Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

+15
KariBear
TigerMom
JAG
MissMonkey
ou812
khintx
LottieM
Piper
Taxes101
Snaz
FystyAngel
Cali
Julie
sitemama
Justice4all
19 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

Post by Piper Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:05 am

The 911 call and Kaine moving out with Kiara that day is obviously another reason why the judge issued the RO and gave sole custody to Kaine for the time being. Besides Terri being their main unnamed number one suspect. Terri may have threatened to kill herself, who knows.

I still don't see her carrying this out at the school if she had planned on getting rid of Kyron. I just don't get it, something is missing.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

Post by Piper Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:38 am

Friends urge Terri Horman to speak
By Susan Harding KATU News and KATU.com Staff

Story Published: Jun 29, 2010 at 8:41 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 29, 2010 at 8:41 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. - Close friends of Terri Horman, the stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, say they wish she would speak out so people can hear her side of the story, and they’ve also advised her to hire an attorney.

Those friends, who have declined to speak on camera, said her husband’s motion to divorce is leaving her without the funds to afford a quality lawyer.

Kaine Horman has filed for divorce and was granted a restraining order against Terri that barred her from their 18-month-old daughter, Kiara.

The court records for the divorce were released Tuesday but only the cover letter of the restraining order was released. A judge said he was concerned that releasing the entire document could jeopardize the investigation into the disappearance of Kyron.

Terri’s friends said they worry the media coverage like the recent People magazine article entitled, “Stepmom in the Spotlight” has already tainted public opinion, and they describe her as a devoted mother.

Outside Skyline School Tuesday, where Terri said she last saw Kyron after a science fair on June 4, Jinnet Powel, a parent at the school and who volunteered with Terri, urged people to hold back on judgment.

“The hugest crime would be that then you duplicate the crime by accusing an innocent person,” she said. “I wish her and her family well. I can imagine this is a really, really painful time to be going through.”

But that pain is still mixed with images of hope.

Outside Skyline, a chain-link fence lined with those messages of hope continues to grow.

“May there be red eyed tree frogs and rainbows keeping you company,” said one message on a red streamer tied to the fence.

Some of the messages have come as far away as South Carolina.

There was another sign Tuesday that the search for Kyron is shifting. The Bring Kyron Home website announced that it is closing down by the end of the week and said on its homepage:

“We have no further plans to do anything more in terms of events or anything like bracelets, buttons, etc.”

But don’t tell that to parents like Powel.

“We have to carry on but this is an event I will never move on from until he’s home,” she said.

National interest in Kyron’s disappearance continues to grow. On Wednesday, People magazine will come out with a new article about the case which will be the third story in the publication for three weeks in a row.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97449789.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:45 am

Piper - I was thinking the same thing that you already voiced - that maybe the "threat" was that Terri threatened to kill herself. I'm sure in some way, even if she innocent she feels that way to some degree - if I was the last one to see my child alive, I would feel that way. If ppl were pointing fingers at me, I would probably feel that way - and MOST importantly, if my child was missing, I would find it hard to keep on going... I find it hard to keep going and my baby is just visiting his dad for 6 wks - AND i talk to him every day - but it is hard to function without him.
that threat, even if was made to harm herself, would be enough to compel a judge to issue a restraining order against her though - and maybe that "threat" is what compelled Kaine to start divorce proceedings. I think that 911 call is going to reveal alot actually, but it too is sealed... for now...

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMonkey Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:53 am

I too thought the 911 "threat" was against herself, but that does not fit any of the requirements for the specific type of restraining order they requested.

Perhaps the divorce filing is to do with what LE briefed Kaine about - imminent charges against TMH? - and a divorce would mean he would not have to pay toward her defense in any way? Plus it could solve custody issues before any arise.

What's odd is that he requested child support from her. I thought she was a SAHM? Last I checked we get paid in dirty diapers and slobbery kisses!

MissMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:59 am

She has been a stay at home mom, but now that she has no kids, she can get a job and pay child support, that is if she isn't arrested.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:01 am

sitemama wrote:But Lottie, if they did test the hair and found drugs, how did they know that the mom did it and not the dad?

I think they would have had a hearing and placed the baby in DSS custody until they got the details. I don't think they would just remove the mom and let the dad keep the baby.

You're right, mama! Good thinkin'! :)
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMonkey Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:19 am

I wonder why James hasn't come out defending his mother? When something erroneous was printed in the paper about my mother (not even close to this situation, but false info nonetheless) I called the papers and had them write retraction. I just wasn't having people say things that were not true about my momma!.

MissMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:35 am

This case is so weird! I can't figure out how Terri would have gotten Kryon out of the school without anyone noticing.

1.Kyron's teacher and another staff member saw Kyron with Terri at the science fair: So this means to me they didn't see Kyron or Terri at the classroom in particular, just at the fair....where Terri could have gone back outside with Kyron before 8:45AM, thus making Terri's story of walking him to his classroom a lie.

2.Terri said when she walked Kyron to his classroom he said he had to go into his classroom now: To me, this is an odd remark for Kyron to make....might it mean he was protesting going somewhere with Terri and told her he had to go into the classroom?

3. There was a bell that rang at 8:45: Was Kyron somewhere not close to his classroom when the bell rang, and when he heard it he told Terri he had to go to his classroom now? Could he have been outside?

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 am

Kyron was only in the 2nd grade, and I'm sure that bell is programed to ring @ 8:45 every morning. Although classes were not to take up till 10am, when he heard it, he may have thought he had to be in his classroom. She did not walk him all the way, and when he got to the classroom he met up with his friend and remembered they could continue to check out the science fair.

If SM already had him outside, when he heard the bell, and IF she took him away at that time, she would not have said anything about him saying he had to go to his classroom now.

Some of these stories are getting very unbelievable. I read some stories on Blink that actually made my toes curl up.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:32 pm

sitemama wrote:Kyron was only in the 2nd grade, and I'm sure that bell is programed to ring @ 8:45 every morning. Although classes were not to take up till 10am, when he heard it, he may have thought he had to be in his classroom. She did not walk him all the way, and when he got to the classroom he met up with his friend and remembered they could continue to check out the science fair.

If SM already had him outside, when he heard the bell, and IF she took him away at that time, she would not have said anything about him saying he had to go to his classroom now.

Some of these stories are getting very unbelievable. I read some stories on Blink that actually made my toes curl up.

Hmmm....that's not the way I understood it....I thought the visitors had to leave by 8:45....and the kids then went to their classrooms for roll to be taken...then they got to leave again in groups to visit the exhibits minus visitors this time until 10. Then back to class...etc.

I completely disagree with the bolded part above. I think that's exactly what she WOULD do in an effort to have it appear he was inside the school when he wasn't.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:02 pm

The visitors were allowed 45 min.. and the school opened early that day... I heard the fair went to 9:45...

As far as the RO.. I still say it is prolly becasue Terri may have threatened suicide... and the child may have been around the scene.. which naturally wud be neglectful/abusive and prove instability as to endanger the child..

If Kaine was filing for divorce because of now suspecting Terri (where the LE and public influence has corrupted Kaine, it wudnt surprise me if a person broke and wanted to die, as well as not surprising that Kaine is now suspicious.. it is human nature and with all what is going on.. it seems predictable....)

If this 911 call was a suicide attempt threat... it wud make me believe that LE dont have anything at all agaisnt Terri )including no lies in any statement..)

Reason being, if they had any evidence at all no matter how little, I cant see why they wudnt have arrested her in fear she wud kill herself and they cudnt have justice served and also never get answers they wud hope for..

I am with you Piper, I am still not thinking that she had anything to do with out.. Masters degree or not, I personally bel;ieve 1st time killers leave all kinds of evidence... they wud have had something before now where they wud have made an arrest for something so to get her behind bars to keep an eye on her..

In mnay cases we have seen families break up where becasue you cant trust anyone..

On account of Teris past DUI and under the circumstances of the stress she is enduring, one wud think she may be ubstable and not a suitable parent because of that past history... The RO is no surprise..

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMonkey Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:27 pm

I thought one of the people who saw Kyron said that he was near one of the doors to the school? Could TMH not have said "Oh, we forgot your lunch in the car, I'll go get it and I'll bring it to the door for you" or something like that?

Unless it was someone random that did something within the school, then I say there has got to be a link to TMH.

MissMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Or a high risk ped... !

teachers saw Kyron and Tanner saw him in the hall way where he told Tanner that he was going to go look at another different exhibit..

A high risk ped, clearly taking a huge risk....cud have been hiding out anywhere... Assuming the high risk ped, wud have been an adult, he cud have said anything (especially if they knew each other..) like your mom wants me to bring you back home for a surprise...If he didnt know Kyron..the authority wud have been assumed in a school.. He cud have said anything like come to my car and help me with something.. there are way too mnay things a pig cud have done... with all the ppl coming and going, it wud have made more sense that if Terri was there after she had said.. you wud think someone who was driving in or out, wud have seen her and her vehicle..

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMonkey Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:57 pm

That is what is throwing me. All of those people were there and no one saw her leaving?

There are a lot of sick people out there, so anything is possible, but I just feel that there is some tie to Terri.

To go in and pluck a child at random from within a school? It is not 100% impossible, but that would be ... I can't even think of the appropriate word. Gutsy, ballsy....insane?!

I just really hope there is a break in this case soon because I wake up every morning hoping that he has been found and that the outcome is better than I fear, but it's hard to keep up hope when so many mornings have passed.

MissMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Horman's Stepmother Not Allowed Access to Her Children

June 30, 2010
By Bryce Anslinger

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A judge has forbidden the step-mother of a missing 7-year-old Portland boy to have access to her children or firearms.

Court officials say the restraining order against Terri Horman was granted by a Multnomah County Circuit Judge.

Horman's stepson, Kyron, vanished June 4th, leading to one of the most extensive searches in Oregon history. Investigators say she's the last person known to have seen the child.

Kyron's father filed for divorce from Terri Horman and sought the restraining order.

http://kezi.com/news/local/179647

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Been on vacation..... which means NO cell phones, TV newz, internet (it was a great break, I gotta admit)........ so sad to find that things have gone from bad to worse for the Haime family........ and still no Kyron. Still getting caught up. Very sad. kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:25 pm

From Hinky:

Kyron Horman: Terri Horman is concerned about…

Posted on June 30th, 2010 by Valhall

…money. This one hits me hard if it is true. Keep in mind KATU is reporting these statements from unnamed friends of Terri’s, so we can neither verify what is being reported, nor can we assume the friends are being accurate in what they convey, but I still find this disturbing.

Those friends, who have declined to speak on camera, said her husband’s motion to divorce is leaving her without the funds to afford a quality lawyer.

Let’s review what “worries” are in Terri Horman’s life right now:

* Her 7 year old stepson is about to hit the 1 month mark on being missing.
* Her husband has left and received a restraining order that prevents her from being in a parenting role for any of her children.
* That same restraining order prevents her from seeing her 18 month old daughter at all (either supervised or unsupervised).

Read more:
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/06/30/kyron-horman-terri-horman-is-concerned-about/

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Oh dear. So sad. Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 9 623565 Doesn't look good for anyone, I'm afraid. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 am

Terri Moulton Horman retains Portland criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze

Published: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 8:56 PM
Updated: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 8:58 PM
Michael Russell, The Oregonian

Terri Moulton Horman has retained prominent Portland criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze as investigators continue to focus on her in the nearly monthlong disappearance of her stepson, Kyron.

Horman, who has been in seclusion at her Northwest Portland home since her husband, Kaine Horman, moved out with the couple's 19-month-old daughter, slipped past the crowd of television and print reporters at the foot of the driveway Wednesday. She returned home around 5:30 p.m. in a silver Volvo sedan with Houze, who got out to open a gate across the gravel road which had been closed for the first time.

Houze declined to answer questions, saying only that the drive was "private property." Houze left about an hour later.

More:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/terri_moulton_horman_retains_p.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:19 am

Missing Oregon Boy's Stepmom Hires Prominent Defense Attorney

By Elaine Aradillas
Thursday July 01, 2010 07:15 AM EDT

Horman, stepmom to missing 7-year-old Kyron, has hired a prominent criminal defense attorney, nearly a month after the boy went missing from his Oregon school.

Horman, 40, has been secluded inside her Skyline Ridge community home about 15 miles outside Portland since her husband, Kaine, filed for divorce and served her with a restraining order on Monday.

On Wednesday afternoon, a caravan of cars – that included her father – was seen leaving her home. Horman was not seen among them, but was spotted returning to her residence around 5:30 p.m. with Stephen A. Houze, who has been practicing law for 35 years.

According to Houze's Web site, his "practice covers a wide spectrum of serious criminal matters, ranging from death penalty defense, a major federal terrorism case, white collar fraud and environmental cases, drug cases, sexual assault cases, and professional discipline matters."

Horman has not spoken publicly about what happened on June 4 after she attended a science fair with Kyron. She told investigators she waved goodbye to Kyron as he walked to his classroom. That was the last time anyone saw the boy.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20398541,00.html

Kyron's parents Kaine and Desiree Young, along with her husband Tony, are conducting a press conference Thursday morning.
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:22 am

http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html

I think the presser will be available at this link. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:23 am

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 am

Thanks piper. That was interesting. I have to wonder if they are going to arrest her soon. I just don't know. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:11 pm

So Terri's chatting away online taking up for Terri?

You all recall her posting on blogs about other missing/dead children cases, where she always defended the suspect?

And now she gets to defend herself?

I think this woman is sick.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:40 pm

The first 911 call was 15 minutes long, the one the supposedly contained a threat. Terri could have been threatening suicide, or threatening to take Kiara and go to her parents house or something. Maybe we'll find out more today. Or better yet, Kyron will be found safe. I can't get this child off my mind. I have no idea what happened and can't even begin to make an opinion at this point as to what happened to him. I'll hold out for more information from LE.

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:47 pm

As far as the 911 calls, the first one lasted 13 minutes. Don't the operators on 911 keep the caller on the phone until the police arrives at the residence? If that is true, why would it take them 13 minutes to arrive? Especially when they said threats were being made, but they didn't say what the threats were. And after LE arrived, they did not remove anyone from the house.

The second call was not made until after 11pm, but I'm sure Kaine was already gone with the baby at that time. I think he actually left when LE was there the first time. The 911 operators did not dispatch LE this time, and said it was a custody call. Terri probably called to report Kaine kidnapped her baby. However, LE already knew the situation so they did not respond.

As everyone else says, This is JMO.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 pm

I cant believe how stupid some (educated??) ppl are.. Listening to that reporter talk how Terri's posting/commenting on a blog site doesnt make any sense to him and the reporter doesnt know what she is doing on those chat sites....WTH?? Who wudnt?

What a stupid statement to make.. If a person is being accused of something especially so serious as this, (unimanginable btw) What the Hell do they expect????? Who cudnt speak out???
I sure wud!

Hearing them refer to the 911 call being so long 13min....for that length of time, and throwing around must have been about physical violence..

They try to embellish the few facts and create the innuendo that Terri must be "violent", and try and portray that she must have been threatening someone else..when it cud have been violkence against herself.. If this is the case, of course I dont condone that behavior, however why cant many ppl see that desperation, emotional exhaustion/physical/intellectual wud have set in?? The thought of being accused of such a heinous act, when she is likley innocent is so far beyond unimangineable... I cant even begin to imagine what that wud do to a person...

Watching and hearing the media and LE go for her juglar from day one, makes it clear how influential they are.. seeing how so many ppl wont give the benefit of the doubt is just evil..

Seeing criminal profilers go along with LE for no good reason is iresponsible, and makes me sick...

How smart it is to suspect her and not consider a high risk ped who clearly has a motive....

If she did it there is no way she wud have not left evidence behind and why wud she have ever brought him to school. Why wud she have chosen to have used the school to make up this disappearance? That wud be so stupiud and it wud indicate that she clearly did a terrible job in planning out the disappearance..Her stupidity wud be indicative of many many mistakes where there is no way that LE wud not haved been able to find some evidence somewhere.. Master degree of not, I doubt her master's degree wud help her in knowing how to commit a perfect disappearance/murder plan.

It is so sad that the media and LE are doing the same thing as what they did to Misty ,....There are prolly 2 perps who are laughing...

Many of the behaviors that we are seeing are clearly reactive to what is going on starting at the top... and we now crap rolls down hill... the snowball effect is taking place becasue of stumped LE who wud rather wait and wreck crime scenes by waiting for their unlikley suspects to "break" when there is nothing to tell them..

It is predictable that society will jump on the same bandwagon where the ppl shud bbe screaming about why crimninal investigations arent started immediatley instead of weeks later where the public has been poisoned by the blind leading the blind and perps will continue to learn from this and feel confidant that they can get what they want and never even be considered as they will know mom or dad will be blamed....

This nneds to stop.. why have they not checked the landfills???????????????????????? that are 5 minurtes away from the school???????

The thing is, if they did a proper investigation they wud proilly find the victim dead or alive, where they wud be able to get the evidence to prove who did it, whether it be the mom the dad or a perp..... like in Riley Fox's case... We are the ones who need to change...

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMonkey Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Argh, I can't see Piper's video so i have no idea what everyone is talking about. Guess I can just make it up like a lot of these 'journalists' and reporters seem to be doing! lol

MissMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:10 pm

LottieM said..S

You all recall her posting on blogs about other missing/dead children cases, where she always defended the suspect?

I think this woman is sick. [/quote

----------------------------

God forbid!

I wonder if I wud have this "reputation"...... The thing is .. I dont always defend "suspects" and I wonder if I wud be labelled the same way???

What I defend is resonable doubt and innocent till proven guilty....

In stories like KC, Scott Peterson, Drew Peterson, to name a few.. the evidence was visable for all to see.. We knew the 2nd day of Laci's disappearance that Scott told Sharon that Lacy was "missing" and told one neighbor he had been golfing, and told Sharon he had been fishing.....

We also saw days later a presser of Amber Frey who was the other woman who said she knew nothing about Laci, or that he was married to Laci...

We saw Drew with a missing person and found out days later that his prior wife was found dead in her bathtub...

Those a re just a few things I mentioned where there was good reason to suspect, and as the evidence came out (that we saw with our own eyes) that the person was likley responsible....

This case (and Haleigh's case) and even Amanda Knox's, have given us NO evidence or motive....

What do many do?? We create sill motives and speculate when there are no solid reasons to anbd the next thing we know.. we have helped hang a likley innocent person...

This is not justice in my eyes...

I am soooooo an advocate for justice.. The thought that monster like the Petersons, KC, and so mnay others still have the right to breathe is sickening....

Although I cant speak for Terri, I can say that my intentions of advocating justice include trying to point out that we are judging far too quick in many cases, and my HUGE PROBLEM first and foremost, is that in doing this, we may be letting a child pig monster walk free only to hit again.......

As long as we continuie to allow LE and the media to have blinders on (to save taxpayers dollars????) we will be aiding potential pig monsters to get away with this....

I am still shocked that even though there has been no evidence against Terri or Misty for that matter....not many have asked LE to be ACCOUNTABLE.......

With all the posting and comments, hardly anyone on the entire internet talks about landfills, searches etc ..Not one reporter has questioned this... Instead we follow the lead of LE and we end up believeing the mother has left no evidence, and prolly did it...

Im not evenb saying that she is innocent (although I suspect she is) ...what I advocate is for investigations to be done and not allow LE to potentially enable monsters peds to take our children...

To now think that there are more reasons to suggest Terri was involved becasue she has posted on the net, and possibly stuck up for a potentially inncoent person.. is just ludicrous..To think that this wud be evidence to build against a person is just crazy...

Are we helping the moster pigs out there and giving them ideas? Are we teaching them that they can commit these high risk crimes and get away with it?

If proper investigations were done immediately, we wud be having the evidence needed to determine who did it, whether it was the mother or father, or pig./... Instead many of us condone the guessing game, LE choses to do in these horrible sad cases...

Im glad there are quite a few on this site, who are impartial and not so quick to judge for nothing...

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:18 pm

I admit that something fishy is goin on. I have never heard of a secret order from a judge on the same day where he gives 'sole' custody to one parent and issues a restraining order on the other. I think there should be, oh I don't know, a hearing set or something? I used to be married to a man who went quite mad....... no one would give me a restraining order for sh!t. They kept telling me "It's not against the law to act strange. Has he actually done any of the things he says he is going to do to you or your property or your children? Well, call us back if he does, then we can do something for you." So WTH is goin on over there in Oregon?! kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:53 pm

KH, Im thinking that under the circumstances that there is an unsolved case of a missing child from that home, along with (unfounded) suspicion of the mother..if she did threaten suicide (which seems plausible in this case, I wud think that the courts wud grant an order like this. Also, because there is on ongoing investigation, it makes sense that it wud be sealed ....also, because the child is named, I am thinking it wud be for her protection also...

Lets say she did threaten suicide, I cant see how the courts wudnt feel worried and want to make the best choice in this high profile case..

Also, I think a suicide threat is consistent with the reported 911 calls and how it all unfolded..

I am thinking that if we find out that it was for a suicide threat, LE wud have found away top have arrested her last week at the time, as if they have anything on her at all, they wudnt want to risk her death...

If this was the case, I wud say that everything about her, must have panned out, or they'd have her behind bars...

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMonkey Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:31 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_search_family_mem.html

Some of the article:

Kyron Horman's mother, father beg step-mother to 'fully cooperate' in inquiry

Published: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 10:38 AM
Updated: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 2:17 PM
The Oregonian

Kyron Horman's mother, Desiree Young, reads a statement as Kyron's father, Kaine, and step-father, Tony Young, stand by.

Desiree Young, Kyron Horman's mother, left a note today for the boy outside Skyline School in rural northwest Multnomah County.

Kyron Horman's father, Kaine Horman, and mother and step-father, Desiree and Tony Young, today begged the missing boy's step-mother to "fully cooperate" with investigators and shared their belief that the boy remains alive.

The three family members began meeting with reporters behind closed doors this morning. They did not answer questions about Terri Moulton Horman, the boy's step-mother, citing the ongoing investigation into Kyron's disappearance, but they expressed their belief that 7-year-old Kyron is still alive nearly four weeks after his disappearance.

They also released new physical information about the missing child. Kyron is allergic to bees. And he has a strawberry birthmark in the middle of his forehead that has faded, but reappears when he cries or becomes excited.

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young invited a group of Portland news organizations to Brooks Hill Historic Church across from Skyline School. The family spoke to the crowd of more than a dozen journalists from behind a table with two teddy bears and three stuffed frogs.

Desiree Young said family members "lean on each other" to find strength during the ordeal. "We pray every day for a resolution."

"Our days are pretty much focused on Kyron." she said.

They said they are very confident in the investigation and the investigators.

When asked about the family's belief that Kyron is still alive, Lt. Mary Lindstrand, Multnomah County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman, said: "That's what the family is going with. That's the premise law enforcement is operating under."

The news conference comes in the middle of a tumultuous week for the extended family.

And the Family Statement:

"Kyron is still alive. We would like all of you, everyone, to continue to get his face out there, to continue looking for him in your day-to-day activities. We pray each day for Kyron. We are working with investigators daily to bring Kyron home. We are extremely confident in how the investigation is going to bring him home to us. We implore Terri Horman to fully cooperate with investigators to bring Kyron home."

MissMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:02 pm

why would they ask her to cooperate when LE says that she has been?
It seems like the family is trying to portray her negatively INTENTIONALLY.

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:20 pm

I remember reading that Terri was trashed for going to the gym the week after Kyron disappeared. But no one said anything about Kaine going, and they were spotted leaving the gym together. Why was it o.k. for dad to go, but not 'mom'?

The 'wicked step mom' has been trashed since day one. Where did we learn she was having an affair? Where did we learn she was part of a swinging group? Don't you have to have a partner to join a swinging group? Was Kaine also a swinger? I haven't seen anything about that.

Thank God I have never been a step mom. I married a Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 9 873843 who had 3 kids, but they were 14, 16 & 18 and I certainly did not try to be a mom to them. They already had a mom, who knew nothing about raising kids, and I knew I couldn't do anything with them, so the 2 younger kids came one week-end a month to visit. When they showed they only wanted me to take them shopping all the time and spend money on them, which I didn't do for my 14 & 16 year olds, they finally quite coming.

After they got older, and got married, the only time they called their dad was when they needed money or wanted something. I did not contribute to their demands at all.

What I don't understand is when bio-mom got over her sickness, why didn't she take her son to live with her and her husband? This is a very strange situation, and I need to know lots more than I do now before I can execute anyone.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:26 pm

The family 'implores Terri to fully cooperate with investigators to bring Kyron home'?

Apparently 'the family' doesn't think Terri is cooperating with investigators. Wonder what they think she's not telling?

Are they simply speculating she knows more? Just pulling some contrived fantasy out of the air? aj....maybe you need to write to the family and tell them to stop that! ;)

What happened to Kyron? That sweet little boy who woke up that morning ready to show his science project and have a wonderful day! Gone! Without a trace!

I don't believe there is any such thing as a perfect crime....only people who don't look in the right places or follow the right clues.

It seems LE and the family are looking at Terri as knowing more than she's saying. What do they think she knows? Is it that she knows who took Kyron? Or do they simply think she's innocently not remembering some instance that might lead them to Kyron?

The family has isolated Terri from the herd! Why? We don't know what conversations have been had between family members since Kyron went missing....but they no longer believe in her. Cindy and George, they are not!

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:35 pm

tish wrote:why would they ask her to cooperate when LE says that she has been?
It seems like the family is trying to portray her negatively INTENTIONALLY.

Strangest case ever! It does seem like they family is going out of their way to isolate Terri on the bad side, while all the rest of them are wearing white hats!

I think it was over-kill for Kaine to serve Terri with divorce papers at this time. Why was he thinking about divorce when his son is missing? Can't the divorce wait? What's the rush?

Is it possible Kaine antagonized Terri into a conflict from which he could then file his RO and take the baby too?

Is Terri being set up? Did the real mom come to school and take Kyron? I don't like the way Desirae fake cries....if it were Casey doing that, everyone would be all over it as fake.

What the heck? Maybe Desirae and Kaine were talking about getting back together. Maybe this whole thing is Desirae's doing to get Kaine back.

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:55 pm

MissMonkey wrote:Argh, I can't see Piper's video so i have no idea what everyone is talking about. Guess I can just make it up like a lot of these 'journalists' and reporters seem to be doing! lol
You probably need to turn on HTML to see the videos MissMonkey. Try clicking on the Profile button, then click Preferences, then scroll down to Always allow HTML and choose yes, then scroll down more and click Save.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 9 Htmlrnn
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:03 pm

sitemama wrote:

What I don't understand is when bio-mom got over her sickness, why didn't she take her son to live with her and her husband? This is a very strange situation, and I need to know lots more than I do now before I can execute anyone.

Bio mom was over Kaine even before Kryon was born. She filed for divorce when she was 8 months pregnant. What's up with that?

Then, right! She doesn't go back for her only child! Ever! Why not? Sure, she's got visitation rights...but for the bio mom to lose primary custody, what was wrong with bio mom? Did she give Kyron up voluntarily? Did she not want him? Has she been paying child support all these years?

The threesome of Kaine, Terri and Desirae is weird! Desirae's best friend, Terri, moves in with Desirae's husband and cares for Desirae's only child...then she marries Desirae's ex-husband. Desirae and Terri remain friends this whole time.

And weirder still, is Terri having a child by her first marriage, getting a divorce, marrying again and this new husband- who is divorced from Terri- adopts the child and is paying child support even to this day....while the real dad is off the hook. But we hear that the kid/James is currently living with his real dad! I wonder who's getting the child support checks from the adoptive dad now?

Was Desirae paying Kaine child support for Kyron? Was she sick of it since Kaine was making a pretty good living while she was making do on a policeman's salary?

Seems on Terri's end, she has access to child support checks from Jame's adoptive dad AND from Desirae. If the rumor mill is true, then James was removed from her care in March this year.....the support checks may not have been far from being lost. And now, with the divorce filed by Kaine, Terri is going to lose support checks for Kyron....and have to pay out for the baby girl...or did Kaine specify he didn't want any child support for Kiara?

I can't wait till some facts bust loose in this case!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Lottie said..
"aj....maybe you need to write to the family and tell them to stop that! ;)"

Hi Lottie,

It seems far too late for that... LE and the media have clearly influenced their thinking.. I personally wudnt be surprised if she was having an affair..

Seems like Kaine's filing for divorce and RO may be a direct result of being severely betrayed... If Terri has hurt him (not having anything to do with case)... one might be able to understand harsh actions.. as well as Kaine lashing out against her, by publically doubting her...

Either way, no Kyron, and seems most media is only interested in reporting/asking about Terri... Why no questions of what steps are next? Have any steps been missed???

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:40 pm

LottieM wrote:
sitemama wrote:

Bio mom was over Kaine even before Kryon was born. She filed for divorce when she was 8 months pregnant. What's up with that?

Then, right! She doesn't go back for her only child! Ever! Why not? Sure, she's got visitation rights...but for the bio mom to lose primary custody, what was wrong with bio mom? Did she give Kyron up voluntarily? Did she not want him? Has she been paying child support all these years?

The threesome of Kaine, Terri and Desirae is weird! Desirae's best friend, Terri, moves in with Desirae's husband and cares for Desirae's only child...then she marries Desirae's ex-husband. Desirae and Terri remain friends this whole time.

And weirder still, is Terri having a child by her first marriage, getting a divorce, marrying again and this new husband- who is divorced from Terri- adopts the child and is paying child support even to this day....while the real dad is off the hook. But we hear that the kid/James is currently living with his real dad! I wonder who's getting the child support checks from the adoptive dad now?

Was Desirae paying Kaine child support for Kyron? Was she sick of it since Kaine was making a pretty good living while she was making do on a policeman's salary?

Seems on Terri's end, she has access to child support checks from Jame's adoptive dad AND from Desirae. If the rumor mill is true, then James was removed from her care in March this year.....the support checks may not have been far from being lost. And now, with the divorce filed by Kaine, Terri is going to lose support checks for Kyron....and have to pay out for the baby girl...or did Kaine specify he didn't want any child support for Kiara?

I can't wait till some facts bust loose in this case!

BBM

Have you seen something that indicates Terri has been receiving child support payments from both James' dad and from Desiree? I would think that if James was removed from her care (I thought it was his choice to live with his father), that she would not be receiving child support payments any longer, if, in fact, she was receiving them to begin with.

I am in total agreement with you that we needs some FACTS in this case in order to tone down some of the wild speculation going on..... it's RAMPANT!
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:47 pm

Lottie and AJ, yes Terri was receiving child support checks from her second husband, who adopted James. He was not getting along with Kaine, went to Terri's parents for a visit, and did not come back. Instead went to live with his bio father. No mention if bio dad is receiving the support checks now.

And yes, in the divorce papers filed, Kaine is asking for child support from Terri for the baby, Kiera (sp?).

sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:39 pm

awaiting justice wrote:LottieM said..S

I think this woman is sick. [/quote

God forbid!

I wonder if I wud have this "reputation"...... The thing is .. I dont always defend "suspects" and I wonder if I wud be labelled the same way???

What I defend is resonable doubt and innocent till proven guilty....

In stories like KC, Scott Peterson, Drew Peterson, to name a few.. the evidence was visable for all to see.. We knew the 2nd day of Laci's disappearance that Scott told Sharon that Lacy was "missing" and told one neighbor he had been golfing, and told Sharon he had been fishing.....

We also saw days later a presser of Amber Frey who was the other woman who said she knew nothing about Laci, or that he was married to Laci...

We saw Drew with a missing person and found out days later that his prior wife was found dead in her bathtub...

Those a re just a few things I mentioned where there was good reason to suspect, and as the evidence came out (that we saw with our own eyes) that the person was likley responsible....

This case (and Haleigh's case) and even Amanda Knox's, have given us NO evidence or motive....

What do many do?? We create sill motives and speculate when there are no solid reasons to anbd the next thing we know.. we have helped hang a likley innocent person...

This is not justice in my eyes...

I am soooooo an advocate for justice.. The thought that monster like the Petersons, KC, and so mnay others still have the right to breathe is sickening....

Although I cant speak for Terri, I can say that my intentions of advocating justice include trying to point out that we are judging far too quick in many cases, and my HUGE PROBLEM first and foremost, is that in doing this, we may be letting a child pig monster walk free only to hit again.......

As long as we continuie to allow LE and the media to have blinders on (to save taxpayers dollars????) we will be aiding potential pig monsters to get away with this....

I am still shocked that even though there has been no evidence against Terri or Misty for that matter....not many have asked LE to be ACCOUNTABLE.......

With all the posting and comments, hardly anyone on the entire internet talks about landfills, searches etc ..Not one reporter has questioned this... Instead we follow the lead of LE and we end up believeing the mother has left no evidence, and prolly did it...

Im not evenb saying that she is innocent (although I suspect she is) ...what I advocate is for investigations to be done and not allow LE to potentially enable monsters peds to take our children...

To now think that there are more reasons to suggest Terri was involved becasue she has posted on the net, and possibly stuck up for a potentially inncoent person.. is just ludicrous..To think that this wud be evidence to build against a person is just crazy...

Are we helping the moster pigs out there and giving them ideas? Are we teaching them that they can commit these high risk crimes and get away with it?

If proper investigations were done immediately, we wud be having the evidence needed to determine who did it, whether it was the mother or father, or pig./... Instead many of us condone the guessing game, LE choses to do in these horrible sad cases...

Im glad there are quite a few on this site, who are impartial and not so quick to judge for nothing...

aj, it was confirmed that Terri wasn't chatting as herself on that blog. She was using a fake name that was verified to actually be her. I wouldn't have a problem with her defending herself in her own name....but playing games by using an alter and taking up for herself as if she's an unknown supporter is sick!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:46 pm

sitemama, you are right that Terri and Kaine both went to the gym! And I agree with you, if people are going to pick on Terri for it they should also pick on Kaine.

I really don't get why either of them just had to go to the gym with Kyron being in an unknown situation....the next thing you know we'll be hearing how the kidnapper copied Zanny the Nanny and told them to act normally for 30 days! Rolling Eyes
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Why??? If you can imagine to be in her position do you think you might do things that you wudnt normally do???

I am sure she was told by her family and any legal ppl, not to do it... I wud agree that she shud have never taken the bait, whether it was a fake name or her own....

I can also see how many ppl wud not have been able to contain themselves especially if she is innocent...

I really doubt at this point that she can do anything right in many ppls eyes.. LE started it and the media and a big part of the internet has run wth it (like in Haleighs case) Her immediate family has been influenced and now what? No Kyron and a huge waste of 2 weeks and no searching landfills etc...

What I think is sick, is the (very good) possibility that she is innocent and will be framed for this as there are no other answers...

I also thought it was sick to hear NG go on and actually put words into biomoms mouth..

NG went on to say that in her statement, biomom told Terri to fess up and tell them where he is... she also went on about Terri going to the gym but never mentioned that Kaine was with her.. It was said by LE that they insisted on them doing things they normally did no matter how hard it was as well as not searching

Of course that isnt what she said at all..

It seems plausible to think that now that Terri has lawyered up (thankfully) they fear she will quit being interrogated over and over and stop taking polys...

LE need to find Kyron and then they can figure out who took him. Why are we accepting the lack of investigating outside of interrogations?

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:08 pm

It's my understanding the gym was associated with the search in some way...I'll have to find the article. That was why Kaine and Terri were there together that day.

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:45 am

Piper wrote:It's my understanding the gym was associated with the search in some way...I'll have to find the article. That was why Kaine and Terri were there together that day.

Piper, I hope you can find that!

aj, just wanted to say that I personally was not influenced by the media or anyone else in my suspicion of Terri. I think I beat the media to it actually! :)

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:55 am

Kyron Horman's parents urge stepmother's cooperation, want people to keep looking for the missing boy

Published: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 9:04 PM
Updated: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 9:05 PM
Bryan Denson, The Oregonian

The parents of Kyron Horman said Thursday they believe the missing 7-year old is still alive, and they beseeched the boy's stepmother -- ousted by the family -- to cooperate with police.

"We are extremely confident in how the investigation is going to bring him home to us," said Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, reading from a prepared statement. "We implore Terri Horman to fully cooperate with investigators to bring Kyron home."

The missing boy's parents would not answer other questions about Horman, Kyron's stepmother. Authorities say she was the last person to see him before he vanished June 4 from Skyline School.

Today marks the four-week anniversary of the second-grader's disappearance.

Earlier this week, the boy's father, Kaine Horman, filed papers to divorce Terri Horman and was granted a restraining order that prevents her from seeing their toddler, Kiara.

Terri Horman retained prominent defense lawyer Stephen Houze. He declined to address the parents’ plea to the stepmother. “We're not making any comments about this matter right now,” Houze said.

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said in a phone interview that investigators believe Kyron is still alive "until we have information to the contrary."

"The investigation has not revealed anything to the contrary," he said.

He added that he could not comment on whether investigators consider Terri Horman -- or anyone else -- a person of interest in the case.

The sheriff said he's heard nothing to suggest Terri Horman's willingness to cooperate with police has changed, except that her decision to hire a lawyer "changes the dynamic on how we interact and at what level we interact."

Investigators have gotten more than 2,500 tips from a call line and interviews with people in the community, Staton said.

In the news briefing at a church across the street from Kyron's school, Kaine Horman, Desiree Young and her husband, Tony Young, released new information they hoped would help find the missing boy.

They said he is allergic to bees. He loves sushi and macaroni and cheese. And he has a V-shaped strawberry birthmark in the middle of his forehead that has faded, but reappears when he cries or gets upset.

"We would like all of you, everyone, to continue to get his face out there, to continue looking for him in your day-to-day activities," the family wrote in a handwritten statement on a white piece of notebook paper.

Read the rest:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_family_ask_for_s.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:36 am

This is a strange tale of the press conference(s) by the dad, biomom and her hubby. What do you guys think?

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/01/kyron-hormans-family-boots-ww-and-the-oregonian/

Kyron Horman’s Family Boots WW and The Oregonian from Bizarre News Event

1:04 PM July 1st, 2010 by James Pitkin

The saga of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman got a little more bizarre today at a news conference held this morning by the boy’s family.

The event at Brooks Hill Historic Church was arranged on Wednesday by Kyron’s father Kaine Horman, biological mother Desiree Young and her husband, Medford Police Detective Tony Young.

Absent was Terri Moulton Horman, the stepmom investigators say was the last person known to have seen Kyron before his June 4 disappearance. Kaine Horman filed for divorce and a restraining order against her earlier this week. And she’s since hired star criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze.

Today, Kaine Horman and the Youngs sat at the head of a table in a room filled with more than two dozen national and local reporters for print, TV and radio. As the meeting began at 10 a.m., Kaine Horman started out by explaining “the agenda.” This wasn’t going to be a typical press conference.

Horman said the family’s goal was to make “the story” about Kyron. With news of the divorce and investigators homing in on the stepmom, media coverage (including in WW) has increasingly focused on Kyron’s troubled family.

First came Horman’s “ground rules,” as he described them. No cameras. No recordings. Everything was off the record and couldn’t be reported, unless agreed otherwise. Horman made everyone in the room agree to these rules before proceeding. And so this roomful of reporters consented, in essence, not to be reporters.

Horman then laid out how the meeting would go. They would take questions, make some phone calls (presumably to investigators, to find out what they could say in their answers), then return and make an on-the-record statement. But first, Horman wanted all the reporters he didn’t know to introduce themselves.

KEX radio, KATU, The Portland Tribune and “Inside Edition” all got the nod from Horman. But then came Shane Kavanaugh and Bryan Denson of The Oregonian.

Horman said the family didn’t like The Oregonian’s coverage and wanted them to leave. Horman said the daily had failed to be a “team player.”

“This is a team, and if we’re not going to play as a team, there’s no point in being here,” Horman said. “This is about Kyron.”

Denson objected, saying he’s new to the story and after 28 years in journalism he’s “a pretty good reporter.” But there was no arguing. The family wanted The O gone, and a woman who said she’s a manager at the church escorted them out. The biggest newspaper in the state had been eighty-sixed.

I introduced myself and said I’m with Willamette Week. Horman said the family has the same problem with WW. I agreed to leave. And so the paper with the second-biggest circulation in Oregon was also kicked out.

As far as I was concerned, after getting kicked out all deals were off. I wasn’t going to keep the meeting off the record.

According to a reporter who stayed, the family went on to lay out more “ground rules” for the future. They said they’d hold these “news conferences” (if you can call them that) twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays, as time allows. They would make prepared statements, answer some questions submitted in writing and may also do occasional interviews.

“They want us to cover Kyron, and they’re not going to get neck-deep in gossip and rumors,” the reporter said.

ABC News convinced the family to make an on-the-record statement in front of one camera, with the tape available as pool footage for other reporters. After more than an hour inside the church, the reporters were sent outside while the family stayed in to prepare a statement.

The reporter at the scene said The Oregonian had somehow gotten back on the family’s good side and was among those waiting outside to hear the prepared statement.

At shortly after 12:30, the family emerged from the church and Desiree Young gave a brief statement in which she implored Terri Moulton Horman to cooperate with investigators. She also said the family believes Kyron is still alive. Check out the video with KATU’s coverage:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97614744.html?tab=video
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:33 am

Wow..........I've never heard of anything like that.
I hope Kyron is alive. What is it that Terri knows?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 am

Lottie said,

aj, just wanted to say that I personally was not influenced by the media or anyone else in my suspicion of Terri. I think I beat the media to it actually! :)

Hi Lottie,

Unfortunately, I dont think you are alone! I think many ppl amongst society, have become desensitized in a way where we forget about innocent till proven guilty...and the true meaning of reasonable doubt...

I know from reading many different sites that many ppl, were the same as you. In reading the net in high profile news, Im starting to see that the ppl lead the media in terms of what the readers want.. Seems like the media reads the net to try and determine what the ppl want to hear.. eg.. do they only want to read about possible dysfuntion, or do they want to know about what steps are being taken to find a little boy?? Seems like the latter, isnt even a concern for many...

It seems rampant. The way it seems to me is that the media has provoked this way of thinking and ppl have run with it...

Reading of so many ppl wrongly accused/suspected (and many wrongfully convicted) used to surprse me. I used to think that these wrong accusations/convictions were like sooo isolated. I didnt understand how one cud find themself in the middle of an investigation for no good reason. I see now how it happens. I also see how ppl allow themselves to be poisoned. I see it as a social problem.

As long as we the ppl, condone shoddy investigations and have no expectations of many LE bureaus, I dont see anything changing. As long as we accept that the media will spend all their air time discussing the families of victims, nothing will change.

I wonder if unbiased reporting is gone for good? I really miss good reporters who ask hard questions about facts...eg. Will you be checking landfills? Have there been any RSO who arent found? ya know those type of questions I want answers too...

Seeing reporters like vultures writing about a mother or father of a victim, perpetuates (and imo interferes with)the investigation, where it seems like it will never be solved, and the one who will hold the bag is a family member where we have likley assisted a monster walk away only to reoffend.. I pray for change!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next