former best friend, neighbors, etc.

Abigail Young even gave Lucas Coe and his young daughter the opportunity to get away from her home instead of calling 911 from her home the night Emma died.

Young loaded up Emma in her car and drove down the road from her home, stopped, pulled Emma out of the car. Others stopped and gave Emma CPR to try to revive Emma while Abigail Young walked in the median and talked on her cell phone.

As a Registered Nurse, Abigail Young did not even give her child CPR!

Lucas Coe went to Young's neighbor's home and told her the emergency lights flashing down the road (which could be seen from the home) was for Emma . . . . that Abigail and Emma were down the road.

Lucas Coe made a phone call to his mother and told her that Emma is dead. Cell phone records introduced into evidence at Coe's trial (and Young's trial too) indicated that Coe made that phone call before Abigail Young even called him from the road where EMS was working on Emma to revive her.

Apparently, Emma Thompson was dead when Abigail Young put her in the car and drove down the road.

All to protect Lucas Coe! Lucas Coe was not suppose to be around his own daughter unless supervised per CPS. So it was important to Lucas Coe and Abigail Young that Coe get away from the area before law enforcement showed up.

Please write a letter opposing Abigail Young's parole. Be a voice for Emma Thompson!

Please see this comment on how to e-mail (or mail; or fax) a letter opposing parole for Young.

Your letter can be as simple as:

"I oppose parole for Abigail Young."

http://www.realitychatter.com/t4317-emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09-thread-2#213682
RC - Comment on sending letter opposing Abigail Young's parole

Thank you, in advance, for supporting justice for Emma Thompson and being a voice for precious Emma.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 549637_215332588566355_702650185_n
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Laurie Thompson, Emma's paternal grandmonther, will be a guest on Tricia's True Crime Radio

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Laurie Thompson, Emma's paternal grandmother, will be a guest on Tricia's True Crime Radio this Sunday!

This should be a very interesting show. Please make sure to tune in. Laurie has done several interviews with the Houston TV stations and radio. She is a wonderful speaker and family spokesperson for the Thompson family.

Sunday, 5/12/13 at 8 p.m. EDT/ 7 p.m. CDT

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/05/13/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern
Blog Talk Radio - TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO SUNDAY NIGHT 8 PM EASTERN

WHAT IS JODI ARIAS UP TO NOW? SENTENCING PHASE DELAYED. WHY? HOPEFULLY KATIECOOLADY CAN HELP US FIGURE OUT THIS MESS.

EMMA THOMPSON WAS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD WHEN SHE DIED FROM SEXUAL ABUSE INJURIES SUFFERED AT THE HANDS OF HER MOTHER'S BOYFRIEND. EMMA'S MONSTER MOTHER STOOD BY AND DID NOTHING TO STOP THE ABUSE. SHE IS SERVING 20 YEARS BEHIND BARS. SHE HAS BARELY SERVED TWO YEARS AND SHE IS UP FOR PAROLE ALREADY. WE'LL BE TALKING WITH EMMA'S GRANDMA. BY THE TIME YOU HEAR THE WHOLE STORY YOU WILL NO DOUBT WANT TO HELP US KEEP THIS ANYTHING BUT A MOTHER ABIGAIL YOUNG BEHIND BARS FOR A LONG TIME.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Websleuth's efforts regarding Abigail Young's parole

Post by Ann - Tx Sun May 12, 2013 9:45 am

The following is at the top of the Websleuth's Forum page:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/index.php?
Websleuths Forum

Note From The Websleuths Staff

Snipped:

4 year old Emma Thompson was sexually abused to death by her mother's boyfriend. Her mother stood by and did nothing. She is coming up for parole.

Join us tonight 8 PM Eastern on Tricia's True Crime Radio as we talk with Emma's grandmother about this shocking story.

You can help keep Emma's monster mother behind bars by checking out our C.A.P.E.R. Forum for details.

~~~~~

The following is at the top of the Homepage of Websleuth's and at the top of every page you click on. Awesome!

A MOTHER WHO LET HER CHILD BE SEXUALLY ABUSED UNTIL SHE DIED IS SCHEDULED FOR A PAROLE HEARING!

CLICK HERE AND HELP US KEEP ABIGAIL YOUNG BEHIND BARS FOR HER FULL SENTENCE IN THE DEATH OF HER 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER EMMA

Special thanks to Websleuth's for their awesome efforts in encouraging their members and guests to oppose parole for Abigail Young by writing a letter to the Texas Department of Pardons & Paroles. Way to go, Websleuths!

I think it is awesome that Laurie Thompson, Emma's paternal grandmother, will be a guest on Tricia's True Crime Radio Show tonight. Hopefully, it will generate many letters opposing parole for Abigail Young.

Please tune it tonight at 8 pm EDT/7 pm CDT for the guest appearance of Laurie Thompson:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/05/13/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern
Blog Talk Radio: Tricia's True Crime Radio -- 5/12/13

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Tricia's True Crime Radio Show - 5/12/13

Post by Ann - Tx Sun May 12, 2013 10:51 pm

I listened to Tricia's True Crime Radio Show tonight. I was not able to do the "Live Chat".

Guests: Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother, and Andy Kahan - City of Houston, TX Crime Victims Director

It was an excellent and informative show. Laurie Thompson and Andy Kahan did a wonderful job of conveying information regarding Abigail Young and Emma Thompson. As usual, Tricia did a great job of interviewing the guests.

I hope this will generate many letters opposing parole for Abigail Young.

Andy Kahan discussed HB431 (Emma's Law). Per Andy, it will be retroactive. Awesome news!

If passed by the Senate and signed into law by Texas Governor Rick Perry, this bill will give the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles the latitude to do a 5 year off-set versus an annual parole review per current Texas law.

If HB431 (Emma's Law) becomes law, then in 2014 Abigail Young may get a 5 year off-set by the TBPP. Just my opinion.

You can listen to Sunday's show here:

Blog Talk Radio - Tricia's True Crime Radio -- 5/12/13

Guests: Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother, and Andy Kahan - City of Houston, TX Crime Victims Director
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Be a voice for Emma Thompson . . . oppose parole for her mother, Abigail Young!

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 13, 2013 12:31 am

Please be a voice for Emma Thompson and write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles and oppose parole for her mother, Abigail Young!

If you have limited time, your letter can be as simple as:

Letters can me mailed, e-mailed or FAX and MUST include Abigail Young's pertinent TDCJ info:

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed May 15, 2013 8:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Tribute account for Emma Thompson at St. Jude Children's Research Hospitanl - TN

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 13, 2013 1:07 am

During Laurie Thompson's interview with Tricia Sunday night, Laurie mentioned the tribute to honor Emma Thompson and donations can be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in TN.

If you are interested in making a donation in memory of Emma Thompson, here is the direct Link to St. Jude's:

http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/Events/Tribute?pxfid=27121&fr_id=1341&pg=fund
Stjude.org --Emma Catherine Grace Thompson

Snipped:

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 1341.1128993391.custom

Emma Catherine Grace Thompson

Our Emma ...

On June 27, 2009,our precious Emma Catherine Grace died as a tragic victim of violent physical and sexual abuse. To honor her life and pay tribute to the preciousness of the lives of children everywhere, a memorial fund has been established in her name.

Tribute Acct # 24231963

We would like to thank everyone for their kindness and generosity.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

Post by Freckles Mon May 13, 2013 1:19 am

Ann-
Thanks for all the info you have shared.
I listened to the Tru-Crime info tonight.
They did an excellent job presenting.
I did not know how to word a letter so you info above, stating I only have to state my objection is most helpful.
I will be getting a letter off within the next day or two.

I do NOT want this person to have ANY early release.
IMO, inmates should be EXPECTED to comply with orders so "good behavior" is not something worthy of consideration. Bad behavior, on the other hand, would indicate the convict was NOT in compliance and that should merit additional time.

Any crime involving a child should NOT be rewarded with an early release. JMO
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 15, 2013 8:14 am

Hi, Freckles!

You are welcome re the info shared.

I thought Tricia did a great job of interviewing Laurie Thompson and Andy Kahan. It was an informative radio show.

Thank you, Freckles, for being a voice for precious Emma Thompson and writing a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles and opposing parole for Abigail Young.

Yes, Freckles, letters can be as simple as:

I snipped part of your comment. This is so true and excellent. I hope you will include it in your letter:

Snipped from Freckles comment above:

I do NOT want this person to have ANY early release.
IMO, inmates should be EXPECTED to comply with orders so "good behavior" is not something worthy of consideration. Bad behavior, on the other hand, would indicate the convict was NOT in compliance and that should merit additional time.

Any crime involving a child should NOT be rewarded with an early release. JMO
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Have you written a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young? Deadline: 5/30/13

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 15, 2013 8:28 am

Have you written a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Young?
If not, please do so as soon as possible.

Your letter is important, it counts and it will be read by the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles.

The current deadline: 5/30/13

Please be a voice for Emma Thompson
and write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles and oppose parole for her mother, Abigail Young!

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 16, 2013 9:33 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
Have you written a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Young?
If not, please do so as soon as possible.

Your letter is important, it counts and it will be read by the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles.

The current deadline: 5/30/13

Please be a voice for Emma Thompson
and write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles and oppose parole for her mother, Abigail Young!

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Bumping!

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young!

See above for info. Thanks.

Current deadline for writing letters: 5/30/13

Emma Thompson
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Thu May 16, 2013 10:21 am

I just emailed my protest for her release now Ann. I told them this was uncalled for and no family should have to endure this for 20 years and they need to change the laws. I worked with a woman who's sister was murdered and she fought for law changes and also made sure he served every day of his sentencing. His name is Wesley Wayne Miller. The lady I worked with was Rona Smith and her sister name was Retha Stratton. They lived in Fort Worth Texas and the murder happened in 1982. If you ever have time Google this and you will see the fight Rona did in memory of her sister. He also raped other cheerleaders but dna keep that from being proved. Rona and some of Retha's friends, which were the rape victims but at different times of the actual murder, went to Austin so many times to get the laws rewritten and also to the prison when Wayne would be up for parole. He is the only prisoner that I know of that did day for day for the crime he was convicted for, It took a horrible crime but Rona never gave up and still does not. I pray Emma's family find the strength to fight that hard and see that the laws change for her. That will be the only justice besides keeping that monster behind bars. Rona fought and won so it does happen.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 16, 2013 11:08 am

Hi, Nene!

Thank you for being a voice for Emma Thompson and writing a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young.

Also, thank you for sharing info about Miller and how hard Rona fought for justice. When I have time, I would like to read about the case.

For your info, Laurie Thompson, Emma's paternal grandmother, along with Andy Kahan, Director of the City of Houston Victims Assistance program, got Texas State Representative Debbie Riddle to introduce legislation into this Texas Legislative Session (2013) regarding parole for those who commit crimes (felonies) against children.

Emma Thompson lived in Rep. Riddle's district.

The bill is known as HB431 and if passed will be known as "Emma's Law" to honor Emma Thompson.

It has unanimously passed the Texas House of Representatives and was sent to the Senate. The Senate had the first reading last week and it is hoped it will pass the Senate before the Legislative session ends the latter part of May. (I think on 5/27/13.)

There is info about this bill when it started as a "hope to introduce legislation." It can be found on Thread #1. There are many comments/articles regarding HB431 (Emma's Law) after the comment I will Link. Please keep scrolling down.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t2705p900-emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09-thread-1#181916
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1) - Page 19
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Update: Status of HB431 (Emma's Law) - currently in the Texas Senate

Post by Ann - Tx Fri May 17, 2013 2:22 am

This is an update regarding the status of HB431 (Emma's Law):

Actions: (descending date order)

Description Comment Date Time Journal Page

S Considered in public hearing 05/16/2013
S Scheduled for public hearing on . . . 05/16/2013
S Posting rule suspended 05/16/2013 1903

Source:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/Actions.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB431
State of Texas - Legislative Session 2013 - Actions: HB431
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Be a voice for Emma Thompson!

Post by Ann - Tx Fri May 17, 2013 8:20 am

Bumping . . . for Emma!

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young.

Serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence is NOT justice for Emma Thompson!

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 628x471
Emma Thompson
(This was Emma's last Christmas - December, 2008.)

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat May 25, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 18, 2013 7:58 am

Bumping!

Please see above comment! Thanks!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Update: Status of HB431 (Emma's Law) - currently in the Texas Senate

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 18, 2013 9:09 am

This is an update (5/17/13) regarding the status of HB431 (Emma's Law).
It is moving along nicely!:

S Recommended for local & uncontested calendar 05/17/2013
S Reported favorably as substituted 05/17/2013

Source:

State of Texas - Legislative Session 2013 - Actions: HB431
~~~~~

For info purposes:

http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/gtli/legproc/process_locbills.html
State of Texas - Guide to Texas Legislative Information (GTLI)

Process for a Bill
The calendar used for consideration of local and noncontroversial bills in the senate is the Local and Uncontested Calendar, which is set by the Senate Committee on Administration. A measure may not be considered by the Senate Committee on Administration for placement on the Local and Uncontested Calendar unless both the author or sponsor of the measure and the chair of the committee from which the measure was reported file a written request for placement on the Local and Uncontested Calendar with the Senate Committee on Administration. Measures ineligible for placement on the calendar are local or general bills and resolutions that are contested in committee, create new departments or subdivisions within state government, or contain any state appropriations. Local and Uncontested Calendars normally are prepared for consideration by the senate once or twice a week during the last half of the regular session. Measures on the Local and Uncontested Calendar are considered without a suspension of the regular order of business, which generally is required for consideration of legislation in the senate. As in the house, consideration of Local and Uncontested Calendars in the senate is expedited because the measures on these calendars usually are not debated and floor amendments to measures on these calendars are prohibited. A measure may be removed from the Local and Uncontested Calendar if two or more senators object to the consideration of the measure.

Note: Above bolded by Ann-Tx
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Briefs & Opinions: Lucas R. Coe & Abigail Young

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 18, 2013 10:21 am

For those who may not be aware of some of the details of the Emma Thompson case, you might be interested in reading the brief (Fourteenth Court of Appeals) which includes some of the trial testimony and evidence introduced in the Lucas Coe trial.

Snipped from my Emma Thompson case files:

I think you will be most interested in reading this document. It is the Brief filed by the State with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals on 11/30/2011 and includes some of the testimony from Lucas Ruric Coe's trial:

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/SearchMedia.aspx?MediaVersionID=b588d2ab-6ce5-49ca-a7ad-4f95133b72e7&coa=coa14&DT=Other&MediaID=8bdcb854-3be6-4ef0-a064-2d9842d0bdc4
Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Lucas Ruric Coe 11/30/2011 Brief submitted by the State (54 pages)

Lucas Coe's appeal was affirmed (denied) on 5/24/12.

This is the Link to the Opinion by the Fourteenth Court of Appeals:

Memorandum Opinion (41 pages): WARNING: Contains graphic content

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/SearchMedia.aspx?MediaVersionID=11dad4ff-bf79-4025-9953-1e8681bb56bb&coa=coa14&DT=Opinion&MediaID=c5712701-cc34-4e47-aaa5-09ee90ba72de
Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Lucas Ruric Coe - Opinion

Source for the above:

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=14-10-00929-CR
Tx Courts.gov: Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Houston, Harris County, TX -- Lucas Ruric Coe
~~~~~

The following is regarding Abigail Young's appeal with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals. Young's appeal was affirmed (denied) by the Fourteenth Court of Appeals on 1/10/12.

WARNING: Some of the content in the Majority Opinion may be difficult to read - graphic.

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/SearchMedia.aspx?MediaVersionID=f6e25fd4-bf48-4d95-883a-c7cf06d16818&coa=coa14&DT=Opinion&MediaID=b05639cf-5420-445d-a9d2-ac2598fbe107
Fourteenth Court of Apppeals - Houston, Harris County, Tx
Majority Opinion: Affirmed and Opinion Filed 1/10/12 - Abigail Elizabeth Young (24 pages)

Source for the above:

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=14-10-00646-CR
Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Houston, Harris County, TX --Abigail Elizabeth Young
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Oppose parole for Abigail Young - be a voice for Emma Thompson!

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 18, 2013 10:29 am

After reading the above, I think you will be motivated to write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles and oppose parole for Abigail Young, Emma Thompson's mother!

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young.

Serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence is NOT justice for Emma Thompson!

Letters can me mailed, e-mailed or FAX and MUST include Abigail Young's pertinent TDCJ info (hi-lited in blue):

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Emma Thompson

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun May 26, 2013 9:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty In loving memory of precious Emma Thompson . . .

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 18, 2013 10:19 pm

In loving memory of precious Emma Thompson . . .
Gone . . . but not forgotten!
  Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 442181

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 432130_203752413057706_1624970530_n

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 422807_203752429724371_2101354225_n

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 421301_203752439724370_1373405718_n

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 417051_203752459724368_1795820571_n

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 417192_203875523045395_1019261188_n

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 423508_203875546378726_564514431_n

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 429669_205412022891745_13279613_n

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 01012EMMATHOMPSON~~~  Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 2mpidrt

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 52nvab

Above pictures courtesy:  Amanda Young Mathews, Emma Thompson's maternal aunt

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 549637_215332588566355_702650185_n

~~~ Rest in peace, precious Emma! ~~~

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun May 19, 2013 11:01 am

For your info, one can send more than one letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles opposing Abigail Young's parole.

I have sent a detailed letter, a letter including Links to pertinent info re Abigail Young and will probably send at least 2 more letters with factual info I am compiling.

I have decided I will send the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles the above pictures of Emma and request NO parole for her mother, Abigail Young!

I will do that shortly . . . this morning!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 20, 2013 8:14 am

Today is 5/20/13!

Current deadline for letters opposing Abigail Young's parole:
5/30/13

Letters can me mailed, e-mailed or FAX and MUST include Abigail Young's pertinent TDCJ info (hi-lited in blue):

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Emma Thompson

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue May 21, 2013 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon May 20, 2013 10:58 am

Ann, thanks for all the info. regarding HB431, or Emmas Law, Too bad it does not apply to Abby. You all are doing a great job.
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 20, 2013 12:14 pm

lostyou, you are welcome

Andy Kahan, City of Houston Victims Assistance Director, was instrumental, along with Laurie Thompson, Emma's paternal grandmother, in getting TX Rep. Debbie Riddle to introduce HB 431 (Emma's Law) into legislation during this Legislative Session (2013).

During his guest appearance on Tricia's True Crime Radio last week, Andy indicated that the bill, if passed, will be retroactive. If so, it will probably affect Abigail Young next year (2014) if she is not granted parole in 2013.

HB431 (Emma's Law) is moving along in the Senate.

I just got an e-mail notification that HB431 has been certified for placement on the Senate Local and Uncontested Calendar to be held Tuesday, 5/31/13 at 5 pm CDT.

Looking good!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue May 21, 2013 8:43 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correct "and" to "in"; add: "Emma's paternal grandmother")
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Be a voice for Emma Thompson: Write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young!

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 21, 2013 8:45 am

Do you think serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence regarding the brutal, horrific rape and murder of Emma Thompson warrants parole for Abigail Young?

If not, now is your opportunity to write a letter and oppose parole for Abigail Young!
Your letter counts! Help keep Abigail Young in prison where she belongs!

5/30/13

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Emma Thompson

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat May 25, 2013 8:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 22, 2013 8:27 am

Ann - Tx wrote:

Do you think serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence regarding the brutal, horrific rape and murder of Emma Thompson warrants parole for Abigail Young?

If not, now is your opportunity to write a letter and oppose parole for Abigail Young!

5/30/13

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Emma Thompson
Bumping . . . for precious Emma!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty HB431 - Emma's Law has passed the Texas Senate!

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 23, 2013 2:27 am

I just got an e-mail alert from the Texas Legislature online site regarding HB431.

After a third reading, it has passed the Texas Senate! Yes!

The next step in the process would be for it to be sent to Texas Governor Rick Perry. If he signs HB431, it will become law:

HB431 - Emma's Law to honor Emma Thompson!
~~~~~

Bill: HB 431

Legislative Session: 83(R) Author: Riddle

S Record vote 05/21/2013
S Passed 05/21/2013
S Read 3rd time 05/21/2013

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Thu May 23, 2013 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty HB431 - Emma's Law: Bill Stages

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 23, 2013 3:59 am

Bill Stages:

Legislative Session: 83(R) Author: Riddle

Stage 1
Filed
1/10/2013

Stage 2
Out of House Committee
3/20/2013

Stage 3
Voted on by House
4/26/2013

Stage 4
Out of Senate Committee
5/17/2013

Stage 5
Voted on by Senate
5/21/2013

Stage 6
Governor Action

Stage 7
Bill Becomes Law
_______

Stage 1 Bill filed by Riddle on 1/10/2013.

Stage 2 Bill reported out of House committee on Corrections with vote of 6 Ayes, 0 Nays, 0 Present Not Voting, 1 Absent.

Stage 3 Bill passed the House.

Stage 4 Bill reported out of Senate committee on Criminal Justice with vote of 7 Ayes, 0 Nays, 0 Present Not Voting, 0 Absent.

Stage 5 Bill passed the Senate.

Stage 6 Not reached.

Stage 7 Not reached.

Source:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB431
State of Texas - 83rd Legislative Session/2013 - HB 431 - Bill Stages
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX covered "Emma's Law" story -- 5/23/13

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 23, 2013 9:31 am

Emma's Law Passes Texas Senate

By: KBTX News Staff
KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX

Updated: Thu 7:42 AM, May 23, 2013

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Emma+thompson

A bill named after four-year-old Emma Thompson who was murdered in 2009 after being beaten by her mother's boyfriend has passed the Texas Senate.

House Bill 431 is now waiting for Governor Rick Perry's signature.

Read more:

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Emmas-Law-Passes-Texas-Senate-208634131.html#.UZ4Zrk4o601

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty KWHI - Brenham, TX covered "Emma's Law" story: 5/23/13

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 23, 2013 9:39 am

EMMA'S LAW PASSES

(MAY 23RD, 2013) FSW

KWHI - Brenham, TX

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 0523emmathompson
Emma Thompson

Emma Thompson spent much of her short life being abused by her mother’s boyfriend, while her mother, Abigail Young, did little or nothing to protect her. Both Lucas Coe and Young are serving lengthy prison sentences but Young has been up for parole several times. That’s something that Emma’s Law, which the state Senate passed Wednesday, addresses.

Under this new law, any felon convicted of a felony against a child only eligible for parole every five years, instead of once a year.

Emma Thompson died in June of 2009, after being beaten by Lucas Coe. Coe was convicted in the death.

Young was arrested after her first day at work at the then Trinity Medical Center. She was sentenced to 20 years in prison for her neglect.

The final step for Emma’s Law to become law, is the governor’s signature.

Source:

http://www.kwhi.com/news1.htm#EMMA'S LAW PASSES
KWHI - Brenham, TX 5/23/13
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Brenham Banner-Press (Brenham, TX): "Emma's Law heads to Perry for signature"

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 23, 2013 3:17 pm

This article is on the front page at the top (in large letters) in today's editon of the Brenham Banner Press.

As stated before, Brenham, TX is Abigail Young's hometown.
~~~~~

‘Emma’s Law’ heads to Perry for signature

Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:52 am

The Banner-Press
Brenham, TX

A bill that would affect inmates jailed for crimes against children is going to Gov. Rick Perry for his signature.

Called “Emma’s Law” after 4-year-old Emma Thompson, who was murdered in 2009, the Texas Senate approved the bill Tuesday. It was previously passed by the House.

To read more subscription is required:

http://www.brenhambanner.com/news/emma-s-law-heads-to-perry-for-signature/article_34bcbfd8-c3c9-11e2-9f0a-0019bb2963f4.html

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Thu May 23, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Amanda Mathews, Emma's maternal aunt, interview with KBTX - Bryan today: 5/23/12

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Per Amanda Mathews, Emma's maternal aunt, she did a telephone interview with KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX this afternoon.

Amanda said it will air at 6 pm and 10 pm CDT (7 pm & 11pm EDT) today, 5/23/13.

You can watch the "live stream" here at 6 and 10 pm CDT:

http://www.kbtx.com/livestream
KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Special thanks to Websleuths!

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Special thanks to Websleuths Admin for the following which is a banner at the top of the homepage and all pages!:

SWEET 4 YEAR OLD EMMA THOMPSON HAS A LAW IN HER NAME!!

EMMA'S LAW HAS PASSED

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/home.php?
Websleuths - Homepage
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Amanda Mathews' interview with KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX: Video & article

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Emma's Law Passes Texas Senate

Updated: Thu 7:11 PM, May 23, 2013

By: Nicole Morten
KBTX - Bryan, TX

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Emma+thompson

Her death was shocking; it was gruesome and it ripped a family apart.

“Emma, her sister and I were very close and I was very close to my sister,” said Amanda Mathews, Emma Thompson’s aunt.

Emma Thompson was only four years old when her mother’s boyfriend Lucas Coe raped and brutally beat her to death.

The nature of the crime, the things they did to Emma and the fact my sister tried to protect Lucas Coe,” explained Mathews. “All is stated in the court documents, all the feelings of what she went through the last few days of her life, and it just kills m. She was 4. She was a baby.”

Amanda Mathews testified against her own sister so that little Emma would have a voice.

Read more and view video:

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Emmas-Law-Passes-Texas-Senate-208634131.html?device=phone#.UZ7fzU4o601

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Amanda Young Mathews comment posted on Emma ForJustice facebook page

Post by Ann - Tx Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Amanda Young Mathews, Emma's maternal aunt and Abigail Young's sister, posted the following on the Facebook page she has for her niece, Emma ForJustice.

Amanda Young Mathews
posted to
Emma ForJustice

14 hours ago via mobile.

I wanted to say Thank You to all my friends and family for their support as well as Laurie Thompson (Emma's Paternal Grandmother) who with State Rep Debbie Riddle has made this bill a reality!!!! I can not take credit for any part of this bill except asking people for their help in getting the info out there! Laurie Thompson what a wonderful memory you have made for out sweet Emma! Now come on Perry sign this bill and make it Law!

And on that note please do not forget that Abigail Young is still up for parole please if you haven't already done so write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons and Parole opposing her parole! The information is all over my Emma ForJustice website!!!

Emma,
Aunt Am is still here fighting to keep that monster Mother of yours behind bars!

I believe in remorse and I believe in rehabilitation however I also believe that you must be held accountable for your actions! 3 years is not long enough for sweet Emma's life! Abigail Young needs to spend the next 17 years behind bars thinking about what she allowed to happen to sweet Emma!

If you think I am being harsh just read the details of this case!

Thanks Again everyone for your support in my quest to keep Abigail out of society and protecting her two children and the public! If she is capable of this once it is possible for her to do it again!!!

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/emma.forjustice
Facebook: Emma ForJustice
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 25, 2013 5:30 am

Ann-
If the bill is signed by Gov Perry:

Does this mean Abigail Young will be grandfathered in?
Will she still automatically be granted a hearing for parole every year or will that be eliminated?

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 25, 2013 7:58 am

Hi, Freckles!

If Gov. Perry signs HB431 (Emma's Law) it will be retroactive.

At least that is what Andy Kahan (City of Houston, TX - Director of Crime Victims Assistance) said on May 12, 2013, when he and Laurie Thompson were guests on Tricia's True Crime Radio.

This bill will give the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles the latitude to do a 5 year set off versus 1 year set off (parole review) for convicted inmates who have committed felonies against children.

Gov. Rick Perry is familiar with the brutal and horrific rape and murder of Emma Thompson. Shortly after Emma's death, Gov. Perry ordered a special investigation into the Houston area CPS.

As a result of that investigation, there were changes made in CPS that were effective in the entire State of Texas. These changes were made because of Emma Thompson's horrific death.

Just wanted to share that info with you.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young -- Be a voice for Emma Thompson!

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 25, 2013 8:02 am

Ann - Tx wrote:

5/30/13

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Emma Thompson
Bumping ... for precious Emma!

Emma needs for you to be her voice!
Please write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young!

Thanks!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat May 25, 2013 8:31 am

Thanks, Ann! That is good news!
Well, I would prefer minimum 10 years before considering any parole but 5 is a good start...

Cool
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat May 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Freckles, you are welcome.

Personally, I think when a felony involves a child, the felon, such as Abigail Young, should serve there entire sentence . . . NO parole!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Current deadline date for letters: 5/30/13

Post by Ann - Tx Sun May 26, 2013 9:40 am

Today is 5/26/30. The current deadline for writing letters opposing parole for Abigail Young is 5/30/13!

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson and write a letter
opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young.

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

~~~~~

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 622x350
Abigail Young
Photo By Melissa Phillip/Chronicle
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX

Abigail Young is now a former Registered Nurse after being convicted in 2010. In 2009, as a Registered Nurse, she did NOT
give her daughter, Emma Thompson, CPR after pulling Emma from the car. Strangers gave Emma CPR while Abigail Young
was on her cell phone talking to Lucas Coe, her then boyfriend who was still at her home and then later at the neighbor's drive way.

Abigail Young was more interested in protecting Lucas Coe than trying to revive her precious barely 4-year-old daughter, Emma Thompson. (This is per trial testimony.)

Lucas Coe was convicted in 2010 and is serving Life without parole. Coe will never be eligible for parole review.

Abigail Young, as a Registered Nurse, did not bother to call 911 from her home for Emma. She attempted to glue Emma's skull together with "Krazy Glue" (super glue), obviously washed Emma's hair and cleaned Emma up. Then she bleached her bathroom before putting Emma in the car and "supposedly" she was going to take Emma to the nearest hospital ER.

However, when 911 and Law Enforcement arrived where Young pulled Emma out of her car (down the street from where she lived), Abigail Young's car was facing like she was headed home and NOT to a hospital.

Please write a letter and be a voice for Emma Thompson! NO PAROLE FOR ABIGAIL YOUNG!

Emma Thompson
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 28, 2013 7:50 am

Bumping this thread!

Please see above and please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson by writing a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young!

Current deadline for letters: 5/30/13

Also, if you do Facebook, please "like" Justice For Emma Thompson.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815
Facebook - Justice For Emma Thompson

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) 427595_203736713059276_1252906824_n

Thank you for supporting justice for precious Emma Thompson.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Letter deadline: 5/30/13

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 29, 2013 2:17 am

Letter deadline: 5/30/13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have not written your letter opposing parole for Abigail Young, please do so immediately.
Deadline for letters is 5/30/13. Today is 5/29/13.

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

~~~~~~~

Abigail Young after court hearing 8/12/09 -
Houston, Harris County, TX:

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Abigail-young
Abigail Young

~~~~~

Abigail Young's mug shot at Harris County Jail - Houston, Harris County, TX : 8/10/09
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Abigail-Elizabeth-Young-Mug-Shot-08-11-09---20356930
~~~~~

Please be a voice for the victim, Emma Thompson, and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young!
Serving less than 3 years regarding the brutal, horrific rape and murder of her daughter, precious barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson,
is not justice for Emma! Abigail Young failed to protect her daughter, Emma.

Emma Thompson
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty HB431 (Emma's Law) sent to Texas Gov. Rick Perry for his signature!

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 29, 2013 2:49 am

HB431 (Emma's Law) has been signed by the Texas House of Representative and the Texas Senate.

On 5/27/13, HB431 (Emma's Law) was sent to Texas Gov. Rick Perry for his signature!

Legislative Session: 83(R)
Author: Riddle

Viewing Votes: Most Recent House Vote | Most Recent Senate Vote

Snipped:

E Sent to the Governor 05/27/2013
S Signed in the Senate 05/27/2013
H Signed in the House 05/26/2013

Source:

State of Texas - Legislature -- Actions - HB431
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty Current deadline for writing a letter to oppose parole for Abigail Young is today, 5/30/13

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 30, 2013 9:13 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
Letter deadline: 5/30/13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have not written your letter opposing parole for Abigail Young, please do so immediately.
Deadline for letters is 5/30/13. Today is 5/30/13.

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

~~~~~~~

Abigail Young after court hearing 8/12/09 -
Houston, Harris County, TX:

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Abigail-young
Abigail Young

~~~~~

Abigail Young's mug shot at Harris County Jail - Houston, Harris County, TX : 8/10/09
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Abigail-Elizabeth-Young-Mug-Shot-08-11-09---20356930
~~~~~

Please be a voice for the victim, Emma Thompson, and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young!
Serving less than 3 years regarding the brutal, horrific rape and murder of her daughter, precious barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson,
is not justice for Emma! Abigail Young failed to protect her daughter, Emma.

Emma Thompson

Bumping! If you have not written a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young yet, please do so immediately.

Thanks for being a voice for Emma Thompson!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty New deadline for letters opposing parole for Abigail Young: 6/30/13

Post by Ann - Tx Fri May 31, 2013 2:00 pm

New deadline for letters opposing parole for Abigail Young:  6/30/13  

Yesterday (5/30/13), I spoke to a representative from the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice - Victim Services Division in Austin, TX.

I was told that numerous letters opposing Abigail Young's parole have been received.

Parole review is a process.  The representative told me that letters can still be sent and if received by June, 30, 2013, they will be included in Abigail Young's file which will be sent to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles.

The representative suggests that if any one still wants to write a letter, they do so as soon as possible.  The sooner; the better!

Also, you can write more than one letter.  If you already sent a letter and you forgot to include some info you wanted to state in your first letter, you can send another letter.

You can include Links to articles, pdf files, etc. in your letter.

So . . . if you have not written a letter opposing Abigail Young's parole, you still have an opportunity to be a voice for her daughter, the victim . . .  barely-4-year old Emma Thompson who was brutally raped and beaten to death!

As stated in previous comments, serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence is not justice for Emma Thompson!

Victim Services Division
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Fax
: (512) 452-0825
~~~~~

Special thanks to all of you who wrote a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young and being a voice for precious Emma Thompson.

Thank you, in advance, to those who will write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young by the new deadline of 6/30/13!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) Empty New deadline for letters opposing parole for Abigail Young: 6/30/13

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 am

Bumping this thread! Please see comment above.

The new deadline for writing a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young is: 6/30/13
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:37 am

Ann -TX I once again posted on my personal FB page and asked people to write and share... hopefully we can flood them with letters...
crystal ball
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next