Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sex Offender Accused Of Fondling Girl In Church

4 posters

Go down

Sex Offender Accused Of Fondling Girl In Church Empty Sex Offender Accused Of Fondling Girl In Church

Post by Justice4all Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:29 pm

http://wbal.com/apps/news/templates/story.aspx?articleid=43093&zoneid=3

Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Steve Fermier and WBAL TV

A registered sex offender is accused of fondling an 8-year-old girl.

Police said the incident happened at a Baltimore city church.

Rodney Key, 46, was released from prison in April after serving seven years in prison.

In 2001, Key pleaded guilty to child abuse in Talbot County. He received a 30-year sentence with 15 years suspended.

He's accused of abusing the girl on Sunday at St. James Church on South Augusta Avenue in southwest Baltimore.

"He basically sat her on his lap and began to fondle her. He then told her he was going to spank her but that she was too sweet and then he told her not to tell anybody about this incident," Detective Donny Moses said.

Key was homeless at the time of his arrest.

Police said he was able to gain the trust of the church, doing odd jobs and that when police came looking for Key, church officials knew how to find him.

"He was known to the pastor as well as other members of the church so figuring out who he was wasn't difficult to do," Moses said.

WBAL-TV 11 news tried to reach the pastor, but the church doors were locked and no one would answer the phone.

"I can't believe it, honestly I can't, I can't believe it," parishioner William Johnson said.

Churchgoers said they are shocked by the allegations, saying Key seemed like a harmless person.

"It's making me mad because even the nice faces are seeming like they're doing ungodly things and being a church I don't understand that, I don't understand that," Johnson said.

Police said it is vital that people and public institutions know who is working for them, even if the opportunity is given out of charity.

"From what I understand, the church saw a homeless guy who seemed innocent enough and they wanted to do what the church is supposed to do -- look out for people and help people. They tried to give him an opportunity and in this case it didn't turn up good," Moses said.

Key is in custody and prosecutors are in the process of getting his eight-year remaining sentence reinstated.

He faces charges including sexual assault of a minor.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Sex Offender Accused Of Fondling Girl In Church Empty Re: Sex Offender Accused Of Fondling Girl In Church

Post by Justice4all Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:31 pm

This is yet another sex offender who was let out of prison early. They only made him serve 7 years of a 30 year sentence. Luckily he didn't kill anybody.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sex Offender Accused Of Fondling Girl In Church Empty Re: Sex Offender Accused Of Fondling Girl In Church

Post by Dis Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:40 pm

He was sentenced to 30, he got 15, and he was out in 8???? This is what pisses me off. How can a sex offender get out for good behavior? There are no children in prison, how could they say he behaved? Sick bastard should be castrated. One strike is all they should get for hurting kids. Anyone who hurts a kid is sick and should never be let out in public. Period
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:58 pm

It is ridiculous. He had 15 of his 30 years suspended, then got let out 8 years early on his remaining 15 year sentence. I hope they get some new laws passed soon that will make it harder for sex offenders to be released early.

Last edited by Justice4all on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:23 pm

I agree with you 100%, Dis! Mad
pi-girl
pi-girl

Mood : Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:18 am

Another example of the one time and you're out law that needs to be in place. Luckily, he did not get any further with this child and she had told someone about it. Or it would have gotten worse and involved other children. They need to reinstate his original 30 years.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down