Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car crash puts woman underwater for 34 hrs

Go down

Car crash puts woman underwater for 34 hrs Empty Car crash puts woman underwater for 34 hrs

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:42 am

Car crash puts woman underwater for 34 hrs

Nita Dennis spent 34 hours tangled in a water filled car wreck - A Texas woman is recovering after after she spent more than a day trapped inside her submerged car in a creek near San Antonio. Nita Dennis says she's lucky to be alive.

"I would cry and say God please help me," said Dennis.

Dennis was on her way home last Friday when she fell asleep at the wheel. Her car hit a concrete barrier and landed in a creek filled with water. "I don't even know how long I had been unconscious," Dennis said.

When she woke up her leg was throbbing in pain and she couldn't move. "The whole car had crushed in around me," recalled Dennis.

To make matters worse, she was neck-deep in creek water. "I remember looking to the sides of me on both sides, and I could actually see animals eating on me," Dennis said, referring to the catfish who were in the water with her.

As Dennis held her head up above the water, she she tried to stay positive. "I remember thinking, 'It's almost daylight. So, somebody will see you pretty soon.'"

It was 34 hours before help finally arrived. "I'd seen feet come around," Dennis said. "And I'm like 'I'm here! I'm here!'"

Dennis was rushed to a hospital where she was treated for a broken leg, torn ligaments in her knee and cuts and bruises all over her body.

Dennis says she is very thankful for everyone who helped save her life that day.

Back to top Go down