Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY

+8
Mylife101
Calypso
sitemama
IamChattyCathy
tesstruhart
Pianist
Weeziethm
auman58
12 posters

Go down

ARE YOU FOR OR AGAINST THE DEATH PENALTY?

JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY Vote_lcap94%JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY Vote_rcap 94% 
[ 17 ]
JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY Vote_lcap6%JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY Empty JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY

Post by Calypso Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:02 am

POLL WILL RUN FOR 3 DAYS.

ARE YOU FOR OR AGAINST THE DEATH PENALTY?

Explain WHY or WHY NOT~
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY Empty Re: JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:10 am

Yes.
IMO, the harshest punishment needs to be sent to the "player" (liar) who has challenged out legal system; she is morally corrupt and believes she is unstoppable. Tired of her gaming. She has NO feelings for what she has done to Travis, the community, even her own family. And she will never have feelings for anyone but herself. Like an animal that has learned to kill, she will do it again if given the opportunity. Heaven help us if she had a child or if her niece was left in her care.

It is time for her to step aside and let someone else take her slot; she is not worthy of the air she is breathing.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:12 am

No. LWOP IS a death sentence, just a slow one. Let her chew on what she's done for the next 50 years without all hope of freedom. In my view, for what it's worth, killing her would be letting her off the hook, you are freeing her.
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:33 am

Yes. I feel she is a narcissistic psychopath who epitomizes evil. An empty shell masquerading as a victim. LWOP will still give her the chance to live a charmed life; as "mother" to all her dominion inmates...she will have won because she would get to keep Travis as "hers" all the days of her life. She took a life in a savage intentional way with no remorse. I vote death penalty.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:20 pm

I believe the death penalty serves a valid purpose in our criminal justice system. It should be reserved for the worst of the worst and I do believe Jodi Arias fits in this category. If she were a man this trial would be over and she would be on death row. I agree with other posters that LWOP would afford JA far more luxuries (such as the access to her "prison family and friends") than she deserves. Unfortunately, the only way to truly punish this woman is to take away her ability to socialize and "be somebody" and her ability to engage in her manipulative games. DP serves this punishment purpose.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:55 pm

For many years I was against the DP until a man by the name of Stanley Hoss entered the news. He killed a policeman, kidnapped and raped women, and then he kidnapped a woman and her 2 yr old daughter. He killed the mother and kept the girl for several days and then killed her. One of my girls was the same age. I changed my mind right then. He went to prison and the suspicion is that some inmates killed him and made it look like suicide. I was relieved that he could not hurt anyone else.

Jodi is the same type in my opinion. In our system she would spend about 20 years on death row. Alone looking towards death. Then and only then she would die. But her life up until then would be pure torture for her. IMO those years and then death is what she deserves.
Pianist
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:54 pm

I have gone back and forth with this question. I think that there is a place for the death penalty. I was called for jury duty for a death penalty case. I did not serve on the jury, but went thru the voir dire process. It was a pretty heavy burden to realize that your opinion will let someone else live or die. In Jodi's case, I want her to get the death penalty. Although it will be many years before she actually has to face that day, I agree with Pianist that it will be the biggest form of torture for her. She will be in a cell by herself. Her time for 'recreation' will be in a little outdoor section by herself. Her only human contact will be medical when its needed. The guards will be polite, but she will be nothing special to them. Her conversations will not be personal, she will be able to yell to another inmate in the cell down the way or talk into her toilet drain to be quieter. Sometimes the inmates develop a way to pass notes with dental floss and bits of paper.
What a life for someone who thinks that she is amazing. That will be a just punishment for her. Never to be a 'normal' person again. No husband, children, birthday parties, Christmas celebration, New Years etc. Just day in and day out being a nobody.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:10 pm

tesstruhart wrote:I have gone back and forth with this question. I think that there is a place for the death penalty. I was called for jury duty for a death penalty case. I did not serve on the jury, but went thru the voir dire process. It was a pretty heavy burden to realize that your opinion will let someone else live or die. In Jodi's case, I want her to get the death penalty. Although it will be many years before she actually has to face that day, I agree with Pianist that it will be the biggest form of torture for her. She will be in a cell by herself. Her time for 'recreation' will be in a little outdoor section by herself. Her only human contact will be medical when its needed. The guards will be polite, but she will be nothing special to them. Her conversations will not be personal, she will be able to yell to another inmate in the cell down the way or talk into her toilet drain to be quieter. Sometimes the inmates develop a way to pass notes with dental floss and bits of paper.
What a life for someone who thinks that she is amazing. That will be a just punishment for her. Never to be a 'normal' person again. No husband, children, birthday parties, Christmas celebration, New Years etc. Just day in and day out being a nobody.

Yes, Tess. Well said. It is not so much the actual "death" that I find appropriate for JA, it is the daily living conditions that come with the DP that I find entirely appropriate. If LWOP was subject to the same isolated conditions as the DP then I would prefer LWOP for JA because that is the ultimate hell on earth for her and she would have to endure isolation for the rest of her natural life. It has statistically been proven that it is cheaper to keep someone incarcerated for natural life than to pay for all the DP appeals and associated costs with putting someone to death.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY Empty DP or Not?

Post by IamChattyCathy Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:02 am

Hi all, I have never been for the DP as I've always thought a long life in prison was worse than laying down and going to sleep, This is the one case that changed my mind drastically, I agree she deserves LWOP period, no and's, buts or parole for the "murder" of Travis BUT
I also think She deserves the DP for what she's done to Travis and anyone who loved and cared for him "since she murdered him" and for the premeditation in which she had all that time to change her mind but did not care, She is nothing more than a jealous stalker and IMHO not only jealous of women but anyone who shared time with Travis...I also believe it is the only reason she never got pregnant to trap him, She didn't want him to spend time with family either and would've been jealous of her own child, Thank God it never happened! Cell Cell
IamChattyCathy
IamChattyCathy

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:15 am

IamChattyCathy wrote:Hi all, I have never been for the DP as I've always thought a long life in prison was worse than laying down and going to sleep, This is the one case that changed my mind drastically, I agree she deserves LWOP period, no and's, buts or parole for the "murder" of Travis BUT
I also think She deserves the DP for what she's done to Travis and anyone who loved and cared for him "since she murdered him" and for the premeditation in which she had all that time to change her mind but did not care, She is nothing more than a jealous stalker and IMHO not only jealous of women but anyone who shared time with Travis...I also believe it is the only reason she never got pregnant to trap him, She didn't want him to spend time with family either and would've been jealous of her own child, Thank God it never happened! Cell Cell

Welcome, JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY 864739 ChattyCathy.

I agree with you! She had so many opportunities to change her mind...sooo, sooo many opportunities. Yet, Jodi chose to do the unthinkable. Although I am utterly disgusted with her savage crime, I am equally outraged by the brutal character assasination of Travis which she uses as justification for her trial defense. Apparently, there is no end to how far Jodi will go. That witch would probably still be there stabbing him if he hadn't gone and died on her!

The main discussion thread moves pretty fast on trial days. Make sure to stop by the discussion thread and say hello to everyone. JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY 901969

Anyway, again..WELCOME!!!

Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by IamChattyCathy Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am

Thank You! I am so let down that nothing but a liars word has tried and been allowed to mar his memory and I'm disgusted it's been labeled as Domestic Violence...Due to the fact that my Husband was brutally murdered due to DV (a relationship our daughter was in) and I am appalled by the 2 disgraceful experts and especially LaViolette who has let another "VICTIM" down while hiding the truth and burying the victim yet again!
The only difference is My Husband was taken due to DV, Travis was NOT!
Thank You for the Invitation also...
IamChattyCathy
IamChattyCathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:20 am

IamChattyCathy wrote:Thank You! I am so let down that nothing but a liars word has tried and been allowed to mar his memory and I'm disgusted it's been labeled as Domestic Violence...Due to the fact that my Husband was brutally murdered due to DV (a relationship our daughter was in) and I am appalled by the 2 disgraceful experts and especially LaViolette who has let another "VICTIM" down while hiding the truth and burying the victim yet again!
The only difference is My Husband was taken due to DV, Travis was NOT!
Thank You for the Invitation also...

I am saddened to hear of the loss of your husband to what was likely a senseless crime. Like Jodi, I would expect the murderer had opportunities to make a different choice. My sympathies to both you and your daughter for your tremendous loss. I'm sure it must be very difficult for you to hear someone like Alyce LaViolette make a complete mockery out of what really constitutes DV. As far as I'm concerned, Jodi Arias can take her wooden spoon spankings from Mommy and her Travis called me bad words DV defense story straight to death row with her.

I hope you and your daughter are healing as best you can. JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY 803492

Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:27 am

Welcome Cathy and I just read your poem in the poetry corner. Have stopped crying so I wanted to give you a better welcome. We have another member here that will be going to court Monday with her friend whose husband was also killed by SIL. Her daughter took her kids to her mom and dad's and he came to their house. He was actually after the daughter, but the dad confronted him and he was shot and killed. You can read part of her story in the Prayer request thread. Hope you jump in and comment on all threads that interest you.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am

Does AZ have the death penalty? I voted 'yes', but now that I think about it, I would like for her to be in one of the prison tents and have to work in the garden to raise the food she eats. I think hard labor would be good for her.

If she gets death, she will be held in a Fed. Pen. and they get better treatment and much better food that the general population does. I would like to see her work that little crooked finger to a nub.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:38 am

OMG, just hearing these stories breaks my heart!

You are very strong people who have lived through this.

ChattyCathy. WELCOME to the forum!! Razz
Geographically, we're neighbors. Georgia here.

My problem with LWOP is that Jodi Arias does not care, has no conscious, has no REMORSE. In her own sick mind, she feels justified in what she did.

Allowing her to live off the taxpayers to go to school, Twitter with her "fan club", sell her art, free medical- when the taxpayers are struggling to make ends meet, trying to meet the basic needs of housing and feeding their families, it doesn't seem fair.

The only absolute is the DP. The only thing that will rock her world and give her a reality check is death. But then again, she thinks she'll be reunited with Travis.

Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 am

sitemama wrote:Does AZ have the death penalty? I voted 'yes', but now that I think about it, I would like for her to be in one of the prison tents and have to work in the garden to raise the food she eats. I think hard labor would be good for her.

If she gets death, she will be held in a Fed. Pen. and they get better treatment and much better food that the general population does. I would like to see her work that little crooked finger to a nub.

Hi Moma,
I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Yes, Arizona does have the death penalty and is one of the more active states in the union in terms of carrying out the death penalties it issues. I would like to see Arias get the DP because she would not have the ability to socialize with other prisoners if she is on death row. It's a pretty solitary existance.

I assume you were refering to our sheriff Joe Arpaio's famous "Tent City". MCSO uses Tent City to alleviate jail crowding. Inmates accused of serious crimes like murder are generally not held in Tent City. Jodi Arias is currently held in MCSO's county jail as an unconvicted inmate. Jail

If convicted of MI and sentenced to LWOP, JA will be sent to one of our penitentaries to serve her sentence. She will likely be in the general prison population allowing her to socialize. She would be able to eat meals, excercise, communicate, have regular visitation privileges, share down time, etc with the rest of the prison population.

If JA is convicted of M1 and receives the DP she will be housed on Death Row. JA will live a very solitary life. There will be strict limitations on visitations and very, very few privileges. She will have little to no ability to socialize with other prisoners. So, even if the fed food is better than Sheriff Joe's MCSO food, I think Jodi would prefer her jailhouse support group, jailhouse friends, and "fans" over the better food. Don't you? Her social life will consist of talking to prisoners in other cells through the pipe on her toilet. Now that sounds like a punishment that would be more devastating to JA than the actual "death" part of the sentence, IMO. JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY 86558

Caly, just checking...am I correct in my understanding of the difference in the way JA would be housed with the two different sentences?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:17 am

Calypso wrote:OMG, just hearing these stories breaks my heart!

You are very strong people who have lived through this.

ChattyCathy. WELCOME to the forum!! Razz
Geographically, we're neighbors. Georgia here.

My problem with LWOP is that Jodi Arias does not care, has no conscious, has no REMORSE. In her own sick mind, she feels justified in what she did.

Allowing her to live off the taxpayers to go to school, Twitter with her "fan club", sell her art, free medical- when the taxpayers are struggling to make ends meet, trying to meet the basic needs of housing and feeding their families, it doesn't seem fair.

The only absolute is the DP. The only thing that will rock her world and give her a reality check is death. But then again, she thinks she'll be reunited with Travis.

Although it has its up and downs, I agree with your view. People have a tendency of conforming to surroundings. If LWOP is placed on Jodi, she will learn to have a life behind bars and after a short time will she will be enjoying her life. If on DR, she wont enjoy too much and she will be anticipating death, which in itself is worse then death.

But either way she will be made to think of what she gave up in doing what she did. This is one woman I would never want to hear about being free to do it again. There is little doubt in my mind that she would infact kill again if the circumstances arose. Whether she is mentally ill or not, she knew enough to hide what she was doing, to premeditate the murder and to cover up and lie after the fact, therefore she knew very well what she had done was wrong.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:15 am

Welcome, Cathy! JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY 839314

I know it may sound cruel to suggest death penalty but IMO, life with out parole is a burden on society (warehousing) and is actually crueler than a death penalty. To live a long life with complete medical coverage, food, shelter, education, etc., and to KNOW you will NEVER get out; NEVER smell the ocean or feel the sunshine; NEVER see the wildflowers or attend the carnival; NEVER use a telephone without permission; NEVER, EVER do ANY of the things you used to do... THAT is crueler than knowing on a certain date you will go into a sleep and not wake up. The death penalty, compared to Travis' death, is simply much easier but is less cruel than LWOP.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm for the death penalty - mostly.

I'd just never want to be a juror for a death penalty trial. I'd be torn up inside.

Death would be the punishment Jodi deserves. The long wait in solitary is where the real punishment is. At least for her.

If she had a conscience, remorse, or guilt - then life imprisonment might be the better fit.

Life in prison will give Jodi the niceties I don't want her to have. She'll make a little life in there - filled with drama, sex, fun, etc. She'll enjoy it too much.

However, there'd be no state-paid appeals. She'd never get out.

Its too bad we don't have a life in prison where you spend it in solitude. Because if we did, I'd vote for that.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Zevion Sun May 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Im for death penality, jodi doesnt show any remorse or really get what she done. She does most for the attention, and wanted pity. She already cost millions into her trial and to keep her in prison cost about 60 grand each year per person in high security prison on your taxes. For thise think death will be the end of her, the reality of christian belief she will go to hell for enternity.

Zevion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Zevion wrote:Im for death penality, jodi doesnt show any remorse or really get what she done. She does most for the attention, and wanted pity. She already cost millions into her trial and to keep her in prison cost about 60 grand each year per person in high security prison on your taxes. For thise think death will be the end of her, the reality of christian belief she will go to hell for enternity.

Welcome, Zevion! JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY 864739

The isolation of death row is exactly what Arias deserves. I could care less if they ever put her to death as I think the isolation is the worst possible punishment for someone like Jodi. JA thrives on attention. Like a toddler, she doesn't seem to care if it's good or bad attention....just that she is getting attention. Death row will be a lonely existance for Jodi.

The one thing I find troubling about the Death Penalty is that JA will receive automatic tax payer funded appeals that could go on for years and cost millions more. For this reason it has been statistically proven to be much cheaper to house a LWOP inmate than a Death Row inmate. I understand that the state should pay for the appeal process when they are asking to take a persons life; however, the thought of AZ taxpayer's paying another dime for this witch's defense really ticks me off. If the sentence is LWOP, the little demon will have to personally fund any additional legal action or appeals.

Again, Welcome JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY 864739
Make sure to check out the main conversation thread and join in. It will probably be pretty active tomorow as the jury starts deliberating at 9 AM. Verdict Watch, yeah, it's about time! JODI ARIAS -- POLL: DEATH PENALTY 901969

Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down