Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boyfriend Beats 2 Year Old to Death Over Spilling Milk

3 posters

Go down

Boyfriend Beats 2 Year Old to Death Over Spilling Milk Empty Boyfriend Beats 2 Year Old to Death Over Spilling Milk

Post by Piper Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:01 am

Racine Man Accused Of Beating Child To Death
Victim's Mother Also Facing Charges

POSTED: 6:15 pm CDT March 15, 2010

RACINE, Wis. -- A 40-year-old Racine man is accused of killing a 2-year-old boy, punching him because he was spilling his milk.

Manuel Garcia made an appearance in Racine County Court on Monday.

Investigators said Garcia lost his temper with his girlfriend's son, punching him numerous times in the abdomen on Thursday, killing him.

Family members said Jovani Martinez died early Friday at a Racine hospital, just hours after Garcia and his mother, Lawanda Martinez, 25, brought him in.

Police later interviewed Garcia at his Racine home, and according to the criminal complaint, he admitted punching the boy at least three times because the child was quote "frustrating him" and spilling his milk.

Garcia's family said it's hard to believe.

"All I know is my uncle wouldn't hurt the little boy," Garcia's niece, Karla Veloz, said.

Martinez is charged with child neglect resulting in death. Prosecutors said she largely ignored the boy's injuries and symptoms until it was too late.

"He was dizzy, he wasn't responding to nothing. I kept telling her to take him to the hospital," Martinez's mother, Wanda Williams, said.

Williams with Martinez and the child before he died. She said that although she doesn't blame her for his death, she agrees Martinez should've taken him to the hospital right away.

She said she's upset and disappointed.

"Yes I am, because she should've listened to me and took him to the hospital. … She should've took him to the hospital like I asked her to do. But, she did not do, she did not do it," Williams said.

The boy's father was not in court on Monday. Earlier, he told the Racine Journal Times he had seen signs of abuse with the child, but didn't know how to report it.

The Department of Children and Families in Madison said they can't comment on any prior reports of abuse.

Martinez' three other children were taken into protective custody by the DCF. Her family said they're trying to obtain custody of them.

http://www.wisn.com/news/22848485/detail.html?hpt=Sbin
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Boyfriend Beats 2 Year Old to Death Over Spilling Milk Empty Re: Boyfriend Beats 2 Year Old to Death Over Spilling Milk

Post by Julie Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:12 am

So, neither Grandma nor bio-Daddy knew how to pick up the phone & call 911?

Excuses, excuses, now there's another dead little child. Boyfriend Beats 2 Year Old to Death Over Spilling Milk 45136
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Boyfriend Beats 2 Year Old to Death Over Spilling Milk Empty Re: Boyfriend Beats 2 Year Old to Death Over Spilling Milk

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:27 pm

I agree Julie - The "i didn't know how to report it" defense doesn't fly w/ me - the truth is that they CHOSE to ignore it and look the other way!!!
you know this baby's last few hrs were painful - what a horrible way to die!! and it probably could have been prevented if someone had taken him to the hospital!! it's senseless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Tish, you're right, there may have been something that they could have done to save him. The "I didn't know how to report it" defense translates into "I was afraid they would ask me what happened" excuse.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Another BF killer....what the hell is wrong with the women who hook up with these monsters. Poor little guy, with nobody to protect him, and he is no more. But mommy will create another child for another violent man to beat to death. This is a viscious circle, and the cycle of abuse probably goes way back to other children in this household. Little Jovani has joined all the other little angels in heaven, no one can hurt him now.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:34 pm

My heart just sinks everytime I read one of these stories. Sad

I can only imagine their pain. And these people are idiots....saying I told her to take him to the hospital and I didn't know who to call......total BS. They ignored it...

I'm glad "Momma" is being charged as well. You're right, Cali........she'll just have another one and they'll go on as if Jovanni never even existed.........
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down