Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellen Degeneres & Kara DioGuardi to Leave American Idol

3 posters

Go down

Ellen Degeneres & Kara DioGuardi to Leave American Idol Empty Ellen Degeneres & Kara DioGuardi to Leave American Idol

Post by Snaz Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:11 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Ellen DeGeneres Announces She Is Leaving 'American Idol'

July 29, 2010
19 minutes ago

After only one year behind the judges' table on "American Idol," Ellen DeGeneres is leaving the show.

"A couple months ago, I let FOX and the 'American Idol' producers know that this didn't feel like the right fit for me," Ellen said in a statement issued to Access Hollywood on Thursday. "I told them I wouldn't leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next."

Read more: http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-breaking-news-ellen-degeneres-announces-she-leaving-american-idol

Last edited by Snaz on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Ellen Degeneres & Kara DioGuardi to Leave American Idol Empty Re: Ellen Degeneres & Kara DioGuardi to Leave American Idol

Post by sitemama Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:19 pm

First Paula, then Simon, now Ellen!! I don't think AI will last another year, especially after Simon starts his new show. Is Paula going to join Simon on the new show?

Does anyone watch America's Got Talent?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Ellen Degeneres & Kara DioGuardi to Leave American Idol Empty Re: Ellen Degeneres & Kara DioGuardi to Leave American Idol

Post by khintx Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:55 pm

I yam actually sorry to hear this..... I liked Ellen........ I thought she added something to the show. At this point, I don't know how the show can go on. Then again, I don't know why I even watch it anymore cuz it pretty much sux. kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:24 am

I just read that J-Lo will take over Ellen's position, but they still have not announced who will replace Simon.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:40 am

Kara too.

Kara DioGuardi Reportedly Out At 'American Idol'
On the heels of news that Ellen DeGeneres is leaving.

Jul 30 2010 9:06 AM EDT 29,153

The revolving door on the "American Idol" judges' table may be starting to spin out of control. On the heels of Thursday's shocking news that Ellen DeGeneres would be leaving "Idol" after just one year on the panel, TMZ reported later in the day that two-season veteran Kara DioGuardi had been fired from the show.

While a spokesperson for "Idol" could not be reached for comment at press time, TMZ reported that after two seasons with a four-judge look, which some critics said bogged the show down and took precious time away from the contestants, "Idol" will return to a three-judge look for the upcoming 10th season, which will kick off in January. DioGuardi struggled to find a groove in her first year on "Idol" and faced criticism from fans and critics, but appeared to have settled into a comfort zone last season and stepped up with more coherent and helpful advice for the contestants.

Read more: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1644775/20100730/story.jhtml
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Snipped from kh's article above:

Unlike DeGeneres and remaining judge Randy Jackson, DioGuardi reportedly had a year-to-year deal, so it's assumed that her option for a third year was not picked up. The DioGuardi news came amid further unconfirmed reports that one-time "Idol" mentor Jennifer Lopez would be joining the show as a judge. TMZ also claimed that Lopez would take her seat alongside Jackson and another newcomer to the "Idol" table, Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler.
Lopez and Tyler are just the latest names to surface in connection with the vacancies on the "Idol" panel in the wake of the departure of original lead judge Simon Cowell at the end of season nine and DeGeneres' unexpected bailout. Among the other musicians reportedly in the mix are Justin Timberlake and Elton John (whose reps both denied they were considering the move), Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and, most unlikely, loquacious grunge godmother Courtney Love.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1644775/20100730/story.jhtml
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down