Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack'

3 posters

Go down

Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack' Empty Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack'

Post by FystyAngel Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8522746.stm

Thursday, 18 February 2010

Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack' _4733010

US law enforcement officials are investigating whether a plane that hit a building in Austin, Texas, was a deliberate attack on a tax office.

The pilot of the single-engined plane that hit the seven-storey office has been named as Joseph Andrew Stack.

Most employees were evacuated but one person remains unaccounted for, a spokesman for the Austin fire department said.

The White House said the crash did not appear to be an act of terrorism.

Grievance

A US website has published an apparent suicide note attacking the US tax authorities and signed by the man suspected of piloting the plane.

"Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, Let's try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well"

However, at this point it is not possible to determine the authenticity of the note or its authorship.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said President Barack Obama had been briefed about the incident.

The Department of Homeland Security was investigating the crash, he added.

Two F-16 fighter jets were scrambled from Houston, Texas, after the crash and were patrolling the area.

Heather Wills, from Austin, told the BBC that she was driving past when she saw the huge cloud of black smoke.

"As I got nearer I could see flames leaping out of the building - the flames were two storeys high. I could hear the glass windows shattering from the heat.

"My first thought was that it was a fire. The traffic was backed up all along the freeway."

A law enforcement official told US media they were checking possible links to reports of a domestic dispute in Georgetown, Texas, and allegations that the suspect in that dispute burned down his home before allegedly taking off in the plane.

Lynn Lunsford of the Federal Aviation Administration said the pilot did not file a flight plan.

A spokesman for the Austin fire department said the plane hit the building at 0956 local time (1556 GMT).

He said two people had been taken to hospital, but it is not clear if they were seriously injured.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you in Austin? Did you witness the plane crash? Send us your comments, pictures and videos.

Send your pictures and videos to yourpics@bbc.co.uk or text them to +44 7725 100 100. If you have a large file you can upload here.

At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Live Video Coverage Click Here
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack' Empty Re: Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack'

Post by FystyAngel Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:11 pm

He also set his own house on fire. This is so sad. With the economy the way it is, (and I am in NO WAY sticking up for him) it's sad that someone can be pushed to do something like this.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack' Empty Re: Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack'

Post by Estee Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Desperate times call for desperate measures, but this is uncalled for...Why didn't he just Baker Act himself so he could get the help he needed??? Now his family has to take the brunt of his guilt...It is sooo sad...It seems that people just don't want to talk things out....
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack' T1main10

Did you read his entire note? I can't get the PDF file copied.
It's so unfortunate for it to come this.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down