Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Trial Day 22: Casey Cries As Expert Talks About Caylee's Skull In Trial

+4
linden
LottieM
Justice4all
Julie
8 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 22: Casey Cries As Expert Talks About Caylee's Skull In Trial  Empty Casey Anthony Trial Day 22: Casey Cries As Expert Talks About Caylee's Skull In Trial

Post by Julie Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Casey Cries As Expert Talks About Caylee's Skull In Trial

Posted: 8:43 am EDT June 18, 2011
Updated: 1:54 pm EDT June 18, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's murder trial continued on Saturday, and as a forensic expert testified about her daughter Caylee's autopsy, she became emotional.

Casey's accused of killing her 2-year-old Caylee.

TRIAL DAY 33: Part 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Trial Day 33
RAW VIDEO: Judge Scolds Baez
CASEY CRIES: See Images | Raw Video
CASEY WALKS IN: See Images | Raw Video
VIDEO REPORT: Casey Trial Day 33
IN COURT: Judge, Casey, Attorneys, Witnesses
FACES OF CASEY: Most Recent To Oldest
EVIDENCE ARCHIVE: Casey Anthony Case
CASEY COVERAGE On Twitter | On Facebook

Read more:
http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28280462/detail.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 22: Casey Cries As Expert Talks About Caylee's Skull In Trial  Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 22: Casey Cries As Expert Talks About Caylee's Skull In Trial

Post by Julie Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:06 pm

He had a real human skull (bone), he mentions it in part 4, 2:07 through 2:20.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 22: Casey Cries As Expert Talks About Caylee's Skull In Trial  Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 22: Casey Cries As Expert Talks About Caylee's Skull In Trial

Post by Julie Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:04 pm

BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Casey Murder Trial Day 33
WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer talks about day 33 of Casey Anthony's murder trial. (06/18/11)

http://www.wftv.com/video/28281980/index.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Day 22: Judge threatens Casey Anthony's lawyer with contempt

By Jacqueline Fell and Amanda Evans, Team Coverage
Last Updated: Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:11 PM

ORLANDO --

Casey Anthony's lead attorney has been accused of intentionally ignoring a court order concerning his expert witnesses.

After removing the jury from the courtroom, Judge Belvin Perry dismissed the defense's first witness of the day, and threatened to hold Jose Baez in contempt of court.

Read more: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/june/265206/Day-22:-Judge-threatens-Casey-Anthonys-lawyer-with-contempt
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Today was great! Baez got reamed out and threatened with contempt!

His first witness was sent off until Baez did right.

And his old expert guy was a joke and a half!

Can't wait for Monday!

PS....I think I figured out why KC cries when they talk about the woods....she's really really upset they found Caylee when she didn't think anyone ever would. Very Happy
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by linden Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:34 am

I couldn't watch Saturday's court session, but I keep reading on news pages that the Defense Autopsy dude really did damage. Is this true? Or was he full of crap?

linden

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:43 am

I don't think he did any damage. He was so old he couldn't even talk in coherent sentences and the only thing he harped on was that Dr G didn't cut the top off Caylee's skull and look inside it, so for that he called her entire autopsy worthless.

This guy was the reason for the early morning sequestration hearing...he gave a reporter a report of what he was going to say that day before the trial.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:36 am

WFTV Special: Casey On Trial - Weekly Recap

http://www.wftv.com/video/28285016/index.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mindseye Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Much of Spitz testimony was substantial. Yes, he's very old now, takes him a long time to get a sentence out, and he should have known better than to give pre-interviews that gave as much info as they did prior to the testifying.

The point he was trying to make about the case being high profile IMO was you never want to eliminate any detail in the autopsy especially in a high profile case because it will be needed in the testimony in proving cause of death. The head is part of the body and can give important information, to not include it was a shoddy autopsy.

The prosecutor saying he liked to "attach himself" to high profile cases IMO was very disrespectful and condensending of this man. He has been attached to high profile cases like JFK, MLK, etc. because he was asked too (just as in this case).... his expertise is highly respected and sought.

I felt sorry for him when his words could not clearly convey this due to age. The prosecution turned everything he said around to make it to their benefit. I hope the jury saws through this.

mindseye

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Well, that's the job of cross examination....and Baez and Mason have tried to make a mockery of every state witness as well, but they aren't very good at it....just because the man is old doesn't give him immunity to being cross examined in any less way than Baez and company cross the state's experts or any witness.

I think the jury saw that the defense sought to use this guy's popularity rather than his ability to convey what made him popular. There were probably many experts they could have gotten to make their point that could speak well enough to be understood. I call this witness a FAIL.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:15 pm

I agree with you Lottie. He was asked by the defense to testify for them. Therefore he wanted to help make their case. No matter how good a person is at their profession, there comes a time when it is time to retire cause the brain and body aren't what they used to be.

Hell, he graduated from medical school in Switzerland in 1946. I was 5 years old at that time, and I am 70 now, and I know for a fact I can't do what I used to do. He has to be at least 20 years older than me.

Retire, man, and rest on your laurels. Appreciate what you have done, you don't need to do anything else.

Last edited by sitemama on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:17 pm

What the jury saw in Spitz was a conspiracy theorist on the stand. They were smirking when he said the hair on the skull was staged by the Medical Examiner's office for the picture, and they were smirking when he said someone duct taped Caylee's mandible in the anatomically correct position after decomposition.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mindseye Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:09 pm

I felt he was giving possibilities. Since we have no definitive answers. It appeared to him it "could" have been placed after decomposition since there was nothing to hold it to the now gone face other than matted hair on each side and I'm not sure it was still on both sides of the skull, maybe hair all falling to one side only. You didn't have to "pick" the head up and hold the mandible in place while at the same time trying to tape it. The prosecution kept repeating that and demonstrating w/his hands, but it could have been simply rolled face up while on the ground, setting the mandible in place and then taping it. Why anyone would think to do this is beyond me....but he was just saying it could have been placed after complete decomposition since it is questionable "why" it held the mandible in place.

mindseye

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 pm

I agree mama, it's time that old geezer rested on his laurels...past time. I had no idea he was pushing 100! Come on, man....you've had better days.

I agree with J4 too....about the jury probably seeing him as a conspiracy theorist. And also a bit wacky....that part where he shoved his finger in the hole in the bottom of the skull to demonstrate he could shove his finger in the hole and then shoved his pen in the hole to show he could also shove a pen in the whole was like....a baby experimenting with such things. Very Happy
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by maggieg Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 am

Reasonable doubt.....still waiting for Bozo and Company to show any.
maggieg
maggieg

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:40 am

Just about the only doubt I have is regarding Bozo winning this...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down