Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baez is on the Anthony Case to Stay

5 posters

Go down

Baez is on the Anthony Case to Stay Empty Baez is on the Anthony Case to Stay

Post by Snaz Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:53 pm

WESH explains why Jose Baez is here to stay

posted by halboedeker on July, 29 2010 6:17 PM

Jose Baez’s money troubles continued to fascinate local TV stations tonight.

WESH-Ch. 2 headlined its Baez story “Foreclosure Fallout,” a follow-up on the station’s Wednesday report about Baez facing foreclosure on his Kissimmee home.

But the main point of Bob Kealing’s reporting tonight was that Baez can’t withdraw as the attorney for Casey Anthony. She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

“I would be shocked if Judge [Belvin] Perry let anybody withdraw now,” criminal defense attorney Jeff Deen said in offering analysis for WESH.

Kealing and Deen pointed to new law passed in reaction to the Anthony case. The law aims to prevent a private attorney from leaving a case when a client becomes indigent.

Read more: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/07/casey-anthony-wesh-explains-why-jose-baez-is-here-to-stay.html
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Baez is on the Anthony Case to Stay Empty Re: Baez is on the Anthony Case to Stay

Post by Snaz Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Attorney: New Law Prevents Baez From Stepping Down

POSTED: 5:21 pm EDT July 29, 2010
UPDATED: 5:40 pm EDT July 29, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Attorney Jose Baez insists the foreclosure on his Kissimmee home will not affect his defense of Casey Anthony.

Baez said he has no desire to leave the capital case despite financial trouble.

Legal experts said they doubt Baez would even be allowed to withdraw from the case.

An amendment went into effect this month in Florida that bans judges from appointing attorneys where an indigent client has already retained and paid a lawyer. Experts said the idea is to prevent a private attorney from pulling out once a client’s money runs out.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/24442681/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Baez is on the Anthony Case to Stay Empty Re: Baez is on the Anthony Case to Stay

Post by Snaz Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Summary of the new law referenced in the above articles:

http://www.justiceadmin.org/court_app_counsel/contracts/IFC%20memo%202010%20statutory%20changes.pdf
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Photobucket
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:07 am

roflao
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:25 am

I know he's in it to win it...Wonder how many times he wished he could get off the merry-go-round...Now he can't bail if his life depended on it...Too bad KC's life depends on him and the crewe...Hopefully his other cases are drop-in-the-bucket ones and don't take too much know-how...He should stick to Simple Simon cases and make a good reputation for defending drunks and junkies...maybe getting them rehab instead of hard time...There are pleanty of them around...There's not much $$ in them though, that is unless he happens to get a wealthy lush or user...I can see the headlines now...Famous Baby Killer Attorney Turns Practice Towards the Little Guy...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 am

He's in this for the long haul and this case will either make him or break him. If, by the stretch of the imagination, the jury would find KC Not Guilty, he will move onward and upward as a great atty. If they find her Guilty, which I'm sure they will, his practice is over.

The next time we will see him, he will be one of the talking heads on NG, giving his professional opinion on other cases. LOL
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:52 am

I think it's just because he needs the money.

Laughing Funny Mama, one of NG's talking heads!!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down