Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salmonella in cantaloupes sickens 141, kills 2

2 posters

Go down

Salmonella in cantaloupes sickens 141, kills 2 Empty Salmonella in cantaloupes sickens 141, kills 2

Post by Julie Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Salmonella in cantaloupes sickens 141, kills 2

By JoNel Aleccia, NBC News

Federal and state health officials are warning consumers not to eat cantaloupe grown in southwestern Indiana after an outbreak of salmonella food poisoning that has led to 141 illnesses and two deaths in 20 states.

At least 31 people have been hospitalized in connection with infections caused by salmonella Typhimurium tied to contaminated melons, the Centers for Disease Control reported late Friday. Illnesses have been reported from July 7 to Aug. 4, although those that occurred after July 26 may not be included yet.

Read more:
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/18/13353138-salmonella-in-cantaloupes-sickens-141-kills-2?lite
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Salmonella in cantaloupes sickens 141, kills 2 Empty Re: Salmonella in cantaloupes sickens 141, kills 2

Post by Freckles Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Julie wrote:Salmonella in cantaloupes sickens 141, kills 2

By JoNel Aleccia, NBC News

Federal and state health officials are warning consumers not to eat cantaloupe grown in southwestern Indiana after an outbreak of salmonella food poisoning that has led to 141 illnesses and two deaths in 20 states.

At least 31 people have been hospitalized in connection with infections caused by salmonella Typhimurium tied to contaminated melons, the Centers for Disease Control reported late Friday. Illnesses have been reported from July 7 to Aug. 4, although those that occurred after July 26 may not be included yet.

Read more:
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/18/13353138-salmonella-in-cantaloupes-sickens-141-kills-2?lite

When I was a teen, I was hospitalized with this. It is nasty. Your BP drops so low you can't even sleep with a pillow under your head! Splitting headache with massive diarrhea.

Always wash your fruit and vegetables. Clean your knife after every cut though the food. Make sure your cutting boards are washed with bleach, vinegar, or alcohol especially after using it for meat.Best to have two different cutting boards for best sanitation.

I find this interesting. The melons here were priced high until lately. Wonder what the stores knew we the consumer did not know.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down