Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death

+7
Marica
justanopinion
Stolat
Freckles
Ann - Tx
Requiem
Justice4all
11 posters

Go down

Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death Empty Re: Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

By Jack Maddox, CNN
updated 8:59 PM EDT, Mon June 11, 2012

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death Empty Re: Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death

Post by Requiem Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Now this is a case where killing someone in defense of a third party should not result in prosecution (IMO)! Dad says he didn't mean to kill him. I wouldn't want him charged even if he did.

Justice4all wrote:Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

By Jack Maddox, CNN

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:28 pm

This was on our news this evening. I see J4A posted an article from CNN.

Tiffany Craig is a reporter with KHOU - Houston and she went to Shiner, Tx today. The folks that Tiffany spoke to do not think the father of the innocent 4 year old child should be charged.
~~~~~

Shiner residents rally around dad who killed daughter's alleged attacker

by Tiffany Craig / KHOU 11 News
Houston, TX

Posted on June 11, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Updated today at 6:16 PM

SHINER, Texas – Just days after a Shiner father beat another man to death for allegedly molesting his 4-year-old girl, residents of the small town were expressing support for his actions.

It happened Saturday on the father’s rural property.

Read more:

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Sheriff-Dad-kills-daughters-alleged-attacker-158450735.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 pm

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=8693986
KTRK Houston, TX 6/11/12

Sheriff: Dad killed daughter's alleged attacker

Snipped:

Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said the 23-year-old father, whose name has not been released, is unlikely to be arrested for Saturday's killing and that no evidence so far has led investigators to doubt his story.

"There doesn't appear to be any reason other than what he told us," Harmon said.

~~~~~

Video with article!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:01 am

By Jack Maddox, CNN

He SAW the creep sexually assaulting his little girl. And this father decided to do what EVERY man should do if there child is sexually assaulted: He protected his little girl from any further assaults.

Good for him!

One in three females WILL be sexually assaulted before the age of 18 yrs old.
Look around.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:00 am

Freckles wrote:

By Jack Maddox, CNN

He SAW the creep sexually assaulting his little girl. And this father decided to do what EVERY man should do if there child is sexually assaulted: He protected his little girl from any further assaults.

Good for him!

Look around.

You know - that statistic is sadly realistic. We all can likely look around and know someone or be close to someone who was sexually abused (maybe we don't even know it). My sister was date-raped - so badly that she needed stitches. Scared the living crap out of me where I didn't want to date until my 20's. The parents of the guy had the audacity to come to our house and ask my parents not to press charges so it wouldn't deter his acceptance to college (!) I'm pretty sure if my dad had seen the assault take place...there's a large chance that guy may not be breathing today either. I can only imagine it being a tough position to be in for a father who loves his child and traumatized like that. I can imagine it requiring heroic restraints to retain that rage of love. It reminds me of that movie "A Time To Kill" where the jury acquitted based on the temporary insanity incited by seeing the trauma of the daughter sexuallly assaulted.

The town sheriff in this case had an interesting stance in it all. I'm not sure I've ever heard of Self Defense of a Third Party - or even knew it existed. Or is this just TX law?
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am

Stolat wrote:
Freckles wrote:

By Jack Maddox, CNN

Good for him!

Look around.

You know - that statistic is sadly realistic. We all can likely look around and know someone or be close to someone who was sexually abused (maybe we don't even know it). My sister was date-raped - so badly that she needed stitches. Scared the living crap out of me where I didn't want to date until my 20's. The parents of the guy had the audacity to come to our house and ask my parents not to press charges so it wouldn't deter his acceptance to college (!) I'm pretty sure if my dad had seen the assault take place...there's a large chance that guy may not be breathing today either. I can only imagine it being a tough position to be in for a father who loves his child and traumatized like that. I can imagine it requiring heroic restraints to retain that rage of love. It reminds me of that movie "A Time To Kill" where the jury acquitted based on the temporary insanity incited by seeing the trauma of the daughter sexuallly assaulted.

The town sheriff in this case had an interesting stance in it all. I'm not sure I've ever heard of Self Defense of a Third Party - or even knew it existed. Or is this just TX law?

When my boys were young we befriended a young couple with small children (more than acquaintances but less than friends.) About a year later the man was caught molesting the 6 year old daughter... I wanted to ventilate him..courts did take action as well as the CFS (child and family services) But when it happened I swore that should anything like that happen in my family that I would gladly do jail time to rectify the situation.. if you all catch my drift and that the courts would be too late for the perpetrator. So I am certain without any doubt that the father did not intend to kill the man but was temporarily insane when he observed (saw with his own 2 eyes) someone harming his 4 yr old daughter. I say no charges should be laid as any jury with any self respect would acquit anyway so lets not waste taxpayer money going through the process. JMO based on experience!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Justa.. I follow what you are saying and I feel pretty much the same. The thing that the LE may have to set the personal opinions of many and realize that even though the man "SAYS" he saw this taking place, is there proof the man did what he was accused of doing. Just a thought here, but what if there is someone I despise and want to be rid of. Lets say I cannot stand the man my gran daughter is involved with so I just up and kill him and then swear I walked in and caught him sexually abusing my great grand daughter. If there is no witness to what I claim then how can anyone know if what I am claiming is true.
I'm afraid this man will be arrested and charged. I just hope there is proof of what he saw, or at least another witness.
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Marica wrote:Justa.. I follow what you are saying and I feel pretty much the same. The thing that the LE may have to set the personal opinions of many and realize that even though the man "SAYS" he saw this taking place, is there proof the man did what he was accused of doing. Just a thought here, but what if there is someone I despise and want to be rid of. Lets say I cannot stand the man my gran daughter is involved with so I just up and kill him and then swear I walked in and caught him sexually abusing my great grand daughter. If there is no witness to what I claim then how can anyone know if what I am claiming is true.
I'm afraid this man will be arrested and charged. I just hope there is proof of what he saw, or at least another witness.

Well, in this case, the daughter was immediately taken in to the hospital for treatment (and likely DNA testing). I think it's a no-brainer if foreign bodily fluids/DNA are discovered within her body. Also - a 4 yr old can very effectively talk by that age. They may not be able to put into precise words but they have ways of using manequins/dolls to help the child express exactly how/where they were touched/violated. This girl would be able to point out this man and answer questions as to whether he violated her. I agree with you that there needs to be evidence -- I just have a feeling that in this case, there will be ample.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Stolat, I expect this case to be proven through medical testing and confirmation by the child as well. But I am guessing some sort of charge, probably manslaughter, and I would hope the system would work out something agreeable so the child won't be further traumatized by the loss of her Daddy over this.Just saying that "IF" no charges then I would expect to see more claims of "I didn't mean to kill him but I was so angry when I caught him molesting my child" defenses.
I know of one man who witnessed his step father abusing his young child through a skylight. Not sure if that was planned because the suspected the man or what. Law was called and he was hauled off to jail. I don't think I could have contained myself. I would probably jumped right through that skylight and beat the man senseless.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death Empty texas dad

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:50 am

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Local_Dad_Recalls_Daughters_Sexual_Abuse_In_Wake_Of_Shiner_Incident_158997075.html
KBTX - Bryan, TX 6/13/12 - Updated 6/14/12

Local Dad Recalls Daughter's Sexual Abuse in Wake of Shiner Incident
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death Empty Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death

Post by eva Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death

HOUSTON -- A central Texas father who told investigators he fatally beat a man he caught molesting his 4-year-old daughter at a horse barn on Saturday has not been charged, authorities said Tuesday.

Lavaca County Dist. Atty. Heather McMinn told the Los Angeles Times that the investigation was pending and that the case was due to be turned over to her office by Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

“Upon the completion of the investigation, the case will be presented to my office and a Lavaca County grand jury,” McMinn said.

On Tuesday, an autopsy was completed on the victim by the Travis County Medical Examiner, and preliminary results were turned over to Lavaca County's justice of peace, said Sarah Scott, the medical examimer's chief administrative officer.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-texas-killing-20120612,0,5906401.story
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunters G-ma Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Way to go Dad!! I pray he doesn't get charged with anything. I know I would have done the same thing.
Hunters G-ma
Hunters G-ma

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Hunters G-ma, I doubt if he is charged.

This happened in Shiner, TX. If this would be presented to the Grand Jury, it is comprised of people in Lavaca County and knowing the area, I do not think the Grand Jury will indict the man for any thing. I see a "No-Bill."

In fact, I think the man should be honored with a "key to the city."
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Dad remorseful after killing daughter's molester

Posted: Jun 11, 2012 9:33 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 11, 2012 9:37 PM CDT

By Rita Garcia, Reporter & Anchor
KRIV (FOX) - Houston, TX

SHINER, Texas (FOX 26) -
A father from Shiner, Texas is remorseful after killing a man who allegedly molested his 4-year-old daughter.

According to the police, the child's father never meant to kill anyone but says he'd do anything to protect his baby.

Snipped:

"He told me that it wasn't his intent for this individual to lose his life; he was just protecting his daughter," Harmon said after talking with the child's dad who had also placed the first call to 911.

Read more and view video:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/18761420/2012/06/11/dad-remorseful-after-killing-daughters-molester
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Feel very bad for this Dad. No matter what the outcome,
he will live with this nightmare the rest of his days. How horrible for him to have to carry these memories forever.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Most recent update in a "local" newspaper via Official Press Release from Lavaca County District Attorney:

Lavaca officials identify man beaten to death by father of molested girl

Originally published June 15, 2012 at 3:33 p.m.
Updated June 16, 2012 at 6:42 a.m.

The Victoria Advocate
Victoria, TX

Lavaca County authorities on Friday identified the 47-year-old man who was caught molesting a girl and then beaten to death by the child's father.

Snipped:

In a press release issued Friday, authorities said Flores was attempting to sexually assault the girl, whose age was corrected by officials Friday to be 5 years old.

"When emergency medical personnel arrived, Jesus Mora Flores' pants and underwear were down and the man's genitals were exposed," said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon, who was quoted in a press released issued by District Attorney Heather McMinn.

Snipped:

The press release also confirms that law enforcement officials discovered a witness to the attacks, but does not identify that person.

Read more:

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/jun/15/cd_victim_named_061612_179576/?counties
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:

Most recent update in a "local" newspaper via Official Press Release from Lavaca County District Attorney:

Lavaca officials identify man beaten to death by father of molested girl

Originally published June 15, 2012 at 3:33 p.m.
Updated June 16, 2012 at 6:42 a.m.

The Victoria Advocate
Victoria, TX

Lavaca County authorities on Friday identified the 47-year-old man who was caught molesting a girl and then beaten to death by the child's father.

Snipped:

In a press release issued Friday, authorities said Flores was attempting to sexually assault the girl, whose age was corrected by officials Friday to be 5 years old.

"When emergency medical personnel arrived, Jesus Mora Flores' pants and underwear were down and the man's genitals were exposed," said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon, who was quoted in a press released issued by District Attorney Heather McMinn.

Snipped:

The press release also confirms that law enforcement officials discovered a witness to the attacks, but does not identify that person.

Read more:

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/jun/15/cd_victim_named_061612_179576/?counties

the article stated that they expect this case to go to the Grand Jury... but with this statement also in the article I would hope that there would be no charges...

"Investigators found that "a witness observed Jesus Mora Flores forcibly carrying a 5-year-old child off to a secluded area, the witness ran for help and alerted the child's father.""

JMO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Sure sounds like a no brainer for the GJ.
Guess I would be looking at it in the same
way I would if the Father had killed any
other kind of animal attacking his child.
He sure didn't need to kill to stop this
attack, but how could he possibly have
controlled his rage seeing his child being
attacked this way.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:50 pm

http://www.gonzalesinquirer.com/article_94144ccc-b573-11e1-8fad-0019bb2963f4.html
The Gonzales Inquirer - Gonzales, TX -- Updated 6/19/12

Man Identified in Shiner Beating Death
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Per News Conference held by Lavaca County District Attorney Heather McMinn and Sheriff Micah Harmon today at 3:30 p.m. CDT, the Grand Jury will not indict.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Read tweets from Sonny Long, Reporter:
~~~

Live updates from press conference 6/19/12

Tuesday June 19, 2012

via Twitter - Sonny Long, Reporter
The Victoria Advocate - Victoria, TX

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/jun/18/sl_homicide_presser_061912_179826/?counties

3:33 -- SonnyLong:
Grand jury will not indict. [via Twitter]
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Note: Video is from an earlier broadcast as this story unfolded. Perhaps KHOU - Houston, TX will update the article with a current video later.
~~~

DA: Shiner father who killed molester won't face charges

by KHOU.com staff & Tiffany Craig / KHOU.com
Houston, TX

Posted on June 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM

SHINER, Texas – A grand jury in LaVaca County has refused to indict a Shiner father who beat another man to death for allegedly molesting his 5-year-old daughter.

The Lavaca County district attorney said Tuesday that the evidence supports the man's story.

Read more:

http://www.khou.com/news/159620305.html

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Good news. I'm glad the evidence supported his actions.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:32 pm

No charges for Shiner, Texas dad who beat to death daughter's alleged attacker

Updated at 03:57 PM - June 19, 2012

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=8707343
KTRK - Houston, TX 6//19/12
~~~

Article & video

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:54 pm

http://www.click2houston.com/news/No-charges-filed-in-alleged-molester-s-death/-/1735978/15157410/-/vbre4gz/-/index.html
KPRC - Houston, TX 6/19/12

No charges filed in alleged molester's death
Sheriff: Father caught Jose Mora sexually assaulting 5-year-old daughter
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:14 pm

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Dad_Wont_Face_Charges_in_Alleged_Attackers_Death_159626425.html
KBTX - Bryan, TX -- 6/19/12

Dad Won't Face Charges in Alleged Attacker's Death

Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death Shiner+beating+death+web
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Dad_Wont_Face_Charges_in_Alleged_Attackers_Death_159626425.html
KBTX - Bryan, TX -- 6/19/12

Dad Won't Face Charges in Alleged Attacker's Death

Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death Shiner+beating+death+web

Justice is served!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:19 pm

Thank GOD for the good common sense and logic of Texans.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:53 am

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/06/news-conference-planned-in-lavaca-co-beating-death/
Houston Chronicle Houston, Tx 6/19/12 - 10:40 p.m. update

Dad won’t face charges in alleged attacker’s death

Texas Dad Beats 4-Year-Old Daughter's Alleged Attacker to Death Lavaca1
Heather McMinn, district attorney for Guadalupe, Gonzales and Lavaca
counties, speaks at a news conference with Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon
and V’Anne Huser, attorney for the father, on Tuesday in Halletttesville.

(AP Photo/Ramit Masti)
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:08 am

Nancy Grace had this on her show Tuesday night. She really does need to educate herself about Texas law and exactly what transpired regarding this case.

In my opinion, NG, implied that the District Attorney for Lavaca County, Tx was seeking an indictment against the child's father, which is not the case.

Based on the investigation and evidence presented by Sheriff Harmon's office, as the lead investigators, to the Lavaca County District Attorney's office, it was apparent the DA was seeking a "No Bill" from the Grand Jury.

Then the talking heads from New York, Atlanta, CA and wherever weigh in and they are clueless! lol

In the future, if NG covers a Texas story, I would suggest that NG has Texas attorneys, who know TX law, as guests.

But then again, I doubt if any in the Texas legal community would want to be part of such a show that attempts to put a spin on things. For example, in no mainstream media articles from the area, does it say that the child let out a "blood curdling scream" as NG stated. No where does a mainstream media article say that the man, who was killed, molested children in the past as NG stated!

That valuable air time could have been used to focus on Brittany Wood, TJ Murray, or many other cases who have had no national media coverage.

Sorry, Nancy Grace! You tried to incite the public and for many Texans, especially in the Lavaca County area, it went over like a lead balloon!

After about 40 minutes, I had to zap NG Show. Waste of my time!

Just the facts, Nancy!
_________

Edited by Ann-Tx to add:

The following is a direct Link to the transcript of the Nancy Grace show which aired 6/19/12:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/19/ng.01.html
CNN - Transcripts - Nancy Grace - Air date 6/19/12

NANCY GRACE

Father Kills Man Molesting his 5-Year-Old

Aired June 19, 2012 - 20:00 ET

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add direct Link to transcript - Nancy Grace Show: air date 6/19/12)
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:19 am

Oh yes, NG does that. It's annoying.
I bet she mentioned her twins too.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:21 am

Julie, she did mention her twins! Same script; different story! lol
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:22 am

LOL! Knew it!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:49 am

Would hate to see her kids come to any harm, but the way she goes on about them it wouldn't surprise me that someone will one day try to snatch them.She needs to shut her yap about her kids.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:07 am

Marica, I agree. Many celebrities won't even discuss their children and try to keep their children from being photographed by the paparazzi.

On many occasions, she talks and criticizes other folks about their kids and then at times, she has shown pics of her twins. She will twitter a link to pics of her kids at the zoo (recently) and wherever.

I hope that no one ever targets her children. If I were her, I would keep the lives of my children private! There is no telling what kind of pervert is out there.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:29 am

Here is an article with a video from the Press Conference which was held on Tuesday, 6/19/12, in Hallettsville, Lavaca County, TX.

Hallettsville is the county seat for Lavaca County.

The Victoria Advocate is a well respected, reputable newspaper in Victoria, TX and covers the Lavaca County area.

Unlike some "national" media source, you can be assured the facts are reported in this article by the Victoria Advocate. There is no "spin" in this article!

~~~~~

Father not indicted in beating death

by Sonny Long

Originally published June 19, 2012 at 9:48 p.m.
Updated June 20, 2012 at 1:09 a.m

HALLETTSVILLE - A frantic father called 911 for help after fatally beating a man he caught molesting his 5-year-old daughter in a pasture 10 days ago.

A Lavaca County grand jury on Tuesday morning decided the death was justified.

During a news conference, Lavaca County District Attorney Heather McMinn said the 911 call was among the "substantial amount of evidence" that convinced a grand jury not to indict the 23-year-old Yoakum father in the death of Jesus Mora Flores, 47, of Gonzales.

McMinn, during the news conference, told the assembled media that "under the law in Texas, deadly force is authorized and justified to stop an aggravated sexual assault or a sexual assault.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/jun/19/sl_beating_death_062012_179823/?counties
_______

Direct Link to an additional video of the 911 call:

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/videos/2012/jun/20/6770/

Press Conference on beating death
Advocate Staff
Lavaca County officials play the 911 tape from the June 9, 2012 Shiner homicide.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:16 am

Dad won't face charges in alleged attacker's death
Lavaca County grand jury declined to indict father in beating death

Published On: Jun 19 2012 06:02:05 PM CDT
Updated On: Jun 20 2012 02:52:12 AM CDT

KSAT - San Antonio, Tx

SHINER, Texas -
A young Texas father who beat to death with his fists a man molesting his 5-year-old daughter will not be charged, authorities said Tuesday, as they released a dramatic 911 tape of the dad frantically pleading to send help before the man died.

A Lavaca County grand jury on Tuesday declined to indict the 23-year-old father in the death of Jesus Mora Flores, 47, who was killed June 9 on a family ranch so remote that the father is heard profanely screaming at a dispatcher who couldn't locate the property.

http://www.ksat.com/news/Dad-won-t-face-charges-in-alleged-attacker-s-death/-/478452/15164358/-/7kcu9g/-/index.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:31 am

Ann - Tx wrote:

Here is an article with a video from the Press Conference which was held on Tuesday, 6/19/12, in Hallettsville, Lavaca County, TX.

Hallettsville is the county seat for Lavaca County.

The Victoria Advocate is a well respected, reputable newspaper in Victoria, TX and covers the Lavaca County area.

Unlike some "national" media source, you can be assured the facts are reported in this article by the Victoria Advocate. There is no "spin" in this article!

~~~~~

Father not indicted in beating death

by Sonny Long

Originally published June 19, 2012 at 9:48 p.m.
Updated June 20, 2012 at 1:09 a.m

HALLETTSVILLE - A frantic father called 911 for help after fatally beating a man he caught molesting his 5-year-old daughter in a pasture 10 days ago.

A Lavaca County grand jury on Tuesday morning decided the death was justified.

During a news conference, Lavaca County District Attorney Heather McMinn said the 911 call was among the "substantial amount of evidence" that convinced a grand jury not to indict the 23-year-old Yoakum father in the death of Jesus Mora Flores, 47, of Gonzales.

McMinn, during the news conference, told the assembled media that "under the law in Texas, deadly force is authorized and justified to stop an aggravated sexual assault or a sexual assault.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/jun/19/sl_beating_death_062012_179823/?counties
_______

Direct Link to an additional video of the 911 call:

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/videos/2012/jun/20/6770/

Press Conference on beating death
Advocate Staff
Lavaca County officials play the 911 tape from the June 9, 2012 Shiner homicide.

That poor man! He was very distressed in his 911 call it is apparent that he was not intending on killing the man. What a terrible spot to be in, seeing his child assaulted and then feeling remorse for acting the way any man would protecting his family.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Down side ... No one can change what took place.
Thinking of the child, in spite of the horrible thing
that happened, she will grow up never having to
fear the day when the man (who hurt or tried to
hurt her) might come for her again, knowing that
her Daddy will do anything to protect her.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Marica wrote:Down side ... No one can change what took place.
Thinking of the child, in spite of the horrible thing
that happened, she will grow up never having to
fear the day when the man (who hurt or tried to
hurt her) might come for her again, knowing that
her Daddy will do anything to protect her.

Little girl has a super hero in my book... if I lived close by I'd buy the man some beer/libation of his choice; give him a big pat on the back and wash and iron his cape!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Yes Justa.. I agree. Dad is a Hero. I knew a 5 yr. old who was molested by an adult. She feared that man would return and hurt her again until the day he died. She is now in her 30's and recently told me how terrified she was that he would come for her again. She lived in fear of this man for nearly 20 years.

He died a horrible death. His heart exploded. I'm pretty sure it was a drug related death.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down