Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State

5 posters

Go down

George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State Empty George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State

Post by Snaz Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:36 pm

George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State
Anthony Family Attorney Discusses Depositions On 'Today' Show

POSTED: 9:40 am EDT August 6, 2009
UPDATED: 5:47 am EDT August 7, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- After a week of long and painful sworn depositions from the family of Casey Anthony, her parents' attorney confirmed Thursday morning that George and Cindy Anthony will testify for the state in Casey Anthony's trial.

Casey Anthony is currently in the Orange County jail charged with killing her daughter Caylee.

"I believe they will testify," attorney Brad Conway said during a "Today" show appearance. "They've told the truth from the beginning and their love for their daughter is not going to interfere with that."

Orlando defense attorney Richard Hornsby said the Anthonys have already testified through the previous sworn statements and depositions they've given. He said if they try to change their stories at trial to help Casey Anthony then their previous statements can be brought in.

"It's a gut punch because you're calling on this person's family to help put her to death," Hornsby said.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20302405/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State Empty Re: George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State

Post by mimi4all Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm conflicted with this. On one hand, I want to believe they would tell the truth at trial, but then again, we've seen the history with these two.
Do you think they will ever get to a point in all this where they really will believe that KC is responsible for Caylee's death and want justice for caylee? They can still love their daughter, but also want justice. Double edge sword, I guess. I guess we'll have to wait and see....
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State Empty Re: George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State

Post by Snaz Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:29 pm

Mimi, Georgette and Spindy will have to tell the truth on the stand because the prosecutor will have them on record in their interviews with LE, FBI and all those statements they made on TV BEFORE they began to cover for KC.....Plus there is George's Grand Jury statements. If they don't tell the truth, all the prosecutor will have to do is play those back... and I'm sure they will be ready with them to play in case the Ants try to say "it was pizza"......LOL

If you want to know what I think..... I think the Ants ALREADY know who is responsible for Caylee's demise. They know none of KC's stories make sense and they have learned way too much since the beginning NOT to know. Besides, if it wasn't KC, who else could possibly have done such a heinous thing...... no one else had any motive OR opportunity. KC had both.

KC murdered their only grandchild..... for that, they should want KC to pay the consequences of her actions. It isn't like KC has some deep-rooted mental disorder that would cause her to kill her child to save her from the devil or something like that. KC was not helpless..... Caylee was....
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:29 am

I'ts my opinion that the prosecution will play only video statements & ask "yes" or "no" questions. That way, they are "safe" in what is said by them.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:17 am

Deb, you may have a really good thought there.... I don't actually remember whether or not CA and GA are on the defense witness list..... so you are saying they are not? If that is the case, I agree with you.... the defense just may be looking to lay blame for Caylee's death squarely at their feet. KC Anthony should be ashamed of herself. But, of course, we know she thinks of no one BUT herself. George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State 873843 George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State 118198 George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State 91675 George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State 995649 George, Cindy Anthony To Testify For State 634663 :jackass:
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:38 am

I think Mushroom Cindy screaming into the phone "it smells like a dead body in the dam car" speaks volumes. Perhaps they will call her to the stand, play that and rest. Then bring Broadway George up and show his interview where he explains his past detective status, being a big shot and all, and how you never forget that smell.

Those two aren't going to give up their lives for Casey. Casey killed their little Caylee. I know it seems like they could have saved her little life but they didn't and they shall live the rest of their lives with woulda and shoulda.

When we look at the pictures and videos of little Caylee she was loved and was well taken care of. Yes she lived in a home with turmoil but she was loved.

Personally I think as she grew up she became a handfull for mentally ill Casey. Changing diapers on a three year old isn't what a dsco queen wants to be known for. Caylee was starting to "tell".
By the way any further word on when the trial will take place?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:13 am

Jeanne, I love your names for the Ants..... Mushroom Cindy and Broadway George!!! Laughing

I agree that Caylee was well taken care of physically. But I am not so sure she was taken care of emotionally and mentally. She was dressed in cute little clothes and had lots of toys back then. But, IMO, the Anthonys have not done ONE THING since Caylee died to prove their love for her other than to SAY they loved her. If they truly want justice for her murder, how can they make excuses and cover for her murderer? I think they all thought of her as a little pawn.

And as far as KC's friends saying she appeared to be a good mother...... she mothered her as long as it was convenient for her and put the focus on her. Once Caylee became a burden, demanding more and more a KC's time, and it became apparent that CA was threatening to take Caylee away from her calling her an unfit mother, KC took care of all her problems..... she threw Caylee away so she would no longer be a burden to her, but her mother, the person she hated most of all, couldn't have her either. JMO.

Also, Jeanne, there is a pre-trial hearing scheduled for January 21, 2010 (I think it is the 21st). I think they will probably set the trial date then.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm not sure CA was actually threatening to take Caylee away from KC. I think CA was getting tired of babysitting so KC could go out every nite. After all, she was working a full time job, and I think CA already knew KC was not working, so why should she come home from work and have to babysit?

I think she had Caylee all day on Father's Day and KC did not even go see her Grandfather. She wanted to go to Tony's and he didn't want kids around, so she wanted her mom to babysit again that night, but CA had heard about Granddad's money being stolen, so she confronted KC about it.

KC got mad when CA tried to choke her, and she used the only thing she had to get back at CA. Like Grandma Shirley said, she hated CA more than she loved Caylee.

I don't know why KC would be upset if CA threatened to take Caylee, she never wanted her in the first place. She was going to give her up for adoption at birth, but CA would not allow it. I truly think KC would have been happy if CA & GA had taken Caylee. Then she would have been free to do as she wanted all the time.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:19 pm

c4c... I agree with pretty much everything you said..... but Caylee was KC's meal ticket. If CA took Caylee away from KC, then KC lost her bargaining chip. I also think KC was jealous of the attention her own parents gave her child. She wanted to be number one in everyone's eyes...... having Caylee around put her in second place.

Also, the reason I believe CA was planning to take Caylee away from KC is because CA herself told people that she had seen a counselor. CA told the counselor KC was an unfit mother... and the counselor advised her to seek custody of Caylee and kick KC out of the house. I honestly believe CA threw that in KC's face on more than one occasion.

KC didn't want Caylee, but she didn't want her mother to have her either...... I believe KC really hated her mother and when the choking incident happened, it just fueled the already existing fire. I think KC's anger at CA got the best of her.

CA used Caylee to make KC do what she wanted her to do... and KC used Caylee to get what she wanted..... poor Caylee never had a chance in that home.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Snaz you took the words right out of my mouth.

Caylee was a hot potato. She was a cutie but she was a child. Everybody wanted everybody else to do the "mommy stuff". Cindy was busy, Casey was a big party girl and George was well George was George. So they went round and round.
Nobody in that family wanted to "dig in".
I just had the three grandchildren 3, 6 and 10 for an overnighter and I am all in.
I often observe the three year old, because of this case, and he is pretty smart and tells a lot. He has a mind of his own and I was glad when his mother picked him up. lol
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down