Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Padilla To Testify For Prosecution AT KC's Trial!!!

+2
FystyAngel
Snaz
6 posters

Go down

Padilla To Testify For Prosecution AT KC's Trial!!! Empty Padilla To Testify For Prosecution AT KC's Trial!!!

Post by Snaz Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Anthony Loses Motion To Limit Padilla's Testimony
Defense Does Win Access To Search Records

POSTED: 11:58 am EDT August 27, 2009
UPDATED: 5:51 pm EDT August 27, 2009
[
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge denied a motion late Thursday to quash testimony from the bail bonding team that got Casey Anthony out of jail last August.

That means prosecutors can use testimony of what they saw and heard in their case against Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez sought the protective order to bar privileged testimony from Leonard Padilla, Tony Padilla, Tracy McLaughlin, and Robert Dick. The group was involved in helping bail out Anthony, and they spent much time around Anthony and her family before a fallout.

But Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland did not support the argument that the group was an extension of the defense counsel and covered by the attorney-client privilege.

Snipped from:

http://www.wesh.com/news/20582620/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Padilla To Testify For Prosecution AT KC's Trial!!! Empty Re: Padilla To Testify For Prosecution AT KC's Trial!!!

Post by Snaz Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:49 pm

Order Denying Motion For Protective Order And To Bar Privileged Testimony of Mr. Leonard Padilla, Mr. Tony Padilla, Ms. Tracy McLaughlin and Robert Dick

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20587563/detail.html

That's what I'm talking 'bout!!!!!!!!
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Padilla To Testify For Prosecution AT KC's Trial!!! Empty Re: Padilla To Testify For Prosecution AT KC's Trial!!!

Post by Snaz Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:58 pm

This article is from a couple of days ago, but I never saw it until now. It's along these sames lines, so I thought I would post it.

Bondsman: I Wasn't Working For Anthony's Attorney
Tony Padilla Says He Wasn't Part Of Defense Team

POSTED: 4:06 pm EDT August 24, 2009
UPDATED: 9:06 am EDT August 25, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The California bail bondsman who got Casey Anthony out of jail in August 2008 said he did not work for Anthony's attorney.

Anthony is currently in the Orange County Jail awaiting trial on murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Attorney Jose Baez has argued that anything Anthony told Tony Padilla or his employees is protected by attorney-client privilege and therefore should not be used in her trial. Padilla, however, said that he was not working for Baez and that Baez did not want him to work for him.

"As far as signing any paperwork to be part of the defense team, I never signed anything like that," Padilla said. "Jose was very adamant. He did not want any of us at all working for him."

Snipped from:

http://www.wesh.com/news/20535221/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Is Leonard Padilla decision a setback for defense?
posted by halboedeker on Aug 27, 2009 5:42:29 PM

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla is not part of the Casey Anthony defense team, the judge ruled today.

What does that mean?

"Statements he and his associates made about conversations they had with Casey while they were protecting her can be made public," WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Martie Salt said.

Snipped:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/08/casey-anthony-leonard-padilla-associates-could-be-called-at-trial.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:14 pm

This is really good news. I assume Tracey will have the most information, as she was the one who spent time alone with KC. I also thing that most of what LP had to say, has already been said.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:46 pm

I agree Fysty. I don't think LP has much more to say. I'd be willing to bet that if he did, we would have heard it already, in one of his Nancy Grace appearances.
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:29 pm

awaiting justice wrote:I was very happy for the motion and have always had tons of respect for the crew of LP. Not one have them have ever spoken out. I wud be surprised if they had not been approached and offered money to talk, and there hasnt been a word said. Kudo's to them.

I agree, awaiting.... and I just can't wait to hear what Tracy M. has to say..... must be good since JB tried so hard to keep her testimony out. Sorry, Jose..... better luck on your next motion.....

Does anyone think it's possible that authorities have asked Tracy to keep quiet about what she knows?
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyNile Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:48 am

Woooowhooo dancing

Its a good day....

IndyNile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:45 am

Yes, anxiously awaiting Tracy M's first hand convo's with Crazy. I do believe LE has kept her info privy for very good reasons..... Razz

Last edited by Piper on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : another typo, that's always my reason....LOL)
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:16 am

Iam sure they will all say that KC didn't even seem to care that Caylee was missing.I hope they have more that can be used against her.
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down