Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manuel W. Gonzales: Murder 1 of Dominic Bradley, age 2.

4 posters

Go down

Manuel W. Gonzales: Murder 1 of Dominic Bradley, age 2. Empty Manuel W. Gonzales: Murder 1 of Dominic Bradley, age 2.

Post by Calypso Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:43 am

http://herald-review.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-faces-preliminary-murder-charge-in-toddler-s-death/article_bcae8bab-eb62-5d15-8fc5-7ecd474ad5f7.html

Man faces preliminary murder charge in toddler's death

DECATUR — The preliminary charge against Manuel W. Gonzales has been changed to first-degree murder after the Tuesday night death of a 2-year-old boy.

Gonzales, the live-in boyfriend of the child’s mother, is being held in the Macon County Jail on $2 million bond, after he was re-arrested.

Gonzales, 28, was initially arrested on a preliminary charge of aggravated battery of a child when Dominic Bradley was put on life support, following an apparent brutal beating Monday night, according to Decatur police. He died Tuesday night at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana. (SNIPPED...more at link)
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Manuel W. Gonzales: Murder 1 of Dominic Bradley, age 2. Empty Re: Manuel W. Gonzales: Murder 1 of Dominic Bradley, age 2.

Post by Freckles Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Reminds me a bit of when my ex- supposedly responded to my dau's rough teasing of her little brother. My ex- smacked her across the face blackening her eye... and he got himself a police report on that one! He never hit the kids after that... not once. He was terrified of going to jail.

No child "earns" this type of physical abuse and there is NO excuse for the killing of a child simply because a parent is frustrated, etc.. I hope the book is thrown at him and he has a long time to consider the errors of his way.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Manuel W. Gonzales: Murder 1 of Dominic Bradley, age 2. Empty Re: Manuel W. Gonzales: Murder 1 of Dominic Bradley, age 2.

Post by Calypso Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:08 am

This case is especially important to me as the baby's mother is one of my friends nieces. Dominic, is her great nephew. Our friendship spans over 4 decades, our families, parents, being friends first. Second generation friends, I guess. :)

The baby's mother holds a degree is psychology and works with children. There are many questions as to how and why the mother missed the signs with this guy.

He had gotten out of prison around a year ago for drug charges. The mother had 3 children prior her relationship with Manny, two daughters approx. 4 and 5 years old, and Dominic, 2.
(The children would have been a year or so younger when they got together)

The couple had a 3.5 month old son also, for a total of 4 children in the home.

Last I heard, the state took custody of the remaining children for now. I imagine this would be standard until they could also be checked out and the investigation has concluded.

My girlfriend checked him out on Megan's Law and found he had raped a 4 year old when he was 12 years old. I don't doubt he is a career criminal with a long rap sheet.

My girlfriend, the aunt, is in the process of being approved for membership here on RC.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueblue Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Calypso that is so sad! I think women with children need to be careful going into a new relationship, and try and check them out and never leave the children alone with that partner.
Trueblue
Trueblue

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:16 pm

You are absolutely correct, Trueblue!!! Apparently, she was engaged to this man and had a 3 month old child with him.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:56 am

http://www.wandtv.com/story/24410698/man-accused-of-beating-2-year-old-to-death-appeared-in-court

Man accused of beating 2-year-old to death appeared in court

Posted: Jan 09, 2014 6:00 PM EST

Decatur - The man accused of beating a Decatur toddler to death, made his first court appearance.

Manuel Gonzales, 28, is accused in the beating death of 2-year-old Dominic Bradley, on December 30th. Police sworn statements show Gonzales admitted he slammed the little boy against a wall after he got angry at him for jumping on the bed.

Gonzales is the boyfriend of Dominic's mother and is a registered sex offender in Texas. He was convicted in a 1997 assault of a 4-year-old girl.

Gonzales is charged with first degree murder, he due back in court later this month.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Manuel Gonzales pleads guilty, sentenced in toddler death

September 20, 2014 12:01 am

DECATUR – Manuel Gonzales pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and received a sentence of 50 years in prison Friday for beating to death 2-year-old Dominic Bradley on Dec. 30.

Gonzales, 29, stood before Macon County Circuit Judge Thomas E. Griffith in a gray and black striped jail jumpsuit and admitted to throwing the toddler against a wall after becoming angry that Bradley disobeyed his command to stop jumping on the bed.

...Alexis Bradley, Dominic's 25-year-old mother, faces charges of endangering the life/health of a child and leaving the child in custody of a sex offender. Pretrial proceedings are scheduled to continue at 9 a.m. Nov. 24.

Read more:  http://herald-review.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/manuel-gonzales-pleads-guilty-sentenced-in-toddler-death/article_061c82db-fb01-567c-ad23-0610c5a37417.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Illinois Woman Sentenced Over Beating Death of Toddler Son

02/07/2015

A central Illinois woman has been sentenced to six months in jail in connection with the killing of her 2-year-old son, who was beaten to death by her boyfriend.

Twenty-six-year-old Alexis C. Bradley pleaded guilty to one count of endangering the life or health of a child over the 2012 death of her son, Dominic, at her home in Decatur.

Read more:  http://wtax.com/news/101101-illinois-woman-sentenced-over-beating-death-of-toddler-son/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down