Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen

3 posters

Go down

Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen Empty Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen

Post by Julie Thu May 12, 2016 12:01 am

(starting a thread for this topic)
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen Empty Re: Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen

Post by Freckles Thu May 12, 2016 12:25 am

lol! IMO, he will be dead in the water for at least the next year! Very Happy
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu May 12, 2016 12:40 am

Can't find a link /thread for Ethan Couch, Affluenza Boy

Affluenza teen Ethan Couch's appeal over four year prison sentence for killing four in drunk car crash is rejected

".....The Texas teenager who famously used an 'affluenza' defense after he killed four people in a drunk driving crash will stay in jail for another two years after a judge denied his appeal.

Ethan Couch, 19, was sentenced to four consecutive terms of 180 days – one for each of the four lives he horrifically snuffed out in a 2013 drunk driving crash - when he appeared in court last month.

Today, Judge Wayne Salvant signed an order reaffirming the probation terms he imposed at that hearing. He also canceled another court date on the matter scheduled for May 16....."At court last month, where Couch faced justice for the first time as an adult, Judge Salvant had told the teen: 'You're not getting out of jail today' before sentencing him to two years behind bars for the 2013 drunk driving crash which killed four and injured nine.

Couch's lawyers spent much of the 90 minute hearing at the Tim Curry Criminal Justice Center in downtown Fort Worth arguing whether the judge had the power to impose such a harsh penalty. ...."

"....Sergio Molina has been confined to a wheelchair since the tragic accident caused by his former friend Couch...."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3585939/Affluenza-teen-Ethan-Couch-stay-jail-two-years-killing-four-drunk-car-crash-judge-rejects-appeal.html

Headline is in error. He got 180 days EACH of the deaths.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:07 pm

'Affluenza teen' Ethan Couch's dad is found guilty of impersonating a police officer in an armed argument with his neighbor

"...The father of 'affluenza' teen Ethan Couch has been sentenced to a year of probation after he was found guilty of falsely identifying himself as a police officer in Texas.

Fred Couch, 51, was charged in September 2014 with impersonating a police officer, which is a Class B misdemeanor.

The charge stems from an August 2014 incident in which he was armed with a gun when he went to Keith Capo's doorstep along with a neighbor to talk about a disagreement that took place days earlier, NBC Dallas reported. ..."

"... His son made headlines around the world when he was first given a 10-year probation sentence after killing four people in a drunk driving accident.

The 19-year-old is currently serving a two year sentence in a North Texas jail.

His mother, Tonya Couch, and Fred's ex-wife was charged with hindering the apprehension of a felon and money laundering in connection with his case...."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4034984/Affluenza-teen-Ethan-Couch-s-dad-guilty-impersonating-police-officer.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:42 pm

Mother of 'affluenza teen' Ethan Couch could join her son behind bars after she 'violated her bond by drinking alcohol' as she awaits trial for helping her son flee to Mexico Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen 540129

"....Prosecutors filed a motion on Tuesday in Fort Worth, Texas, seeking to revoke Tonya Couch's bond on charges of money laundering and hindering the apprehension of a felon.

Those charges stem from her 2015 flight to Mexico with son Ethan Couch, 20, who killed four in a 2013 drunk driving crash that his lawyers blamed on 'affluenza', meaning he couldn't tell right from wrong because of his affluent upbringing.

Ethan Couch was sentenced to 10 years probation in that case but is currently behind bars after skipping a probation meeting and fleeing with his mother to Mexico in 2015......"

".... In April, the Texas Supreme Court denied an early release request for Couch, who was 16 when he got behind the wheel of his father's F-150 truck with three times the legal limit for alcohol in his blood.

He smashed into a stationary white Mercedes SUV at 70mph, killing the driver, Breanna Mitchell, along with mother and daughter Holly and Shelby Boyles and pastor Brian Jennings, who were all trying to help Mitchell get her car going.

Ethan Couch's father is also currently on probation, after he was found guilty of falsely impersonating a police officer last year....."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4623682/Mother-affluenza-teen-join-son-bars.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:12 am

Ethan Couch's mother worries for his safety in jail

Jul 7, 2017 6:18 PM
[size=52]For the first time, the mother of drunk driving killer Ethan Couch is talking on camera.[/size]
[size=52]Tonya Couch reached out to FOX 4, not to apologize to the victims, but because she's worried about her son, Ethan, who remains in jail.[/size]
[size=52]Tonya made it clear a gag order by the court prevents her from talking about her criminal case or her son's deadly drunk driving accident.[/size]
[size=52]The concerned mother says it was a call from Ethan in the middle of the night that led her to contact FOX 4.[/size]
[size=52]"A frantic call," she explained. "Mom, find out what's going on."[/size]
[size=52]Ethan had been moved to a different part of the jail. He's serving nearly two years for killing four people in a drunk-driving crash in 2013.[/size]
[size=52]Ethan's trial got national attention for the affluenza defense claim that he was spoiled by his parents and did not understand consequences. His mother's protective nature is still evident today.[/size]
[size=52]"I'm very concerned about his wellbeing: mentally and physically," Tonya said.[/size]

[size=52]An official for the sheriff's office says Ethan was moved because he had a conflict with another inmate.[/size]
[size=52]"Everybody there knows him," Tonya said. "Especially if somebody new comes in, it starts all over for him."[/size]
[size=52]The case stunned and angered people around the world when Ethan got 10 years of probation in juvenile court. A video then surfaced that appeared to show him at a party and a game of beer pong. Next, he skipped a meeting with his probation officer.[/size]
[size=52]Tonya had run away with her son to Mexico. They were caught and both ended up in jail. Tonya says she has no regrets about trying to protect her son then and now.[/size]
[size=52]"That's always been what this is about, I guess," she admitted.[/size]
[size=52]Tonya is waiting for her trial on money laundering and hindering the apprehension of a felon. She wouldn't talk about the criminal cases against her or her son, but we did ask if she understands the gravity of her son's crimes against the four victims.[/size]
[size=52]"As hard as we try to make things okay, we can't," she said. "It's just a struggle every day. Every day."[/size]
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:15 am

Sorry Freckles I am not sauve as you in posting stories or providing the links. This is our local news and i waned to share it. If you want clean it up or go to foxdfw.com for the story.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:58 pm

Nene_Please wrote:Sorry Freckles I am not sauve as you in posting stories or providing the links. This is our local news and i waned to share it. If you want clean it up or go to foxdfw.com for the story.

I am tickled you beat me to the story! Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen 541830 Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen 541830
Including the link is important and you did place that at the bottom of the article.
We each read and use different sources. That is good! That is why it is an advantage to have multiple posters...
Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen 901969

I highlight the source.
To do that, click and hold down your mouse as you drag the mouse over the area you want highlighted.
Then,go to the bar at the top of the post.
The B is to make it bold. Click that after highlighting the words.
That area will appear bold.

I have an alternate source for a Couch story.....
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Mother of 'affluenza teen' Ethan Couch could join her son behind bars after she 'violated her bond by drinking alcohol' as she awaits trial for helping her son flee to Mexico

"... Prosecutors filed a motion on Tuesday in Fort Worth, Texas, seeking to revoke Tonya Couch's bond on charges of money laundering and hindering the apprehension of a felon....."

"...In April, the Texas Supreme Court denied an early release request for Couch, who was 16 when he got behind the wheel of his father's F-150 truck with three times the legal limit for alcohol in his blood.

He smashed into a stationary white Mercedes SUV at 70mph, killing the driver, Breanna Mitchell, along with mother and daughter Holly and Shelby Boyles and pastor Brian Jennings, who were all trying to help Mitchell get her car going.

Ethan Couch's father is also currently on probation, after he was found guilty of falsely impersonating a police officer last year.

Fred Couch, 51, was charged in September 2014 with impersonating a police officer, which is a Class B misdemeanor.

The charge stems from an August 2014 incident in which he was armed with a gun when he went to Keith Capo's doorstep along with a neighbor to talk about a disagreement that took place days earlier ...."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4623682/Mother-affluenza-teen-join-son-bars.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Freckles wrote:
Nene_Please wrote:Sorry Freckles I am not sauve as you in posting stories or providing the links. This is our local news and i waned to share it. If you want clean it up or go to foxdfw.com for the story.

I am tickled you beat me to the story! Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen 541830 Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen 541830
Including the link is important and you did place that at the bottom of the article.
We each read and use different sources.  That is good! That is why it is an advantage to have multiple posters...
Ethan Couch - Affluenza Teen 901969

I highlight the source.
To do that, click and hold down your mouse as you drag the mouse over the area you want highlighted.
Then,go to the bar at the top of the post.
The B is to make it bold. Click that after highlighting the words.
That area will  appear bold.  

I have an alternate  source for a Couch story.....

I am on my phone. I could do it when I had a desktop but now if it will copy to the clipboard I am good but if it doesn't I an in trouble. I live 50 miles south of Dallas so this story 8s always a bug story on the news.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:43 pm

And PS the judge did let her out in bond. These people are getting away with so much
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:04 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Mom of 'Affluenza' teen Ethan Couch, who fled with him to Mexico after his fatal crash, loads her shabby belongings into a storage unit preparing for possible prison as aunt reveals her jailed nephew 'plans to marry' secret girlfriend

"... Tonya, 50, is due in court in January to face charges of money laundering and hindering the apprehension of a felon, both arising from her 1,300-mile drive over the border to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. She faces up to 10 years behind bars.

She could even miss celebrating her son's release if she is sentenced before Ethan gets out of prison on March 30. ..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5062749/Ethan-Couch-s-mother-faces-jail-time.html

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:05 am

Nene_Please wrote:And PS the judge did let her out in bond. These people are getting away with so much

Affluenza mom Tonya Couch is behind bars for a THIRD time after failing a drug test while awaiting trial for 'helping son Ethan flee the country' following his fatal drunk driving crash

"....Affluenza mom Tonya Couch is back in jail for a third time for failing a drug test.

The millionaire’s ex-wife is still awaiting a trial for allegedly spiriting her son out of the country rather than let him face the music for a drunken car crash that killed four.

But now she will have to spend at least some of that time behind bars in Tarrant County jail in Fort Worth, Texas.

Couch was rearrested on Friday — her 52nd birthday — according to Tarrant County booking reports. ...."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6974509/Affluenza-mom-Tonya-Couch-bars-failing-drug-test-awaiting-trial.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:17 pm

Dad of 'affluenza teen' is charged with assault for 'choking his girlfriend' - six years after his 'spoiled' son killed four people by driving his truck into a stalled car when drunk

"......The father of a drunk-driver who became known as the 'affluenza teenager' was charged with assault after allegedly trying to choke his girlfriend.

Frederick Couch, from Texas, is accused of grabbing Brandi Gober around her throat or neck and applying pressure on July 14, according to the Forth Worth Star-Telegram.

Police with the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office investigated the case and Couch was charged with 'assault of a house member by impeding her breath.' ......"

"... Meanwhile, Tonya Couch]is still awaiting a trial for allegedly spiriting her son out of the country rather than let him face trial.

She drove her son Ethan 1,200 miles to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Ethan, now 22, was due to appear for a probation hearing after a picture of him at a beer pong party was posted on Twitter...."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7513107/Dad-affluenza-teen-charged-assault-choking-girlfriend.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:19 am

'Affluenza' teen Ethan Couch, 22, is arrested after 'testing positive for THC while on probation' for killing four and paralyzing one in drunken 2013 crash

"....'Affluenza' teen Ethan Couch has been arrested in Texas after testing positive for THC while on probation for killing four people in a drunken 2013 crash.

According to Tarrant County Jail online records, the 22-year-old was taken into custody on Thursday afternoon.

Deputies with the Tarrant County Sheriff's Office said Couch violated his probation during a mandatory drug screening when he tested positive for THC, which is the active ingredient in marijuana. ..."

"....The crash also killed three people who had to come to her aid, including Brian Jennings, who was on the way home from his son's graduation, and mother-and-daughter neighbors Hollie and Shelby Boyles. ..."

"... Though Couch killed four and left a fifth victim paralyzed, he wasn't initially sentenced to any jail time. Because of his affluenza, he was instead sentenced to just 10 years of probation. ..."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7846431/Affluenza-teen-Ethan-Couch-22-arrested-testing-positive-THC-probation.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down