Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team

+5
Estee
LottieM
Julie
sitemama
Justice4all
9 posters

Go down

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team Empty Casey's Defense Team Schedules Press Conference for Tuesday

Post by Justice4all Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Casey Anthony defense team calls Tuesday news conference

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
5:24 p.m. EDT, September 13, 2010

The Casey Anthony defense team has called a news conference for Tuesday morning.

It was not immediately clear what will be discussed at the news conference, which will be held at attorney Jose Baez's Kissimmee office at 9 a.m.

Read more: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-press-conference-20100913,0,7444523.story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team Empty Re: Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team

Post by sitemama Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Probably going to introduce another atty.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team Empty Re: Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team

Post by Julie Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:34 pm

They're probably going to say they wish the press would leave them alone.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Oh I know, they are going to complain about Prosecution's ppl going to the media too much.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Julie wrote:They're probably going to say they wish the press would leave them alone.

hehehe
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:28 pm

"Get your cameras out of my face! Can you move? I'm trying to walk away from you guys!"
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:31 am

"Quit asking me stupid questions!" DUHHHH.....
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Caylee'sJustice Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:28 am

Seems Baez will be introducing THREE more defense attorneys to join his team! How does a nobody like this prisoner get this representation....JMHO

Baez: New Attorneys To Join Anthony Defense
High Profile Attorney May Be Added To Casey Anthony Defense Team

POSTED: 5:22 am EDT September 14, 2010
UPDATED: 12:19 pm EDT September 14, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A major announcement is expected in the Casey Anthony case after defense attorney Jose Baez called for a Tuesday morning news conference.

The news conference will be held outside the attorney's Kissimmee office. Many have already speculated about what Baez plans to announce.

Some sources have said a new attorney, Roy Black, will be added to the team. Black is no stranger to high profile cases.

http://www.wesh.com/r/25000741/detail.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.wesh.com/video/25001826/detail.html

seems their 30 minutes late but can be watched live...at link above

Justice for Caylee
Caylee'sJustice
Caylee'sJustice

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:48 am

Caylee'sJustice, thank you for the link. I have the news conference on now.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:51 am

It's kind of hard to hear, but Bozo is just being rude as usual.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:51 am

"You asked me that question already..." blah, blah, blah....
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:54 am

"I said this a million times..." blah, blah, blah....
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:55 am

Oh, I think we're getting close to the "Get those cameras out of my face, I'm trying to walk away." After Cheney slurs out a few syllables.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks Caylee'sJustice! I just don't get it either.....they want fame, blood money I suppose.

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 am

Julie, did they announce new attorneys? I can't watch the video right now.......
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:00 am

I tuned in late & heard Bozo complaining about repeat questions. Now Cheney is mumbling something.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 am

Bozo was also complaining, I think, about not getting or still having to go through mounds and mounds of discovery.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:08 am

I guess I'll have to look for a link later to find out what they said. LOL
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:10 am

That was interesting...Sooo Cheney sez there are another 8,000 pages of info released to them by the prosecution....Surely he is joking....And WTF, another attorney to add to the fray...Just who is this Roy Black???How many limelight seekers will Judge Perry allow the KC Team to add to their bus load????
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Caylee'sJustice Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:35 am

Jacksonville Attorney Ann Finnell Joins Casey Anthony Defense Team

September 14, 2010

KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez announced the addition of two new attorneys to the defense team during a news conference on Tuesday.

Baez said a new attorney was added to the team as an expert on the death penalty -- a role previously held by Andrea Lyon, who left the case in June.

Baez introduced attorney Ann Finnell during the news conference.

"Her experience is second to none," Baez said.

Baez said local attorney Charles Green will also join the team and serve as substitution of counsel.

The news conference was held outside the attorney's Kissimmee office.

Recently, Ocala attorney Dorothy Clay Sims was added to the team to focus on depositions leading up to the trial, which is set for May, 2011.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=166966&catid=3
Caylee'sJustice
Caylee'sJustice

Back to top Go down

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team Empty Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 am

Casey Anthony defense team announces new attorneys

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
10:16 a.m. EDT, September 14, 2010

The Casey Anthony defense team announced today that new attorneys have joined the team.

Attorneys Ann Finnell and Charles Green are the newest members, attorney Jose Baez announced at his Kissimmee office.

Finnell, who is from the Jacksonville area, will serve as the death-penalty expert. Green will handle the civil suit filed against Anthony.

Dorothy Clay Sims, an Ocala attorney specializing in cross-examining medical expert witnesses, also recently joined Casey Anthony's primary attorneys: Baez and Cheney Mason.

Read more: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-press-conference-20100913,0,7444523.story
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:39 am

Baez: New Attorneys To Join Anthony Defense
High Profile Attorney May Be Added To Casey Anthony Defense Team

POSTED: 5:22 am EDT September 14, 2010
UPDATED: 10:17 am EDT September 14, 2010

KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez announced the addition of two new attorneys to the defense team during a news conference on Tuesday, where another recent addition to the team spoke for the first time.

Baez said a new attorney was added to the team as an expert on the death penalty -- a role previously held by Andrea Lyon, who left the case in June.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/25000741/detail.html

Video Report: http://www.wesh.com/video/25003177/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:42 am

Anthony Defense Team Adds Attorneys
Dorothy Clay Sims Introduced At News Conference

POSTED: Tuesday, September 14, 2010
UPDATED: 10:24 am EDT September 14, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team on Tuesday announced the addition of new attorneys to its roster.

Anthony's lead attorney, Jose Baez, and fellow defense attorney, Cheney Mason, introduced Dorothy Clay Sims at a news conference and also said that Ann Finnell will now represent Anthony.

In addition, Charles Green, of Orlando, will take over Anthony's civil case, Baez and Mason announced.

Read more: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24998809/detail.html

Video Report: http://www.clickorlando.com/video/25001339/index.html

Last edited by Snaz on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 am

They announced they had added 3 more attys, 2 women and 1 man. The name of the man, who is going to handle the civil case is Charles Green.

Dorothy Clay Sims was appointed a while earlier, and she will handle the medical expert examiner. I'm sure she will be going with Bozo to TN. Bozo and Chaney both said they had never been to TN but Dorothy Sims, the other new atty, said she had, so Bozo said he would take lessons from her on speaking with a drawl. He is such an idiot.

Ann Finnell, is from the Jacksonville area and will assist with the death penalty phase of the trial.

The last half of the presser had to do with a different case that Chaney is working with, concerning the Republican Party. He said this was going to be a big case, so maybe he will leave KC's case. He said he didn't think this new case would be to court till after the first of next year.

As the 3 atty's walked off camera, I heard Bozo tell someone, probably Kathi, 'I don't want to talk to you."

Last edited by sitemama on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:48 am

My bold........

3 new attorneys join Casey Anthony's defense team

By Adam Blank, In Session
September 14, 2010 10:18 a.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Casey Anthony's defense team is now six attorneys strong.

At a news conference held outside Anthony's lead defense attorney's office in Kissimme, Florida, Jose Baez introduced three new members to its "dream team."

Baez and fellow defense attorney, Cheney Mason, said Dorothy Clay Sims and Ann Finnell will now represent Anthony at her criminal trial. Charles Green, of Orlando, will take over Anthony's civil case.

When asked by reporters how many lawyers are needed, Baez quickly responded that he would "rather be accused of being over prepared than under prepared."

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/14/casey.anthony.new.attorneys/index.html?eref=rss_latest
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:49 am

Looking at Caylee's Justice's last post, go to her link, showing a picture of Ann Finnell. She looks more like a man than Bozo does.

I would love to see a picture of Charles Green. Bozo seems to go after the ugliest women to sit at the table with KC. I guess that is to make her look better to the jury. Juries don't like to put young, pretty women to death.

sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:53 am

Well, we have Baez, Mason, Sims, Finnell, Green, ?????

Who is number 6? And what will he/she do?

Oh, maybe that big blonde woman, who hasn't been seen lately? What is her name? Is she still on board?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 am

Linda Kenney-Baden
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 am

About Ann Finnell:

http://www.fmnlawyers.com/Finnell,_McGuinness_%26_Nezami,_P.A./Welcome.html

http://www.lawyers.com/Florida/Jacksonville/Finnell-McGuinnes-Nezami-and-Andux-P-A--36317844-f.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:07 am

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team Ann_fi10

Ann Finnell
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:08 am

Charles Green in taking over the civil case (Zenaida lawsuit) and is pro bono. Apparently he will replace Jonathan Kasen. Kasen never showed up at anything (like the Morgan depos) anyway.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:15 am

"Bozo said he would take lessons from her on speaking with a drawl. He is such an idiot."

What a babbling buffoon he is..... Rolling Eyes
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:15 am

Interesting article from 2008...... bold mine.

Public defender-elect fires 10 seasoned attorneys

Published Saturday, November 29, 2008

~ Snipped ~

Gone are Ann Finnell and Patrick McGuinness, the subjects of an Oscar-winning documentary for defending falsely accused teenager Brenton Butler in 2000. Butler was exonerated after they convinced a jury that Jacksonville police beat his murder confession out of him, then tipped detectives to the real killers.

Red more: http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/112908/met_361369960.shtml
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:21 am

Casey Anthony's Attorney Introduces Additions to Defense Team

Published September 14, 2010

snipped:

"I'd rather be accused of overprepared instead of being underprepared," Baez said. "We're all prepared to fight and fight as hard as we have to."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/14/casey-anthonys-attorney-make-announcement/
-----------
What a joke!

Laughing
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 am

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team Ann_fi11

Ann Finnell
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:27 am

Looks like Jay Leno, if he had longer hair!! Laughing

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team Jay_Leno

Last edited by Julie on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:28 am

Mrs. Doubtfire....

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team Mrs.-Doubtfire
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Jose Baez Announces New Attorneys During Press Conference, Sept. 14, 2010

Part 1:

http://www.wftv.com/video/25003334/index.html

Part 2:
http://www.wftv.com/video/25004330/index.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Too funny, Julie!
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:02 pm

I agree Tish. It's sickening to see all these leeches jump on the bandwagon to defend an obviously guilty person.

You can't tell me they look at the 31 days, thousands of lies, party photos, decomp in the trunk, duct tape from the Anthony home found on the body, etc. and then decide that the wrong person is being charged.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:00 pm

OK...I apologize...I thought Roy Clark...I mean Black was gonna be a new team member...I guess he was just a passing fancy...I understand he's a high profile Miami/Dade attorney They were thinking abiut...Maybe he had second thoughts and they settled for these other two instead....I was a bit late in watching the media free-for-all so guess I missed the announcement of Finnell and Green...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Caylee'sJustice Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:50 am

It appears to me, this new attorney Finnel is there for the penalty phase. So, I'm guessing, team Inmate Anthony are preparing for a guilty verdict and if they aren't they need to be. There will be no way around those crucial 31 days she didn't alert authorities to an allegedly abducted child. When AnthonyL takes the stand, they will see there was no change in Inmate Anthonys demeanor. She never was worried or concerned and told her boyfriend du jour and everyone else, Caylee was with this non existant nanny. The jurors will hear of one lie after another, after another...will see she did nothing to help locate Caylee, the human decomp in her trunk, Caylee's hair with the death band, her admitting to getting rid of that horrible smell she claims were TWO DEAD SQUIRRELS THAT CRAWLED UP UNDER HER HOOD, will due her in...I'm happy that she's been under lock and key for three years by the time she goes to trial, so she's already adjusted to a life behind bars...get used to it prisoner, you aren't done yet! JMHO

Justice for Caylee
Caylee'sJustice
Caylee'sJustice

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 am

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team 88030 Well said, Caylee'sJustice!
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:10 am

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/

~ Another very interesting article by Seamus~ kh

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"No One Is Leaving the Team" Jose Baez

PART 1: http://www.wftv.com/video/25003334/index.html
PART 2: http://www.wftv.com/video/25004330/index.html

In the press conference, several insteresting statements were made. The obvious use of qualifiers weakens much of it, but here are a few:

Jose Baez "No one is leaving the team. People are joing the team. " .

This was not in response to a specific question but rather something that he anticipated. He said that there was speculation when Cheney joined the team. This is an indication of sensitivity and the infliction of credibility damage upon them when nationally known attorney Andrea Lyon left the team. For those who know Statement Analysis, this was something we expected:

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/05/angel-of-death-row.html

The topic of attorneys leaving the defense is sensitive to Baez. We will not be surprised to see another quit. Baez' nervousness increased when he was asked about Mr. Moss, an attorney visited Casey Anthony in jail. He said it is hard to get other attorneys to join on, mentioning cost and "getting along" with the other attorneys.

"It's its a little baffling to me, at times, how people have not seen this entire case, and, but you will see it at trial. and I've said that a million times, unfortunately people want to try this case today, yesterday..."

Mason accused the state of not providing information at the judge's ordered dates. This is a strong accusation which Judge Perry can answer to.

Mason: "the trial should take 2 months and jury selection is in a week the judge said though my experience of 40 years doubts that".

Mason spoke about doing commentary on TV.

New attorney shakes her head "no" Body language belies her statement about coming on board, although she has not owned a TV in decades. "After I spoke with these two gentleman, I wasn't hesitant at all. Not at all." Sensitivity noted. "Yes, there is a circus around this case" while nodding head in the affirmative.

Cheney challenged because he brought up TV commentating

and said, "I remember defending her from day 1".

Dr Eckman: most common lie is "I don't recall". It is not credible for Cheney Mason to say this. It is the most common response of deceptive people which is employed when they do not want to answer a question. Note that this brings in the subject of "credibility" which, if you see the analysis done on Mason, you will find that "credibility" is a sensitive subject; often repeated.

Kathi Belich: "Didn't you say she would be found guilty?"

Cheney Mason said: "I don't rcall making any such statement"

Q. Has Casey helped you find Zanaida Gonzalez?
A. (no response)

Kathi Belich, herself, is a sensitive topic for Mason. See analysis on his juvenile insults towards her. He presents himself as a 40 year veteran, full of wisdom, yet, when he is faced with a question that is difficult to answer, he resorted to junior high insults.

Kathi Belich challenged them to produce the exculpatory evidence they claimed and Baez and Cheney refused; instead deflected the question by stating that the prosecution has the burden of proof.

In Statement Analysis, when someone does not answer your question we say, "they have answered your question"

Baez made the claim that he had exculpatory evidence which would prove Casey Anthony innocent and has never produced it. Kathi Belich asked for it.

It does not exist.

Part 2, Statement Analysis shows the disdain that Baez has for the prosecution and just how "personal" it is (negation)

When asked about the information he has from the State, he admitted that he hasn't "picked it up yet".
Posted by Seamus O Riley at 12:06 PM

khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Ann Finnell and Charles Green Join Defense Team Empty I just love Kathi Belich..she asks the right questions

Post by Caylee'sJustice Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:50 am

Experts Discuss Discovery Of Remains

December 12, 2008

Pipitone also discussed the finding with a former prosecutor and a defense attorney, and the impact the discovery could have on the Casey Anthony case.

"What does it do to the state's case now that there' s a body?" Pipitone asked former prosecutor Elizabeth Rahter.

"Oh, it hugely bolsters the case. A jury is always a little reluctant to convict because they don't want to convict an innocent person. Absolutely you would not want to do that. So now, there's going to be no doubt that she's dead," Rahter said.

Defense attorney Cheney Mason said claims made by Casey Anthony and Baez that Caylee was alive will now work against them at trial.

"Then all the talking, all the press interviews and the parents going on this show and that show and the lawyer going on different shows establishes they have no credibility whatsoever," Mason said.

The testing of the remains could be the key to the case.

"The most important thing is how did she die?" Mason said. "It could have been an accidental death -- and we've talked before -- an improper disposal, it could have been a brutal homicide. We don't know, and until the medical examiner is finished and renders a report, no one is going to know."

Rahter said an accidental death would be hard to believe.

"What would a reasonable person do in the case of an accident? Call 911 or call your parents or call a close friend. Do you go borrow a shovel from a neighbor, probably not?" Rahter said.

Mason said an insanity defense would be even more difficult to prove, Rahter said.

"It's really difficult to be not criminally responsible. You have to prove they know right from wrong and they understand the consequences of their actions. Obviously, Casey understood the consequences of her actions because she worked really hard to cover it up," Rahter said.

If the case plays out how many think, the experts agree on what will likely happen.

"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life," Mason said.

"Yeah," Rahter said.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18268796/detail.html

CMason had commented on the Anthony case as early as December 2008...how he conveniently forgets or does he suffer from a touch of dementia??

He absolutely stated:

"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life," Mason said.

He also stated no one in this has any credibility. He has now become part of this "circus" and is doing exactly what he admonished what the defense and GA/CA are doing. Talking to the media and giving interviews...

"Then all the talking, all the press interviews and the parents going on this show and that show and the lawyer going on different shows establishes they have no credibility whatsoever," Mason said.

Hypocrit is the only word I have for CMason at the moment. Don't do as I say, do as I do, seems to be the theme of all involved in defending Inmate Anthony.

I still have faith in the judicial system, the jurors seated will see through all the smut and do what's right for Caylee...Caylee's justice is the golden ring...JMHO

Justice for Caylee
Caylee'sJustice
Caylee'sJustice

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:05 am

FYI..... for those of you who do not remember, Terry Lenamon was KC's first DP-qualified attorney back before Caylee's remains were found, when the State had decided not to pursue the DP.

Casey Anthony Has New Death-Qualified Attorney: Jacksonville's Ann Finnell

Posted on September 17, 2010 by Terry Lenamon

This past week, it was announced to the public by Casey Anthony's defense team that Florida's Ann E. Finnell had joined them, the latest death-qualified defense attorney to represent the young woman accused of murdering her toddler-daughter, Caylee Marie.

This news comes on the heels of Professor Andrea Lyon withdrawing from the case in late June 2010.

Ms. Finnell's efforts will focus upon the penalty phase of the trial, currently set for May 2011. This, of course, means that Ann Finnell will take a lead role only when, and if, Casey Anthony is found guilty during the initial guilt or innocence phase of the trial. (For the legal qualifications to serve as a death-qualified attorney under Florida law, read our earlier post.)

Personally, I don't know Ann Finnell but I've heard lots of great things about her -- she's known to be a fighter, a true believer, and a very good death penalty attorney. As the first death-qualified attorney on the Casey Anthony case, I do know a bit about the representation that Ms. Finnell has just undertaken, however.

And, as I did before with Professor Andrea Lyon, I wish my colleague Ann Finnell all the best in this important work.

http://www.deathpenaltyblog.com/casey-anthony-has-new-deathqualified-attorney-jacksonvilles-ann-finnell/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Caylee'sJustice Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:34 am

Ms. Finnell's efforts will focus upon the penalty phase of the trial, currently set for May 2011. This, of course, means that Ann Finnell will take a lead role only when, and if, Casey Anthony is found guilty during the initial guilt or innocence phase of the trial. (For the legal qualifications to serve as a death-qualified attorney under Florida law, read our earlier post.)

Well, at least the duhfense is preparing for that guilty verdict! I'm hoping they have informed Inmate Anthony there is that "real" possibility you will be found guilty. They should have gone along with TLenamon from the start. He wanted to use the PPD defense and was ixnayed out for it...seems now, they might just try and use this to garner sympathy when that guilty verdict is reached...I do predict a LWOP sentence for Inmate Anthony...She'll have three years in by the time this goes to trial and will be used to her surroundings. She will adapt very well behind bars..Maybe this is where she'll thrive unless some one gets to her first. I wonder how her life behind bars will be for her. She's being ostracised already, imagine when she gets into general population...Watch your back Miss Thang....JMHO

Justice for Caylee
Caylee'sJustice
Caylee'sJustice

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:16 pm

I agree with you, Caylee'sJustice, that KC has adapted well behind bars. But we also have to remember that she currently resides in the county jail.... once she is convicted, her new abode will become the State prison. HUGE difference. AND, assuming she gets LWOP (which I also believe she will ultimately get) and not DP, she won't be in protective custody any longer. Not saying she won't still adapt, but state prison is a whole different ball of wax than county jail.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:55 pm

New Casey Anthony Attorney Officially Joins Case
Ann Finnell Asks Judge Perry To Set Budget

POSTED: 3:44 pm EDT October 1, 2010
UPDATED: 4:35 pm EDT October 1, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s newest lawyer filed paperwork on Friday to officially join the case.

Ann Finnell, a death penalty qualified attorney from Jacksonville, could have various roles in the case, depending on whether Anthony is convicted of murder.

Finnell said her role is mostly confined to the penalty phase of the trial. If Anthony is found not guilty, she will have a much smaller role in the case.

Much of Finnell’s claim to fame comes from the 2001 Academy Award-winning documentary “Murder on a Sunday Morning.”

The film follows the efforts of Finnell and fellow public defender Patrick McGinness as they work to gain the acquittal of 15-year-old Brenton Butler.

..... snipped......
Finnell said she will need to employ a private investigator, psychiatrist and mitigation specialist.

In the motion to determine reasonable costs, Finnell estimated the total cost to taxpayers during a penalty phase could run about $20,000.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/25243535/detail.html

** Video at link **
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down