Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #3

+20
Diana1228
lostyou
Trueblue
justanopinion
Plaidchick
Ann - Tx
tesstruhart
Alessandra_Deux
Freckles
hello clarice
Moosiesmama
18thcenturylady
olivier57
carlakay
Weeziethm
Bat Woman
Mari 68
Calypso
CuriousPortlander
Bmore
24 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #3 - Page 6 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #3

Post by carlakay Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm

oh Olivier I dont think we are feeling sorry for her at all. I am just afraid one of those on the jury may and she will get away with this horrific murder that I do believe was premeditated.
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #3 - Page 6 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #3

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm

How long has JM been a prosecutor?
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaidchick Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Yep he needs to back off or it's going to come baxk and haunt him

Plaidchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Her finger looks fine as she is reading the text messages!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 pm

carlakay wrote:oh Olivier I dont think we are feeling sorry for her at all. I am just afraid one of those on the jury may and she will get away with this horrific murder that I do believe was premeditated.

So, members of the jury will have to think in the same way that I'm trying to... In my idea, Mr Martinez has enough to proove the lies, it's not necessary to act like a pitbull which is not a particularly friendly animal. But I'm not a pro, wait and see....

olivier57

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 pm

I hope he has enough Olivier..I have no faith in juries anymore tho since lil Caylee
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Carlakay, I must agree.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:39 pm

I gotta say this..so many keep referring to this prosecutor as a pitt bull but I aint seeing that at all I feel like I been watching a jack russell on cocaine..lol

I am the proud owner of an 11 yr old JR,by the way
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:40 pm

I cant stand her smug attitude, constantly blaming others and not accepting responsibility for her actions. SIGH!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:41 pm

she keeps looking at JM like come at me bro...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:47 pm

and is playing to the jury
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Nurmi appears to be HAPPY AND SMIRKING in the background....
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Mood : Indifferent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Bmore wrote:she keeps looking at JM like come at me bro...

..still trying to figure out defense strategy.
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Migraines now~
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:58 pm

4 min nap~ okay!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Why doesnt the judge tell her yes or no answers? Every answer she gives has to have a long drawn out explanation, it really gets old.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Well, in fact it's a very simple story, TA found a woman that many men dream of for sex but would'nt marry, JA was too proud of herself to accept that and got mad when she realized that she was going to be thrown away like garbage. Sad end of story.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Calypso wrote:Why doesnt the judge tell her yes or no answers? Every answer she gives has to have a long drawn out explanation, it really gets old.

But I think it is demonstrating how evasive she is...arguing each tiny word....proving she is not forthcoming about anything. Not even a simple answer. The truth is simple....lying is complicated!

It's just more for the jury to ponder.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueblue Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:26 pm

She is being very cautious with her answers because she knows she has lied and JM knows it, so will never give a straight answer but "I dont remember"
Trueblue
Trueblue

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm going to miss this last segment....can someone, pretty please, post a link later???

Thanks in advance !

Go Juan. Bless Travis and his Family!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueblue Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:28 pm

I think she is very combative and smug, but that will be her downfall.
Trueblue
Trueblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:38 pm

Trueblue wrote:I think she is very combative and smug, but that will be her downfall.

I hope so Trueblue, I hope so!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 pm

I should not commit any crime, I barely remember my two days ago calls ... Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #3 - Page 6 542432

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Trueblue wrote:I think she is very combative and smug, but that will be her downfall.
I still maintain Nurmi has a strategy for allowing her attitude. He sits in the background enjoying the subterfuge he's created. IMO.
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:41 pm

They are going to blame all of this on PTSD.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:58 pm

I know this sounds silly, but~ does anyone know either a radio link or live stream link that would work on the Wii?

Flash player on the Wii doesn't support HLN.

(The fam wants to use the computer!)

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:24 pm

JM: At any time did you raise your voice at Bianca?

JA: Definitely, not. I was in her home.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Hee hee.

They are discussing when the relationship with ex Matt McCartney ended, JA confronted the new girlfriend, Bianca.

He is showing these "cant let go" tendancies in former relationships.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Tampering with witnesses.....
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 pm

memory failure.....can't have it both ways...remembers details of everything else
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Court is over until Monday.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Calypso wrote:Tampering with witnesses.....

The fam can have the computer back =)
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:14 pm

I was worried at beginning of after lunch break but gotta say it looks promising and she looks pissed.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 pm

TRIAL RECAP

Showdown on the stand: Arias vs. Martinez

By Graham Winch
updated 6:54 PM EST, Thu February 21, 2013

•Prosecutor Juan Martinez grapples with Arias’ memory of the night Alexander died
•Jodi Arias is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander; she claims self-defense
•Watch the trial live on truTV's In Session and HLN

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/21/jodi-arias-testifies-day-9-live-blog
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Jodi Arias Grilled Over Pedophilia Charge, Tootsie Pop Fantasy

(VIDEO)

By COLLEEN CURRY
Feb. 21, 2013

Accused murderer Jodi Arias was challenged today by phone records, text message records, and her own diary entries that appeared to contradict her claim that she caught her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, looking at pictures of naked boys.

Arias had said during her testimony that one afternoon in January 2008, she walked in on Alexander masturbating to pictures of naked boys. She said she fled from the home, threw up, drove around aimlessly, and ignored numerous phone calls from Alexander because she was so upset at what she had seen.

The claim was central to the defense's accusation that Alexander was a "sexual deviant" who grew angry and abusive toward Arias in the months after the incident, culminating in a violent confrontation in June that left Alexander dead.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-prosecutor-grills-alleged-lies-jealosy/story?id=18558449
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:43 pm

February 21, 2013

Jodi Arias Trial - Photos of Evidence - Day One of Cross Examination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU-4Gu3qqq4&feature=player_embedded
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Jodi Arias trial: Analyst says accused Valley murderer stood her ground against prosecutor

Posted: 6:00 PM
By: Corey Rangel

PHOENIX - Jurors in the Jodi Arias trial witnessed a showdown in the courtroom Thursday as the lead prosecutor began grilling Arias to try and prove she planned to kill her ex-boyfriend.

Juan Martinez is known for being an aggressive, no-holds-barred lawyer for the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office.

But legal experts said Arias held her ground Thursday.

“I would never want to imagine being in that seat right now but for what she's up against - she's doing well,” said attorney Brent Kleinman .

At one point, Arias even turned the tables on Martinez.

“What factors influence your having a memory problem,” asked Martinez.

“Usually when men like you are screaming at me or grilling me or someone like Travis [Alexander] doing the same,” quipped Arias.

Read more:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/Jodi-Arias-trial-Analyst-says-accused-Valley-murderer-stood-her-ground-against-prosecutor
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Head shot:
In the pic, the right side of Travis' head is toward the shower door.

According to ME, the bullet enter from the left side and sent to the lower right side embedding in the cheek area.

For JS to shoot Travis in the left side of his head, he would have to be facing the opposite direction as he was when found in decomp position.

Gun shot to the head did not take place in the last alive pic of Travis in shower. He is facing wrong direction.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:00 pm

February 21, 2013

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 21 - Part 1 (cross examination)

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 21 - Part 2

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 21 - Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y9xLnoNfyRI

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:05 pm

carlakay wrote:ok whatever she has written in this journal regarding the day of Lonnie's babtism must be a doozy cuz she sure was pulling out everything she gots to keep from admitting it was written on same date.

I recall her testifying about something happening on this day and claiming she ditched attending the babtism but dunno what it was.

also anyone got a clue wth lonnie is?
IIRC, wasn't this the Jan day she purportedly found TA jacking off to little boy (clothed) pics? JM is working on the time line of where she was to establish she could not have seen/been with TA that day. JMO
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:22 pm

There were several areas Martinez went to today to show the jury the liar, the conniver JA really is:

1. She skipped a baptism of Lonnie so she could have "fantasy" sex with TA;

2. She lied about borrowing a car/switching cars with TA;
this was supposedly the day she had caught TA jacking off to pics of a little boy;said she had run from TA's home and he had repeatedly called/texted her; showed this was not possible due to comments, times of exchanges, etc. Further, she crossed herself in statements she made to Travis on texts that day;

3. Ann Campbell: Former cellmate at the jail with JA.
JA attempted to pass two magazines to her that had coded messages inside. Guards intercepted and gave to prosecutor's offices. Messages were meant for a prose witness, Matt McMacarty (sp). Hearing was in 4 days for her and she wanted Matt to contact HER ATTY so they could get stories straight before he testified at the hearing; JA was VERY upset; JA said she had worked for over a year on her story and he had just contradicted her.

Now you know why Matt will NOT be called as a credible witness FOR JA, IMO. Have to wonder if she tried the same with Gus Searcy.

Anyway, the two magazines had penciled in codes inside.
Her handwritten words are VERY damning, IMO.

Juan Martinez is powerful atty. He anticipates what the defense "sees" and he approaches in fresh ways so JA is kept off guard. He baits the trap and while everyone is looking at the bait, walking toward the trap, they do NOT see the landmines he has placed all around the trap!

I enjoy watching him work. He is excellent!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Freckles, I have recorded the trial on TV (InSession - TruTV and HLN).

I only watched part of it "live" today and will fast forward through the rest of it later tonight or perhaps this week-end. I really do like Juan Martinez. He is powerful and knows what he is doing.

He will let the jury see for themselves (per evidence and JA's testimony) the liar that JA is. He is my kind of attorney.

As expected, JA tried to get in left field when asked a question and Martinez would not let her! lol He just reiterated the question.

I laughed, when at one point, Martinez told JA he did not care about blah, blah, blah and reiterated the question.

JA really thought she would be able to "control" JM's questioning. She was in for a rude awakening today and it will only get better for the State! lol I guess it never occurred to JA that cell phone records don't lie . . . like she does!

I do believe JA will be mince meat by the time Martinez finishes with her!

~ ~ ~ Justice for Travis Alexander! ~ ~ ~ afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Oh Freckles and Ann I loved reading your posts. I couldn't really watch this today as I had a previous appointment. I checked in very sporadically and what I saw was an atty that was close to being unhinged. I am so glad you thought it was a good day. I was afraid that she had gotten the best of him.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Jodi Arias gets grilled on cross exam

By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 7:46 PM EST, Thu February 21, 2013

•Jodi Arias claims she killed her ex-boyfriend in self-defense
•Prosecutor Juan Martinez & Arias go head to head in court
•"When I’m under stress, my memory fails," Arias said

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/21/jodi-arias-gets-grilled-cross-exam
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Look: Jodi Arias poses for camera in modeling pics

By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 8:11 PM EST, Thu February 21, 2013

•Jodi Arias claims she killed her ex-boyfriend in self-defense
•Paul O'Keefe hired Jodi Arias to model for his clothing line
•Arias discussed her "rocky relationship," didn't say with who

Nancy Grace speaks to Paul O'Keefe, the man who hired Jodi Arias to model for his clothing line.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/21/man-who-hired-jodi-arias-model-clothing-line-speaks
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:43 pm

I thought Martinez offered a good wake up call to the court.

JA has been almost coddled on the stand by Nurmi.

They let her get away with LONG winded answers. Every time Martinez asked her a question, many times, she'd start with an explanation when a yes or no would suffice.

JA would try to get the last word in- which I personally thought this showed she was enjoying the "cat and mouse" game rather than getting the gravity of her position.

She appears to be the type who has to have the last word.

I think this arrogance will be her undoing.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Very informative article on today's court proceedings:

Jodi Arias Trial: Murder Defendant's Memory Fades Under Cross-Examination

Posted: 02/21/2013 9:09 pm EST | Updated: 02/21/2013 9:14 pm EST

David Lohr

Accused murderer Jodi Arias, on the witness stand for a ninth day, faced her prosecutor's questions for the first time Thursday, with prosecutor Juan Martinez attacking her credibility during six hours of cross-examination.

Arias, during eight days of questioning by her own lawyers, told jurors intimate details of her sex life with ex-lover Travis Alexander, including catching him masturbating to pictures of boys. But Martinez, finally beginning his cross-examination, often drew blanks.

"You had a lot of memory for a lot of events involving sexual instances with Mr. Alexander, but you seem to be having problems with your memory here today," Martinez said, trying to cast Arias as a liar.

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/jodi-arias-trial-cross-examination_n_2737068.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 pm

4:58 PM – 02/21/2013

Magazines

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #3 - Page 6 S-MAGAZINES-large300

4:55 PM – 02/21/2013

Magazines

Martinez is showing the jury two magazines that belonged to Arias in jail. Martinez said on Aug. 4, 2001 Arias met with a woman named Ann Campbell behind bars and asked a guard to give Campbell the magazines. Arias confirmed this. The defense team is now looking over the magazines.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/jodi-arias-trial-cross-examination_n_2737068.html#81_magazine-content

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #3 - Page 6 Abc_arias_friends_mi_130220_wg

PHOTO: Ann Campbell and Donovan Bering, friends of Jodi Arias, told ABC News that Jodi Arias thinks she should be in prison, but not get the death penalty.

Ann Campbell and Donovan Bering, friends of Jodi Arias, told ABC News that Jodi Arias thinks she should be in prison, but not get the death penalty.
ABC News

Feb 20, 2013 02:53 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/meta/search/imageDetail?format=plain&source=http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/abc_arias_friends_mi_130220
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueblue Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:24 am

I believe the jury will see through Jody Arias and her avoidance to answer the questions, she thinks she is smarter that Martinez, but she is in for a surprise soon.
She lies so easily because she has had a lot of practice.
I would love to wipe that smirk off her face.
Trueblue
Trueblue

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:16 am

I finally got to see the cross late yesterday. I do not for one second agree with those who say that Juan Martinez is too aggressive, or that Jodi had 'the upper hand' or 'held her own'. Juan has a longtime reputation as one of the finest prosecutors in Arizona. Do you think that he hasn't been up against manipulators of Jodi's ilk, and worse, as well as others far more clever and intelligent than she is? He is NOT 'losing it'. Just wait. This prosecutor knows EXACTLY what he is doing, and everything he says and the way he says it is necessary, and part of a very carefully orchestrated plan.
Not only has Jodi already impeached herself in just the beginning hours of a long cross, but she has come across as aggressive, argumentative, snotty, disrespectful, and cocky. Her smirking and laughing were NOT lost on the jury or anyone else, except perhaps the defense attorney pundits who play devil's advocate, and always see the DEFENSE as 'winning'.
Jodi smiled and smirked several times, which will end up being part of the 'kiss of death'.
NO WAY is Mr. Martinez losing patience with this defendant. He expected exactly the reactions he is getting, and as far as I (and many others) are concerned, he is demonstrating supreme skill, and is bit by bit chipping away at every one of Jodi's lies.
To paraphrase Jodi, mark my words; Juan will methodically and with all appropriate force expose Jodi's web of despicable lies and leave no doubt in anyone's mind that she is a seriously disturbed woman and a vicious and premeditated killer.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next