Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

+11
Maat
Justice4all
*KJ*
khintx
FystyAngel
JAG
Piper
sitemama
LottieM
Snaz
Calypso
15 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 7 Empty Recorded Confessions

Post by Calypso Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:49 am

Oregon State Laws Requiring Recorded Interrogation

http://www.innocenceproject.org/fix/state3.php?state=OR

Overview Articles & Resources

State statute requires law enforcement to electronically record the entirety of their custodial interrogations of suspects when they occur in law enforcement facilities. The requirement applies to major class A and B felonies and homicides. Any statement that was unrecorded and is presented as evidence shall be accompanied by a jury instruction about the superior reliability of electronic recordings when compared with testimony about what was said and done.

Last edited by Calypso on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 7 Empty False confessions

Post by Calypso Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:02 am

http://www.innocenceproject.org/understand/False-Confessions.php

Fix The System: False Confessions

National View: Which States Require Recording of Interrogations?

Innocence Blog: "An Overdependence on Confessions" (07/12/10)

Innocence Blog: Former Chicago Police Commander

Convicted in Torture Case (06/29/10)

False Confessions

In about 25% of DNA exoneration cases, innocent defendants made incriminating statements, delivered outright confessions or pled guilty.

These cases show that confessions are not always prompted by internal knowledge or actual guilt, but are sometimes motivated by external influences.

Why do innocent people confess?

A variety of factors can contribute to a false confession during a police interrogation. Many cases have included a combination of several of these causes. They include:

•duress
•coercion
•intoxication
•diminished capacity
•mental impairment
•ignorance of the law
•fear of violence
•the actual infliction of harm
•the threat of a harsh sentence
•Misunderstanding the situation

•Some false confessions can be explained by the mental state of the confessor.

•Confessions obtained from juveniles are often unreliable – children can be easy to manipulate and are not always fully aware of their situation. Children and adults both are often convinced that that they can “go home” as soon as they admit guilt.

•People with mental disabilities have often falsely confessed because they are tempted to accommodate and agree with authority figures. Further, many law enforcement interrogators are not given any special training on questioning suspects with mental disabilities. An impaired mental state due to mental illness, drugs or alcohol may also elicit false admissions of guilt.

•Mentally capable adults also give false confessions due to a variety of factors like the length of interrogation, exhaustion or a belief that they can be released after confessing and prove their innocence later.

Regardless of the age, capacity or state of the confessor, what they often have in common is a decision – at some point during the interrogation process – that confessing will be more beneficial to them than continuing to maintain their innocence.

From threats to torture

Sometimes law enforcement use harsh interrogation tactics with uncooperative suspects. But some police officers, convinced of a suspect’s guilt, occasionally use tactics so persuasive that an innocent person feels compelled to confess. Some suspects have confessed to avoid physical harm or discomfort. Others are told they will be convicted with or without a confession, and that their sentence will be more lenient if they confess. Some are told a confession is the only way to avoid the death penalty

Recording of interrogations

The Innocence Project has recommended specific changes in the practice of suspect interrogations in the U.S., including the mandatory electronic recording of interrogations, which has been shown to decrease the number of false confessions and increase the reliability of confessions as evidence. Read more about recommended policy reforms to prevent false confessions.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 7 Empty Government Misconduct

Post by Calypso Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:22 am

http://www.innocenceproject.org/understand/Government-Misconduct.php

Fix The System: Innocence Commissions

Government Misconduct

Some wrongful convictions are caused by honest mistakes. In some cases, however, officials take steps to ensure that a defendant is convicted despite weak evidence or even clear proof of innocence.

The cases of wrongful convictions uncovered by DNA testing are replete with evidence of fraud or misconduct by prosecutors or police departments.

A few bad apples

Most law enforcement officers and prosecutors are honest and trustworthy. But criminal justice is a human endeavor and the possibility for corruption exists. Even if one officer of every thousand is dishonest, wrongful convictions will continue to occur.

DNA exonerations have exposed official misconduct at every level and stage of a criminal investigation. This misconduct has included:

•deliberate suggestiveness in identification procedures
•the withholding of evidence from defense
•the deliberate mishandling, mistreatment or destruction of evidence
•the coercion of false confessions
•the use of unreliable government informants or snitches

Necessary Oversight

Safeguards can be enacted to prevent official misconduct from causing wrongful convictions. See our Fix The System section for ways to address these problems, including our recommendations for establishing criminal justice reform commissions.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

Post by Calypso Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:29 am

OK, I'm done!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Ciao!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

Post by Piper Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks for great articles all. I just typed a long response and lost it...LOL.

I would love to see LE's follow up on the bloody sock and the car.

Finally, Kiara's whereabouts are confirmed. No one at the school or even the PTO President ever stated they saw Terri, Kyron and Kiara that I recall.

I'll bet Terri's account of errands has been confirmed by store video. The hour of driving around seems to be the question. It's confirmed Terri was at the gym while DeDe was "missing" from her landscaping job. Do they think Terri transferred Kyron to DeDe then went off to the gym? "Hey DeDe, I just killed the boy that calls me Mom and I need you to go dump his body for me." Cell phone records should prove if Terri called DeDe.

This all still goes back to the school, IMO. The Threesome should be demanding exact answers and threatening them with lawsuits, it appears their statements are inconsistent. I have no idea what happened to little Kyron. I can't even imagine the pain they are all feeling. But they are making such gross accusations to the public about Terri and DeDe, what about the school's responsibility and the flub ups that occurred there that morning.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:55 pm

As Stephen Kanter stated in his letter...are they really searching for Kyron at all at this point?

This is the same thing that happened with Haleigh Cummings............
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:27 pm

LE says leads are still coming in, but are they getting any tips from anyone other than D & K and their 'homeys'?

If no tips come in, what does LE do? Nothing?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Crews Return To School Area In Kyron Case

POSTED: 8:54 am PDT July 25, 2010
UPDATED: 9:02 am PDT July 25, 2010

A sheriff's office spokeswoman said deputies were following up on tips but did not elaborate. There were about 30 people involved in the search, she said. By about 4:40 p.m., the search was finished and crews cleared the area.

It has been 51 days since Kyron was last seen at his northwest Portland school.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office on Friday issued a written response to journalists' questions.

Read more: http://www.kptv.com/news/24385891/detail.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:39 pm

After 3,300 leads, Kyron search comes back to Skyline

By Anita Kissée KATU News and KATU.com Staff
Story Updated: Jul 24, 2010 at 9:16 PM PDT

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 7 07241010

PORTLAND, Ore. – Investigators remain busy with 3,300 leads in the case of Kyron Horman's disappearance. On Saturday however the search for Kyron Horman came back to Skyline School – more than seven weeks after the second grader was first reported missing.

Searchers took over the rural northwest Portland elementary school's parking lot Saturday morning, from around 10 a.m. until early afternoon. So while Kyron Horman's Wall of Hope continues to draw people to Skyline School, on this Saturday those here to see the tributes were surprised by something else.

Beaverton visitor Todd Wise said he saw a group of searchers leaving the parking lot, "geared up with gear" and what looked to be lots of supplies in their trucks.

Read more: http://www.katu.com/news/99180424.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:19 pm

In chat, if anyone's interested. If not, oh well! Very Happy
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 am

Out of curiousity, WHO is the last person out of a school on a normal day?

Who makes sure the doors are locked and no one is in the building, who makes the final walk through?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:32 am

Calypso wrote:Out of curiousity, WHO is the last person out of a school on a normal day?

Who makes sure the doors are locked and no one is in the building, who makes the final walk through?

That day, the last person didn't get out of the school before people were searching. People should have been searching no later than 10am! The school dropped the ball on this one. Logically, I think a random person taking him makes the most sense. They would have gone unnoticed and a child thinks anyone in a school is either a teacher or a parent, so a child would follow blindly. A crime of opportunity fits best. If Terri were going to do it, he would have disappeared while playing in the front yard or somewhere with no witnesses around.
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:10 am

Maat,

I totally agree with every wqord from your post above...

Why is it that many ppl dont see this???? Are many of us here, just more logical informed ppl???

Its hard to believe that the vast majority is influenced by such craziness...

LE has sold a very unlikely scenario to the public and many have taken the bait....

I wonder if this is becasue ppl like a story.. In that I mean are ppl, hyped up to think that a mother in their own community wud commit such a crime?? They jump on LE's band wagon and put on their hate glpoves for NO reason...

I realize Portland is a small community and wonder if many of the residents are hillbillies??? Then I say, well that cant be the reason as it isnt only ppl in the community who have been so strongly influenced.. In reading media reports along with many different blogsites, I see this "SYNDROME" is HUGE!!!and not only in Portland.. It happened in Satsuma too... and many other counties where ppl have been wrongfully balmed/convicted becasue of the opinion of the public.

In a case like Caylee's (God Bless her!) ...

We heard immediately that the mother never reported the child missing ...the 2nd day that this crime was unfolding..

Then we heard that the child was dropped off at an apt to a nannny that we found out the next day... didnt exist and that the apt was vacant...

Then we heard the 911 call from CA that said smells like there was a dad body in the car...

I mean it didnt take a rocket scientist to see that there was some kind of guilt from the childs mother..

Even if you didnt want to believe that KC personally killed Caylee, anyone with half a brain wud have had enough reason to have very strong suspicion against KC or even someone in her family...

Looking at this case (along with Haleigh..Gods Bless her!) I cant figure out what has convinced ppl of family guilt..

There is no smoking gun ...

I am scared to think how easily ppl and LE are ready to convict a person on absolutley nothing..

I am also shocked to think that apparantly many ppl think it must be so easy to commit a crime like this so easily and get away with leaving NO EVIDENCE....

Are ppl really so stupid???????? It frustrates me that these ppl along with LE are so powerful, yet with no brains at all......

Is the average person happier knowing they have someone to blame immeditaley? Is there some kind of "high" that ppl get from pointing the finger at someone as opposed to waiting out a thorough investigation?

The way I see it is that this type of crime provokes LE to automatically look at the ppl closest to the victim. I agree with this step.. But then, they stop there... They dont think outside the box.

Then the media catches onto of LEs uncalled for, finger pointing and they facilitate LE's suspicions, by shoddy reporting where anything that is written uses words that embellish potential involvement...

Once this takes place.. ppl are now running with it..

Many ppl give way too much credit to LE.. Lets face it .. they arent Gods! Once the majority begins writing or speaking out about having the same suspicions.. it becomes a vicous circle where ppl stop asking LE to be accountable and LE sit back and do nothing.. while the media continues to carry stories on the POI..for little to no reason...

I am in shock as to how easily led many ppl in the gen pop really are... It actually surprises me..

I dont know who is worse.. LE for becoming immedietely complacent, the media for facilitating narrow mindedness crappy investigations, or the ppl for running with it.

I really dont know who is worse????

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:13 am

Hey Maat,

I have to agree. From what my understanding is, Kyron was going to spend that particular weekend with D&T, with Terri driving him 1/2 way.

Also, Kyron was going to spend either all or part of the summer at D&T's.

So, he wouldn't be around much at T&K's anyway.

It seems like the dynamics of this group of 4, Terri was the one who picked up the slack of the others. At first it seems like Kaine was smitten with Terri. I wonder when that realistically changed?

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:31 am

People need to embrace these victims and families and support politicians who favor tougher punishments on these people who commit crimes against children. They need to stop being afraid of being called to jury duty, or whatever other excuse comes to mind not to vote.

LE needs to learn not to re-victimize the victims. In this case, I don't know if Terri is the perp, but allowing Dez to run her mouth in the press is an outrage and as Americans, we shouldn't put up with that.

IF it turns out that TH is innocent, how will she ever be able to put her life back together after this media circus?
What about her children and their lives?

LE will dismiss it as this was done in good faith and in compliance with the investigation.

Unless~ LE lucks out and happens upon a transient sexual predator who confesses to kidnapping and murdering Kyron and leads investigators to his remains, LE and the public will forever link TH as a friend of the perp or as the perp herself in the court of public opinion.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:40 am

This is an extremely long article so I don't really want to post it all here........ one 'snip' that really bothers me is this one:

Arrest Imminent in Kyron Horman Search?

July 26, 2010

".......... He added [The 'he' they are referrng to is Bruce McCain, former captain of the Multnomah County Sheriff's office, who just retired last year] Bottom line is Kyron is either alive and dead, and that's the blunt truth right now. So, right now the key is to try to put pressure on Terri perhaps through an arrest on an unrelated criminal episode. This would be the murder hire for-hire plot. Using that could potentially leverage the truth out of both people involved in this. Right now, Kyron is simply missing and nobody, including investigators, seem to know what happened to him......."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/26/earlyshow/main6713605.shtml

• I do not believe an arrest is imminent as the title of this article suggests.
  • The police don't have any idea what happened to Kyron or where he is, or if he is alive or dead.
  • LE made up their mind from the get go about who their suspect was and have not deviated from that line of thinking.
  • I am not convinced there was ever a murder for hire plot. Why should I believe the landscaper?

I am not proclaiming Terri Horman's innocence, I just can't buy into all the unsubstantiated hype, nor am I willing to believe that Kaine and Desiree are to be 100% believed either.

This sounds like the Haleigh case, and we've all seen how that worked out.......

kh

khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:48 am

I can dance around so many other possibilities.

One that I considered, the little boy Tanner that says he saw him last. His grandmother lives next door to the Hormans. She keeps Tanner most of the time. His father lives on a boat on Sauvie Island. Is it possible that Terri was having an affair with him? Interestingly, his wife (Tanner's stepmother) moved to another state the same day Kyron disappeared. What if she were at the school to say goodbye to Tanner before leaving, or maybe planning to take Tanner for revenge. She sees Kyron and thinks what better way to get back at the woman who slept with her husband than to take her child. It is another possible scenario. And Kyron would not have thought twice about following his best friend's mom. Or maybe she was having an affair with Kaine, and either took Kyron for him, or because he broke it off, or whatever.

No, I don't know this happened, but it is another viable scenario. She would not have stood out at the school, and Kyron would have followed her.

I have not heard enough information showing the police investigated this type of info. I only heard they had no reason to think the homeless sex offender Tony Phipps, who tried to kidnap a boy from an elementary school less than 20 miles away a few short days later, was connected in any way. The only reason they did not suspect him was he was 20 miles away? Or because they were stuck on Terri? I never heard any reason they did not suspect him.

They are not clearing anyone else from what I can see. They are simply throwing spitballs at Terri and hoping something sticks.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:23 am

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/aboutkoin/kointeam/story/Mike-Donahue/7JEqabC0z0ChYt8L_W70Hw.cspx

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, Desiree Young and Kaine Horman divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, Kyron lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada to seek treatment for kidney failure.

Kyron was 2 years old (2004) when he went to live with his father full time. In 2004 Terri Moulton moved in to help Kaine care for Kyron. (Her son James also moved in)
Desiree returned from Canada two months later, she moved in with her family in Medford, Oregon.

Kyron continued to live with his father, but Desiree & Kyron maintained a close relationship.

In April 2007 Terri & Kaine married.

Up until June 25, 2010, it had been stated in news articles that Desiree & Terri had been friends prior to Terri moving in with Kaine to care for Kyron. This is not true, Desiree was asked that question in which she stated she & Terri had not been friends.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:32 am

If the MFH plot was true, wouldn't Terri be arrested already. If you look at other crimes, if they can arrest them on something unrelated, they don't hesitate.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Hey Piper,
What's your little man under the palm tree drinking?
I want one too!

This case is so aggravating.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Open bar this week, Calypso...what's your fancy?

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:21 pm

I say we make up a pitcher of Marguritas and kick back on our beach chairs under a palm tree and watch the waves. Tell that little man to move over!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Works for me........ its a beautiful thin
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Now we're both on vacation!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Piper wrote:If the MFH plot was true, wouldn't Terri be arrested already. If you look at other crimes, if they can arrest them on something unrelated, they don't hesitate.

The don't have enough info to make the charges stick, it is a 'he said/she said' situation. All they have is the LS's word. That's why they tried trapping her with the sting.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Sweet...Calypso!

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/west/view/20100726police_significant_progress_in_missing_oregon_boy_case/srvc=home&position=recent

Last edited by Piper on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link...)
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Girls, I don't know what you girls are drinking under those palm trees, but you aren't going to last too long, as fast as you are sipping on those cups. I think you are going to need more than a pitcher, but maybe eva can mix up more every hour and bring to you.

I know she can't cook, but she can mix drinks.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Great idea, Mama...........Hey Evaaaaa! We need refills over here!!

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:49 pm

I would like something a little fruity. Daiquiri perhaps?
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Why don't you ladies join us under the palm trees on vacation?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 7 Empty Kyron Horman's blended family

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group

Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 5:36 PM
Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 6:46 PM
Article by: Lynne Terry

*Culled from article:

Family and friends say she is a focused mom.

"She's a pretty attentive mom," said Tarver, her first husband.

Her second spouse, Richard Ecker, has kind words to say about her as well: "She was always a gifted teacher. She did as much for the school and the kids as she could."

He couldn't imagine his ex-wife doing anything to harm a child.

"She would never hurt a child," he said. "She's not wired that way."

http://connect.oregonlive.com/user/lterry/index.html

Last edited by Calypso on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 pm

I just don't want to believe she could harm this boy she raised, he called her Mom.

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:39 pm

I don't either. We all know what it takes to raise an infant, that's a lot of work. I just do not see a motive.

Wanting him out of the way? He wasn't even going to be there much over the summer. It makes no sense and I can't think of any reason to kill him or give him to someone else to kill.

Did she feel as though her relationship with Kaine was failing and she needed some crisis to hang onto him?

She found him, she'd find someone else.

(Piper, we need another pitcher of Marguritas)
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Calypso wrote:Why don't you ladies join us under the palm trees on vacation?

Ah! The ocean breeze is wonderful!
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Headline News Alert on TV this morning....Arrest eminent!

They go on to say they have reasonable cause to arrest Terri but the DA needs to make sure they have enough to win a case against her. So what do they have? They admit to nothing but...

They had the landscaper's accusation that Terri tried to hire him to kill Kaine (which they obviously can't pursue to an arrest because they have no proof at all of this), so they must still by hoping somehow they can get some proof on this rather than let it go.

They have that Terri was the last person to see Kyron...not true! Tanner saw him last....oh, but I forgot...they don't want to include Tanner's sighting or the conversation he and Kyron had or the conversation between the chaperon and Ms Porter.

They have that Terri's timeline can't be verified for the time she said she was riding Kiara around to calm her down because of an earache. Well, good luck with ever being able to verify a ride around rural roads....they must be looking for someone to say Terri wasn't riding around and hope to be able to prove she was somewhere else.

Now they also have DeDe being gone from her job about the same time frame Terri was riding around with Kiara....oh wow :sarcasm: ....it was also lunch time! I'll bet a lot of people were unaccounted for during that time frame. But LE is so determined to make something of this they have covertly threatened DeDe's father - who works for the county/city- that he'd better not interfere with the investigation by helping dede hide what she knows about Terri. Sounds like he'd better be making sure DeDe makes something up to support Terri's guilt or he could lose his job no matter what the truth is!

I'm not going to bother with the rest of this farce....I am going to say it's odd that Terri's lawyer hasn't made a public plea toward Terri's innocence...and I think the reason could be that she's just letting the cops screw Terri and all her friends as much as they want to so suing them later, when the real culprit is discovered, will get Terri more in settlement. Good for Terri's lawyer if this is what she's doing.

This case reeks of the Spanish Inquisition....
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Kaine Horman asks court to have estranged wife pay half of his attorney fees

Published: Monday, July 26, 2010, 10:26 AM
Updated: Monday, July 26, 2010, 10:42 AM

Kaine Horman has filed a motion in court this morning, asking a judge to order his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman, to disclose the source of the reportedly $350,000 she has paid to retain criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze.

"If Respondent has provided funds to her attorneys for her legal representation and considers them to be marital liability, these funds are marital property and Respondent should be required to pay one-half of these funds to Peitioner to use for his attorney fees and costs," wrote Laura Rackner, Kaine's attorney.

Houze, Terri Horman's attorney, declined comment.

Read more here:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_asks_court_to_hav.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Things I'd need to find out if I were a cop investigating Terri...

1. Did she make any calls from her cell phone June 4 up to the time Kaine got home with the red car?

Reason I'd want to know....because I often leave my cell phone in my car and don't bring it inside at all because I also live rural and I don't have a very good cell signal inside the house...so I only use my cell when I'm out...if Terri did this also, and Kaine took her car that day, HE could have pinged from the island.

2. Is there any truth that a red car resembling Terri's was seen, along with another vehicle, on that island that day about the time the cell pinged from there?

Reason I'd like to know....well, obviously if it was Terri's car, she was not in it! If it was Terri's car, Kaine was in it...why was he there? And who was driving the other vehicle?
They want to say Terri was lying about NOT being on that island that day because her cell pinged there. She says she has proof she was at the grocery store...so to me, it's pretty likely if her cell pinged from there as LE says it did, it wasn't her...but her cell was there, so was the red car seen there hers? pretty likely it was with Kaine driving it.

Anyone have any more questions that would point toward Terri's innocence?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Piper wrote:Kaine Horman asks court to have estranged wife pay half of his attorney fees
Published: Monday, July 26, 2010, 10:26 AM Updated: Monday, July 26, 2010, 10:42 AM

Kaine Horman has filed a motion in court this morning, asking a judge to order his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman, to disclose the source of the reportedly $350,000 she has paid to retain criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze.

"If Respondent has provided funds to her attorneys for her legal representation and considers them to be marital liability, these funds are marital property and Respondent should be required to pay one-half of these funds to Peitioner to use for his attorney fees and costs," wrote Laura Rackner, Kaine's attorney.

Houze, Terri Horman's attorney, declined comment.

Read more here:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_asks_court_to_hav.html

Kaine is a whiny baby asshole!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Any chance Kaine would have snuffed Kyron out?

Any chance Kaine hated Terri so much he'd kill his own kid just to get Terri in the shits?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:30 pm

I'd like to know if they ever found Kyron's glasses.

I'd like to know if a call to police on May 9th was actually made because the LS guy physically pushed Terri while she held baby Kiara, and where the frig was Kaine.

I'd like to know what sexual predators/sex offenders were actually checked out.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm

He's throwing everything he can at her. They are doing anything and everything to get her into court, JMO. She's been a housewife for how long now? I would think maybe her parents fronted the money for the attorney. I don't know. To hell with the divorce right now. I just want some answers! LE knows if Terri and DeDe spoke during the morning of June 4th. I don't believe Terri's mustang was ever on Sauvie Island that day, Kaine had it. And I'm sure there a lot of white pick ups as well.

Was Terri in the stores she claimed to be in? What did she buy?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Calypso wrote:I'd like to know if they ever found Kyron's glasses.

I'd like to know if a call to police on May 9th was actually made because the LS guy physically pushed Terri while she held baby Kiara, and where the frig was Kaine.

I'd like to know what sexual predators/sex offenders were actually checked out.

Calypso....can you fill me in on Kyron's glasses? Were they said to have been found?

Also, the bolded part above....was there a frig missing?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:36 pm

This is starting to sound like an episode of Jerry Springer.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Also, Calyso....what's this about the LS guy pushing Terri?

That made me think Kaine may have been the one to try to hire the LS to kill Terri! Shocked and now he's got him to say the reverse Shocked
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:39 pm

I am so unclear about the glasses.

At first, I thought they were trying not to say they were in the Horman's mailbox.

Then I heard never found.

Then I heard rumour those were the actual glasses the police showed.

Now, it's rumoured that, you guesses it, Dede Spicher sent them with a note.

And yes, a FRIG is missing, it's the common sense that's lacking in this case!! WTH is going on with these people?

We need a DUHHH! smiley or at least one with a dunce hat.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:43 pm

I thought about Kaine, too. If he gets rid of Kyron, then he no longer deals with the exwife. If he frames Terri, he doesn't have to deal with her and he gets custody of Kiara. And he can start over with a new woman.

I had heard he moved in with a woman when he left the house. Is there any truth to that?
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:45 pm

Calypso....where can I read about this Frig being missing?

Kaine was so thrilled about being able to go home and stock his frig after he finally got Terri out of the house! It was an unusual thrill!....it had better not turn out he found it missing when he got there because then I'm really going to suspect Kaine of knowing what happened to Kyron! Why? Because he made a pre-emptive move about the frig by drawing attention to it...and he may have removed it himself after he got the house back for reasons known only to him.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm

It was rumored, there was a 9-1-1 call made from the Horman home on May 9th alleging the LS guy was "hitting" on Terri, in a sexual manner, and groped Terri, while she was holding baby Kiara, who then called 9-1-1. Her friends were advising Terri to go public with the incident after the failed LS STING/alleged MFH plot.

We were never able to verify this 9-1-1 call.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:53 pm

LottieM wrote:Calypso....where can I read about this Frig being missing?

Kaine was so thrilled about being able to go home and stock his frig after he finally got Terri out of the house! It was an unusual thrill!....it had better not turn out he found it missing when he got there because then I'm really going to suspect Kaine of knowing what happened to Kyron! Why? Because he made a pre-emptive move about the frig by drawing attention to it...and he may have removed it himself after he got the house back for reasons known only to him.

See, Piper? We aren't the only ones who are loosing our minds with this case!!
Look at what it's done to Lottie!

Lottie, we have marguritas and daquiris. Come sit with us under the palm tree. We'll run an extension cord and watch this case unfold on Jerry Springer.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Maat wrote:I thought about Kaine, too. If he gets rid of Kyron, then he no longer deals with the exwife. If he frames Terri, he doesn't have to deal with her and he gets custody of Kiara. And he can start over with a new woman.

I had heard he moved in with a woman when he left the house. Is there any truth to that?

I'd like to know that too, Maat! But if it's not damning to Terri, we'll probably not find out.

Kaine said he and Terry had been talking about a divorce prior to Kyron going missing....he added he thought they'd worked it out in 'a positive' way....I really latched onto his wording of 'a positive way'...and I pondered, if Terri was going to leave Kaine, he'd have 2 choices of what to do with Kyron....keep him (and make his new woman, if there is one, care for him..she may have said hell no) or give him back to Desiree and pay her child support.

Kaine stood to lose if Kyron lived and Terri left him...so back to 'a positive way'....could mean the positive way was for Terri to stay married to him or to just share the house divorced and continue to care for Kyron....the opposite of that could be read as Kaine had to deal with it in the negative way of killing Kyron because Terri was going to go ahead with the divorce afterall.

Kaine being pissed now (with this hypothetical scenario) seeks to tear Terri to pieces! And what better way than to remove the problem/Kyron and go about framing Terri and maliciously attempting to crucify her and destroy her reputation otherwise.

this theory is really the least complicated of all!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next