Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

+23
Soprano1
ishi
CuriousPortlander
Summertime
DebFrmHell
KimmyK
One Wonders
Alessandra_Deux
FystyAngel
Cubs Fan
Gizmo711
vegret
justanopinion
auburn99girl
ClaireUncensored
Pianist
Mari 68
sitemama
WeeBonnie
colsnipe
LottieM
auman58
carlakay
27 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 20 Empty Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:31 pm

Again. And again. And again. The "gift that keeps on giving" is back in the news. He who respects NO boundaries of the law, of others. The Jodi Arias counterpart...Two peas in a pod.

"....The man told police he recognized the truck driver as Zimmerman. He said Zimmerman allegedly followed him into a parking lot while he made his 911 call, but left before police arrived.

The man said Zimmerman allegedly asked, "Do you know who I am?" before saying, "I'll (expletive) kill you," WKMG reports.

The same person called 911 the following day, claiming that Zimmerman was waiting for him at work and that he feared for his safety, but declined to press charges.

The report quotes police as saying Zimmerman acknowledged to officers that he had exchanged words with the man the previous day, according to WSVN-TV. ..."

"....Lake Mary police had two previous encounters with Zimmerman last year, once when his estranged wife, Shellie Zimmerman, told police he had threatened her and her father. She later declined to press charges.

In a second incident, Zimmerman was arrested and accused of domestic violence by a girlfriend, who later changed her story and dropped charges. ..."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/12/george-zimmerman-florida-road-rage-police/15512611/

Bear in mind, prior to marrying Shelly, GZ was engaged to a different woman.That other woman called police when GZ threatened her, attacked her, and abused her pregnant dog. They broke up over that incident. It is on going....
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 20 Empty Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Bit more here. Business identified.
The first is excellent. The vid is well documented and assembled. Kudos to the reporter!!
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/george-zimmerman-threatened-to-shoot-man-in-road-rage-incident-florida-police-say/28030558

Another source:
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/09/12/3567034/george-zimmerman-reportedly-threatened-to-kill-a-man-during-a-road-rage-incident/

Raw PD vid:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/raw-video-zimmerman-threatened-man/28033454
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:01 am

Arrested again on assault charges.
He is in jail.
To be arraigned this AM at 9 AM in Seminole County, Florida.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2015/1/10/george_zimmerman.html

"...SANFORD --

George Zimmerman is back in the Seminole County jail for a third time after he was arrested Friday night in Lake Mary.

The 31-year-old was booked around 9:45 p.m. on charges of aggravated assault with a weapon. He is being held without bond and will appear before a judge at 9 a.m.

We are working to find out who else was involved in this incident...."

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:05 am

"....George Zimmerman, the Florida man who was acquitted in 2013 of the shooting death of unarmed black teen Trayvon Martin, was arrested in Florida late Friday night on charges of aggravated assault with a weapon.

According to Seminole County booking documents, Zimmerman, 31, was arrested by the Lake Mary police and was booked at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility at 10:10 p.m.

He is being held without bond and will appear in court at 9 a.m.[b]

Since his high-profile acquittal, Zimmerman has had [b]three
other encounters with the Lake Mary police......"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/01/10/george-zimmerman-arrested-aggravated-assault/21547875/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:10 am

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/george-zimmerman-arrested-aggravated-assault-weapon-n283586

BOOKING PIC WITH STORY>
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:16 am

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 20 B6_rAozCUAA-ndw

Lnonblonde @Lnonblonde
George Zimmerman As He Waits For Court Hearing On New Arrest! @SMoKeeGyRL

https://twitter.com/Lnonblonde/status/553919675797491714/photo/1

--------------------------------

Posted: 9:47 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015

George Zimmerman granted $5,000 bond on aggravated assault charge

SANFORD, Fla. —
Florida authorities said George Zimmerman has been arrested on an aggravated assault charge.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office said the 31-year-old Zimmerman was arrested in Lake Mary about 10 p.m. Friday and was taken to the John E. Polk Correctional Facility.

He appeared before a judge Saturday morning with his attorney, Don West, who helped represent Zimmerman during his murder trial.

The judge granted Zimmerman a $5,000 bond and ordered that he surrender all firearms.

The judge also ordered that he have no contact with the victim, is not allowed to consume alcohol and would not be required to wear a GPS monitor.

No further details about the alleged incident were released.

Read more:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/george-zimmerman-arrested-aggravated-assault-charg/njkbn/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:27 am

Thank you Freckles for posting the news about Zimmerman's arrest. I hope this is not another "publicity stunt" to capitalize on the media's attention.

His "stunts" get attention because a lot of people out there are waiting for him to do something that will land him in prison ... for a long, long time ... George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 20 540129

Maybe he needs some "donations", I don't believe he is working ... George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 20 916266

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:44 am

Lawyer: George Zimmerman charged after throwing bottle of wine at girlfriend

".....George Zimmerman is charged with domestic aggravated assault with a weapon after allegedly throwing a bottle of wine at his girlfriend earlier this week, according to his lawyer.

George Zimmerman was arrested by Seminole County deputies on Monday, Nov. 18, 2013.
George Zimmerman - 2005
Caption George Zimmerman - 2005
Orange County Jail, Orange County Jail

In 2005, when Zimmerman was 20 years old, he was charged with resisting officer with violence and battery of law enforcement officer.

George Zimmerman admitted to killing a 17-year-old boy in Sanford in what may have been self-defense. After his trial during the summer of 2013, Zimmerman was found not guilty in the teen's death and walked away from the Seminole County Courthouse a free man.

Police found out about the fight when they pulled Zimmerman's girlfriend over for a routine traffic stop, Gillett said. More information about the incident was not immediately available.

Wearing blue scrubs and Crocs, Zimmerman stood before Judge John Galluzzo this morning where a $5,000 bond was set.

Even though this incident didn't involve a firearm, Galluzzo told Zimmerman that he had until Tuesday to surrender any firearms in his possession.

The judge also ordered Zimmerman to stay out of Volusia County and to have no contact with the victim.

Zimmerman's next court date is Feb. 17....."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman/os-george-zimmerman-arrested-assault-lake-mary-20150110-story.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:59 am

Good article. Has a nice time line.

"...As The Christian Science Monitor reported, Zimmerman had had a previous restraining order against him from a previous girlfriend, and he had once been arrested for allegedly attacking a police officer. But these encounters, which did not end in convictions, were not in evidence in the Martin case....."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2015/0110/Why-George-Zimmerman-was-arrested-again

[b]George Zimmerman Regrets Not Getting Self-Defense Insurance [b]
Decc 14, 2014
"....Woe is George Zimmerman.

According to Raw Story, the former neighborhood watchman responsible for the death of unarmed Florida teen Trayvon Martin in 2012 called the Armed American Radio show on Sunday to give fellow gun carriers advice about what to do if they ever happen to shoot someone.

It seems that one of Zimmerman’s greatest regrets was not buying self-defense insurance for himself.

“Go to the range to practice, keep your guns in a safe location, and primarily, now that I know that I’m $2.5 million in debt, just in lawyers’ fees, I paid over $360,000 in hard costs to the state of Florida—just in, you know, copies, CDs, manuscripts, that kind of stuff,” he told listeners. “I would definitely invest in getting some type of self-defense insurance and again, arming yourself with the knowledge of what you can do and what you should or shouldn’t do after the incident.”

He also pointed fingers at the media for not giving him a fair hearing after the incident and during his trial. “The media, they’re not in the business of telling the news, they’re—now, unfortunately, it’s evolved to them being in the business of making the news, and whether it costs people their lives, their livelihood, dignity, the position in the community—they could not care less,” Zimmerman said.

It was the media, he said, that forced him to keep a low profile, and he encouraged gun carriers who may kill someone and claim self-defense to stay away from the media atogether.

“Anything you say to them—and my family has learned this, my friends have learned this—people that truly had absolutely no malice intended would talk to the media and it would be turned, massaged to fit their agenda and completely distorted,” he said on the show. “There is absolutely no benefit to talking to the media.

“Try and stay away from watching the news if it does reach the level that it reached for me, or even if it doesn’t, if it’s just local media. Don’t read comments on blogs, don’t read comments on newspapers,” he added. “Those are all people that have never been in your situation, and it’s unfair to Monday-morning quarterback or armchair quarterback, to put yourself through that; you will drive yourself mad.”

[b]Zimmerman also took the opportunity to complain about how hard his life has been since he shot and killed Trayvon, saying that he does not remember what it’s like to be “normal.”[b]

“I’ll tell you that I’m not working—I enjoyed working, I enjoyed being a productive, taxpaying member of society. I haven’t worked since the incident, so in terms of the violent threats, the bounty on my head, I haven’t seen on any of the bounty posters an expiration date,” the 31-year-old said....."

Read more at Raw Story.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2014/12/george_zimmerman_regrets_not_getting_self_defense_insurance.html

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:14 pm

And, yet, he can't stay away from the spotlight.

He criticized the media but his lawyers, and his entire family, were interviewed by the media in multiple occasions. He gave an "exclusive" interview "to tell his story" on Fox News.

I believe no one have exploited more the media attention than Zimmerman himself, he, and his lawyers used main stream media and social media to solicit donations. And, they lined their own pockets with the money that was donated by supporters of the second amendment.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:58 pm

George Zimmerman bonds out after aggravated assault arrest

By Amanda McKenzie and Jeff Allen, Team Coverage
Last Updated: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 12:40 PM

"During a court appearance Saturday morning, Zimmerman was joined by his attorney Don West, who was part of the legal team that represented Zimmerman during his murder trial for shooting Trayvon Martin in 2013.

West confirmed his client was with his girlfriend when he threw the bottle towards her. No one was injured in the incident, West said.

A Seminole County judge told Zimmerman he was prohibited from contacting his girlfriend or entering Volusia County where she lives. He must surrender all firearms by Tuesday, but will not have to wear a GPS monitoring device.

"I certainly wish I wasn't here this morning, as I'm sure he does too," West said. "It's been a devastating experience that he's been through. Again, I'm not a psychologist. I don't know how it's manifesting itself. I'm concerned obviously, as we are here again this morning."

West said counseling is certainly something he thinks would help Zimmerman at this point.

Read more:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2015/1/10/george_zimmerman.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:21 pm

I keep wondering who he will murder next. Another unarmed kid or a female who is too stupid to stay away from him? Any guesses?
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:02 pm

This guy needs some serious anger management counseling.  I'm glad the judge said he had to surrender firearms in his possession, but my guess is he'll just go buy another one.  The only way he won't hurt someone else is if he gets put away for good.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:08 pm

It is a matter of time before he seriously hurts or kills someone else. Unfortunately that is what is going to take to put him away permanently.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:27 pm

One Wonders wrote:I keep wondering who he will murder next. Another unarmed kid or a female who is too stupid to stay away from him? Any guesses?
Hi, One!  George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 20 Little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon
My guess would be another child.  He has a long history of violence against women--he seems to be able to stop short of murder in those cases.
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:45 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:George Zimmerman bonds out after aggravated assault arrest

"During a court appearance Saturday morning, Zimmerman was joined by his attorney Don West, who was part of the legal team that represented Zimmerman during his murder trial for shooting Trayvon Martin in 2013.

West confirmed his client was with his girlfriend when he threw the bottle towards her. No one was injured in the incident, West said.

A Seminole County judge told Zimmerman he was prohibited from contacting his girlfriend or entering Volusia County where she lives. He must surrender all firearms by Tuesday, but will not have to wear a GPS monitoring device.

"I certainly wish I wasn't here this morning, as I'm sure he does too," West said. "It's been a devastating experience that he's been through. Again, I'm not a psychologist. I don't know how it's manifesting itself. I'm concerned obviously, as we are here again this morning."

West said counseling is certainly something he thinks would help Zimmerman at this point.

Read more:

"...It's been a devastating experience that he's been through. ..."

Say WHAT???? HE has been thru?
What about:
the first gf,
the former wife (Shellie),
the second gf,
a father of one of the gf's,
and now the latest gf?
What about the motorist on the road he threatened to kill?

DEVASTATING FOR WHOM?
Try the victims! The jury! The taxpayers! Law enforcement who is probably tired of his ass....
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:20 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:This guy needs some serious anger management counseling.  I'm glad the judge said he had to surrender firearms in his possession, but my guess is he'll just go buy another one.  The only way he won't hurt someone else is if he gets put away for good.

I don't think counseling will help his psychopath ass CP. I do however agree with your assessment of the firearms though. I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't turn them ALL over to LE, you know? He has an uncanny way to justify everything he does including murder.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:It is a matter of time before he seriously hurts or kills someone else. Unfortunately that is what is going to take to put him away permanently.

Absolutely right AD. And what a shame it is going to be when someone else dies at his hands cuz he wasn't put away the first time.  Just sickening barf .
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Nan11 wrote:
One Wonders wrote:I keep wondering who he will murder next. Another unarmed kid or a female who is too stupid to stay away from him? Any guesses?
Hi, One!  George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 20 Little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon
My guess would be another child.  He has a long history of violence against women--he seems to be able to stop short of murder in those cases.

Nan George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 - Page 20 541830 .
That's a very good point.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:31 pm

Freckles wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:George Zimmerman bonds out after aggravated assault arrest

Read more:

"...It's been a devastating experience that he's been through. ..."

Say WHAT???? HE has been thru?
What about:
the first gf,
the former wife (Shellie),
the second gf,
a father of one of the gf's,
and now the latest gf?
What about the motorist on the road he threatened to kill?

DEVASTATING FOR WHOM?
Try the victims! The jury! The taxpayers! Law enforcement who is probably tired of his ass....
Yeah!!!!
And I read that article that you or AD had put in here where he was blaming media as he's speaking through media and how he said he liked to work and stuff ***EYEROLL***...Has he ever worked an honest day in his life. Oh gosh he makes me sick. I wonder if he's brought murder insurance yet ***ANOTHER BIG EYEROLL***

Going to take care of my BP, lol. He gets me so riled up.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:57 pm

'Psycho' George Zimmerman 'threw a bottle of wine at his girlfriend's head as they fought over a painting he wanted returned after she broke up with him'

George Zimmerman was arrested on Friday after the unidentified woman told police officers that the 31-year-old threw a bottle at her - but missed
Officers saw her flee the home and stopped her for not having her lights on
She told them she had been involved with Zimmerman since the end of last year - but that she should've known better than to go out with 'that psycho'
On Friday, it took authorities two hours to arrest Zimmerman because he refused to come to his front door despite their knocking
He has disputed the woman's story and was released on $5,000 bond

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2906956/In-report-Zimmerman-denies-throwing-bottle-ex-girlfriend.html#ixzz3OfJZ6w2T

I see a pattern here.
Whenever GZ feels neglected/rejected by the main female squeeze in his life, he has to turn to violence.
1. First gf: kicked her pg dog, attacked her
2. Wife, Shellie: turmoil in relationship, she goes to her Dad's home;
GZ kills Tryvon.
3. Wife, Shellie: Applies for divorce, GZ threatens Shellie, her dad with violence, damaged items in home.
4. Second gf breaks up with GZ : GZ breaks the coffee table, damages electronics, threatens physical damage against gf.
5. Last gf breaks up with GZ : GZ throws a bottle at her, damages electronics, glass is broken

This appears to be the normal "break up" routine with GZ...
He has had many run-ins while driving his car/truck. Not sure what triggers those...

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:39 pm

bob kealing @bobkealingwesh  ·  10h  
Breaking: State Attorney: will not file charges vs. #Zimmerman from Jan 9th arrest, cites victim recanting.

https://twitter.com/bobkealingwesh

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:45 pm

No charges filed against George Zimmerman

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 8:13 AM CST
Updated: Jan 30, 2015 8:14 AM CST

LAKE MARY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) - State Attorney Phil Archer announced Friday that his office will not file formal charges against George Zimmerman in connection with his arrest Jan. 9th for suspicion of aggravated assault in Lake Mary.

The office says it completed a review of the initial Lake Mary Police Department arrest report as well as additional written and oral statements submitted by the alleged victim after the arrest as part of the ongoing investigation.

"While it is clear that the officers had probable cause to arrest Mr. Zimmerman which was affirmed by the circuit court judge at initial appearances, the subsequent recantation by the victim of her initial statement along with new documents provided by the victim and her attorney precludes my office from proceeding further," Archer said.

Read more:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/27982734/no-charges-filed-against-george-zimmerman
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:25 am

Wow. So he gets away with it, again. Unbelievable!

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:33 am

George Zimmerman accuses Obama of inflaming racial tensions

By Jethro Mullen, CNN
Updated 8:52 AM ET, Tue March 24, 2015

"...CNN)George Zimmerman says he bears a grudge against President Obama, accusing him of inflaming racial tensions around the Trayvon Martin case.

Zimmerman, who was acquitted of murder in 2013 over Martin's death, made the allegations against Obama in a video posted on his lawyers' website. ..."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/24/us/george-zimmerman-obama-race-comments/index.html

"....Zimmerman also criticized Obama’s public response to the shooting, in which he said a month after the shooting, “if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,” and for the president’s holding a ceremony marking the anniversary of Martin’s death with the boy’s parents.

“For him to make incendiary comments as he did and direct the Department of Justice to pursue a baseless prosecution, he by far overstretched, overreached, even broke the law in certain aspects to where you have an innocent American being prosecuted by the federal government which should never happen,” Zimmerman said...."

"...Asked if he wished his confrontation with Martin had turned out differently, Zimmerman suggested that he did not. “Had I had a fraction of the thought that I could have done something differently, acted differently so that both of us who survived, then I would have heavier weight on my shoulders,” Zimmerman said. ..."

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/george-zimmerman-blames-obama-racial-tension
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:38 am

Short story and 13 min vid:

"...In the video, Zimmerman compared his ideals to those of Anne Frank, saying, “I still believe that people are truly good at heart, as Anne Frank has said, and I will put myself in any position to help another human in any way I can.”

He said he would only feel guilty for Martin’s death if he thought he could have saved both Martin’s life and his own that night....."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/03/24/george-zimmerman-compares-himself-to-anne-frank-blames-obama-for-his-woes/

(This is from a person who has multiple run ins with the law over domestic violence...Anne Frank he is NOT. )
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 11, 2015 2:32 pm

George Zimmerman shot in face in Florida, TV station reports

By  Carlie Kollath Wells, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune  
on May 11, 2015 at 1:14 PM, updated May 11, 2015 at 1:25 PM

George Zimmerman has been shot in the face in Florida, according to WFTV.com. The report said the injuries are believed to be minor.

Authorities told WFTV.com that Zimmerman was shot during a hostile confrontation with another driver.

Read more:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/05/zimmerman_shot_face_florida.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 11, 2015 2:35 pm

George Zimmerman Involved In Florida Shooting

The Huffington Post    |  By  Michael McLaughlin  
Posted:  05/11/2015 2:13 pm EDT    Updated:  4 minutes ago

The oft-troubled George Zimmerman was involved in a shooting near Orlando on Monday.

Zimmerman, a lighting rod figure in the debate over gun rights, was shot in a dispute with another man, Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell told WESH TV.

The station reported that Zimmerman appeared to suffer a minor gunshot wound.

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/11/george-zimmerman-shooting_n_7258706.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Video Shows Scene of Reported Shooting Incident Involving George Zimmerman

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbc-news/video-shows-scene-of-reported-shooting-incident-involving-george-zimmerman-443304003655
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 11, 2015 2:44 pm

George Zimmerman wounded in Florida shooting

By Michael Muskal  

May 11, 2015, 11:37 AM

George Zimmerman, who has had a series of legal scrapes since he was acquitted in the death of Trayvon Martin, was involved in a shooting in Lake Mary, Fla., police said Monday..

Zimmerman was being taken to a hospital for treatment and the other man who was involved in the incident is being questioned by authorities, Deputy Police Chief Colin Morgan told the Los Angeles Times.

Early reports were that the two men had a confrontation during which Zimmerman was shot.

It was not known if Zimmerman was armed, Morgan said.

Zimmerman apparently suffered a minor gunshot wound, WESH-TV reported, citing the police chief.

Read more:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-george-zimmerman-shooting-20150511-story.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Maybe the shooter felt intimidated by GZ and felt GZ was stalking him?
Yeah....That should work!

Why am I not surprised by this incident.
Is it because it has been a while since GZ was in the media?
Is it time to escalate it and make GZ a "victim" now?

shifty
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu May 14, 2015 12:37 am

"..... Documents show detectives are investigating the shooting as a possible aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill. There is no timetable on when they will decide on whether any charges are warranted.

Police appealed to the public for help, believing "there is someone that saw something" on the busy road, Lake Mary Officer Bianca Gillett said.

Zimmerman and Apperson were involved in a road-rage episode last September.
Apperson said Zimmerman had threatened to kill him after Apperson made a U-turn that put him in an adjacent lane, asking "Do you know who I am?" Apperson decided not to pursue charges and police officers were unable to move forward without a license plate number or witnesses.

Two days later, Apperson called police to report that Zimmerman's truck was parked near the disability-benefits office. Zimmerman told police officers that he had an appointment in the same office park, and no charges were filed.

West refused to say where Zimmerman was now living. Zimmerman doesn't have a regular-paying job, and will stay in central Florida to cooperate with the investigation "until he is no longer needed," West said.

"He was getting settled," West said. "His plan was to be around for a couple of days and go back.".....

Read more:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawyer-man-zimmerman-shooting-acted-defense-31003511
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri May 15, 2015 4:14 pm

Audio and text

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/new-details-expected-george-zimmerman-road-rage-sh/nmHMK/

"....Zimmerman suffered minor injuries from flying glass and debris.

Both Apperson's and Zimmerman's weapons were being carried legally, authorities said.

There's no word on whether it's the same gun that Zimmerman used to kill 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford in 2012. Zimmerman was acquitted in that shooting in 2013....."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/new-details-expected-george-zimmerman-road-rage-sh/nmHMK/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri May 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Cops: Matthew Apperson arrested after shooting involving George Zimmerman

".....Zimmerman and Apperson clashed twice in September. Both times, Apperson declined to press charges against him.

After Monday's incident, Apperson told police that Zimmerman pointed a gun at him and said "I'm going to kill you," a police report shows.

Apperson said that's why he fired one shot into the car, according to the police report. He declined to answer more questions.

On Wednesday, Zimmerman told a much different version of the story. Zimmerman told police that he was making a U-turn on West Lake Mary Boulevard when Apperson drove up behind him and yelled "You remember me, you fat [expletive]?" through his open passenger's side window.

Zimmerman told police he did not recognize Apperson, according to a police report.

Zimmerman claimed Apperson kept yelling at him: "You owe me your life. The only reason I didn't press charges on you is because I wanted to kill you myself."

Zimmerman told police he laughed at Apperson and called him a "clown."

According to Zimmerman, he made the U-turn and tried to drive away, but Apperson pulled up next to him and fired....."

".....In September, Apperson called police and said Zimmerman threatened to shoot him during a road-rage incident. Apperson did not want to press charges, and no one was arrested.

Two days later, he called police again saying he thought Zimmerman was following him.

Lake Mary Police officers found Zimmerman in his truck nearby. He said he had a doctor's appointment, and spoke with the officers calmly, video footage from an officer's body camera showed.

Apperson again declined to press charges....."

Rather lengthy...They have a history together from at least last fallL

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman/os-matthew-apperson-arrested-george-zimmerman-20150515-story.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri May 15, 2015 8:29 pm

BTW
The gunshot pierced the side window.
Broken glass splattered on GZ.
NO bullet grazed him.

(After the way he brandished weapons at two prior girl friends, his wife and killed Trayvon with a gun, he has EARNED whatever fear he may have had when a shot was fired near him. JMO.)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Shooter had 'fixation' on George Zimmerman, history of mental illness, police report says

".....ORLANDO, Fla. –  A police report says a man charged with shooting at George Zimmerman last week had "a fixation" on the former neighborhood watch leader.

The report made public Tuesday also says 36-year-old Matthew Apperson had recently been admitted to a mental institution and had shown signs of paranoia, anxiety and bipolar disorder...."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/19/shooter-had-fixation-on-george-zimmerman-history-mental-illness-police-report/

BS

GZ was seeing a counselor PRIOR to shooting Trayvon.
GZ was medicated at the time he was arrested.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:36 pm

Trayvon Martin would have celebrated his 21st birthday this month .... Sad
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:25 am

Good article on how each of the candidates expressed their thots on Trayvon's death, jury trial, and justice:

Trayvon Martin Was Killed 4 Years Ago. Here’s What Our Next President Said About Him.
BY CARIMAH TOWNES FEB 26, 2016 1:01 PM

"...Four years ago today, Trayvon Martin was shot dead by George Zimmerman in Sanford, Florida. The 17-year-old hadn’t committed any crimes. He was merely walking to his temporary home, Skittles in hand, when Zimmerman attacked him.
Although he wasn’t killed by police, Martin inspired the Black Lives Matter movement because his death — and the smear campaign waged against him — was a prime example of anti-black violence. His name has also come up in the presidential race.
His mother, Sybrina Fulton, just joined black mothers of other police and gun violence victims to support Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, because Clinton was listening to their stories when nobody else would.

“Nobody else listened to us,” she said at a campaign event in South Carolina this week. “She never made the first promise about what she’s going to do when she gets in office. What she did say was that she’ll make every effort to make change, and we believe that.”

Here’s a look at what the other presidential candidates — Democrats and Republicans — have said about Martin and his killer since 2012: ..."

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/02/26/3754134/trayvon-martin-fourth-anniversary/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:26 am

Quick review of this case:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/03/18/446768/what-everyone-should-know-about-about-trayvon-martin-1995-2012/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:29 am

Florida Removes Aggravated Assault from “10-20-Life”

Posted by Andrew Branca Friday, February 26, 2016 at 11:30am

"...Today marks the fourth anniversary of the fateful day on which Trayvon Martin made the imprudent and quickly fatal decision to viciously beat (as testified to by eye witnesses) an armed George Zimmerman.

Presumably coincidentally timed with anniversary, Florida has made or is making a couple of substantive changes in its laws covering some key facets of self-defense.

The first change actually made this week is that Florida has removed the crime of aggravated assault from among the gun crimes that fall subject to the state’s infamous “10-20-Life” mandatory minimum sentencing requirement. We’ll cover that change in this post. (We’ve previously written on proposals for this change, here: Changes Proposed to Florida’s Infamous “10-20-Life” Sentencing Law.)

The second change has not yet taken effect, but is advancing through the legislature. That is the Florida senate approval of a change to the state’s self-defense immunity law that would require state prosecutors to disprove self-defense by clear and convincing evidence in order to deny a defendant immunity from prosecution (and civil suit). We’ll cover that prospective change in a subsequent post.

For now, let’s take a look at the changes to “10-20-Life” signed into law this week.

Aggravated Assault Removed from “10-20-Life”

The phrase “10-20-Life” has long been the easier to enunciate shorthand label for Florida statute §775.087 Possession or use of weapon; aggravated battery; felony reclassification; minimum sentence. That statute applies certain mandatory minimum sentences for various types of gun use in conjunction with certain enumerated violent and/or drug crimes.

In general, “10-20-Life” works as follows:

“10”: Mere possession of a firearm in conjunction with one of the enumerated crimes mandates a minimum sentence of 10 years upon conviction of the charged felony. (In the case of a few of the enumerated crimes, including aggravated assault, the mandatory minimum would be a lesser 3 years.)

“20”: Discharge of a firearm in conjunction with one of the enumerated crimes mandates a minimum sentence of 20 years upon conviction of the charged felony. This applies even where no one is injured as a result of the firearm being discharged. (There is no “carve out” for any of the enumerated crimes in this instance, and discharge of a firearm in conjunction with aggravated assault carries the 20-year mandatory minimum.)

“Life”: Causing death or grave bodily harm to a person as a result of the discharge of a firearm in conjunction of one of the enumerated crimes mandates a minimum sentence of 25 years to life upon conviction of the charged felony...."

Much more:
http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/02/florida-removes-aggravated-assault-from-10-20-life/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu May 12, 2016 12:36 am

And he is back! Just when you thot the neighborhood was getting safer to walk thru...

George Zimmerman Is Auctioning Off Gun Used in Trayvon Martin Shooting
May. 12, 2016 12:00am

".....Here’s the item’s full description, as listed on the auction’s page:

Prospective bidders, I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American Firearm Icon. The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012. The gun is a Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm. It has recently been returned to me by the Department of Justice. The pistol currently has the case number written on it in silver permanent marker. Many have expressed interest in owning and displaying the firearm including The Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. This is a piece of American History. It has been featured in several publications and in current University text books. Offers to purchase the Firearm have been received; however, the offers were to use the gun in a fashion I did not feel comfortable with. The firearm is fully functional as the attempts by the Department of Justice on behalf of B. Hussein Obama to render the firearm inoperable were thwarted by my phenomenal Defense Attorney. I recognize the purchaser’s ownership and right to do with the firearm as they wish. The purchaser is guaranteed validity and authenticity of the firearm. On this day, 5/11/2016 exactly one year after the shooting attempt to end my life by BLM sympathizer Matthew Apperson I am proud to announce that a portion of the proceeds will be used to: fight BLM violence against Law Enforcement officers, ensure the demise of Angela Correy’s persecution career and Hillary Clinton’s anti-firearm rhetoric. Now is your opportunity to own a piece of American History. Good Luck. Your friend, George M. Zimmerman ~Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum~ ...."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/12/george-zimmerman-is-auctioning-off-gun-used-in-trayvon-martin-shooting/

From comment section:
".....Apple Bite -May. 12, 2016 at 12:31am
5K for a PF-9??? You realize how many assorted Glocks and Sig Sauers I could buy instead??...."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe Thu May 12, 2016 2:43 am

i notice in the article, the full magazine with the bullets...IMO the FBI/DOJ would not return the ammo to him, as it can be loaded into the gun and used against them when it is returned.
colsnipe
colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:46 am

George Zimmerman says he was punched for discussing Trayvon Martin case
Published August 04, 2016

"....The Orlando Sentinel, citing a report from the Seminole County Sheriff's Office, reported that Zimmerman claimed to be recognized by another patron, Joseph Whitmer, after Zimmerman complimented his Confederate flag tattoos.

Zimmerman said he confirmed that he had shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and was discussing the case when another man walked up, asked "You're bragging about that?", then told Zimmerman to "get the [expletive] out" of the restaurant.

After Zimmerman went back to his table, the report says the man walked over, said "Didn’t I tell you to get the [expletive] out of here?" then punched Zimmerman in the face.

Zimmerman said the man who hit him fled on a blue Harley-Davidson motorcycle. A Sheriff's Office spokeswoman said the man could face battery charges.

However, the owner of the restaurant, Gators Riverside in Sanford, said Zimmerman argued with the other man, but no punches were thrown.

Ed Winters told the Sentinel that Zimmerman's 911 call prompted a full response from police and firefighters that he said was "blown out of proportion."

Everywhere this guy goes he causes controversy,” said Winters, who added that Zimmerman was no longer welcome at the restaurant. “You’d think he’d keep a low profile." ...."

More, of course!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/04/george-zimmerman-says-was-punched-for-discussing-trayvon-martin-case.html

awe
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:15 am

Man who shot at George Zimmerman sentenced to 20 years in prison for attempted murder

"...... Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson gave Apperson the state-mandated minimum sentence, which is 20 years for shooting at another person with a gun......"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3844276/Man-gets-20-years-shooting-George-Zimmermans-vehicle.html

Makes no sense to me!

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:31 pm

ENTERTAINMENT
9 hours ago
George Zimmmerman reportedly threatens Jay-Z, prompts Snoop Dogg response

"... George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of murder and manslaughter charges in the killing of Trayvon Martin, is reportedly feuding with two rap stars after reportedly threatening Jay-Z over an upcoming documentary.

The Blast, a celebrity gossip site, reported that Zimmerman said he would feed Jay-Z to an “alligator” over a production team harassing his family in Florida. The site reported that Jay-Z is producing a documentary on the 2012 killing.

“I know how to handle people who f---k with me,” he reportedly told the site. “I have since February 2012.”

Zimmerman reportedly did not go into details about the alleged harassment, but the threat prompted Snoop Dogg to post on Instagram, “If one hair on Jays hair is touched that’s when the revolution will b (sic) televised.”

Zimmerman was cleared of all charges in the shooting of Martin, the unarmed black teenager whose killing unleashed furious debate across the U.S. over racial profiling, self-defense and equal justice...."

"...The Blast’s report said that the documentary was going to be based off the Lisa Bloom book called, “Suspicious Nation.” The Weinstein Company was going to make the movie with Jay-Z, the report said.

The movie’s fate is unclear after the Weinstein sex scandal, the report said. ..."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/12/18/george-zimmmerman-reportedly-threatens-jay-z-prompts-snoop-dogg-response.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 07, 2018 7:04 pm

George Zimmerman charged with stalking private eye working on Jay-Z project

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/george-zimmerman-charged-stalking-private-eye-working-jay-z-project-n872111

George Zimmerman charged with misdemeanor stalking

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/386564-george-zimmerman-charged-with-misdemeanor-stalking
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:46 am

'He can't stay away from trouble. He's toxic!' George Zimmerman enters no contest plea in stalking case and gets 12 months probation

"...The private investigator said he didn't think Zimmerman could get through a year without violating his probation.

The private investigator was hired by a documentary filmmaker who was working on a series on Trayvon Martin, the black teen who was fatally shot by Zimmerman in 2012

The private investigator was hired by a documentary filmmaker who was working on a series on Trayvon Martin, the black teen who was fatally shot by Zimmerman in 2012

'He can't stay away from trouble. He's toxic,' Warren said.

Zimmerman was accused of sending threatening messages to Warren. The private investigator was hired by a documentary filmmaker who was working on a series on Trayvon Martin, the black teen who was fatally shot by Zimmerman in 2012.

Reading a victim impact statement in court, Warren said Zimmerman made scores of harassing emails and telephone calls, threatening the private investigator and his family starting last December. The threats included details about his life that few people knew, such as where he was traveling and on what airline, said Warren, who got extra security for his house. ...."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6383345/George-Zimmerman-enter-no-contest-plea-stalking-case.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20