Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

+11
Maat
Justice4all
*KJ*
khintx
FystyAngel
JAG
Piper
sitemama
LottieM
Snaz
Calypso
15 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

Post by Piper Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi Maat! Welcome to RC Very Happy

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

Post by Maat Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks! I think I might just like it here. beer
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Love your avatar 8)
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Hey Maat!
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks! The avatar goes with the name. rocker I found it and loved it.
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:23 pm

Final comments of the night for me....

Well, that question and answer session was a complete failure! Are the reporters censored or just brain dead? Or, what's in the koolaid in Portland? haha

Welcome Maat! :) I'm glad there's 2 'a's in your name or my greeting would have been too funny! Hope you enjoy it here!

This is the first I've heard about a red car being seen on the island...the other vehicle too. Why haven't Kaine and Dez been all over this one?

I wish someone would say what kind of car Dez and Tony have....but then again, there's always rentals.

I had a really odd thought....what if Terri didn't have her cell phone on June 4? What if she left it in the red mustang....and then the mustang was seen at the island...and the cell pinged from there?

I'd still love to know how often Kaine left work early and worked from home.

I don't find DeDe not answering her cell phone for 90 minutes on June 4 any more strange than Kaine coming home on June 4 when he did and being the first one out to the bus stop. Both could be coincidences or not.

Ok...night all! :)

LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Wait...one more thing...

I've said many times and I'll say again...

Desiree, Please stop saying you'd have come to the science fair like you wanted to if you hadn't had to work that day. It was a 4 1/2 hour drive! A little ole science fair is not going to get you out of bed at 3AM followed by driving 4 1/2 hours! You can't even drive 4 1/2 hours to pick Kyron up for weekends, and that's much better than a science fair. You are FOS.

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Scaredmonkeys.com is confirming the cousin of Dede Spicher, Jonesr, is legit. http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8300.320

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99146044.html

(snipped)

Spicher declined to answer questions from reporters Friday as she raced out of her house and into a waiting car driven by her father. Her father, who identified himself as a sheriff’s deputy with the Klamath County Sheriff’s Office, also declined to comment on the accusations from Kyron’s family.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:45 pm

Photobucket

WHO IS RUNNING THIS INVESTIGATION?!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:00 am

Photobucket

OK, OR IS IT THIS GUY?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:14 am

roflao
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:16 am

It could be one of these two.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 6 Jbest311 Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 6 Barney10
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:17 am

roflao
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:18 am

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 6 BDD_frank_drebin_clemens_12
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:52 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20011520-504083.html

Here's some posters comments I thought were worth repeating:

by carolirvin July 23, 2010 10:40 PM EDT

What everyone would like the stepmother to admit is that she murdered the kid and disposed of his body. That is the only "information" that she is likely to have. She has a legal right not to incriminate herself and she is exercising that legal right. If a friend of hers is telling her that she is correct in exercising that right, that's rather to be expected. Neither of these women is presently violating the criminal or civil laws and the other parents threatening to sue the friend are being badly advised (if any lawyer advised them of this non-existent lawsuit). I really wonder if the police have sat down with these parents and explained the slim likelihood of the child's being found alive at this point. If he were alive, someone would have to be feeding him wherever he was hidden and we know none of the suspects are doing so. The only realistic way he is alive is if the person who took him was NOT the stepmother, but someone who wanted a little boy. He would have been kidnapped but not for ransom. The police do not appear to be pursuing that angle so it appears they believe someone close to him made him disappear and for it to be this long, that person must be a murderer. Much as I hate the idea of CCTV cameras everywhere, (like England has) if we had those at the school, we would know for sure whether someone else nabbed him at the school or not. and/or whether the stepmother dropped him off at school or not. That is the kind of "information" which is sorely needed in this case but the probable murderer will not be the one supplying it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
by tandemduo280 July 23, 2010 6:32 PM EDT

Think of "lack of cooperation" as "right to remain silent", and you'll be closer to the truth. Certainly, Law Enforcement can subpoena a party to testify under oath in court. But that would require them to be forthcoming with whatever evidence they have, something they have been reluctant to do. The complete lack of transparancy by the investigation is what has led to this standoff, and all the rampant speculation that has gone along with it.

Truth is, after seven weeks and upwards of $400,000, LE hasn't produced a single shred of evidence.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:10 am

Maat wrote:Thanks! I think I might just like it here. beer

Welcome Maat. Glad to see you here. kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:15 am

LottieM wrote:Final comments of the night for me....

Well, that question and answer session was a complete failure! Are the reporters censored or just brain dead?........

The reporters had to Email their questions in and LE took 2 days to pick and choose which questions to answer and how. ....... I don't think it's the new journalists who are alseep at the wheel here. In fact, I am sure they would love it if LE fired K&D as their unofficially-official "information officers" and got a real one out there for some face time instead.

kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:51 am

Calypso wrote:Scaredmonkeys.com is confirming the cousin of Dede Spicher, Jonesr, is legit. http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8300.320

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99146044.html

(snipped)

Spicher declined to answer questions from reporters Friday as she raced out of her house and into a waiting car driven by her father. Her father, who identified himself as a sheriff’s deputy with the Klamath County Sheriff’s Office, also declined to comment on the accusations from Kyron’s family.

How many "outside" cops are in this case? Tony...now this gentleman.

JAG

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24397

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:56 am

KH, I get your point and agree.. I wud have also liked to see what questions were emailed... What questions are LE avoiding..

Maat, Welcome! your posts are intriguing...

Calupso,

thanks for sharing that article/post...

It completely makes sense.. I agree that if in fact Kyron is alive, the only likely chance wud be that someone took him for their own.. To love him and take care of him.. (warped, and sick, but not someone intending to hurt him)
I do think that the other possibility of Kyron being alive is that someone like:

the pig Ken Parnell who stole Steven Stayner, or

the pig Michael J. Devlin who stole Shawn Hornsbeck or

the pig Brian David Mitchell, who stole Elizabeth Smart from out of her bed, or

the pig like Phillipe Garrido who stole Jaycee, ...only to name a few....or

Above are only a few names of pigs who kept their victims alive...

most of the above were high risk abductions where children were taken from places where imo the perp, committed ultimate high risk abductions where there was a great chance he was going to get caught bit lucked out... In most of the cases I have cited, the parents blamed....

I think there is a strong possibility that Kyron is no longer with us as many crimes we have known about are the ultimate high risk abduction where you almost have to think the pig did in fact hope to get caught or at least not care.. these caases wud be like:

the pig who stole Jessica Lunsford, where we know PIG Cooey took her out of her bed and after molesting her for days on end, buried her alive where she was found dead...

the pig who stole Polly Klaas, from under her sleeping mothers nose, (friends were witnesses so the blaming of the family was much less) where pig Richard Allen Davis killed her after he tormented her for days before killing her and

the pig David Westerfield took Danielle Vandam under her sleeping parent's nose and mollested and killed her, or

the pig Scott Eby, took little Riley Fox from her her slumber (where the father was wrongfully changed and convicted)

or the pig Alejandro Avila, who stole Samantha Runion right out from her mothers eye, and molested and killed her.....

These are just a few extremly high risk abductions where in almost EVERY CASE, the PARENT WAS BLAMED, and in one case THE PARENT WAS WRONGFULLY CONVICTED.....

I woinder if LE have asked themself, why it seems so impossible to them, that someone wud enter into a school and take a child??? How many examples do they need to see, before they will EVEN CVONSIDER it possible.. How can they so quickly rule out the possibility? Do they not see that in every mentioned case, it took the victim to be found (dead or alive) for the LE in these cases to let the parent off the hook.....of course in one case, they even had the remaons but planted a shoe (of the father) at the scene so to help confirm their suspicion.. of course they were wrong!

WHat is wrong with LE??? How dare they instill potential fals e hope on many parents in that community, and taint the image of a step mother, who has only been described as a loving, present, mother????? WHat justice are they serving by doing this...?

How many more victims need to lose their little lives in vain while their most loved is accussed???????

To think that LE has the support of the media and most of the community almost makes me hurl... Arent reporters supposed to be impartial? Arent LE supposed let evidence lead to the perp? Arent ppl supposed to be innocnent until proven guilty... There is something terribly wrong with the system....

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:09 pm

Those comments make sense Calypso. Kaine and Desiree better hope they are wrong about Terri, or the chances of Kyron being alive are slim since Terri's obviously not taking food to him in some hidden location.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Kyron Horman update: Kyron Horman case to be featured on Dateline

Jul 23, 2010
Author Melissa Finlay

The case of missing 7-year-old boy Kyron Horman will be featured on the crime news program ‘Dateline.’ Kate Snow will report on the latest developments in the case and will include interviews with Kyron’s parents Kaine Horman and Desiree Young. Tony Young, Desiree’s husband and Kyron’s stepfather, will also be interviewed.

The show will air Monday, July 26, 2010 at 10:00 p.m./ET.

The following are excerpts from the show.

went missing:

KATE SNOW: You’ve been informed that she was trying to hire someone to murder you.

//

KAINE HORMAN: I didn’t believe it at first. It was something that I couldn’t even wrap my head around at the time–

//

SNOW: There’d been no indication in your marriage–

KAINE HORMAN: No.

SNOW: –that things were that bad or that she was upset with you.

KAINE HORMAN: No.

//

SNOW: Do you fear for your safety now, Kaine? For your daughter?

KAINE HORMAN: I fear for my daughter.

//

SNOW: Do you think she is capable of hurting a child?

KAINE HORMAN: If you asked me before this situation, my answer’s no. Based on what I know now, I don’t know.

//

KAINE HORMAN: I think anything is possible, based on the way things have gone over the past few weeks.

Re: Desiree’s husband Tony says that as early as the first night of the investigation, the very day Kyron went missing, he explained to the family what to expect from detectives. Tony expresses surprise at Terri Horman’s reaction:

TONY YOUNG: I explained to each person that now our lives are not private anymore, that the investigators are going to want to know very detailed information about our lives …

TONY YOUNG: She instantly started to express some displeasure at that and not wanting — feeling like she was persecuted. And I thought that was kind of an unusual reaction that early.

RE: Tony reveals to “Dateline” that the police asked Terri Horman to submit to a polygraph more than once:

TONY YOUNG: I thought something must not be right. Something must not be allowing them to check her off the list.

//

KATE SNOW: Is it possible, though, that she was just nervous, that she didn’t pass her lie detector test with flying colors because she was emotional or upset or–

TONY YOUNG: // There’s more to it than just that. // The information that you’re giving, does it does it hit your ear and sound right? Does it make sense? //

KATE SNOW: She wasn’t making sense?

TONY YOUNG: Not from the information I heard from her.

RE: Kyron’s mother, Desiree Young, in Kyron’s bedroom that she’s left just as it was the last day Kyron was there:

DESIREE YOUNG: His bed I still can’t bring myself to make it. It’s the same as it was when he last slept in it. And I can’t put away his laundry. His cars are still out — he was playing with his little car wash last time he was here.

David Corvo is the executive producer of “Dateline NBC.”

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=8279
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Desiree is either lazy or lying for sympathy. I'm sure Kyron was with Kaine for the entire week, Sunday thru Friday. That means he didn't sleep in that bed since Saturday nite, and Sunday would have been the last day he played with his toys. My God woman, don't you clean your house sometime during the week.

That bed should have been made Sunday morning when he got out of it, unless you knew you were not going to see him again, and this was a sympathy strategy.

Even CA had made the beds in her house when news media went in shortly after they knew Caylee was missing.

Who goes almost a full week without making beds and picking up toys. We have to pick up toys every day. And, I have taught all my kids that a warm bed is easier to make up than a cold one, so make it up as soon as you get out of it.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:50 pm

LottieM wrote:Final comments of the night for me....

Well, that question and answer session was a complete failure! Are the reporters censored or just brain dead? Or, what's in the koolaid in Portland? haha

I agree...I'm sure that there were a LOT more questions than what was answered. I'm pretty sure that LE selected those that they could answer, those that they could beat around the bush, and left those that they just couldn't comment on out all together.

I've just logged on for the day, I'm not sure if there are other questions that may have been directly answered to the media outlets or if that is it...I need to catch up, and then check out the new media reports before I can draw the same conclusion...but I'm pretty confident that I will Rolling Eyes
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:04 pm

sitemama wrote:Desiree is either lazy or lying for sympathy. I'm sure Kyron was with Kaine for the entire week, Sunday thru Friday. That means he didn't sleep in that bed since Saturday nite, and Sunday would have been the last day he played with his toys. My God woman, don't you clean your house sometime during the week.

That bed should have been made Sunday morning when he got out of it, unless you knew you were not going to see him again, and this was a sympathy strategy.

Even CA had made the beds in her house when news media went in shortly after they knew Caylee was missing.

Who goes almost a full week without making beds and picking up toys. We have to pick up toys every day. And, I have taught all my kids that a warm bed is easier to make up than a cold one, so make it up as soon as you get out of it.

I believe she's refering to his bed at Kaine's house...and she's trying to make it seem like she's so in tuned with what goes on with Kyron at Kaines' house that she knows he was playing with his car wash...truth is she knows because that night she went to his room because she was afraid, and saw his bed unmade and saw his things out... Rolling Eyes

I know the world loves this woman, I just don't like her. I'm not going to say that she's guilty or it's her fault or anything, but I find her somewhat manipulative and really not doing things that would promote progress in this investigation. If she is REALLY of the belief that Terri is involved...she sure is making it easy for her to hate the family enough to hurt him, IF he is hidden somewhere.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 pm

KJ, Desiree's comments will be shown on Dateline Monday nite when she takes the reporter into his room at her house, not Kaine's house. I'm sure she was not in tuned to what went on at Kaine's house. She didn't even come to pick up Kyron on the week-ends that she was to have him, Terri always made the 4-1/2 hr drive to her house, and then 4-1/2 hours back home.

I don't know about the world loving this woman, but I sure don't even like her. She is treating Kaine like a puppet and she is pulling his strings. They seem to be more of a couple than she and Tony do.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:27 pm

awaiting justice wrote:KH, I get your point and agree.. I wud have also liked to see what questions were emailed... What questions are LE avoiding..

Maat, Welcome! your posts are intriguing...

Calupso,

thanks for sharing that article/post...

It completely makes sense.. I agree that if in fact Kyron is alive, the only likely chance wud be that someone took him for their own.. To love him and take care of him.. (warped, and sick, but not someone intending to hurt him)
I do think that the other possibility of Kyron being alive is that someone like:

the pig Ken Parnell who stole Steven Stayner, or

the pig Michael J. Devlin who stole Shawn Hornsbeck or

the pig Brian David Mitchell, who stole Elizabeth Smart from out of her bed, or

the pig like Phillipe Garrido who stole Jaycee, ...only to name a few....or

Above are only a few names of pigs who kept their victims alive...

most of the above were high risk abductions where children were taken from places where imo the perp, committed ultimate high risk abductions where there was a great chance he was going to get caught bit lucked out... In most of the cases I have cited, the parents blamed....

I think there is a strong possibility that Kyron is no longer with us as many crimes we have known about are the ultimate high risk abduction where you almost have to think the pig did in fact hope to get caught or at least not care.. these caases wud be like:

the pig who stole Jessica Lunsford, where we know PIG Cooey took her out of her bed and after molesting her for days on end, buried her alive where she was found dead...

the pig who stole Polly Klaas, from under her sleeping mothers nose, (friends were witnesses so the blaming of the family was much less) where pig Richard Allen Davis killed her after he tormented her for days before killing her and

the pig David Westerfield took Danielle Vandam under her sleeping parent's nose and mollested and killed her, or

the pig Scott Eby, took little Riley Fox from her her slumber (where the father was wrongfully changed and convicted)

or the pig Alejandro Avila, who stole Samantha Runion right out from her mothers eye, and molested and killed her.....

These are just a few extremly high risk abductions where in almost EVERY CASE, the PARENT WAS BLAMED, and in one case THE PARENT WAS WRONGFULLY CONVICTED.....

I woinder if LE have asked themself, why it seems so impossible to them, that someone wud enter into a school and take a child??? How many examples do they need to see, before they will EVEN CVONSIDER it possible.. How can they so quickly rule out the possibility? Do they not see that in every mentioned case, it took the victim to be found (dead or alive) for the LE in these cases to let the parent off the hook.....of course in one case, they even had the remaons but planted a shoe (of the father) at the scene so to help confirm their suspicion.. of course they were wrong!

WHat is wrong with LE??? How dare they instill potential fals e hope on many parents in that community, and taint the image of a step mother, who has only been described as a loving, present, mother????? WHat justice are they serving by doing this...?

How many more victims need to lose their little lives in vain while their most loved is accussed???????

To think that LE has the support of the media and most of the community almost makes me hurl... Arent reporters supposed to be impartial? Arent LE supposed let evidence lead to the perp? Arent ppl supposed to be innocnent until proven guilty... There is something terribly wrong with the system....

Very well said! Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 6 179695
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:38 pm

sitemama wrote:KJ, Desiree's comments will be shown on Dateline Monday nite when she takes the reporter into his room at her house, not Kaine's house. I'm sure she was not in tuned to what went on at Kaine's house. She didn't even come to pick up Kyron on the week-ends that she was to have him, Terri always made the 4-1/2 hr drive to her house, and then 4-1/2 hours back home.

I don't know about the world loving this woman, but I sure don't even like her. She is treating Kaine like a puppet and she is pulling his strings. They seem to be more of a couple than she and Tony do.

Are you kidding me?

I think I read somewhere that Terri met her 1/2 way.

I hate that comment that she make about Terri lying for 7 & 1/2 years...drives me NUTS!
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:03 pm

I don't know about her meeting half way, but I know it was always Terri that took him, never Kaine. I only heard that Terri took him, Desiree never picked him up. I thought maybe D took him back home on Sunday then. IDK
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:16 pm

sitemama wrote:Desiree is either lazy or lying for sympathy. I'm sure Kyron was with Kaine for the entire week, Sunday thru Friday. That means he didn't sleep in that bed since Saturday nite, and Sunday would have been the last day he played with his toys. My God woman, don't you clean your house sometime during the week.

Exactly, mama

DESIREE YOUNG: His bed I still can’t bring myself to make it. It’s the same as it was when he last slept in it. And I can’t put away his laundry. His cars are still out — he was playing with his little car wash last time he was here.

Does she never clean up his toys or make his bed? Or just this one time? Big question in my mind!

But then again, how do we know she's not lying and she really did make his bed and pick up his toys? Why would she lie though, except for sympathy...but that backfires on her because why would she need sympathy?

Her mention of the car wash toy is interesting to me.....I wonder if it's one of those that uses water...and it got all over her nice clean house and she decided the weekend before that she didn't want a kid making a mess all over her house anymore, especially not full time should Kaine and Terri divorce.....Dez is still looking pretty good to me as the one who did something with Kyron.

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Desiree strikes me as a very selfish, self-centered woman. She has had different hair-does every time I have seen her. The last time Kyron was at her house, she did not know it would be his last time to sleep in his bed, or play with his toys. Any normal mom would have made that bed as soon as he got up, and would have picked up his toys before he left to go home, whether Terri drove all the way to get him, or if Desiree actually did take him home or at least half way. And what lazy mom does laundry, and then doesn't put it up. Maybe Tony actually did the laundry, because she is too much a lady to do household chores, but left Kyron's clothes for her to put up. Did she put hers and Tony's clothes away?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Hey Lottie, maybe Tony the cop did something to him as HE didn't want the kid full time. Cops work strange hours, he could have driven there and got Kyron. He would have no problem getting Kyron to leave with him, remember they were going to go fishing. Maybe it's only Kyron that is fishing. LE should check all water between his school and Tony's house.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Mama,

I couldn't agree more with your posts. I certainly don't want to bash the victims, these people are going through the unimaginable, but Dez needs to just drop the drama and the finger pointing already.

Is this supposed to be a strategic move by the police?

Like the LS STING operation, it seems to be backfiring.

Sure, have the mother go out, make an emotional plea to the public in the press because those emotions are genuine.

If the police did have anything on Terri, keep it under wraps.
Work it out and let the public in on it when you have an answer or some proof of criminal activity, make an arrest.

Instead, all Dez's statements are focused on Terri. They drip with seething hatred of this woman. Dez's annimosity towards Terri has been going on since the first presser when Terri, in her own way, attempted to comfort Dez and Dez's complete icy chill towards Terri- while they were putting on a UNITED FRONT, while Terri was the wife of her ex-husband, while Terri was the mother/step mother of Kyron.

Look how Desiree has bad mouthed Terri in the press, what do you suppose she's been telling the police?

Gotta wonder.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Long article. Walking out the door, but wanted to post this. Havent read the whole thing myself. Be back later!!

Web exclusive: A bloody find on Black Butte and a broken system

By Stephen Kanter
Published: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 9:21 AM
Updated: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 11:41 AM

On a recent Friday afternoon, I drove south out of Portland, headed for the soul-restoring Santiam Pass to my cabin on the Metolius River in Camp Sherman. It had been a busy workday, the day following our wedding anniversary, and the glorious Central Oregon night, with a huge moon and countless crystal stars in a clear sky, was all I'd hoped for.

Little did I know that in the next 24 hours, a routine morning hike and the discovery of a bloody sock on the trailhead would lead me into a tangle of bureaucratic bungling and jurisdictional disputes and the realization that a citizen trying to do the right thing can be thwarted by broken, dysfunctional systems.

Indeed, truth is stranger and sometimes more disturbing than fiction.

I woke to a beautiful dawn. I threw on my clothes and drove to the Black Butte trailhead. It was cool and exhilarating; no one to wait for and no need to carry anything, not even water. I was curious to see how long it would take me to get to the top, so like the perfect witness I was about to become, I noted exactly 6:04 a.m., Saturday, June 26, 2010. There was already another car parked at the trailhead. A little odd, I thought, then caught myself: "Well, I am here at 6, ... not that odd." Something about the other car did strike me as slightly sketchy, but not enough to keep me from starting up the trail.

I was making good time with little effort, and had climbed three-fourths of the way when I saw a bloodied sock in the middle of the well-marked trail. Hiker's popped blister, or rubbed scab I assumed, so I walked on, then thought better of it and stopped and turned back to look more closely. It was definitely a sock, a small one, and there was no mistaking the blood. Not just the secondary rub-off from a scrape. NO, THERE WERE OBVIOUS POOLS OF BLOOD AT VARIOUS POINTS ON THE SOCK!

Adrenalized, I poked up the sock on the end of a stick and shoved it into my front jean pocket. 6:45 a.m. That and a visual note of the vantage point overlooking the meadow at Black Butte Ranch from elevation would serve as sufficient markers if I needed to be able to identify the spot of my find. I continued my way up the trail, presuming I would run into the occupant of the other car, probably at the top, and a logical explanation would allay my concerns.

I surveyed the top of the butte. No one was around. I headed back down. Two-thirds of the way down, I intersected a couple climbing up. They hadn't seen anyone else on the trail, and they confirmed that the mystery car was still parked below in the same spot. I showed them the sock, and asked to borrow their cell phone since I did not have one.

I said, "Maybe we should call this in."

Sure, they said, but it's low battery."

I punched in 9-1-1.A woman answered. "This is Steve Kanter, I am climbing Black Butte and found a bloody sock on the trail. I borrowed a cell phone from some other hikers, but it is low battery. If we get cut off, I am coming down with the sock. Have someone meet me in Sisters.""Tell us the story."When I was finished the 9-1-1 woman said: "Interesting...Wrong county.""Wrong county?? This is 9-1-1."

"I will transfer you."

Shampoo, rinse, repeat. I told the story over again after the transfer, including mentioning the borrowed cell phone with the ever-shorter battery life.

This time a man responded pretty much the same way: "Interesting...Wrong county.""Are you freaking kidding me? I called 9-1-1, told the story, got transferred to you. Work it out!! Just have someone meet me down in Sisters. This phone may cut out soon."

"Transferring ..."

The third time is the charm? I started in on the story again but was soon interrupted by another man: "Why are you telling me this story, you just told it to the woman sitting next to me 5-10 minutes ago. We told you this is the WRONG COUNTY!!!"

"Look, I don't care whose county this is, WORK IT OUT AND HAVE SOMEONE MEET ME!!!"

"OK, how long will it take you to get down?"

"Fifteen, twenty minutes."

"We will have someone meet you at Sisters Coffee. "

I returned the phone and hustled back down to the trailhead. This time I took a closer look at the car. It really did look sketchy. I wrote down the license number and a few notes. Scratched up, dusty, older car, just doesn't look right, some kind of sleeping bag in the back seat, five or six to-go paper coffee cups strewn around, and two thick manuals in the front seat, some sort of training manuals with the words, "HAZARDOUS MATERIALS" in large letters on the covers.

Now my imagination and suspicions were running at full throttle, and since I had no cell phone myself, but had the license number, soon my Prius was also running at near full throttle down the rutted rock access road. You guessed it, I got a flat tire. Ugh. I limped my car into the Les Schwab located at the closest edge of Sisters. While the Schwab folks were starting on the tire, I used their phone and called 9-1-1 for the second time.

"Hi, this is Steve Kanter, I called earlier about the bloody sock. I got a flat and am at Les Schwab. Do you think you could have the officer meeting me at the coffee house come the three extra minutes and meet me here instead?

"Who? What?"

"STEVE KANTER, THE BLOODY SOCK!"

"Oh, we had some report like that, but we called the cell phone and you didn't answer, so we eliminated the report from the system."

"WHAT!! I TOLD YOU, BORROWED CELL PHONE, LOW BATTERY, HAVE SOMEBODY MEET ME!!!"

"The deputy is tied up at the Bend jail, and you don't have a cell phone so we can't get a hold of you."

"I AM AT LES SCHWAB, HERE IS THEIR NUMBER, THEN I WILL BE AT MY CABIN, HERE IS THE NUMBER, HERE IS MY EMAIL, I AM A LAW PROFESSOR AND HERE IS MY DIRECT LINE AT THE LAW SCHOOL. AND AREN'T YOU GOING TO CHECK THE LICENSE NUMBER? THERE IS A KID MISSING IN PORTLAND!!! THE CAR IS GOING TO GET AWAY!"

By now, the folks at Les Schwab were getting quite concerned and checked the web for the missing kid. They got the tip line number for the Kyron Horman case. We called.

No human being, of course, but I guess that is understandable given the number of "tips" and calls they must be getting. I dutifully left an abbreviated version of events, noted that the locals didn't seem to be doing anything and at least the license should be checked to see if it was registered to one of Kyron's relatives. I left all my contact information.

It is about what I expected, so after leaving the message on the tip line I called the Multnomah County Sheriff's office. A real human being answered. Unfortunately, that didn't mean she was going to be helpful.

I started telling the story of the sock and car when she interrupted: "You aren't even calling from Multnomah County."

"I know, but I don't seem to be able to get a local officer, and besides don't you have a kid missing?"

A photo posted on his stepmother's Facebook page shows Kyron Horman in front of his science fair project, wearing the "CSI" T-shirt he was last seen in.

"Oh, are you calling about the Kyron Horman case?"

"I have no idea, I might be, but I do know I am calling about a small bloody sock and a suspicious car."

"Well, if you are calling about the Horman case I can't talk to you, you need to call the tip line."

"I just did. That is obviously futile, and someone needs to do something and connect the dots and at least check the plates. Are you going to help or not?"

"No."

Next, I called a friend whose cell number I remembered. He is one of the governor's assistants. He would see what he could do.

Finally at that point, a local officer called Les Schwab.

"Are you the guy with the bloody sock?"

"Yes"

"Do you still have it?"

"Yes, it is right here."

"Is it safe?"

"Sure, we were all careful not to touch it, and we put it in a plastic Les Schwab bag."

"Good, then none of you will get contaminated with the blood."

"WHAT?!, NONE OF US ARE WORRIED ABOUT GETTING CONTAMINATED WITH THE BLOOD."

"Then you can throw it away"

"THROW IT AWAY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THERE IS A KID MISSING IN PORTLAND!!!"

"We don't have any reports of crimes or injuries on Black Butte."

"Haven't you ever heard of finding the bloody evidence first, then later finding the body, or an injured hiker -- and anyway what about the car and the license number?"

"What car? They never told me about that."

I gave the plate number and suggested we meet right away. "Well," the officer said, "it is kind of early [9:30 by now] and I don't normally get on till 11. I will meet you at Les Schwab at 11."

"I am not going to be at Les Schwab at 11!"

"Where will you be?"

"My cabin, but what about the car and the plate number? IT IS GOING TO GET AWAY."

"OK, I will meet you at your cabin at 11."

It couldn't get much worse. Then I thought, maybe this is just right hand/left hand. There is probably an officer waiting for me at Sisters Coffee. Tire replaced, I drove the few blocks into town. No one had seen an officer, but as I was leaving a patrolman pulled in. I went up to him, relieved, and said:

"I called 9-1-1, are you here to meet me ?"

"No, just came for a cup of coffee. What did you call about?"

That patrolman was a good officer. I told him the story and showed him the sock. He visibly recoiled and said, "That looks like a child's sock, and that DEFINITELY LOOKS LIKE HUMAN BLOOD. Did you get a plate number by any chance?"

"Yes, I did. Oregon plate ––––-."

"Wait there, I am going to call in and check the plate."

The officer came back visibly less shaken. "Well, the good news is I don't think the car is connected with the sock. That plate has been reported suspicious on a number of occasions and the car may be abandoned. It is going to get a removal order placed on it soon. The blood looks relatively fresh and the car has been up there for awhile."

That, of course, was good news, and reduced the alert level a notch or two.

"I'm curious, how long has the car been up there?"

"July... of 2009."

The officer radioed in and reported what had happened. He said that he was going to bring the sock in for evidence, but they told him that he couldn't as it was not his jurisdiction. "Then what do you want me to tell this guy who is trying to help?"

"I guess tell him to go to his cabin and probably the local officer will meet him at 11."

I went back to my cabin, where I had a voice mail from an official with the state police (apparently contacted by my friend in the governor's office). I called back and told him the story. He was appalled and said that he was going to find a state trooper and send him out to meet me.

"Couldn't you just get the local cops to do their job?," I asked.

"No, I am going to send someone out."

At five of 11, I got a call from a nice young state trooper. "I have been on the road for awhile and I think I am in your vicinity. Please direct me to your cabin?" I gave him directions.

Promptly at 11, I will give him that, the local deputy arrived at my cabin, and not two minutes later the state trooper pulled up. One look at the state trooper discomfited the local cop, and prompted a polite but tense jurisdictional dispute. The state trooper announced he was going to take the sock to the state crime lab for analysis, but the local officer pulled jurisdictional rank and talked him off the scene. The trooper got back into his car and left. Just me and the local officer now.

"You really don't have to worry about this."

"Why?"

"I checked that plate number you turned in."

"OK, so what did you find out?"

"That car, ... that car belongs to the fire lookout on the top of the tower."

"Really? That's interesting. Your colleague in Sisters ran the plate and told me the vehicle had been reported as suspicious and maybe abandoned, and was about to get a removal order."

"Oh yeah, that is possible. The fire lookout sleeps on top for six or seven days at a time and leaves the car down below, and he doesn't clean the car or take much care of it."

I agreed to myself that if the car had been left at the trailhead for a long time, or belonged to the fire lookout, the odds that it was connected to the sock (the blood being relatively fresh) were dropping rapidly. Still: "Aren't you at least going to alert the lookout about the removal order so that when he comes down after six or seven days he doesn't find his car missing?"

"I will take the sock."

"Thanks. In light of all that has happened this morning, I would really appreciate being kept informed by you."

"Yeah, I don't mind doing that. I am around here pretty often. But it will depend on my supervisor."

"Whether you can keep me informed or not?"

"No, what we do with the sock. He might decide to throw it away."

"Are you kidding me!!! I am begging you to have it tested for human blood, and take a DNA sample, and put the sock in an evidence locker, just in case."

The deputy left without a firm commitment, and three weeks later I have still heard nothing further from the police, the Kyron Horman tip line or anyone else about this event.

Is it Kyron Horman's bloody sock? Very unlikely, but you never know. Was the sock tested for DNA? I hope so, but think it unlikely given my experiences in this matter. Was it thrown away? Maybe.

Is the sock connected with some violent crime or an injured hiker in trouble? Pretty unlikely, but certainly one can't rule out these or other bad circumstances. Did a hiker fall and cut a knee, starting the blood flowing, and use the sock for cleanup? Maybe, but unless the sock fell out later, how did it land on the path for me to find? Hikers, particularly in pristine areas like Black Butte don't leave things, especially bloody socks, on the trail intentionally.

Important systems are obviously broken and dysfunctional. And some personnel at least lack the necessary skill and commitment to perform their jobs. We can do better. No, we must do better. Sure, the odds are one in a thousand, but that one is how we solve many serious crimes, prevent terrorist attacks, find injured or sick people before it is too late, etc. Data base coordination, breaking down artificial and ridiculous jurisdictional barriers, common sense, connecting the dots, and mostly a can-do attitude and an interest in solving problems (far too commonly absent in our institutions these days) would go a long way toward preventing these kinds of issues. The 9/11 pilots could have been caught in advance when they told flight schools they didn't need to learn how to land, or when they entered the country on watch lists.

Are they even really looking for Kyron Horman? Or are they just persuaded the stepmom did it (did what: kidnap, murder?) and not pursuing other avenues or looking for a potential body? She might well have done "it"; I certainly don't have the information to know. But the police can be wrong -- think Jon Benet Ramsey for example -- and one thing is for sure if we can't do better than this. We'd better raise the alert level color locally and nationally, because we will surely be a soft target for new attacks and unsolved crimes in the future, and citizens will be discouraged from reporting suspicious information.

For what it is worth, I would still like to know what came of the sock I found, and whether the tower fire lookout guy still has his car. Lots of police agencies have my phone numbers and email.

Stephen Kanter is a professor of law and former dean at Lewis & Clark's Northwestern School of Law.

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2010/07/web_exclusive_a_bloody_find_an.html
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:23 pm

sitemama wrote:Desiree strikes me as a very selfish, self-centered woman. She has had different hair-does every time I have seen her. The last time Kyron was at her house, she did not know it would be his last time to sleep in his bed, or play with his toys. Any normal mom would have made that bed as soon as he got up, and would have picked up his toys before he left to go home, whether Terri drove all the way to get him, or if Desiree actually did take him home or at least half way. And what lazy mom does laundry, and then doesn't put it up. Maybe Tony actually did the laundry, because she is too much a lady to do household chores, but left Kyron's clothes for her to put up. Did she put hers and Tony's clothes away?

those different hair-does every time....all nice and pretty, I wonder why she had it all pulled back at the first presser and was wearing her glasses (that we haven't seen since)...wasn't like it was day one of Kyron being gone when they had the first presser, so I don't think she looked homely because she didn't have time to get pretty or was feeling so bad....she calmed right down pretty quick for the next one and had her hair all done up. Nothing wrong really, with getting pretty....just that she didn't get pretty for the first presser and wore her glasses and she may have done it on purpose for sympathy because she did a 180 right after that.

Terri, on the other hand, always looks the same. So Terri isn't trying to make an impression....is Desiree trying to make an impression? Yes, IMO, she is....she's trying to control the way she's perceived by the public....and that screams RED FLAG to me because it could mean she's trying to direct the public perception in other things...like the case and who dunnit, which she sure is, so....hmm.....

Putting this out again....

Has Desiree been asked when was the last time Kyron slept in his bed and played with those toys? We are left to assume it was the weekend before June 4....was it?

I ask because it was said Dez only got Kyron every other weekend...and she said she was supposed to get him June 4 weekend, so that means she left the bed undone for 2 weeks! haha

OR was it just left that way since June 4th? Play with me here...

Hypothesis: :crystal ball: <--(this is a great substitute for IMO, lol)

Dez intends to off Kyron for whatever reason. She tells him prior to the science fair day, that she's coming to see his project, but she also knows of a cool electric exhibit she wants to show him...so for him to come out back after Terri leaves and she'll show it to him then. She says not to tell anyone, and certainly not Terri or Kaine, because they're mad at her and don't want her to come. So Kyron goes out back, and off in the vehicle with Dez...she may even rented a white truck, knowing she's planning on framing Terri for this. Tony is in on it. Dez drives Kyron to her house and lets him play with his toys one last time before smothering him, and unmakes his bed as if he'd slept in it the last time he was there because it's already a mess from her smothering him with his pillow, and waits out the call that Kyron is missing. On the way to Portland they ditch Kyron's body....somewhere they think Terri will be blamed. they get rid of Kyron AND Terri for being useless if she doesn't want kyron and want to make her pay for what she made them do.

Ok so it's got obvious holes....but ...maybe some answers to some questions that should have been asked (they sure would have been asked if it was about Terri), might fill in some gaps:

1.did Tony come with Dez that first day Kyron went missing? He could have stayed with Kyron and done the deed himself, if not.

2.what proof is there that Desiree worked June 4 and what were her hours?

3.How long did it take Dez (and tony?) to get to Portland once they got the call Kyron was missing?

Can anyone answer questions 1,2 and 3?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:08 pm

sitemama wrote:Hey Lottie, maybe Tony the cop did something to him as HE didn't want the kid full time. Cops work strange hours, he could have driven there and got Kyron. He would have no problem getting Kyron to leave with him, remember they were going to go fishing. Maybe it's only Kyron that is fishing. LE should check all water between his school and Tony's house.

You know what, mama? I don't think anyone needs to be off the suspect list, so why not check Tony out?

He's a cop....and he is giving cops a bad name by accusing Terri publicly without reasonable cause and literally condemning her without a trial or even an arrest....why is he doing this when his cop career/brain should tell him it's not the way to go about handling an investigation especially not in public!

And of course, because he's a cop and knows how to handle these things, he took charge at the first presser..even though he's the farthest removed from emotional bonding with Kyron. I guess they wanted to keep it cool? WHY? A little loved boy was missing and who knows what was going on with him? Why not let someone emotional talk and show their pain?

We could easily find out Tony did it. He had more cause than Terri did! All Terri had to do to get rid of Kyron is divorce Kaine.

and you know Tony the cop knows lots of snitches that owe favors to the department and he might know some who reside in Portland...was the landscaper such a person? Well, don't count on Tony's fellow officers in Blue to look into Tony....or Dez for that matter now that she's wearing the Blue Shield....shield indeed...is it a cop scratching other cops's back shield from being investigated?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Calypso,

thanks for the article! I am so glad this man Stephen Kanter, professor of law, decided to take the time and write this letter..

He clearly had no problem of identifying himself, along with what took place.. What a fiasco....!!!

The blind leading the blind!

Lets hope they did test that bloody sock... We need more ppl like him to speak uyp and start expecting that LE be accountable.. They need to stop focusing on one person, who is likely innocent.. We need to remove oliutics out of crimninal investigations...

Thanks again for posting this Calypso.. Your diligence and passion are very obvious... and exemplary!

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Kyron Horman update: Press conference scheduled for Tuesday

Jul 24, 2010 Author Melissa Finlay

Kyron Horman update: Press conference scheduled for Tuesday

There will be a press conference on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 regarding the case of missing Kyron Horman. The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office will hold the press conference at 2:00 p.m.

When Kyron first went missing on June 4, 2010, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office provided regular updates and held several press conferences. Once the search for Kyron shifted into a criminal investigation updates from the sheriff’s office have been few and far between.

Last week, the MCSO allowed media representatives to submit their questions to their office. They have compiled a list of questions and answers that were submitted and answered. Those pertinent questions regarding the case, Terri Horman, Kaine Horman, Desiree and Tony Young and the current search for Kyron will be addressed during the press conference on Tuesday.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office also asked that the public continue to use the tip line solely for tips and possible sightings. They ask that those who wish to give opinions or comments not use the tip line.

The tip line for Kyron Horman is 1-503-261-2847.

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=8302
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Thank you, AW for your kind words!

Found this on another forum:

http://www.abanet.org/media/faqjury.html

Frequently Asked Questions About the Grand Jury System

What is the purpose of the grand jury?

The primary function of the modern grand jury is to review the evidence presented by the prosecutor and determine whether there is probable cause to return an indictment.

The original purpose of the grand jury was to act as a buffer between the king (and his prosecutors) and the citizens. Critics argue that this safeguarding role has been erased, and the grand jury simply acts as a rubber stamp for the prosecutor.

Since the role of the grand jury is only to determine probable cause, there is no need for the jury to hear all the evidence, or even conflicting evidence. It is left to the good faith of the prosecutor to present conflicting evidence.

In the federal system, the courts have ruled that the grand jury has extraordinary investigative powers that have been developed over the years since the 1950s. This wide, sweeping, almost unrestricted power is the cause of much of the criticism. The power is virtually in complete control of the prosecutor, and is pretty much left to his or her good faith.

Does every jurisdiction use a grand jury?

The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution requires a grand jury indictment for federal criminal charges. Only about half the states now use grand juries.

What is the typical term of a grand jury?

In virtually every federal jurisdiction, there is at least one grand jury sitting every day. Generally, most federal indictments involve grand juries that sit for five days a week for a period of one month. For cases involving complex and long-term investigations (such as those involving organized crime, drug conspiracies or political corruption), "long term" grand juries will be impaneled. Such "long term" grand juries typically sit fewer days each week, and their terms can be extended in six month increments for up to three years. The schedules vary among the states that still have grand juries.

How are grand jurors selected?

In most jurisdictions, grand jurors are drawn from the same pool of potential jurors as are any other jury panels, and in the same manner. The pool generally consists of names culled from various databases, such as national voter lists, motor vehicle license lists and public utilities lists.

Does anyone screen grand jurors for biases or other improper factors?

No. Unlike potential jurors in regular trials, grand jurors are not screened for biases or other improper factors.

How independent is the grand jury?

The grand jury is independent in theory, and although the instructions given to the grand jurors inform them they are to use their judgment, the practical realities of the situation mitigate against it.

The grand jury hears only cases brought to it by the
prosecutor. The prosecutor decides which witnesses to call. The prosecutor decides which witnesses will receive immunity. The basic questioning is done by the prosecutor on a theory he or she articulates. The grand jury members are generally permitted to ask questions at the end of a witness's testimony. The prosecutor generally decides if he or she has enough evidence to seek an indictment. Occasionally the grand jurors may be asked whether they would like to hear any additional witnesses, but since their job is only to judge what the prosecutor has produced, they rarely ask to do so.

The prosecutor drafts the charges and reads them to the grand jury. There is no requirement that the grand jury be read any instructions on the law, and such instructions are rarely given.

Why are grand jury proceedings secret?

Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure provide that the prosecutor, grand jurors, and the grand jury stenographer are prohibited from disclosing what happened before the grand jury, unless ordered to do so in a judicial proceeding. Secrecy was originally designed to protect the grand jurors from improper pressures. The modern justifications are to prevent the escape of people whose indictment may be contemplated, to ensure that the grand jury is free to deliberate without outside pressure, to prevent subornation of perjury or witness tampering prior to a subsequent trial, to encourage people with information about a crime to speak freely, and to protect the innocent accused from disclosure of the fact that he or she was under investigation.

Why can a grand jury witness talk about his or her testimony?

In the federal courts, the witness is not sworn to secrecy, and may disclose whatever he or she wishes to whomever he or she wishes. The witness exemption was adopted in part because it was thought that requiring witness secrecy was unrealistic and unenforceable, and in part to allow the witness to rebut rumors concerning his or her testimony. There is a basic revulsion in the United States about secret testimony.

Are there any other exceptions to grand jury secrecy?

At one time, the defendant in a criminal trial was never given access to the grand jury testimony that resulted in the indictment. By the 1980s, in most jurisdictions, if a witness who testified before the grand jury was called to testify at the eventual trial, the defendant was given a copy of that witness's grand jury testimony to use for possible impeachment. Some jurisdictions also give the defendant a list of everyone who testified before the grand jury, and several give the defendant a full transcript of all relevant grand jury testimony. In the federal system, no such list is provided, and the grand jury transcripts of only those persons who testify on behalf of the prosecutor at trial are given to the defendant.

Who must testify before a grand jury?

A prosecutor can obtain a subpoena to compel anyone to testify before a grand jury, without showing probable cause and, in most jurisdictions, without even showing that the person subpoenaed is likely to have relevant information. In the federal system the prosecutor is not required to demonstrate any relevance. The person subpoenaed to testify then is compelled to answer questions unless he or she can claim a specific privilege, such as the marital privilege, lawyer/client privilege, or the privilege against self-incrimination.

Can a lawyer be called to testify about his or her client?

A lawyer might be called; but the lawyer/client privilege shields him or her from being compelled to testify about a conversation with a client unless the conversation related to an ongoing or future crime or fraud of the client.

Can a lawyer accompany his or her client inside the grand jury room?

In the federal system, a witness cannot have his or her lawyer present in the grand jury room, although witnesses may interrupt their testimony and leave the grand jury room to consult with their lawyer. A few states do allow a lawyer to accompany the witness; some allow the lawyer to advise his or her client, others merely allow the lawyer to observe the proceeding.

What is a grant of immunity?

A grant of immunity to a grand jury witness overcomes the witness's privilege against self-incrimination, and the witness is then required to testify. The prosecutor is prohibited from using that testimony or leads from it to bring charges against the witness. If a subsequent prosecution is brought, the prosecutor bears the burden of proving that all of its evidence was obtained independent of the immunized testimony. In practice, it is difficult to successfully prosecute someone for criminal activity they discussed in immunized testimony unless the prosecution had a fully prepared case before immunity was granted.

Many states grant the witness "transactional immunity,"
barring prosecution for a transaction discussed in the immunized testimony regardless of whether there are independent sources of evidence.

Can a witness refuse to appear before the grand jury?

Not without risking being held in contempt of the court that issued the subpoena to compel their testimony.

What happens if a witness is found in contempt?

A witness who refuses to testify without legal justification will be held in contempt of court, and is subject to incarceration for the remaining term of the grand jury. A witness who testifies falsely may be separately prosecuted for perjury.

If the grand jury refuses to return an indictment, can the prosecutor come back and try again, or is that barred by double jeopardy?

Double jeopardy does not apply to the grand jury. In practice, however, it is uncommon for a prosecutor, having failed once, to try again without good reason. The Department of Justice requires the prosecutor to obtain permission of the Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division to present the case again.

Can a grand jury target offer evidence of his or her own?

For the most part, the subject of a grand jury investigation has no right to testify unless subpoenaed, nor any right to compel the grand jury to hear certain witnesses or evidence. Often, however, if a target requests an opportunity to testify, he or she will be permitted by the prosecutor to do so but without a grant of immunity.

The prosecutor may refuse to present evidence submitted by a target. In federal grand juries, exculpatory evidence need not be presented, although in many states exculpatory evidence must be submitted for the grand jury's consideration. Prosecutors have the right in federal grand juries to introduce hearsay and to otherwise utilize evidence that would not be admissible in a regular trial.

Is there a judge in the grand jury room when testimony is being taken?

No. Normal rules of evidence do not apply to a grand jury investigation, and a judge is generally needed only to rule on privilege issues or issues relating to contempt.

What protection does a target have against witnesses lying to the grand jury, or against the use of unconstitutionally obtained evidence?

None. The target's only redress is to challenge the evidence at trial. One of the reasons a witness may assert the Fifth Amendment is that he or she does not know if the prosecutor has presented witnesses who have lied. The witness cannot risk testifying contrary to those witnesses, for fear of being charged with perjury if the prosecutor does not believe his or her testimony.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Armchair detectives: True-crime websites are nonstop outlets for facts and opinions on Kyron Horman case

Updated: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 5:57 PM
Kimberly A.C. Wilson, The Oregonian

When word broke Thursday that authorities were putting the squeeze on DeDe Spicher — a close friend of Terri Moulton Horman — a parallel online investigation immediately kicked into gear.

In real time, members of true crime Internet forums around the country began searching for the woman's footprint in the public domain.

Forget Googling. Online sleuths unearthed Spicher's health and gardening page on blogspot.com (she's a fitness junkie!) and then her Twitter account was revealed. Next came a year-old photo on Flickr from a fundraising race, and, finally, Spicher's post on Terri Horman's Facebook page 36 hours after Kyron Horman was last reported being seen outside his Skyline Elementary classroom: "Thinking of you and Kaine and praying for Kyron's safe return."

By dawn, the vetting was in full swing. Members of ScaredMonkeys.net and Insessiontrials.com crime forums outed Spicher's father as a member of the Klamath County Sheriff's Office search and rescue, one of scores of agencies that helped search for Kyron. And threads by commenters on other sites were exploring Spicher's tax, real estate and ancient online records.

"The crime blogs are like Monday morning quarterbacking, only it's everyday, all day and all night," said Michael Vallez, a former Florida police officer turned social media strategist who blogs about the intersection of law enforcement and social media.

Click on sites for fans of true crime mysteries, lay criminologists, forensic aficionados and
opinionated snoops, and the quarterbacking is more aerobic than armchair. Feverish website owners and their volunteer acolytes tap in theories, plot time lines, parse media reports, truth-squad comments and study aerial maps, all in an effort to solve what has baffled the pros: What happened to little Kyron? And the hobbyists' work raises a larger question: Has it helped or hindered the real police work?

That depends on whom you ask. And entering the eighth week since Kyron was seen, it may not even be a fair question.

Or even the right question.

"Stepmother knows more"

No one inside the inner circle of the local, regional and federal task force searching for the 7-year-old missing since June 4 is answering such queries, although the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office says it is received more than 3,300 tips and welcomes insights on its dedicated tip line.

But online, it takes effort to avoid a whisper campaign playing out along the sidelines of the county's official investigation. Prayers for the boy float in an ocean of suspicion and speculation. In the crimeblog universe of truTV's Crime Library, Websleuths, Blink on Crime and The Hinky Meter, mystery buffs spoke the conventional wisdom first about TH, as commenters have shorthanded Kyron's stepmother's name, long before sheriff's deputies or the family began raising accusatory eyebrows at Terri Horman. On Facebook, a few dozen supporters of the woman Kyron Horman called "Mom," point fingers elsewhere.

But denizens of the crime sites have their opinions -- and they're doing the virtual legwork to try to prove they're right. Meet "Kimster," a 51-year-old Eugene-area empty nester with a penchant for Ann Rule's psychological true-crime thrillers. Or "ValHall," a 46-year-old aerospace engineer and grandmother from Oklahoma who got snared by the criminal justice bug during the O.J. Simpson trial. Or Tricia Griffith, a 51-year-old former rock radio DJ turned unsolved-mystery website owner, eking out a living for herself, her 13-year-old son and a menagerie of birds and dogs in Utah.

Griffith is a hobbyist whose Websleuths site has logged more than 5 million posts since she bought it in 2004. Her crimeblog doesn't tolerate blatant name-calling and nitpicking. But
if you have a theory of who did what to whom in the Kyron Horman case, your chatter is welcome, she said. For her part, Griffith is unabashedly suspicious of Terri Horman.

"The stepmother knows more, and her whole story doesn't make sense," Griffith said.

Court of public opinion

Trying to make sense of the morass is nothing new for veterans of unresolved mysteries, including the 1997 death of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey in Colorado, the 2008 disappearance and murder of Caylee Marie Anthony or the 2009 disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, both in Florida.

The brigade of crimebloggers who continue to mine the public record in those cases shifted their energies to Skyline, just north of Portland within hours of Kyron's disappearance.

"We act as a giant spitballing session," Griffith said. "Then what we can do is write what you, the journalist, are thinking but can't write, and what the members of the public are thinking."

Sometimes the unorthodox sleuthing yields results. Last year, Abraham Shakespeare, a homeless man whose $31 million lotto win in 2006 turned his life upside down, vanished along with a chunk of his lump-sum $17 million payout. When police named Shakespeare's friend Dorice Donegan Moore as the last person to have seen him, Websleuths members began to slog through public bankruptcy records and monitor online scanners. Others searched property records and posted photographs of two properties. Volunteer sleuths determined that Moore had purchased two houses, side-by-side, placing the home that turned out to be the crime scene in her boyfriend’s name.

Moore reportedly logged on to the Websleuths forum to mouth off anonymously. Griffith checked the IP address against an e-mail Moore had sent and confirmed that it was the prime suspect. "We were talking about her. And she came on to defend herself," Griffith said.

Moore's protests didn't help. Moore’s protests didn’t help. In January, detectives found Shakespeare’s body buried at the boyfriend’s house beneath a concrete slab and charged Moore with murder.

An investigator called to thank Griffith for saving him the work of having to get a subpoena to determine who really owned the house.

"Law enforcement can get anything they want with a subpoena. But we just dig and search, dig and search and our members culled the information from public files," said Griffith.

More good than harm?

Veterans of high-profile manhunts disagree whether extra eyes do more good than harm.

On the thumbs-up side is former Green River serial killer task force supervisor Frank Adamson.

Adamson spent 31 years working for the King County Sheriff's Office, the last six overseeing the task force as the department's chief of detectives. Since retiring in 1998, he has volunteered with S.T.A.L.K. Inc., an online team of former investigators, profilers and medical professionals that works to help police solve murders.

Attention -- online or not -- keeps a marathon case alive with fresh energy and interest, he
said. "So from my perspective, I don't think these groups are bad," Adamson said. "I don't think it hurts to have people out there thinking about the case, calling in and sharing their tips."

Here in Oregon, the county sheriff's office responded to emailed questions Friday, saying "the media attention has helped to keep Kyron in the public’s eyes and minds." But investigators have guarded all but a few case details.

Shy behind a pair of narrow wire-rimmed glasses, Kyron wasn't known as the kind of kid who would wander off in the damp woods outside his school.

It took a week for the missing child case to become a criminal investigation and a few more weeks for the boy's blended family to fall apart. His father, Kaine Horman, has sued for divorce from Terri, accusing her of plotting to have him killed. Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, has accused Terri of failing a pair of polygraph tests and stubbornly refusing to cooperate with authorities. First Michael Cook, a high school classmate of Kaine Horman's, and now Spicher, a close friend of Terri's, stand implicated by association.

Watering hole for the mob

Meanwhile, the discussion is brisk at The Hinky Meter, a crime forum run by an aerospace engineer who exchanges e-mails with a representative for Kaine Horman when she needs extra details for her blog posts.

The moderator known as ValHall types out long lists of confirmed facts, debunked rumors and unanswered questions. She is a stickler for walking the fine line between rank speculation and
certainty.

She doesn't mention him by name, but a specter hangs over her carefully modulated discussion board -- and it isn't Kyron's.

ValHall keeps in mind the late Richard Jewell, the security guard at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics whose journey from hero to bombing suspect and back began when he was named in an Atlanta Journal article as the focus of police attention.

The Justice Department formally cleared Jewell of involvement in the bombing, and another man, Eric R. Rudolph, was eventually convicted of the explosion that killed one and injured 111 others. But Jewell, who died of natural causes in 2007, went down as the man wronged by hasty judgment.

And the blogosphere is nothing if not a watering hole for hasty judges.

"I'm not out to solve a crime, I'm out to discuss it. I hate false rumors," ValHall said in a phone interview. "I'm going to be careful about what I say, because I don't know."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/armchair_detectives_true-crime.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:40 pm

Sources detail Terri’s timeline day Kyron disappeared

By Anna Song KATU News
Story Published: Jul 23, 2010 at 7:17 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 24, 2010 at 12:39 AM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. - According to multiple sources, Terri Moulton Horman claims she left Skyline School at 8:45 in the morning without Kyron the day he disappeared and that between 8:45 a.m. and 10:10 a.m. she ran errands at local grocery stores and can prove it.

As KATU news first reported, at least two stores, the Albertsons on Hillsdale Highway and the Sunset Fred Meyer, are cooperating with investigators. The Albertsons confirmed it turned over surveillance tape to investigators in the case.

Between 10:10 in the morning and 11:39, Terri claimed she drove her daughter Kiara around on rural roads in the family’s white truck because Kiara had an earache. She claimed she was trying to soothe the toddler with the motion of the vehicle.

Early on investigators made a request of the public for any video they might have of the white truck traveling on specific roads through Northwest Multnomah County and portions of Washington County.

At 11:39 a.m., Terri checked in at a 24-hour Fitness in Beaverton on Waterhouse Avenue and worked out for about an hour until 12:40 p.m.

By 1:21, Terri claimed she'd traveled home - a distance of nearly 11 miles - and was posting photos on Facebook she'd taken that morning of Kyron standing with his science project and of his friend, Kurtis, standing with his.

Sources said she also e-mailed the teacher to find out when she could come pick up the project as she had not taken it home.

Yet according to Kaine Horman, that was the very reason Terri requested to drive the truck that day to Skyline School.

He said in an e-mail to KATU News: “I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron's science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car."

Two of Terri's friends who've taken polygraph tests and turned over evidence said they are cooperating fully with investigators and have nothing to hide.

DeDe Spicher, another friend of Terri’s, has been accused by Kyron’s biological parents, Desiree Young and Kaine Horman, for not cooperating with police. Spicher refused to answer reporter’s questions Friday.

No one has been named a suspect or person of interest in the case, and police have not made any arrests.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99151549.html
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:05 am

Investigation focuses on holes in Terri Horman's story

by Colin Miner, KGW staff
kgw.com
July 24, 2010

PORTLAND -- As the probe into the disappearance of Kyron Horman enters its eighth week, investigators are focusing their energy on how his step-mother, Terri Horman, spent a few key hours the morning he vanished.

There are gaps in what she had told investigators she did that day, including a key portion of time that she said she took daughter Kiara for a ride, according to reliable sources, including people who have been interviewed by investigators.

She told investigators that she drove Kiara around a series of rural roads for an hour, saying she was trying to calm her down because she didn't feel well. Meanwhile, she told some of her friends that Kiara had an earache.

Investigators have been comparing where she said she was with what they have been able to establish about her movements that day.

There are some things she did that day that were confirmed.

She went to the gym for about 45 minutes that morning and arrived home about 1 p.m. to post pictures from the science fair on her Facebook page.

Surveillance video from stores she said she was at,along with roads she claims to have traveled were being studied to test the veracity of where she said she was for a portion of the morning.

Meanwhile, these sources say that some of Terri's friends have not only been the subject of searches, they have been interviewed by investigators and, in some cases, took polygraphs.

The reliable sources, including people who have been interviewed by investigators, told KGW investigators said that there was probable cause to arrest Terri in connection with Kyron's disappearance, and for solicitng someone to kill her husband but the choice has been for the investigation to continue.

Terri Horman has not been charged with any crime though law enforcement officials have made it clear she is the focus of the investigation.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Horman-kyron-missing-gaps-portland-kiara-99181214.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:13 am

The reliable sources, including people who have been interviewed by investigators, told KGW investigators said that there was probable cause to arrest Terri in connection with Kyron's disappearance, and for solicitng someone to kill her husband but the choice has been for the investigation to continue.
If the reliable source is correct, why wouldn't the investigation be able to continue with Terri behind bars? They aren't going to get anymore out of her than they already have unless they are hoping she slips up in an email, text message, or bugged phone call. I don't see how it would benefit the investigation to keep her out of jail if this is true.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:38 am

Hey all,

I've been be-bopping around on some other forums seeing what's up.
I found one that is currently debating a serial killer theory.

They are hinting at possibly things are being dripped into the the media:

**(Hat Tip to Truecrime.com/peanutshells)

Heard about the glove-stealing cat the other day and looked it up online to share with friends.
Astonished to find same story, different places, different times, all black & white cats.
All cat owners offered up the taken items, embarrassed.
I saw a mystery, scoffed at myself, saying "Ohhhh, Pet Detective now!"

Then I remembered joelolmeda28's story, about the boy Jay being fed many apples, climbing many trees, and my wondering why a substitute teacher noticed Kyron's absence: where was the teacher? Was Kyron teacher's pet, fed many apples? The real Joel Olmeda was a nationwide school bullying story.

Is the cat story about sharing personal effects like gardening (ehgm, landscaper's) gloves, like glasses, coincidental?

Is sk giving clues through the media? Regulating with Friday demands, distracting with mocking stories? Sending out so many fools' errands'? lulz? Have I lost the solitary shrivelled nut I had rolling around in my peanutshell brain? (Not my
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=4378780
PELHAM, N.Y. (AP) - July 21, 2006 --
A pink-and-white gardening glove has gone missing from another porch in Pelham, New York.
But there was no mystery about who took it.
Willy, the cat who loves gloves, has struck again...

http://arbroath.blogspot.com/2009/04/bu ... r-and.html
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Burglar cat stealing underwear and gloves from homes
These days, a North Idaho neighborhood lives under the threat of a sneaky midnight burglar notorious for airing neighbours' dirty laundry. The suspect: Jack, a 1-year-old feline who can't keep his paws off of anything, especially other people's clothes...

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx ... =154069905
pa.press.net, Updated: 08/07/2010 14:22 <<< July 8, 2010
Owners report cat after pants theft
The owners of a cat reported their pet to the police after it started stealing dozens of knickers and items of underwear from neighbouring gardens.
Peter and and Birgitt Weismantel adopted Oscar from the Cats Protection charity at Christmas.
But as the 12-year-old cat started to settle in at their home in Gordon Avenue, Southampton, Hampshire, it started bringing home its stolen booty...

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Glo ... 64489.html
by MEG COYLE/KING 5 News
NWCN.com
Posted on July 14, 2010 at 6:08 PM
SEATTLE - There's a thief roaming the streets of Seattle's Phinney Ridge neighborhood. And it's what he's after that has residents digging for answers. Neighbors are pointing the finger at a feline with a fetish.
A bright orange bucket parked on a grass strip in Phinney Ridge contains evidence of a crime - a crime committed by a now notorious cat burglar. Look inside and you can't even count on five fingers how many victims there are. A few dozen gloves of the garden variety...

(Calypso: could be a B-I-G stretch, but in this case, ANYTHING GOES!)
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:43 am

(Again, Hat Tip to Truecrime.com/skyecase)

Heres the reasoning on "Regulating with Friday demands"

"Everything taped as has to be held for air until Friday because Kyron went missing on a Friday."

Why? Because the perp says so? and did they state that on tv to let the perp know they got the message?

why else say something like that on tv...

and perhaps the perp said OH NO... and maybe the perp said no to the two major newspapers.

It might not be kaine at all, it might be the perp controlling everything.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:17 am

Justice4all wrote:Investigation focuses on holes in Terri Horman's story

kgw.com
July 24, 2010

PORTLAND -- As the probe into the disappearance of Kyron Horman enters its eighth week, investigators are focusing their energy on how his step-mother, Terri Horman, spent a few key hours the morning he vanished.

A missing 7 year old and they are getting around to this NOW? They should be embarassed to say that. 8 weeks.

There are gaps in what she had told investigators she did that day, including a key portion of time that she said she took daughter Kiara for a ride, according to reliable sources, including people who have been interviewed by investigators.

I don't know if that would be considered a GAP, it seems like it is more of time, unsubstantiated, by a witness, who saw Terri.

She told investigators that she drove Kiara around a series of rural roads for an hour, saying she was trying to calm her down because she didn't feel well. Meanwhile, she told some of her friends that Kiara had an earache.

Where are these details being "leaked" from? What, Who is the source?

Investigators have been comparing where she said she was with what they have been able to establish about her movements that day.

REALLY?

She went to the gym for about 45 minutes that morning and arrived home about 1 p.m. to post pictures from the science fair on her Facebook page.

Surveillance video from stores she said she was at, along with roads she claims to have traveled, were being studied to test the veracity of where she said she was for a portion of the morning.

Good, perhaps, if she is innocent, they can direct their focus towards someone else.

Meanwhile, these sources say that some of Terri's friends have not only been the subject of searches, they have been interviewed by investigators and, in some cases, took polygraphs.

The reliable sources, including people who have been interviewed by investigators , told KGW investigators said that there was probable cause to arrest Terri in connection with Kyron's disappearance, and for solicitng someone to kill her husband but the choice has been for the investigation to continue.

Speculation? Gossip? Fear tactics used by the investigators? Like the police would give a person who is being interviewed that much detail on an ongoing investigation? Wouldn't that be like tipping your hand on a poker table??

Terri Horman has not been charged with any crime though law enforcement officials have made it clear she is the focus of the investigation.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:52 am

Excellent link for photos/videos:
(all cases)

https://s296.photobucket.com/home/crankycrankerson/allalbums
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:04 am

Justice4all wrote:Investigation focuses on holes in Terri Horman's story

kgw.com
July 24, 2010

Surveillance video from stores she said she was at,along with roads she claims to have traveled were being studied to test the veracity of where she said she was for a portion of the morning.

I don't see anything suspicious in Terri's timeline....looks like a completely normal day to me.

I gotta say, when my daughter was a baby I often had to take her for a car ride to get her to fall asleep. Another thing that calmed her down was riding in a shopping cart. I don't see a problem with Terri riding around for a while...she was already out and wanted to go to the gym but Kiara wasn't quite ready to be dropped at the gym day care until she calmed down..so what? That's a good mama!

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:36 am

Sources said she also e-mailed the teacher to find out when she could come pick up the project as she had not taken it home.

Hate the media implication that this is suspicious.

Yet according to Kaine Horman, that was the very reason Terri requested to drive the truck that day to Skyline School.

He said in an e-mail to KATU News: “I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron's science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car."

Kaine is an idiot! The science fair wasn't over until 10...how could Terri take the project before then?

I like how we're only just now hearing about Kiara having an earache that morning. If Terri had been planning on staying at the school until 10, that's a good reason not to.

But I really wish they'd clarify the schedule at the school that morning.....were the guests supposed to leave before 9AM or not?

That had to be the plan because they already had chaperons set up and ready and assigned their groups to take between 9 and 10. that suggests that all the kids should have reported to their classrooms by 9 so they could group up.

I'm sorry this bugs me so much I have to keep exploring it...but Tanner said the chaperon said she only had 5, where's kyron and Ms Porter said maybe he's in the bathroom etc....the chaperon then says she's going to leave.

I assume the chaperon meant she was going to leave with her group of 5 and get started.

So who was going to deal with kyron when he got back from the bathroom or getting water? ms porter sure didn't think Terri was still there or she'd have told the chaperon that maybe Kyron was still with him mom.

I think the reason the teacher didn't include the possibility that kyron could be with his mom is because it was past time for the guests to have left the building and it was assumed they all had.

Notice that chaperon hasn't had her statement released at all! Not one word about her detailed account of that morning! Why not?

Was the time she missed Kyron when she returned to the classroom at 10 instead of before she left with her group? If so, then her wondering where kryon went, the teacher thinking bathroom/water, and no mention of the possibility he was with his mom still, suggests Kryon had been with his group between 9 and 10 and disappeared on the way back to the classroom. This makes better sense with what has been said (and no wonder they didn't want Tanner to talk!)

But this makes the school volunteer the last one to have seen kyron....and it pretty much excludes Terri since she probably has proof she was at the grocery store at that time interval via receipts.

The teacher then marks Kyron absent when he doesn't come back from the bathroom/water...remembering that Terri had said something about a doctor's appointment and she just assumes that's what happened to him and gets on with her day.

I cannot believe they won't clarify the school timeline of that morning! And why hasn't the chaperon's statement been in the news? That's a very important aspect of this entire mess! What's the problem? Does it get Terri off the hot seat?

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:07 am

Terri Horman posted comments on KATU.com
Jun 30, 2010

KATU News has been tracking postings by Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, on KATU.com’s comment section. While there are no bombshells in them it is the first time she has communicated publicly about her stepson’s disappearance.

KATU News traced her user ID to an e-mail address, which it then traced to a professional Internet profile in the name of Terri Horman. The account was set up well before Kyron disappeared. I hope they aren't insinuating premeditation here, because from what we've been given to understand Terri was an avid poster on crime boards for quite some time.

In the postings, Terri defends herself against all kinds of accusations.

For example, five days after Kyron disappeared, KATU On Your Side investigators found Terri and her husband, Kaine, leaving their gym after a workout.

People commented about it and called her actions “unbelievable.”

Terri responded: “Wow. Unless you know all the details, the stress, the worry, the pain, you have nothing to speak of. You are merely making assumptions - you have no facts, details or knowledge to present so please refrain from your accusations,” she wrote.

She also responded to less significant matters like to people wondering why the couple’s Ford truck was towed from the Horman’s property.

Terri writes it was a mechanical issue. “If I may clear your mind … the truck was towed due to starter and is back at the property.”

In her longest post, about the church vigil for Kyron, Terri takes issue with a person who criticized the Horman family for observing the ceremony from a private room.

“Just so you can have the facts straight since I know personally … The family … went to the back of the church to watch and be part of the community - all together - mom, stepmom, dad, stepdad. …”

That was 11 days before Kaine moved out.

So far Terri has not communicated publicly in any other manner.

She has come under increasingly more media and public scrutiny after Kaine filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against her on Monday.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97541389.html

I'd never seen all the comments Terri posted online, so I'm posting this in case you all didn't either. The way some media had talked about these posts, it sounded like it was a huge deal...doesn't seem so.

I don't have any problem with her being online...she may have been looking for ideas of what might have happened to kyron (theories) but for all we know, she didn't post and maybe Kaine did in her username. But even if she did do it, so what? They BOTH went to the gym! If that's not a big deal (and it's not since King Kaine was there too) then being online isn't a problem either.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:42 am

Wrap your mind around this:

What would be the alternative, for the community, if Terri and her group of friends didn't take Kyron?

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next