Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrest In Amber Alert Hoax

Go down

Arrest In Amber Alert Hoax Empty Arrest In Amber Alert Hoax

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:17 am

Arrest In Amber Alert Hoax

(Nashville, TN 7/24/2009) The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has charged a 14-year-old girl with calling in a hoax 911 call that spurred a multi-state AMBER alert.

The teen from Caruthersville, MO has been issued two juvenile petitions for calling a Dyer County 911 dispatcher claiming she and her 10-year-old sister had been kidnapped by a a man and were being molested.

Authorities issued an alert for a red or burgundy Chevy Suburban July 16.

Three calls were made to 911. In the last laughing could be heard as well as the voice of what appears to be an adult.

The TBI says it will seek financial reimbursement for the resources used.

The girl has an appearance scheduled in Dyer County Juvenile Court August 12.

Back to top Go down

Arrest In Amber Alert Hoax Empty Re: Arrest In Amber Alert Hoax

Post by Booklover Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Hi, Deb! hug

That girl's parents should teach her that calling 911 as a prank is NOT funny! The authorities have every right to seek reimbursement for the costs incurred as the result of her being so thoughtless. Mad If her parents have to pay for this, I seriously doubt that she will do it again. No
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:27 pm

OMG !!!!! I can tell you right now and right here in public if my child had EVER doen this I would have blistered his butt bigtime !!!!!!! PLUS, I would have made some type arrangements for HIM to either work off the pay back or stay in detention every weekend until $$ was paid back. I don't care and never have what people think about MY thoughts on punisment for kids. My son is 38 years old and stole a PENNY piece of bubble gum from a convenience store when he was 10. Manager, who was a friend of mine called me ......... OMG to this day he hasn't forgotten the humiliation I put him thru ! But, he's NEVER stolen a thing, never will. ( Store manager told me she was watching and he'd bought some candy and she knew he didn't have another penny for the gum, but felt I should know about it, to nip it in bud, thank God she did )

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down