Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12

+14
color77
Ann - Tx
Alessandra_Deux
Weeziethm
Tinyworm
snowbird
Freckles
Justice4all
Lash
angiefly2
Hunters G-ma
nanaof4
Honeysage
Julie
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Lash wrote:Alessandra- I was going off memory from the p/c in that post. Reports are now indicating Black was arrested on 6/29 and booked 6/30 on suspicion. No charges showing yet for the rape, kidnapping and murder of Sierra.

Snip- Black was arrested on June 29 on suspicion of car theft and bank robbery.

Authorities said alert police officers then noticed Black lived in an apartment near the canal where the young girl's body was found, and that debris on his clothing appeared similar to debris found in the field where the child's clothing was discovered.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/10/arrest-announced-in-death-assault-6-year-old-utah-girl/#ixzz20GP8XbKP

Lash, don't worry about the date, I was just looking at the information about his previous arrest.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12

Post by Julie Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Just saw the headlines...I'm so happy they caught the PIG!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Family members reported her missing from her bedroom shortly before the body was discovered. Police say she was sexually assaulted and strangled but the official cause of death was drowning.

Read more: http://thegardenisland.com/news/world/belfast-dog-to-be-put-to-sleep-after--year/article_6c2d4462-c434-5401-9d2f-cf1be3596fdc.html#ixzz20H0X3f7j
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:33 am

Article with informative video. Snippets of the Press Conference held on Tuesday, 7/10/12.
Additional videos below main video.
~~~~~

Neighbor arrested in murder of 6-year-old Sierra Newbold

By Pat Reavy
KSL-TV - Salt Lake City, UT

July 10th, 2012 @ 9:33pm

Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12 - Page 2 Img332
Terry Lee Black

SALT LAKE CITY — Outstanding police work, some lucky breaks, a strong hunch and possibly even divine intervention led to the arrest of a man accused of murdering 6-year-old Sierra Newbold.

"Miracles do happen," said West Jordan Police Chief Douglas Diamond. "I'm not going to say it's not divine intervention. I myself believe it is divine intervention."

Terry Lee Black, 41, who lives in the young girl's West Jordan neighborhood, was charged Tuesday with capital murder, child kidnapping and rape of a child. All are first-degree felonies.

"We've very glad that this crime has been solved, that we've been able to arrest somebody for the death of Sierra Newbold," Diamond said.

Tracking down Black

Read more and view videos:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21194209&nid=148&title=neighbor-arrested-in-murder-of-6-year-old-sierra-newbold&s_cid=featured-1

Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12 - Page 2 Img332
West Jordan Police Chief Doug Diamond
and Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim
Gill announce murder and child rape charges
against Terry Lee Black, 41, in the death of
6-year-old Sierra Newbold in Salt Lake City
on Tuesday, July 10, 2012.

(Photo: Laura Seitz, Deseret News)

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:38 am

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=45000&agency=16&id=300471&searchType=offender
VINE - State of Utah

Offender Name: TERRY LEE BLACK

Offender ID:300471
Race: Native American

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:SALT LAKE COUNTY JAIL

Parole Eligibility:Not Eligible for Parole
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:53 am

http://iml.slsheriff.org/IML
Salt Lake City Sheriff.org - Inmate Lookup

Snipped:

Name: TERRY LEE BLACK

Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12 - Page 2 Imageservlet?imgsysid=987605

Sex: M
Height: 508
Weight: 270
Race: AMERICAN INDIAN
Hair Color: BLACK
Eye Color: BROWN

Inmate Information

Booking #: 12033307
SO#: 300471
State ID: 345781
FBI: 175310PA7
Citizen: UNITED STATES
COB: New Mexico
~~~~~~

You might have to type in Terry Black's name when you go to the above Link.

Additional info you can view:

Incarceration Information
Alias Information
Detainer Information
Bond Information
Charge Information
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by color77 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:15 am

Thank God this monster if off the street. I think there is alot to be said for home surviellance systems! Just looking at this creep gives me chills, I hope he pays to the fullest extent of the law for what he did to that baby girl. Prayers for the family now as they have to get thru this difficult time~

color77

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:39 am

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865558777/Announcement-expected-in-Sierra-Newbold-murder-investigation.html?pg=1
'Divine intervention' helped police solve case of slain 6-year-old, chief says

Outstanding police work, some lucky breaks, a strong hunch and possibly even divine intervention led to the arrest of a man accused of murdering 6-year-old Sierra Newbold.

"Miracles do happen," said West Jordan Police Chief Douglas Diamond. "I'm not going to say it's not divine intervention. I myself believe it is divine intervention."

Terry Lee Black, 41, who lives in the young girl's West Jordan neighborhood, was charged Tuesday with capital murder, child kidnapping and rape of a child. All are first-degree felonies.

"We've very glad that this crime has been solved, that we've been able to arrest somebody for the death of Sierra Newbold," Diamond said.

--more@link--
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:46 am

Neighbor talks about the link between Sierra Newbold and the suspected killer

Updated: 9:36 am | Published: 2:27 am
Reported by: Don Hudson

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) – Shortly after learning a suspect had been arrested in the death of Sierra Newbold, it was also discovered that the suspect was a neighbor.

Terry Lee Black faces sexual assault and murder charges in the case. Neighbors who know Black were shocked and neighbors who learned Black lived just two blocks away from the Newbolds were just as shocked.

Red more:

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/sierra-newbold-terry-black/JueBNCRk4Uep0PbDcE8Opg.cspx
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Utah girl's family: Arrest 'a small measure of closure’

By Aaron Falk and Nate Carlisle
| The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published 31 minutes ago • Updated 22 minutes ago

For the family of Sierra Newbold, the arrest of the man police and prosecutors say walked into the Newbolds’ West Jordan home last month and kidnapped, raped and killed the child has "allowed at least a small measure of closure."

In a statement released to media Wednesday, Brad Newbold, the 6-year-old girl’s father, thanked police and offered support for the family of Terry Lee Black, who was charged Tuesday with aggravated murder.

"We offer our sympathy to the Black family during this sad time since they, too, are grieving a loss," Newbold wrote. "We want everyone to know we hold no animosity in our hearts toward Terry Black’s wife and children."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54470005-78/black-newbold-sierra-family.html.csp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Utah girl's family: Arrest 'a small measure of closure’

| The Salt Lake Tribune

For the family of Sierra Newbold, the arrest of the man police and prosecutors say walked into the Newbolds’ West Jordan home last month and kidnapped, raped and killed the child has "allowed at least a small measure of closure."

In a statement released to media Wednesday, Brad Newbold, the 6-year-old girl’s father, thanked police and offered support for the family of Terry Lee Black, who was charged Tuesday with aggravated murder.

"We offer our sympathy to the Black family during this sad time since they, too, are grieving a loss," Newbold wrote. "We want everyone to know we hold no animosity in our hearts toward Terry Black’s wife and children."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54470005-78/black-newbold-sierra-family.html.csp
Wow. God bless Mr. Newbold, when he has a right to be angry at everything right now, and he finds it within his heart to recognize that the family of the man that tortured and killed his little angel, is hurting just as badly, but in a different way. So selfless, and my heart hurts for all of them.
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaof4 Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Blacks wife and children need everyone's support. I can only imagine what it will be like for his children in the months and years to come.

nanaof4

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:23 pm

I also found that to be an incredibly remarkable statement by Mr. Newbold. I have compassion for Black's family as they face this devastation. We need more selfless people like Mr. Newbold in this crazy world we live in. I pray God's guidance will help the Black family accept and heal in a healthy manner.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Terry Lee Black - Charges - PC Affidavit

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/2500/250001/25000110.pdf
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaof4 Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:23 pm

From Fox 13 News Salt Lake City, Utah

snipped:

"WEST JORDAN, Utah – The man accused of sexually abusing and killing 6-year-old Sierra Newbold had a history of drugs and alcohol, but one man who knew him says he didn’t expect him to be suspected of committing such a crime."

Snipped:

"Eldon Thomas, Black’s former apartment manager, says he’s known Black since he rented an apartment to him and his family in 2005.

Thomas says that Black wasn’t very sociable and had a tendency to abuse alcohol.
Black’s drinking binges have put a strain on his wife and two kids, but he says Terry would always return."

Snipped:

“He’s not a very sociable guy. He’s not the type of person that comes out and mingles with everybody,” said Thomas. ”He drinks and he goes overboard when he goes on his binges, he’s gone for five or six weeks. He’s done that quite a bit since he’s been here.”

Read more at:

http://fox13now.com/2012/07/10/former-landlord-black-had-a-history-of-alcohol-abuse/

Last edited by nanaof4 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added statement)

nanaof4

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:02 am

nanaof4 wrote:From Fox 13 News Salt Lake City, Utah

snipped:

"WEST JORDAN, Utah – The man accused of sexually abusing and killing 6-year-old Sierra Newbold had a history of drugs and alcohol, but one man who knew him says he didn’t expect him to be suspected of committing such a crime."

Snipped:

"Eldon Thomas, Black’s former apartment manager, says he’s known Black since he rented an apartment to him and his family in 2005.

Thomas says that Black wasn’t very sociable and had a tendency to abuse alcohol.
Black’s drinking binges have put a strain on his wife and two kids, but he says Terry would always return."

Snipped:

“He’s not a very sociable guy. He’s not the type of person that comes out and mingles with everybody,” said Thomas. ”He drinks and he goes overboard when he goes on his binges, he’s gone for five or six weeks. He’s done that quite a bit since he’s been here.”

Read more at:

http://fox13now.com/2012/07/10/former-landlord-black-had-a-history-of-alcohol-abuse/
GAH! I didn't think it was possible to feel worse for Black's wife and kids, but I do now! What horrors he has put so many innocent people through! I can totally relate to the "absent, abusive husband" situation, but one thing my ex never did (while we were married, and that I know of, anyway) was drink. This guy doesn't sound like one of those "happy drunks," either. God only knows what things he did to his wife and children when he was drunk or angry or both. Bless his wife's heart, she must have spent so much time trying to explain to her babies where their daddy was when he wouldn't come home. How much harder it must be for her now, as her children begin to understand just what their "daddy" did. I hope so much that his children and wife weren't sexually abused at his hands. At least they're safe from him now, and can begin to heal from what he's done to them.
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:03 am

Lash wrote:Terry Lee Black - Charges - PC Affidavit

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/2500/250001/25000110.pdf

Lash, thank you for the Link to the above!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Families of both victim and suspect in Newbold murder stunned by arrest
By Pat Reavy and Sandra Yi - July 11th, 2012 @ 7:52pm

Snip - Black is now being investigated for other possible crimes. 

West Jordan Police Sgt. Drew Sanders confirmed Wednesday that his department had been contacted by other law enforcement agencies who were looking into whether Black could be linked to any of their outstanding crimes.

Black's attorney, Ariel Chino, said he wanted to speak to his client first before making a statement regarding the latest charges. An initial appearance was scheduled for Thursday afternoon on Black's robbery charge.

Black has an extensive criminal history for alcohol-related crimes along with burglary and sometimes would be away from his family for days.

On March 5, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor theft and intoxication.

On March 20, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor burglary of a vehicle in exchange for additional counts of burglary of a vehicle, criminal mischief and intoxication dismissed.

On March 26, he pleaded guilty to DUI in a case out of Kanab. And on June 4 he was found guilty of intoxication.

For awhile, Black also lived in Arizona. He and his wife reportedly moved back to Utah about eight years ago.

more @ link-

http://www.ksl.com/?=148&sid=21214182&s_cid=article-popular-1
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Soprano1 wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Utah girl's family: Arrest 'a small measure of closure’

| The Salt Lake Tribune

Wow. God bless Mr. Newbold, when he has a right to be angry at everything right now, and he finds it within his heart to recognize that the family of the man that tortured and killed his little angel, is hurting just as badly, but in a different way. So selfless, and my heart hurts for all of them.

I don't think I could be that forgiving this soon. Very Classy. My heart goes out to both families.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:45 am

Sierra Newbold murder suspect skips his court appearance

Courts » Terry Lee Black refuses to leave jail cell; another hearing set for Friday.

By aaron falk

| The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published Jul 12 2012 01:51 pm • Updated 1 hour ago

The man charged with kidnapping, raping and murdering 6-year-old Sierra Newbold late last month refused to appear in court Thursday.

Terry Lee Black, 41, refused to be transported to 3rd District Court from the Salt Lake County jail in connection with an unrelated robbery case. Judge Elizabeth-Hruby Mills did not immediately grant a prosecutor’s request for an order to bring Black to court for a Friday morning appearance. Defense attorney Ari Chino said he would try to meet with Black Thursday afternoon in hopes of convincing him to cooperate with officers.

Read more:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54477055-78/black-police-court-sierra.html.csp
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:24 am

From RC Homepage.

NancyGraceHLN To me, it’s adding insult to injury that he scoped this little girl out at the church #JusticeForSierra
4 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Sierra Newbold murder suspect makes first appearance

Court » Prosecutors have not said if they will seek death penalty.

By aaron falk

| The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published 27 minutes ago • Updated 8 minutes ago

A day after he refused to be transported from jail, the man accused of raping and murdering 6-year-old Sierra Newbold made his first court appearance Friday.

Terry Lee Black, 41, spoke seldom and softly during the short hearing in 3rd District Court. His hands were cuffed and secured close to a chain around his waist, and his belly hung below his yellow Salt Lake County jail uniform.

Read more:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54483209-78/black-police-murder-case.html.csp
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:05 pm

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865558992/Man-accused-of-killing-Sierra-Newbold-makes-first-court-appearance.html
Deseret News - Salt Lake City, UT -- 7/13/12

Man accused of killing Sierra Newbold makes first court appearance

Snipped:

Black was originally scheduled to make an initial appearance on the robbery charge Thursday but refused to be transported from the Salt Lake County Jail to the Matheson Courthouse.

Friday, Judge Elizabeth Hruby-Mills ordered Black to make an initial appearance for both cases.

Snipped:

The next court date, a scheduling hearing, is slated for July 31 at 3rd District Court in West Jordan before Judge Mark S. Kouris.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12 - Page 2 Empty Family Of Rosie Tapia Suspects Link To Sierra Newbold's Death

Post by Lash Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Family of girl murdered 17 years ago suspects link to Sierra Newbold's death - Published: 7/11 | Updated: 7/16 | reported by - Jonelle Merrill

SALT LAKE, Utah (ABC 4 News) – Just days after an arrest was made in the Sierra Newbold murder case, another family is wondering if the man accused could be linked to their own daughter's murder 17 years ago.

Rosie Tapia was found murdered in 1995. Her manner of death and the details surrounding her abduction are eerily similar to Sierra Newbold's.

Both girls were taken from their homes, sexually assaulted, and drowned in a Jordan canal.

Rosie's mother, Lewine Tapia believes the arrest of Terry Black might be a break in her daughter’s unsolved murder case.

“The guy does look kind of familiar,” Tapia said. “The name just pops up in my head too.”

More @ link- http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Family-of-girl-murdered-17-years-ago-suspects/siyHePkTj0KcBSfNFZ-tew.cspx
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Fundraiser to be held to benefit Sierra Newbold’s family

By Jessica Miller
The Salt Lake Tribune
July 26, 2012

A fundraiser will be held Saturday for the family of Sierra Newbold, the 6-year-old West Jordan girl who was kidnapped, raped and murdered on June 26.

The event will be held at Carvers Steak and Seafood, 10720 Holiday Park Drive in Sandy, on Saturday, and will feature a yard sale, bake sale, silent auction, live music and a bounce house. It will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with all proceeds being donated to the Newbold family.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54569898-78/family-girl-held-newbold.html.csp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:52 pm

Evidence in Sierra Newbold murder won't be heard until October

By Emiley Morgan
July 31st, 2012 @ 4:04pm

WEST JORDAN — The man accused of raping and killing a 6-year-old girl from his West Jordan neighborhood was back in court Tuesday.

Terry Lee Black, 41, appeared in 3rd District Court on all of his recent charges, including aggravated murder, child kidnapping and rape, all first-degree felonies, stemming from the death of Sierra Newbold, and the second- degree felony charges of robbery and receiving or transferring a stolen vehicle that led to his arrest.

Black, was only in court briefly — long enough for another date to be set for Oct. 9.

Read more: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=21501762
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Witness saw suspect near where Newbold’s body found

By Janelle Stecklein And Jessica Miller
First Published Jul 31 2012 06:39 pm • Updated 1 hour ago

About three hours after Sierra Newbold disappeared from her West Jordan home, a neighbor spotted a man hovering just yards away from what police would later determine was the 6-year-old girl’s watery grave.

The man, the witness recalled, was acting oddly at 5:30 a.m. that June 26 day. He was hunched over at the waist, holding his hands out in front of him and rocking back and forth about 60 yards from where Sierra Newbold’s pink pajama bottoms and white underwear were later found in a freshly burned field.

The homeowner told investigators that as he watched from his kitchen window, the man, who was dressed in a baggy shirt and long shorts, walked toward an abandoned truck, but eventually picked up a dark colored bicycle and began riding east on the roadway, across the canal where Sierra’s body was later found.

More @ link - http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/54597960-78/black-sierra-police-warrants.html.csp

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:53 pm

This is the first I have heard that the sliding door had not been locked. The only person to blame here is this scum. There is no such thing as being too safe these days.

Snip- Just hours before the grisly discovery — about 2:05 a.m. on June 26 — video surveillance at the Newbold home had captured a man dressed in a white T-shirt entering the home, near 2300 West 7000 South. The man entered through a sliding glass door that Sierra’s mother would later discover had not been locked, the warrants show.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/54597960-78/black-sierra-police-warrants.html.csp
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:39 pm

New abuse charges filed against Sierra Newbold murder suspect

Crime » Terry Lee Black is alleged to have fondled pre-teen.

By nate carlisle

| The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published 1 minute ago • Updated 1 minute ago

Prosecutors on Friday filed new charges against the man accused of kidnapping and murdering 6-year-old Sierra Newbold, saying he abused another girl a few years ago.

Terry Lee Black was charged with two more counts of sexual abuse of a child and two more counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child. Documents filed with the new charges claim the abuse happened sometime between 2007 and 2009.

A girl who would have been 11 or 12 years old at the time attended a sleepover with members of Black’s family. Black, according to court documents, entered the bedroom where the girl was sleeping and touched her breasts, put his hands down her underwear and forced her hands to touch his genitals.

Read more:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54716585-78/black-sierra-girl-documents.html.csp
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:53 am

Sierra Newbold's accused killer charged with another sexual assault

By Jeff Finley

(see video)

SALT LAKE CITY — The man accused of raping and killing 6-year-old Sierra Newbold in West Jordan now faces sexual assault charges of another girl, who was friends with one of his children.

Terry Lee Black, 41, is now charged with abusing an 11- or 12-year-old friend of his daughter when she slept overnight at his apartment.

Police learned about the alleged abuse after Black was arrested in June and charged with murdering Sierra Newbold.

Read more:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=21749131
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Man accused of killing Sierra Newbold appears in court on new sex abuse charges

By Emiley Morgan, Deseret News

Published: Wednesday, Aug. 22 2012 5:29 p.m. MDT

SALT LAKE CITY — A man accused of assaulting and murdering a 6-year-old West Jordan girl appeared in court Wednesday on new sex abuse charges involving another neighbor girl.

Terry Lee Black, 41, who is already facing charges of aggravated murder and child kidnapping in the death of Sierra Newbold, was advised of the new charges — two counts aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, and two counts sex abuse of a child, a second-degree felony — he is now facing in a separate case.

Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865561075/Man-accused-of-killing-Sierra-Newbold-appears-in-court-on-new-sex-abuse-charges.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:23 pm

Justice4all wrote:Man accused of killing Sierra Newbold appears in court on new sex abuse charges

By Emiley Morgan, Deseret News

Published: Wednesday, Aug. 22 2012 5:29 p.m. MDT

SALT LAKE CITY — A man accused of assaulting and murdering a 6-year-old West Jordan girl appeared in court Wednesday on new sex abuse charges involving another neighbor girl.

Terry Lee Black, 41, who is already facing charges of aggravated murder and child kidnapping in the death of Sierra Newbold, was advised of the new charges — two counts aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony, and two counts sex abuse of a child, a second-degree felony — he is now facing in a separate case.

Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865561075/Man-accused-of-killing-Sierra-Newbold-appears-in-court-on-new-sex-abuse-charges.html

bbm

Thanks J4A. I was trying to figure out why it was two counts. The article states this:

"The following summer, Black called the same girl and told her his daughter needed her help, the charges state. When the girl arrived at Black's apartment, his daughter wasn't there. Police say Black closed the door and sexually abused the girl again."

This poor girl! He did it to her twice! What a sick, nasty pervert! I hope he gets the DP in Sierra's case! Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12 - Page 2 86558
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Remembering Sierra

November 2, 2012 - 1:20 PM

Utah Dance Artists will be participating in this year’s Festival of Trees for and in behalf of Sierra Lynn Newbold.

Sierra Newbold was a part of the Utah Dance Artists family for two years before her life was taken much too soon. She was a victim of a senseless crime this past summer.

Sierra was outgoing and made friends everywhere she went. She had the amazing ability to make everyone happy with her big brown eyes and beautiful smile. Sierra was eager to grow up, drive, and get her "very own" cell phone. She loved to dance, hike, play soccer and draw. Sierra loved life and lived it to the fullest!

Read more:
http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4/gtu/story/Remembering-Sierra/N4kpwGr1Fk6ocWPNJi67ig.cspx
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Remembering Sierra Newbold on 7th birthday

Posted on: 6:49 pm, November 8, 2012, by Brittany Green-Miner, updated on: 08:47pm, November 8, 2012

(see video)

SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – Community members gathered in South Jordan on Thursday to remember Sierra Newbold on what would have been her 7th birthday.

Sierra Newbold was found dead in a West Jordan canal in late June. Police say she was allegedly kidnapped, assaulted and killed by Terry Lee Black.

Community members gathered outside the Utah Dance Artists studio where Sierra took dance lessons as a tribute on what would have been her 7th birthday. They sang Happy Birthday and released balloons. Friends of the Newbold family say events like this can help everyone begin to heal.

Read more:
http://fox13now.com/2012/11/08/community-remembers-sierra-newbold-on-7th-birthday/

Sierra Newbold -- Found Deceased 6/26/12 - Page 2 643974
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri May 24, 2013 1:02 am

Preliminary hearing set for Utah man accused of killing girl, 6

Courts » Prosecutors will lay out evidence against Terry Lee Black in three cases.

By Marissa Lang | The Salt Lake Tribune
May 23, 2013 | Updated 30 minutes ago

More than a year after the body of 6-year-old Sierra Newbold was found in a West Jordan canal, prosecutors will present evidence in court against the man accused of raping and killing the little girl.

Terry Lee Black, 41, was ordered to appear in 3rd District Court for a preliminary hearing on July 29. Prosecutors anticipate at least three full days of testimony from witnesses and experts that will include DNA and crime scene analysis.

Black is charged with aggravated murder, child kidnapping and rape of a child in the Sierra Newbold case. He is also charged with molesting another girl several years before, and robbing a bank. The hearing will cover all of these charges.

Read more:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56356049-78/black-girl-sierra-court.html.csp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:32 am

Suspect in girl’s slaying won’t get a new judge

" .. Last August, Black was charged with molesting a girl several years ago.

The girl, who would have been 11 or 12 at the time, attended a sleepover with members of Black’s family sometime between 2007 and 2009.

Black, according to court documents, entered the bedroom where the girl was sleeping and touched her breasts, put his hands down her underwear and forced her hands to touch his genitals. The next summer, court documents say, Black lured the same girl to his apartment and again put his hands down her pants.

Black has sent letters to The Tribune from jail in which he has maintained his innocence. He said police were looking for someone to pin Sierra Newbold’s murder on, and he was an easy target who got caught up in the police’s investigation....."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56926389-78/black-attorneys-judge-hearing.html.csp

His DNA was found on Sierra...nothing to do with his past molestings...
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Case against man accused in girl's death to go forward

By The Associated Press
July 20th, 2015 @ 4:02pm

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Utah Supreme Court has cleared the way for the trial of a Utah man accused of raping and killing a 6-year-old girl.

...Black could face the death penalty if convicted.

Read more:  http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=35587244
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:44 pm

Utah Supreme Court ruling allows case to resume against man accused of killing Sierra Newbold

By JESSICA MILLER | The Salt Lake Tribune connect
First Published Jul 20 2015 12:36PM    •    Last Updated Jul 20 2015 10:54 pm

With a ruling from the Utah Supreme Court, the criminal case against a man accused of kidnapping, raping and killing a 6-year-old West Jordan girl in 2012 can resume.

Terry Lee Black's case has been at a standstill in district court for nearly a year and a half as attorneys argued before the Utah Supreme Court over issues concerning the judge who was hearing the case.

...Black's case has been sent back to the district court for further proceedings, but no court dates had been set as of Monday.

Read more:  http://www.sltrib.com/home/2749349-155/utah-supreme-court-ruling-allows-case?fullpage=1
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:52 am

Francisco Kjolseth/File
Utah man accused in 6-year-old girl's death not competent for trial
By McKenzie Romero | Posted Dec 1st, 2015 @ 6:29pm

"...WEST JORDAN — The man accused of raping and killing 6-year-old Sierra Newbold remains incompetent to stand trial more than three years later, court-appointed psychologists have found.

"It appears the situation has gotten worse," 3rd District Judge Douglas Hogan said about Terry Lee Black's mental status and ability to participate in his own defense.

According to court filings, Black was diagnosed in the mental evaluation with borderline intellectual functioning, as well as learning disorder, cognitive disorder and psychotic disorder. No specific details about those disorders were provided...."

"....With the results of the competency evaluation, all three cases against Black are effectively "on hold," Hogan said.

Black will be treated at the Utah State Hospital in hopes of restoring his competency before the courts will again evaluate whether the case can proceed. The process could take a year, to the dismay of Sierra's family, who has already endured "this horrible event," prosecutor Robert Stott said...."

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=157&sid=37579018&title=utah-man-accused-in-girls-death-due-in-court
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2