Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paula Abdul May Not Return To American Idol

5 posters

Go down

Paula Abdul May Not Return To American Idol Empty Paula Abdul May Not Return To American Idol

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Paula Abdul is unhappy. And unless the producers of "American Idol" change her frown to a smile soon, she'll dance like there's no tomorrow away from TV's No. 1 show.

"Very sadly, it does not appear that she's going to be back on 'Idol,' " David Sonenberg, Abdul's manager, told The Times when contacted about the judge's contract negotiations.

With auditions for the ninth season due to start Aug. 6, Sonenberg says he doesn't even have a proposal for a new contract from FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, the production companies behind the show. The new season is scheduled to premiere in January.
Read more: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2009/07/paula-abduls-manager-shell-leave-idol-if-producers-dont-step-up-new-deal.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Paula Abdul May Not Return To American Idol Empty Re: Paula Abdul May Not Return To American Idol

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Grrrrrrr What will Idol be without Paula and Simons love/hate play ? I LOVE Paula !

Back to top Go down

Paula Abdul May Not Return To American Idol Empty Re: Paula Abdul May Not Return To American Idol

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:51 pm

It is pretty cold hearted of the producers to leave Paula hanging. They need to be straight up with her. Producers of hit shows need to learn not to mess with success.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Right !!!!!!! Paula ,IMO is one helluva an asset to that show !

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Awe shucks...you know it's all about this.... Paula Abdul May Not Return To American Idol 803492
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:25 pm

That is one of my favorite shows and i cant imagine watching it without paula..
Like you say Chat.. i love watching simon and paula together.. the dynamics of the three are se powerful, that even putting in a 4th judge didnt change anything for me.. I liked it just the same...Hopefully they will step up to the plate.. and pay her what she is worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:25 pm

I absolutely love American Idol, and I believe Paula helped make it the success it is today.... she should be compensated appropriately as should the rest of them.......
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:32 am

When AI brought in another female judge...I kinda figured they were trying to slowly weed Paula out.It's sad since she has been with the show since the begining.
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:44 am

I don't know what Paulas salary is but we all know Ryan makes 45M a year...... and IMO it is just wrong that AI Reps. won't even discuss any negotiations concerning Paulas contract with her Manager. ( is story I heard somewhere ) But, I agree with you, Michelle.......... I kinda saw this coming when they brought in the other gal, which IMO will never be as good as Paula.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Let me ask you this.... if you were a contestant on AI, who would you rather take constructive criticism/praise from? Paula or Kara? Paula has used her talent to become pretty darn successful. I know Kara is successful in our own right as a writer, but as a singer (and most AI contestants are more singers than writers), I, personally, would rather have Paula's insight.

I, also, thought bringing in Kara might be a way of pushing out Paula. I just don't think Kara has the same chemistry with Randy and Simon that Paula has.

Besides, sometimes Paula is entertainment all by herself!!! :lavalamp:
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Snaz......... Girl, I couldn't have said it any better ! I agree with everything you said 100%!!!!!!!! kara has no personality, to me and she may be a songwriter.....but to me, Paula is the one with the talent ! Also, I know there have been many rumors about Paula and Simon........ I personally don't care what their relationship is.....but it looks to me that they are long time, great friends, who feel comfortable whether they are joking, flirtatously messing around on camera, or fighting. I've had several male friends that I felt very comfortable joking with, etc. and see nothing wrong with it.

Paula ROCKS .......... IMO !

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:54 am

Paula will be back. It's all about the money. She wants 20 million and they only want to give her 10 million. Ryan is making 45 million.
Darn too bad teachers, firefighters and policemen can't get a raise.
Too bad some of these entertainers that live in CA don't give their state a helping hand. CA is buried in debt.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Dito Jeanne !

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:41 am

jeanne1807 wrote:Paula will be back. It's all about the money. She wants 20 million and they only want to give her 10 million. Ryan is making 45 million.
Darn too bad teachers, firefighters and policemen can't get a raise.
Too bad some of these entertainers that live in CA don't give their state a helping hand. CA is buried in debt.
It is frustrating when the difference in salary that they are fighting over is more than most of us will see in our entire lives.

It has just been made official that she won't be returning. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,537022,00.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:13 am

I don't know much about what went on. But I did hear on the news today that they negotiated new salaries with Kara and Randy leaving Paula out in the cold. Perhaps her snuggling with Simon last year left some cold. Kara put on a heck of a performance but then so did Paula. I just don't know.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down