Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

+23
Soprano1
ishi
CuriousPortlander
Summertime
DebFrmHell
KimmyK
One Wonders
Alessandra_Deux
FystyAngel
Cubs Fan
Gizmo711
vegret
justanopinion
auburn99girl
ClaireUncensored
Pianist
Mari 68
sitemama
WeeBonnie
colsnipe
LottieM
auman58
carlakay
27 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 Empty George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:13 pm

MOM is using inciteful words against Trayvon as he paints GZ as some sort of heroic angel interested only in protecting his community.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 Empty Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:48 pm

4:23

Kathi Belich, WFTV@KBelichWFTV
#Zimmerman lied on national TV. No jury should take his word on anything--especially that #TrayvonMartin was the aggressor. #Zimmermanon9

State is arguing against defense for acquittal.
Actually, it is a decent presentation supported by facts.

http://www.wftv.com/s/zimmerman-livestream/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 Empty Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:55 pm

4:32

Comment From Edward Fernandez
He had MMA training, why didnt he use that as self defense? GZ had 50 pounds on TM. We shouldnt use the stand your ground law to justifiably kill someone when there are other means to defend yourself

4:36

Comment From Noah
It's annoying to see so many people say we "those for GZ" and we "those for TM". None of you should BE for ANYONE. You are spectators just like the rest of us and none of you are in Zimmerman's seat and none of you are in Trayvon's parent's seat. If you take a step back instead of playing Team Whatever, you'd see both sides have valid points. Unfortunately a kid is dead in the midst of all this. The only thing I stand behind is that you can't say someone was on top of you above the waste, wrestling with you but then be so skilled to pull your gun from your waist and shoot the person right in their heart. Just doesn't make sense. But at the same time, I'm not sure if Zimmerman purposely mean to kill Trayvon. We shall see...

4:36

O'Mara: #Zimmerman showed restraint in justifiable use of force: he shot #TrayvonMartin 40 secs. after being beaten. #Zimmermanon9

4:39

O'Mara says #Zimmerman's versions were inconsistent because of trauma after the incident. #Zimmermanon9

4:48

Comment From J
Mike C.: I'd like to know why a petrified GZ, who was safely ensconced in his SUV with TM supposedly approaching him, decided he needed to get out of his car to locate this supposed address. Why did he not drive the SUV, the one he was safely inside of, to a location he could get an address? Because he didn't want another A-Hole to get away. This defies all logic.

4:52

Judge denies the judgment of acquittal. #Zimmermanon9

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:57 pm

The state has formally rested its case against #GeorgeZimmerman. Defense calls its first witness. #Zimmermanon9

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:58 pm

4:57

Comment From paying attention
GZ's mother fist witness

4:58

Comment From Guest
There was a wink to her son... Nice lol

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:10 pm

State:
Def was armed, outweighed the victim by 40 or more pounds, there was a chase, there was a struggle; def had MMA training, minimal injuries to def, exaggerated injuries by def; went on national TV show and told huge lies re self defense laws in FL; the only with true knowledge of what happened is the guy who went on Sean Hannity and LIED; says GZ has been studying this for years; no traces of DNA? How did that happen? GZ stating the screaming did not sound like him, the screams stopping with the firing of the gun; evidence of the wound to victim shows def was leaning OVER Trayvon when the shot was fired; did the ice tea in hoody pull down the clothing?

Horrific struggle with 25 or more head slams to cement yet one neat hole to the heart; no body heard 50 screams; no one heard the head slams; even if Trayvon was shot in self defense does not end the discussion; WAS IT REASONABLE? Def's attitude and history, extent of injuries... not needed but WHY exaggerate and make them something they aren't? He stated he KNEW the PD were going to be right there; the acct to the best friend was GZ attempted to scoot off the sidewalk when Trayvon was seated on him --- when TM noticed the firearm and GZ pulled it to fire it directly into the heart of TM? Who was really attempting to defend self?

State continues by presenting case law and testimony.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:11 pm

5:07

Mesa says he's in court as #GeorgeZimmerman's uncle and not as law enforcement. #Zimmermanon9

5:10

Comment From tiger
TM father said it was not his son, why dont the state put him on the stand
5:10

#Zimmerman's uncle testifying that it's his nephew's voice on the 911 tape. #Zimmermanon9

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:13 pm

well yet another witness for the state has left me with a major migraine..WTH would a medical examiner behave this way?!! no need to answer this question anybody..I already know. grrrrrrr
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:16 pm

5:16

Comment From Will75
George didn't even know it was his voice. How would his uncle know that!!!!!!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:18 pm

carlakay wrote:well yet another witness for the state has left me with a major migraine..WTH would a medical examiner behave this way?!! no need to answer this question anybody..I already know. grrrrrrr

Do you have an active and current link?
I am still listening to this motion for acquittal despite the blog showing the def has called witnesses...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:20 pm

GZ thot Trayvon was on drugs?
Huh?
GZ was the one who was drugged at the time!!!
BTW, what was there that made GZ suspect TM was on dr4ugs?
Has to be out front since GZ is NOT a doctor, a behavioral therapist, etc.

But we DO know GZ was drugged up!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:29 pm

no link freckles..I been watching this trial on HLN onlywhich is absolutely excruciating for me. (more than likely the reason it has me so fired up too despite muting thru ALL the commercials and "spins" from TH)
I was just commenting on the medical examiners entire testimony during direct and cross today..unfrigginbelievable if ya ask me.
I dosed off some during MOMS latest appeal but frankly I actually expected her to grant it after that mess of an ME pulled this crap today.
Also I have just got to say this to somebody..he sure as hell dont speak "the queens english" either but bet not one single soul comments bout that tonight on any of these damn "news" shows on HLN!
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:36 pm

lol! MOM's voice is one I can sleep to. It is so monotone and lacks variance. I don't like his sound as he always sounds like he is pandering... yeech! I would hate to be caught in an elevator with him... he has that pasted on smile.

My link apparently accidentally looped. I just finished listening to the motion for acquittal while following a live blog. Now I am up to the first def witness... and the blog has rested for the night! lol Go figure!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:46 pm

GZ's uncle, who testified, is in LE and assigned to court house currently...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Freckles wrote:GZ's uncle, who testified, is in LE and assigned to court house currently...

for those following who cant quiet understand why I have been so disgusted with all of this please note the quote above^^^^^^^^^^^^
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Freckles wrote:GZ thot Trayvon was on drugs?
Huh?
GZ was the one who was drugged at the time!!!
BTW, what was there that made GZ suspect TM was on dr4ugs?
Has to be out front since GZ is NOT a doctor, a behavioral therapist, etc.

But we DO know GZ was drugged up!

Ok I got a logical answer for the question I bolded above..TM was talking on the phone when GZ first spotted him..right? TM continued to talk on the phone as he noticed GZ eyeballing him..this is fact as the phone records prove it.Now most folks when asked to close their eyes and visualize a person talking on the phone is gonna imagine someone with their hand raised up to their ear right? But TM was using an ear piece..neither hand was raised yet nonetheless he was carrying on a normal conversation with his friend..to an already suspiciously alert GZ it is easy to see how he could of mistook this type of body language as..on drugs..up to something..definitely something wrong with.The fact TM was using an ear piece,for me,was a very important fact that helped in forming my opinion about this case.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:22 pm

The Medical Examiner's testimony was a total fiasco.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:40 pm

July 5, 2013

George Zimmerman Trial - Day 9 - Part 1 (Sybrina Fulton)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN_16PWph94

George Zimmerman Trial - Day 9 - Part 2 (Medical Examiner - Trayvon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg0Tlyswcm4

George Zimmerman Trial - Day 9 - Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EgZY-1xs70
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 pm

George Zimmerman Trial - Day 9 - Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo_Zm64pWLM

George Zimmerman Trial - Day 9 - Part 5 (Motion for Acquittal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btd_kNw72TM

George Zimmerman Trial - Day 9 - Part 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nz9NlV8HMs
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Mothers' testimony opens, closes day in Zimmerman trial

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

The prosecutors rested their case in the George Zimmerman trial on Friday, and the defense called its first witness: Zimmerman's mother. She testified that it was her son screaming during the 911 call, not Trayvon Martin. Earlier in the day, Martin's mother said it was her son screaming on the 911 tape. Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. NBC's Ron Mott reports.

By James Novogrod, Tom Winter and Tracy Connor, NBC News

The prosecution in the George Zimmerman trial rested its case and the defense began putting on witnesses Friday – a day of testimony bookended by the appearance of two mothers on the witness stand.

As the state wound down its presentation, it called Trayvon Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, to identify her son as the person screaming in the background of a 911 call made during his  confrontation with Zimmerman.

Eight hours later, the defense called as its first witness Gladys Zimmerman, who told the court she was certain the screams came from her son. The defense case continues on Monday.

Read more:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/05/19303036-mothers-testimony-opens-closes-day-in-zimmerman-trial
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Zimmerman trial judge is no-nonsense

Yamiche Alcindor and Steph Solis, USA TODAY  | 1 a.m. EDT July 5, 2013

Debra Nelson has made a name for herself in Florida as a tough-on-defendants judge. Now her legal bearing is at the heart of one of the nation's most sensitive murder trials.

SANFORD, Fla.-- When a 39-year-old woman snatched a baby from a Florida hospital in 2008, Circuit Judge Debra Nelson wasn't swayed by the fact that the child was missing for only about an hour. She sentenced the kidnapper to 30 years in prison.

Nelson is in the spotlight again as the presiding judge in one of America's most controversial murder cases: the killing of Trayvon Martin. Her reputation among some as a tough-on-defendants judge may be transformed as she balances both sides of the emotionally charged debate about why George Zimmerman fatally shot the 17-year-old.

"Lawyers appearing before her know that her reputation is to be a law-oriented, no-nonsense judge," said Daniel Gerber an Orlando defense attorney who argued a civil case before Nelson. "We know not to cross that line."

Read more:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/04/debra-nelson-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-judge-sanford/2487621/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:24 pm

The timeline doesn't coincide with the hypotheses that Trayvon could have been alive for one to three minutes, or one to ten minutes, after Zimmerman had fatally shot him.

The gunshot was heard at 7:16:11 p.m. in the 911 call.

According to the reports that were provided by the first officers that arrived at the scene of the crime, Trayvon died almost instantly after he was shot through the heart.

"The report consists in part of partial reports by Officer Timothy Smith, who responded at 1917 hrs (7:17 pm) to Zimmerman’s 911 call, He was the first officer to arrive at the scene of the shooting, and Officer Ricardo Ayala, who was the second officer to arrive.

Smith arrested Zimmerman and retrieved his gun. Ayala checked Martin, who was lying face down in the grass with his hands underneath him, for a pulse but was unable to detect one.

Sergeant Raimondo arrived next. After unsuccessfully checking Martin for a pulse, he and Ayala turned Martin over and began to administer CPR with one doing compressions and the other mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. They were unable to revive Martin."
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:The timeline doesn't coincide with the hypotheses that Trayvon could have been alive for one to three minutes, or one to ten minutes, after Zimmerman had fatally shot him.

According to the reports that were provided by the first officers that arrived at the scene of the crime, Trayvon died almost instantly after he was shot through the heart.

"The report consists in part of partial reports by Officer Timothy Smith, who responded at 1917 hrs (7:17 pm) to Zimmerman’s 911 call, He was the first officer to arrive at the scene of the shooting, and Officer Ricardo Ayala, who was the second officer to arrive.

Smith arrested Zimmerman and retrieved his gun. Ayala checked Martin, who was lying face down in the grass with his hands underneath him, for a pulse but was unable to detect one.

Sergeant Raimondo arrived next. After unsuccessfully checking Martin for a pulse, he and Ayala turned Martin over and began to administer CPR with one doing compressions and the other mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. They were unable to revive Martin."

Does GZ know CPR?
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:47 pm

auman58, I don't know if Zimmerman knows how to administer CPR, that is an issue that has never been brought up at the trial.

My comment was about the Medical Examiner's testimony. During cross examination, Don West questioned him about his differing opinions regarding how long it would have taken Trayvon to die after the fatal shot.

It is my opinion that the testimonies of the first officers at the scene of the crime, and their statements on the police reports, directly contradict the Medical Examiner's hypotheses.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:34 am

We know for a fact that Zimmerman didn't make an attempt to "help" Trayvon. He has claimed that he didn't know that Trayvon was dead, and that he didn't think that he had shot him after he fired his gun directly into his chest , but during one of his interviews, he told the interviewing officer "I took my gun aimed it at him and fired". His gun was loaded with hollow point bullets, hollow point bullets cause extreme expansion on impact. He knew that Trayvon was dead.

In the re-enactment video, Zimmerman said that when "the man with a flashlight" approached him, and told him that he was going to call the police, he told him not to call the police and asked him to help him restrain Trayvon, But, Jonathan Manalo, "the man with the flashlight", never said during his testimony that Zimmerman had told him "help me restrain this guy".  I wonder if that is what Zimmerman said to John Good when he told him that he was going to call the police.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:35 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:The timeline doesn't coincide with the hypotheses that Trayvon could have been alive for one to three minutes, or one to ten minutes, after Zimmerman had fatally shot him.

Excellent observation. ^^^^^^
Also, GZ told Sean Hannity in the TV interview the first PD officer arrived within 15-30 seconds of GZ pulling the trigger.

Did the officer have his siren on as he approached the housing complex?
Did he have siren or flashing lights on when he cleared the gate?
IF he did, I must speculate GZ HAD to have heard. After all, GZ had been on the phone with NEN at Sanford PD and was WAITING their arrival. Right?

Raimondo found no pulse with Trayvon. That was seconds after he had been shot by GZ, you know, the guy who swore he had his head bashed into the sidewalk 25-30 times? The guy who sported two HUGE butterfly bandages on his head for a 2 cm and smaller "abrasion" to his head....

I doubt GZ was in a mind set of doing CPR even if he knew how...
GZ was not into saving a life that night...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:38 am

Aless-
It was painful to listen and watch BAO on the stand.
Usually, the ME helps cement a case.
Bao lost this case.
Because he had "scripted" his responses without notifying the prosecution, I have to wonder if he was nervous and was trying to "get his thots" together. With such a heavy accent, I wondered if he should have requested a translator.

This was horrible.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:09 am

Freckles wrote:Aless-
It was painful to listen and watch BAO on the stand.
Usually, the ME helps cement a case.
Bao lost this case.
Because he had "scripted" his responses without notifying the prosecution, I have to wonder if he was nervous and was trying to "get his thots" together. With such a heavy accent, I wondered if he should have requested a translator.

This was horrible.

Horrible is an understatement, it was a total disaster.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:42 am

I see this case differently than most (if not all since I haven't read this entire thread) of you do. It is a tragedy for sure, however Travon is not an innocent babe here. He was spoiling for a fight because -as he told his gf- a creepy (^)&^%& cracker was following him and he did not go home. Instead, he assaulted Zimmerman and a stupid obviously one-sided fight ensued with Travon getting in all the punches and Z none...until the gun came out.
There was a gun...and in all cases when people are packing heat for their own protection, the gun is up for grabs for whoever gets to it first in a confrontation. No one knows if Travon really was going for Z's gun or not, but Z (I'm sure because he seems like a bit of a wussy to me) felt scared and I believe he panicked and shot him in the heat of the moment. I do believe Z felt it was self defense and since Travon was killed we have no way of knowing how much more damage he would have done to Z if he had not been shot.
We have to keep in mind that Z didn't know who was beating him up. There had been breakins and for all he knew the guy on him was a bad mfer perhaps packing heat his own self. There was no time for Z to find out this was a teenager with a bag of skittles and some watermelon tea because Travon jumped him before any bit of civilized conversation took place between them.
Travon was suspicious because it is not normal to be wandering in other people's yards in the rain taking your good old time doing it. And yes, Z did say he thought the guy might be on drugs...well, the toxicology report confirmed that he had marijuana in his system.
Z obviously did get his head slammed into the sidewalk. It might not look like much, but if it were you getting your head slammed you might wonder if it was going to stop before you went unconscious. I think Z's fears were valid.
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:51 am

Freckles,

I observed today how West was trying to drive "the THC truck" through the back door of the courthouse the minute the Medical Examiner mentioned that he had changed his mind about the effects of the small amount of THC that was found in Trayvon's system, he had initially stated that it couldn't cause impairment, but the judge stopped West on his tracks and told him that her ruling about Trayvon's toxicology report was going to stand.

I found extremely weird the Medical Examiner said during direct that he wanted to talk to the jury about the autopsy report and the toxicology report, even though the prosecution had previously told him they were not going to talk about the toxicology report because there was a court order prohibiting the lawyers from mentioning the THC.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:00 am

LottieM wrote:I see this case differently than most (if not all since I haven't read this entire thread) of you do. It is a tragedy for sure, however Travon is not an innocent babe here. He was spoiling for a fight because -as he told his gf- a creepy (^)&^%& cracker was following him and he did not go home. Instead, he assaulted Zimmerman and a stupid obviously one-sided fight ensued with Travon getting in all the punches and Z none...until the gun came out.
There was a gun...and in all cases when people are packing heat for their own protection, the gun is up for grabs for whoever gets to it first in a confrontation. No one knows if Travon really was going for Z's gun or not, but Z (I'm sure because he seems like a bit of a wussy to me) felt scared and I believe he panicked and shot him in the heat of the moment. I do believe Z felt it was self defense and since Travon was killed we have no way of knowing how much more damage he would have done to Z if he had not been shot.
We have to keep in mind that Z didn't know who was beating him up. There had been breakins and for all he knew the guy on him was a bad mfer perhaps packing heat his own self. There was no time for Z to find out this was a teenager with a bag of skittles and some watermelon tea because Travon jumped him before any bit of civilized conversation took place between them.
Travon was suspicious because it is not normal to be wandering in other people's yards in the rain taking your good old time doing it. And yes, Z did say he thought the guy might be on drugs...well, the toxicology report confirmed that he had marijuana in his system.
Z obviously did get his head slammed into the sidewalk. It might not look like much, but if it were you getting your head slammed you might wonder if it was going to stop before you went unconscious. I think Z's fears were valid.

Best Posting Of The  Best Posting Of The  Best Posting Of The  Best Posting Of The  
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:00 am

Traces of Marijuana Found in Trayvon Martin’s Body: Does It Matter?

Read more: http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/18/traces-of-marijuana-found-in-trayvon-martins-body-does-it-matter-2/#ixzz2YL9QF9pc

List of United States politicians who admit to cannabis use

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_politicians_who_admit_to_cannabis_use
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:42 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:List of United States politicians who admit to cannabis use

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_politicians_who_admit_to_cannabis_use

LOL! I have known several individuals with chronic illness who used marijuana to help alleviate the problems and pains of the diseases as well as to ease the medical treatment. One person, a male nurse, used it daily to alleviate the pain of liver failure prior to his death... My cousin died recently from brain cancer and marijuana helped her deal with the pain, the chemo, and stimulated her appetite. BTW, I have known of no one getting speeding or reckless driving tickets while under the influence unlike the many accidents and deaths related to alcohol.

Re walking in the rain:
I love walking in the rain! When the kids were little, I used to send them outside to play in the rain and to help me collect the fresh rain water. I would tell them God made them wash and wear, drip-dry. We used to take walks around the block listening to the rain as it sounded off in the leaves of different trees. (We had a huge pine tree. If you got under the branches, you could sit there and be perfectly dry while it poured all around you.)

I see nothing "suspicious" re walking in the rain.
I see something wrong with following a person whether it is raining or not.
And when a person is told, "We don't need you to do that...." I have to wonder about the call to NEN.
Why call them IF you don't care to listen to the advice and authority they offer?
IF you were afraid, why would you then get out of the safety of a vehicle and hoof it after the person who sposedly gives you the jitters? Makes no sense, IMO.

GZ has lied repeatedly to media and PD.
His credibility is shot w/me.
As is is wife's credibility...
And the "dancing" MOM who screams media is too involved...
Or the book publishing "friends and family"....
There is a time and place and when a trial is to begin or is going on is NOT the time to "profit" from the tragedy.
Plenty of time later on.

I AM glad this jury is sequestered.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME

Trouble embedding with this new program...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:55 am

George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013 Blog-rain
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:04 am

Freckles wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME

Trouble embedding with this new program...

for you Freckles...
colsnipe
colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:23 am

I don't believe the uncle's story at all. Randomly having the TV (but not watching) on while the tape played - and not knowing a thing about the 911 call. Not knowing details of the case. What a perfect little story. Sorry, no sale.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Freckles....TM wasn't out there playing in the rain as you describe the fun you and your children had doing such. Just sayin'.

I know human beings generally feel sorry for the dead person no matter what. And I do feel for Travon and his family! But there are lessons to be learned from this mess....1) don't be an overzealous neighborhood watch person and 2) if you're not up to anything then there is no need to start a fight over some (&^&(& cracker following you because well...for all Travon knew this (&^)&& cracker was not following him and was maybe new to the neighborhood and lost or something. 3) 2 people acting too big for their britches are now ruined. One is dead, the other is living in ruin.

PS...thank you auman58!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Zimmerman jury to ponder conflicting testimony

Jurors in the George Zimmerman trial are heading into their weekend with a lot of courtroom drama and conflicting testimony to digest.

By KYLE HIGHTOWER and MIKE SCHNEIDER
The Associated Press

Originally published July 5, 2013 at 6:37 AM | Page modified July 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM

SANFORD, Fla. — Jurors in the George Zimmerman trial are heading into their weekend with a lot of courtroom drama and conflicting testimony to digest.

Friday's action-packed session saw the prosecution rest its case, and the judge reject a defense request to acquit Zimmerman of second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year.

~Snipped~

O'Mara said he could rest his case as soon as next week.

Immediately after the state rested Friday, he asked Nelson to acquit Zimmerman, arguing that the prosecution had failed to prove its case.

O'Mara said an "enormous" amount of evidence showed that Zimmerman acted in self-defense, and he argued that Zimmerman had reasonable grounds to believe he was in danger, and acted without the "ill will, hatred and spite" necessary to prove second-degree murder.

But prosecutor Richard Mantei countered: "There are two people involved here. One of them is dead, and one of them is a liar."

Mantei told the judge that Zimmerman had changed his story, that his account of how he shot Martin was "a physical impossibility," and that he exaggerated his wounds.

After listening to an hour and a half of arguments from both sides, Nelson refused to throw out the murder charge, saying the prosecution had presented sufficient evidence for the case to go on.

Read more:

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2021332239_apusneighborhoodwatch.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Should Zimmerman Take The Stand?

Jul 4, 2013 | By Eric Guster

http://newsone.com/2626415/will-george-zimmerman-testify/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:19 pm

George Zimmerman: Analysts bury M.E.

By Hal Boedeker Staff writer
8:17 a.m. EDT, July 6, 2013

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-george-zimmerman-analysts-bury-me-20130706,0,3643246.post
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Zimmerman Defense Attorney: "Trayvon Martin Did, In Fact, Cause His Own Death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXqn0bK9ANE#action=share
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Best Posting Of The   Freckles, I removed the paragraph about how much fun it is to play in the rain. There is still nothing wrong with walking in the rain. Trayvon only made one mistake: walking in the rain in a complex being 'protected' by a want-a-be cop, who was not good enough to make the grade, Thank God. If he had, wonder how many ppl he would have shot?

[/quote]
LOL! I have known several individuals with chronic illness who used marijuana to help alleviate the problems and pains of the diseases as well as to ease the medical treatment. One person, a male nurse, used it daily to alleviate the pain of liver failure prior to his death... My cousin died recently from brain cancer and marijuana helped her deal with the pain, the chemo, and stimulated her appetite. BTW, I have known of no one getting speeding or reckless driving tickets while under the influence unlike the many accidents and deaths related to alcohol.

I see nothing "suspicious" re walking in the rain.
I see something wrong with following a person whether it is raining or not.
And when a person is told, "We don't need you to do that...." I have to wonder about the call to NEN.
Why call them IF you don't care to listen to the advice and authority they offer?
IF you were afraid, why would you then get out of the safety of a vehicle and hoof it after the person who sposedly gives you the jitters? Makes no sense, IMO.

GZ has lied repeatedly to media and PD.
His credibility is shot w/me.
As is is wife's credibility...
And the "dancing" MOM who screams media is too involved...
Or the book publishing "friends and family"....
There is a time and place and when a trial is to begin or is going on is NOT the time to "profit" from the tragedy.
Plenty of time later on.

I AM glad this jury is sequestered.[/quote]

sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Under The Button

LLMPapa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipcw2a_ivtg
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:08 pm

2821 Retreat View Circle

LLMPapa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMO_NsjzhOM
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi mama! I agree with you that Z should never be a cop. He's too eager and obviously he isn't capable of keeping a cool head under REAL pressure.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:08 am

I don't know if this really is a racist thing or not. I know that complex has had many break-ins and all have not been solved. However, the ones that were solved were committed by either young black guys or young mexican guys. However, I think that is mostly what lives there. I know a (white) lady who lives there, but she is married to a Mexican and that is where he has lived for a long time. He is a pilot and she is a stewardess for the same airlines. Teresa has sent her 3 kids and their nanny to Hickory to stay with their grandma till this trial is over. They are in the process of buying a home and will be moving in a few weeks.

However, Jackson and Sharpel have made this what it is today. Certainly, no 17 y/o kid deserved to be killed for walking in the rain, but I do not think Z had any business following him through the complex. So what if he was looking into windows, if they had their blinds open, I probably would have looked in too. I'm sure you couldn't see too much unless you were up close to the windows. I will just be glad when this trial is over, and I truely do hope GZ has to serve some time in prison and I hope he is never entitled to carry a gun again. I don't care if they only find him guilty of manslaughter and he serves only 8 years, I will be satisfied with that. He did not set out to kill TM but he did, so he should have to pay for it. My daughter's husband broke down her door, and stabbed her over 50 times, breaking the blades off 4 knives in her body and he was only found guilty of manslaughter and he only served 8 years. But he intended to kill her. I guess they have stupid jurors in every state.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:53 am

When GZ called NEN:
There were sounds on that tape which have been left unquestioned.
At one point, GZ can be heard talking with someone inside the car.
Who was with him that night?

I would like to have answers as to who that other person was.

Also, PD called in the plates of the vehicles in the area.
One was registered to SZ according to dispatch.
Now, IIRC, SZ drove a CAR while GZ stated he had driven his TRUCK that night.

Why was SZ' car parked in front of the main street (down from the club house) ?
What is odd is SZ sposedly NEVER arrived at the scene while the PD was still present; in fact, GZ told witness Manalo to call SZ, his wife, and tell her, "I shot someone."

Why is her car parked there?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:33 am

Zimmerman talking to third person during 911 call Time Stamp 3:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9QU3GfjKU

Raw : 911 call Zimmerman made to Sanford police (Explicit)

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/raw-911-call-zimmerman-made-to-sanford-police/vGZq9/

(Better audio)
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:08 am

Aless-
Wow. You are good at finding these vids!
geek newspaper 

Can you find the one where the officer called in the make, model, and plate number of the vehicles parked n the area? IIRC, that may have been a female answering the officer re the SZ car parked there. The first vehicle called in, the registered owner of the truck has the name blocked on the tape...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next