Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serial killer Clifford Olson dying

2 posters

Go down

Serial killer Clifford Olson dying Empty Serial killer Clifford Olson dying

Post by eva Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Serial killer Clifford Olson dying, say relieved families of dead children

VANCOUVER - Clifford Olson, Canada's most reviled serial killer who continued to torment his victims' families even from prison, is just days from death, say parents of the children he murdered.

They say Olson's last breath will bring some closure decades after his murderous crime spree ended with a controversial cash-for-bodies deal with police.

Sharon Rosenfeldt, the mother of one of his 11 victims, said the weight of Olson's actions has been hanging around her neck like a heavy necklace for three decades.

"I think it will lighten somewhat with his death. Actually, I think it'll lighten quite a bit with his death," she said in an interview with The Canadian Press.

Olson has been moved to a hospital in Quebec and officials have told the family members of his victims that he isn't expected to live out the month.

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/portal/NewsChannel.aspx?ArticleID=news/capfeed/national/9001606.xml&CatID=National
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Serial killer Clifford Olson dying Empty Re: Serial killer Clifford Olson dying

Post by eva Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Notorious killer Olson's legal legacy to linger long after his death: experts

OTTAWA - Though mention of child sex-slayer Clifford Olson will inspire shudders for decades to come, his impact on the Canadian legal world is likely to leave an equally deep impression.

Legal experts say Olson, who is dying of cancer, largely inspired changes to the law that eliminate any chance of early parole for murderers and cut off old-age benefits for those behind bars.

Police also say frustrations in solving his case spurred the eventual creation of a homegrown computer tool for tracking violent offenders.

Olson, one of Canada's most notorious and reviled criminals, has been transferred from prison to a Montreal hospital and may have only days to live.

He murdered two children and nine youths in the early 1980s.

"Even within the realm of first-degree murderers, his crimes were particularly unusual and horrific," said Neil Boyd, a criminologist at Simon Fraser University in British Columbia.

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/portal/NewsChannel.aspx?ArticleID=news/capfeed/national/9157955.xml&CatID=National
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:37 pm

I guess he will be standing in front of his final judge in a few days. Wonder how he is going to like Hell?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down