Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massive quake hits Chile, at least 147 dead (LIVE STREAMING VIDEO)

4 posters

Go down

Massive quake hits Chile, at least 147 dead (LIVE STREAMING VIDEO) Empty Massive quake hits Chile, at least 147 dead (LIVE STREAMING VIDEO)

Post by Piper Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Another horrific earthquake. I'm worried for all of the other islands in the Pacific Ocean and the West Coast with the tsunami warnings as well. I know this is all over the news, Julie had posted a prayer earlier.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/02/27/chile.quake/index.html?hpt=T1

Added by Fysty.....

Online TV Shows by Ustream
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Massive quake hits Chile, at least 147 dead (LIVE STREAMING VIDEO) Empty Re: Massive quake hits Chile, at least 147 dead (LIVE STREAMING VIDEO)

Post by Piper Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:51 pm

I can't believe the sight on Waikiki Beach - empty! Not one person on the beach, thankfully. But it looks like a lot of people still seem awfully close to the water and the first tsunami wave could hit anytime! affraid
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Massive quake hits Chile, at least 147 dead (LIVE STREAMING VIDEO) Empty Re: Massive quake hits Chile, at least 147 dead (LIVE STREAMING VIDEO)

Post by sitemama Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm, also, worried about what could happen to the ppl that stayed close to the ocean. This was a huge earthquake and the waves will be gigantic when they hit shore.

I am not only worried about Hawaii, but also the west coast of the USA, as well as Alaska.

Prayers going out to all that are, and will be, affected by this.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Hawaii Tsunami Warning Coverage [LIVE VIDEO]

Web Video

http://www.ireport.com/

http://hitsunami.info/

Online TV Shows by Ustream

Wave arrival estimates (water still receeding, discolorized, reef):
11:05 a.m. Hilo, 11:20 a.m. Maui, 11:35 a.m. Oahu, 11:50 a.m. Kauai, 9-12 ft. surge estimates.

All state parks closed. Hilo airport closed at 6 a.m. All vessels are asked to evacuate state harbors. City bus service is running with additional busses available. USPS delivery WILL commence for areas outside of emergency zones. All ILH events postponed. OIA events will not proceed. Kamehameha Ho'olaule'a will proceed. Unconferenz 2010 postponed. HMSA closed, emergency only. Beaches and low lying areas have been evacuated.

Closed: Piikoi & Ala Moana Blvd. is shut down, UH Manoa, Hilo, West Oahu, KCC, HCC, LCC, Academy of The Pacific, Hawaii Baptist Academy, Ala Moana Center, Ward Centers, Windward Mall, Aloha Tower Market Place, Royal Hawaiian Center, Polynesian Cultural Center, Wet N Wild Hawaii, Costco Hawaii Kai & Iwilei, Hawaii Photo Rental, CPB and ASB banks closed, ATMs only.

Disaster Preparation Kit
Food - 5-7 days worth per person. Water- 5-7 days worth per person, drink, sanitation. Medication, toiletries, important papers. Batteries, flash lights, cell phone chargers, first aid kits, toilet paper, rice, essentials.

Emergency phone numbers ยป
State Civil Defense - (808) 733-430 | American Red Cross - (808) 734-2101 | Emergency - 911
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:16 pm

First waves of tsunami arrive at Hawaii - CNN.com

iReporter Kathy Taylor describes the photos she took of a tsunami hitting Huatulco, Mexico

Chile a 'well-prepared country'

Quake damages apartments

Chilean quake causes fires

Chile's hospital crisis

Roads ripped apart

'Tragedy is enormous'
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:34 pm

"Hawaii dodged a bullet" is MSN's headline.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35617640/ns/world_news-chile_earthquake/?GT1=43001
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Thanks for all the updates and videos, you all are awesome.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:26 am

I found this video of Chile's 1960 earthquake & tsunami.

Here's the description:

1) aerial view of Chile, destroyed buildings and cities due to earthquake; tidal waves at 500 mph raced across the Pacific, hit Californai coast, hit Hilo Hawaii, hit Japan, 18,000 lives lost 2) "...

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:30 am

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:42 am

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:47 am

What an amazing video! I found this one while looking for Chile footage. If you watch it, you have to watch all the way to the end. It has a happy ending, but is really hard to watch.

Last edited by Julie on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:50 am

Piper wrote:Thanks for all the updates and videos, you all are awesome.

Hi Piper....you're pretty awesome too.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down