Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't forget to VOTE TODAY!!!

3 posters

Go down

Don't forget to VOTE TODAY!!! Empty Don't forget to VOTE TODAY!!!

Post by KZ Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:33 am

In case it escaped anyone's attention, it's Election Day! I don't care what party you lean toward-- just get out there and do your civic duty and VOTE!

Consider taking a neighbor or friend with you, especially if they have limited mobility or limited transportation options.

My 11 year old begged to go with me to the polls to see how the whole process works. How cool is that?!

VOTE, everyone!!

Please feel free to share any stories about voting here today-- just asking that you keep politics out of it. Focus on the citizenship aspects! Very Happy
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Don't forget to VOTE TODAY!!! Empty Re: Don't forget to VOTE TODAY!!!

Post by Nene_Please Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 am

I voted at 7:09 am central time zone. I always vote cause if everyone felt their vote did not count then we would not have any leadership in this country. Even if the person I vote for does not win I am hoping that the next time people will wake up and realize the only way to fix it is to vote so I am hoping that this election is the next time and everyone woke up and did their part. Part of being an american is the right to free speech and the right to vote so be an american and do it for yourself and for your family and friends. We all count and make sure your vote does too.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:56 am

Voted at 7:15 AM.
Third in line when polls opened.
When I left, there were over a 1-2 hundred lined up to vote.All had arrived shortly after 7:30 while I was voting.
Parking lot was jammed and streets were packed.

This is only one of many polling places.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Freckles wrote:Voted at 7:15 AM.
Third in line when polls opened.
When I left, there were over a 1-2 hundred lined up to vote.All had arrived shortly after 7:30 while I was voting.
Parking lot was jammed and streets were packed.

This is only one of many polling places.

I live 5 miles south of town so it is considered rural. I vote at a church and it showed on the ballot counter as I slide my ballot in that I was number 9. When I use to have to go to a school in town it was always crowded but now my county has alot more lines which Texas has been fighting over and we even got our voting cards sometime this summer if my memory is correct and not last December like we should have had. Texas is always fighting over their re-districting and always will because of the minorties always being cut really bad here. It is a sad situation when fighting over where you vote leads to you voting for someone you never heard of because the person you were going to vote for ended up moving into a different district. Just draw some lines and get it over with. Good old Texas politics.

Last edited by Nene_Please on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sleepy and my wording is geting crazy)
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down