Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haleigh's Mom Holds Onto Hope

4 posters

Go down

Haleigh's Mom Holds Onto Hope Empty Haleigh's Mom Holds Onto Hope

Post by Justice4all Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:37 pm

5-Year-Old Disappeared From Father's Mobile Home In February

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - As the mother of a girl who disappeared from a Putnam County mobile home after she was put to bed on February night, Crystal Sheffield has been in the public eye for almost a year now.

Talking on the eve of a new year, she told Channel 4 she'd give anything to go back to the way things were before the worst day of her life.

"Like your heart has been ripped out of your chest," Crystal Sheffield said. "I really don't know how to explain the hurt I feel."
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

In the months after she vanished in February, Haleigh Cummings' face has been everywhere -- television, the newspapers, posters, even billboards.

There have been dozens of searches, thousands of leads, but investigators are no closer to knowing what happened to the girl who would have turned 6 in August.

"It's horrible. I just sit around and wait, hoping that you'll get a call or a knock on the door saying they found her, and you don't," Sheffield said Thursday.

While the couple was never married and has been estranged since before Haleigh disappeared, Sheffield said she still talks to Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, about the search for their daughter.

She said as a mother, she has to hold out hope that Haleigh is safe and will someday be reunited with the family.

"I just want everyone to keep searching," Sheffield told Channel 4's Adam Landau. "I don't want anybody to give up on her. She's only 6. She's not worth giving up on."

If you know anything about where Haleigh may be, call Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS. You can also text your information to investigators. Text TIP-231 plus your message to CRIMES (274637).

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22100012/detail.html#story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Haleigh's Mom Holds Onto Hope Empty Re: Haleigh's Mom Holds Onto Hope

Post by Dis Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:52 am

I don't blame her....I would hope till there was no hope left..and until they find her....there is still hope. God Bless you little Haleigh...I hope you find your way home.
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:03 pm

I don't know how the parents of missing children make it through each day. I suppose a new day of hoping to bring your child home is the only thing to get you out of bed each morning. Find Haleigh.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:36 pm

What's really sad is that she dissappeared during the night and the only supposed witness was her brother...How can there be an Amber Alert when no identifing vehicle or abductor was seen??? There is only blind hope that this child will be found alive or anything recognizable will be found...I am not usually so pesimistic, but in all honesty it doesn't look good...I wish that there could be closure for all involved and that the truth will surface...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down