Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heartbreaking Child Abuse: Mom Tells Kids She's Moving Without Them, Cops Arrest Her

3 posters

Go down

Heartbreaking Child Abuse: Mom Tells Kids She's Moving Without Them, Cops Arrest Her Empty Heartbreaking Child Abuse: Mom Tells Kids She's Moving Without Them, Cops Arrest Her

Post by Justice4all Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Heartbreaking Child Abuse: Mom Tells Kids She's Moving Without Them, Cops Arrest Her

Posted by Barry Leibowitz
June 16, 2010 7:43 AM

HOENIX (CBS/AP) Arizona police officers arrested a mother after she reportedly told police -- and her children -- she didn't want them any more.

Police in the Phoenix suburb of Surprise say they received a phone call Friday, June 11 from an 11-year-old boy who said his mother was packing and moving to California and wasn't taking him or his 6-year-old brother with her.

Police spokesman Sgt. Mark Ortega said the boy's mother, Christina Muniz, 29, came out of her home and told officers that she was "sick of her children" and wanted the police to take them so she can "have fun and play."

Officers said they then contacted Child Protective Services. As the children were being removed by CPS, officers said the 11-year-old attempted to hug his mother and was met with a punch to the abdomen.

Muniz was arrested and charged with child neglect, felony aggravated assault, disorderly conduct and possession of drug paraphernalia.

During a court appearance Monday, a magistrate said it was heartbreaking to read the police report.

Muniz, dressed in her black and white-striped jail garb, told the magistrate it "was a big misunderstanding, miscommunication."

Muniz was then scolded by the magistrate, who said she doubted it was a misunderstanding and that Muniz said a lot of things in front of her children. She urged Muniz to get counseling.

Bond was set at $20,000 and Muniz was ordered not to have any contact with her children unless it's supervised by the state.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007831-504083.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Heartbreaking Child Abuse: Mom Tells Kids She's Moving Without Them, Cops Arrest Her Empty Re: Heartbreaking Child Abuse: Mom Tells Kids She's Moving Without Them, Cops Arrest Her

Post by Justice4all Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:59 pm

I can't believe a mother would treat her children this way. I'm glad they were taken away before she ended up doing more damage.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Heartbreaking Child Abuse: Mom Tells Kids She's Moving Without Them, Cops Arrest Her Empty Re: Heartbreaking Child Abuse: Mom Tells Kids She's Moving Without Them, Cops Arrest Her

Post by Julie Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:03 pm

snipped:

Officers said they then contacted Child Protective Services. As the children were being removed by CPS, officers said the 11-year-old attempted to hug his mother and was met with a punch to the abdomen.

What a wicked woman!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:38 pm

I can't believe she punched him in the belly.... what an awful mother. But I'm willing to wager the boy would take the punch over being murdered by his mother any day.

Poor little kids.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:43 pm

What is also sad, he still loves her, even after she did that to him. I wonder how many other times she has done that to them.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Children are so very forgiving..... all they want is to be loved by their parents.

It's so sad. I hope they are able to make it through this with someone who really does love them and can give them all the support they need.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:50 pm

I agree, maybe there's a grandmother who can love & nuture them.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down