Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should KC's Murder Trial Be Moved To Miami?

+3
Dis
sitemama
Snaz
7 posters

Go down

Should KC's Murder Trial Be Moved To Miami? Empty Should KC's Murder Trial Be Moved To Miami?

Post by Snaz Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:59 pm

Oh, looky..... the MIAMI HERALD is reporting on Casey Anthony's hearing......

Hearing scheduled in Casey Anthony murder case
The Associated Press
Posted on Friday, 10.16.09

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A hearing is scheduled in the murder case against Casey Anthony, the Florida mother charged with murdering her 2-year-old daughter.

A judge will consider motions Friday to have criminal charges against her thrown out. Anthony is expected to attend the hearing.

Last week prosecutors released more evidence in their murder case, including pictures of a tattoo on Anthony's back and duct tape, which was located on her daughter Caylee Anthony's body.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in Caylee's death. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, months after she was reported missing.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty. She says a baby sitter kidnapped Caylee.

The state is seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who remains in the Orange County Jail.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/1285674.html

Oh, looky... another one.....

Murder charge in Caylee case stands

Posted on Saturday, 10.17.09

ORLANDO -- (AP) -- A judge has dismissed a request to throw out the most serious criminal charges against a Florida mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland ruled Friday that a motion filed by Casey Anthony's attorneys did not meet the requirements neededfor a dismissal of thefirst-degree murder and aggravated child abuse charges.

In an earlier filing, Anthony's attorneys had said the charges were based on ``circumstantial and speculative'' evidence.

During a brief hearing Friday, prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick said the defense attorneys' motion was insufficient and riddled with errors.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty and says a baby sitter kidnapped Caylee.

The toddler's remains were found near her grandparents' home in December 2008, months after she was reported missing.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/5min/story/1286923.html

I was curious how much just the Miami Herald alone reports on the Anthony case, so I searched for KC's name on their website, and these were the results:

http://pd.miami.com/sp?aff=1100&keywords=casey+anthony&submit.x=27&submit.y=7

This tells me they ARE reporting on the case down there..... This is strictly my opinion, but I think it is very obvious why a man named JOSE BAEZ wants to go to an area with a high Hispanic population...... being as he's the "first Hispanic lawyer of a high-profile case" and all.....

Curious about your thoughts.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Should KC's Murder Trial Be Moved To Miami? Empty Re: Should KC's Murder Trial Be Moved To Miami?

Post by sitemama Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Snaz, I agree with you, Bozo wants a place with a high Hispanic population, as he thinks they will all be as stupid as he is, and will listen to what he has to say.

I'm sure there are quite a few intelligent Hispanic ppl in the Miami area who will be able to sort out the true evidence from the BS presented by JB and the Ants.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Should KC's Murder Trial Be Moved To Miami? Empty Re: Should KC's Murder Trial Be Moved To Miami?

Post by Dis Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:43 pm

They could move it to the moon and it wouldn't matter...I don't think the Hispanics are as enamored with Bozo as he thinks...blah blah blah wait till they hear how dumb he is.

I still don't get how the duhfense can ask for a change of venue when they didn't want a gag order and they go all over the country telling their tales...go figure!
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:46 pm

awaiting justice~I don't think they will get past that either...or the 911 calls...smells like a dead body's been in the damn car...then Casey with her monotone exchange with the 911 operator...no crying, no hyperventilating...bell vita all right....she's toast
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Dis,

Yes, toast is what I would say as well. Add KC's comment along the lines of "what, I don't have anything to say to them" (can't remember her exact words when CA tried to hand her the phone) and she's double toast.

I also thought the same thing as you too about their change of venue request. They could move it to the moon and it's been covered and heard of. Baez can complain all he wants about Orlando being the place that had the most biased and negative press about her, but I don't care where you live, you can find twelve jurors who could be open minded. Hail, I honestly think I could be open minded and put everything I have heard and opinions out of my head. I could just listen to the evidence in the courtroom and bring a verdict. I really think I could. It's about valuing our system and knowing many other countries don't have this privilege. So, all it takes is a very good voir dire.
However, they will get it just to avoid that issue on appeal.
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:37 am

I really don't think it matters where Casey has her trial. No
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:41 am

Hi Tracey! Yes, they probably will get the change of venue, but I think they will just pick a jury out of the area and bring them in. The trial will stay in Orlando. I hope! The judge could deny it though since they are full of bull malarky and they are the ones making all the "leaks". lol A blind guy can see that!! Justice For Caylee!!!

Hi Booklover! I saw where you were posting when I was so Hi there!!!
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:58 am

Dis wrote:Hi Tracey! Yes, they probably will get the change of venue, but I think they will just pick a jury out of the area and bring them in. The trial will stay in Orlando. I hope! The judge could deny it though since they are full of bull malarky and they are the ones making all the "leaks". lol A blind guy can see that!! Justice For Caylee!!!

Hi Booklover! I saw where you were posting when I was so Hi there!!!
Hi, Dis! hug Good to see you! We really love RC, don't we? geek Should KC's Murder Trial Be Moved To Miami? 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 am

Booklover~ Should KC's Murder Trial Be Moved To Miami? 147439 What's not to love? Should KC's Murder Trial Be Moved To Miami? 839314
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:18 pm

okay... has ANYONE seen ANYBODY from the prosecution on TV talking about this case.. ??

anyone... anyone..

hmm... i havent either, but i sure as heck have seen bozo and all his cohorts, and CA and GA and LA and BC.. where did i see them... hmm.. 48hrs, the today show, every dern news organization that shelled out the $$$ and let them peddle lies..

i hope the judge brings up this little tidbit in response to the change of venue request.. not to mention the DEFENSE fighting a gag order..

they made their proverbial publicity bed, they can lie in it.. (pun intended.)
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:25 pm

That would be great if the Judge denied the change of venue request due to the Anthonys and their lawyers always being on TV. What is the point of changing it anyway? This case has been highly publicized pretty much everywhere that Nancy Grace or the internet are available.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Justice4all wrote:That would be great if the Judge denied the change of venue request due to the Anthonys and their lawyers always being on TV. What is the point of changing it anyway? This case has been highly publicized pretty much everywhere that Nancy Grace or the internet are available.

Yeah, I mean, after all, if they are doing a play about 'Tot Mom' in AUSTRALIA.... where does JB think he can go that hasn't heard about this case.....

I am convinced he wants a COV to Miami because of the high popluation of Hispanics...... he thinks that will help his case..... him being the "first high-profile Hispanic attorney" and all........
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down