Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZFG Suit Against KC - Trial Scheduled 8/29/11 (Civil)

+8
LottieM
Cali
Julie
randilynn
Snaz
Justice4all
FystyAngel
Tracey6434
12 posters

Go down

ZFG Suit Against KC - Trial Scheduled 8/29/11 (Civil) Empty Re: ZFG Suit Against KC - Trial Scheduled 8/29/11 (Civil)

Post by Tracey6434 Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Well, I watched some of it. It was like watching paint dry. I don't like this judge at all. And I also can't believe he needs a month, to make the decision whether or nt to allow this to go to trial. Are you kidding me?
Turns out, Mr. Mitnik decided not to press George and Cindy for additional answers. He said he can get them from the other official documents.
The judge did rule NOT to require Dominic Casey to sit for a deposition. DC said he was employed by George and Cindy, Baez and Casey. So, he is protected by client attorney prviledge. He said they had a written contract. IMO, I suspect, they didn't at the time but wrote one up right quick before this court hearing. But that's just my opinon.
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

ZFG Suit Against KC - Trial Scheduled 8/29/11 (Civil) Empty Re: ZFG Suit Against KC - Trial Scheduled 8/29/11 (Civil)

Post by FystyAngel Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 pm

Tracey, I wouldn't doubt it one bit. Funny, but I seem to remember DC saying he "volunteered his services".
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:00 pm

KC is lucky none of the other Zenaida Gonzales's in Florida have filed civil suits against her. I have a feeling that a lot of these pre-trial hearings will be like watching paint dry. I agree with Tracey about the contract and definitely wouldn't put it past DC and the Anthony's to have drawn it up and signed it right before this court hearing.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:10 pm

FystyAngel wrote:Tracey, I wouldn't doubt it one bit. Funny, but I seem to remember DC saying he "volunteered his services".

Fysty,

I seem to remember him saying that too. The thing about most of the players involved here, is that they all lie so much to suit the moment, that they forget what they said before. i would hope Morgan and Mitnik would research this and find where DC had said this. However, I am almost wondering, as I type this, if it wasn't Jim Hoover who said he volunteered, not DC. Not sure now though.
Another thing about DC. i hope I don't get in trouble for appearing petty here because I'm not trying to be. I am serious when i say this next statement. I believe today, more than ever, after seeing how defensive DC got with Mr. Mitnik, that he in fact, did have a little something, something with Cindy Anthony. There is no way, someone would get that testy over just a "job" he did for someone. There was/is a personal attachment here and it wasn't with George or KC, I don't think. And another thing, if DC is worth anything as a PI, then he KNOWS there was NO zanny, NO abduction and KC murdered Caylee. So, you don't get all testy and defensive to protect a child murderer. You do it because it would hurt someone else you DO care about, IMO, that is CINDY ANTHONY!
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Tracey! LMFAO! I can only think of a couple of things... Laughing Lots of drunken and barf
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:31 pm

Tracey6434 wrote:And another thing, if DC is worth anything as a PI, then he KNOWS there was NO zanny, NO abduction and KC murdered Caylee.
Most of us know those things, so we must be better PIs than DC. lol!
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:16 pm

awaiting justice wrote:OMG ..I anm so mad.. I am irate that this judge deemed DC under attorney client.... I hope it diesnt set a precidence for the murder trial... DC is a snake... He is the one who helped create the confusion suggesting that the remains hadnt been there till after KC was in jail.

Not that I believe that defense will have any merrit, I just cant believe that the judge went for that!!

AJ,

ITA! I have to tell you too. I usually have great respect for judges. I really do. However, THIS judge gets under my skin. I can't quite put my finger on it. He waffles on stuff, yet he has this arrogance about him too. Here's an example. DC's lady attorney was making an objection today to a question Mr. Mitnik was asking DC. And the judge stops everything and says to her, YOU will stand, meaning when she objected he wanted her on her feet. Ok, I get it. Not a big deal, I know. However, this judge is so strange and seems to demand respect, yet I don't feel he's earned it. I just don't like him. I just don't.

J4A, Yes, we all do know it! I just mean with DC, that he can't be using the same old excuse we give for the A's, they WANT to believe KC because she is their daughter. So, I have given them an ounce of leeway due to that. However, DC is NO relation to KC and can see, as well as us, if not better, him having been so close to the people and case, that this was all a lie from jump street. So, that being said, I believe there is ANOTHER reason, he is so defensive and trying to protect KC. Once again, IMO, CINDY!

Last edited by Tracey6434 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Tracey, I think your right about that Judge. He's earned nothing. As far as DC, I know Hoover said he was free but I thought DC said the same thing in the beginning. When the whole "video" thing came about. I could have sworn that he said he sought them out (the A's). I don't know if there was really an affair (eewww) but there sure has been plenty of rumor about one.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:03 am

Judge delays decision in Anthony suit

Updated: Tuesday, 08 Sep 2009, 5:18 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 08 Sep 2009, 8:18 AM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A judge has postponed deciding whether to dismiss a defamation lawsuit filed by woman who claims Casey Anthony damaged her reputation.

The judge also delayed deciding whether to postpone the defamation lawsuit until after Anthony's criminal trial on a first-degree murder charge. Prosecutors allege that Anthony killed her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Anthony has pleaded not guilty and says a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee.

Investigators believe Anthony made up the story about the nanny. A woman named Zenaida Gonzalez claims in the defamation lawsuit that her reputation was damaged as a result of Anthony's story
about the nanny. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

On Wednesday attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez will be back in court again. They want George and Cindy Anthony to answer more questions in their depositions. They also want to hold private investigator Dominic Casey in contempt of court for not appearing for his deposition.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/090809_Casey_Anthony_defamation_suit

FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Zenaida Gonzalez Files Witness List In Casey Case

Posted: 11:15 am EST February 23, 2010
Updated: 12:50 pm EST February 23, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Zenaida Gonzalez, who is suing Casey Anthony for allegedly implicating her in Caylee Anthony’s disappearance and murder, has filed a list of expert witnesses she might call to testify at a defamation trial.

Gonzalez was investigated in connection with the case after detectives found out she had been to the Sawgrass Apartments around the same time Casey says she dropped her daughter Caylee off there.

Casey said the name of the nanny she left Caylee with at the apartments was Zenaida Gonzalez.

A status hearing for the trial is scheduled for May.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/22644246/detail.html

Witness List:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22644050/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

A- how is DC covered under attorney client priviledge, he is not an attorney.. they could claim work product, but then again, it has already been stated NUMEROUS times that DC was NOT working for baez after the first few weeks
B- he was contracted by GA and CA anthony.

this is all a bunch of bull you know what..

i think ALL the ZFG (abbreviated cause i cannot spell it).. should get TOGETHER and file a class action suit.. then they would HAVE to go forward with the hearing. ..

Evil or Very Mad ... and i didnt even see the hearing!!!
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue May 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Hearing Set In Casey Anthony Civil Case
Zenaida Gonzalez Seeks $15,000 In Damages

POSTED: Tuesday, May 4, 2010
UPDATED: 11:52 am EDT May 4, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon in Casey Anthony's civil case, although Anthony will not attend.

Zenaida Gonzalez filed a defamation lawsuit against Anthony, claiming she ruined her reputation by linking her to the disappearance of Anthony's daughter, Caylee.

Anthony told authorities in 2008 that she left her daughter with a baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzlalez and the two were gone when she went to pick up her daughter.

Anthony, 24, was charged in the death of Caylee, whose remains were found in a wooded lot in Orange County in December 2008. Anthony has pleaded not guilty and remains jailed on first-degree murder charges.

It's possible that a trial date will be set in the civil case.

Gonzalez is seeking more than $15,000 in damages.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23446867/detail.html

Last edited by Snaz on Tue May 04, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue May 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Hearing set for today in defamation case filed by Zenaida Gonzalez
Zenaida Gonzalez says Casey Anthony damaged her reputation.

By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
11:24 a.m. EDT, May 4, 2010

Attorneys for Casey Anthony are expected in court this afternoon to defend her in a defamation suit.

Anthony is being sued in circuit court in Orange County by Zenaida Gonzalez, a Kissimmee woman who accuses Anthony of damaging her reputation.

Anthony told investigators a baby sitter named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez abducted her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie, in 2008.

Anthony is accused of killing her daughter that year. The baby sitter was never found and authorities believe she does not exist.

Gonzalez is seeking unspecified damages. She filed suit two years ago, saying she was harmed by Anthony's statement about the baby sitter.

After investigating that claim and many others, authorities charged Anthony with murder. The child's body was found several months later in a patch of woods not far from Anthony's home.

Anthony is now in the Orange County Jail, awaiting trial on a first-degree murder charge. The state is seeking the death penalty.

The hearing at 1:30 p.m. is a routine pretrial conference. The attorneys on both sides plan to ask Orange Circuit Court Judge Jose R. Rodriguez for more time to prepare for trial.

In September, Anthony's attorney, Jonathan Kasen, asked the judge to delay or throw out the civil suit. Anthony shouldn't be placed under oath and required to say whether or not she murdered her child, he argued.

But Gonzalez's attorney later agreed not to ask that question, and Rodriguez ruled that the case should move forward.

Rene Stutzman can be reached at rstutzman@orlandosentinel.com or 407-650-6394.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-zenaida-hearing-20100504,0,5781966.story
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue May 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Casey’s Defamation Case Heads To Court

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:24:19 PM
Reported by Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony is expected in court Tuesday afternoon to face off against Zenaida Gonzalez, a woman who says Anthony accused of her of kidnapping Caylee Anthony.

Gonzalez is suing Casey Anthony for defamation.

Anthony said a woman by the same name kidnapped her daughter in the summer of 2008.

Gonzalez said Anthony ruined her life.

The two will meet at a pretrial conference, where it’s unclear what will happen.

Anthony's attorneys tried fighting to get the case thrown out or at least delayed until after the criminal case moves forward

However, Judge Rodriguez said the civil suit must go on.

This case is no stranger to drama.

You may remember the heated depositions of Cindy and George Anthony taken at Morgan and Morgan where both Gonzalez's attorneys and the Anthonys went back and forth in argument.

Cindy said there was no way this Zenaida was "Zanny the Nanny."

Law enforcement officials have said in the past there is no real Zenaida.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/5/4/caseys_defamation_case_heads_to_court.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue May 04, 2010 2:47 pm

More Delays For Casey Anthony Civil Trial

Posted: 12:47 pm EDT May 4, 2010
Updated: 2:37 pm EDT May 4, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- During a pre-trial hearing Tuesday afternoon, a judge delayed the start date for the civil trial Casey Anthony is facing.

The trial had been scheduled for June 14, but because of things not being completed, rulings still awaiting decisions and more information to review, both parties said they would not be ready for the June date.

Instead, the judge said that the trial wouldn’t start until the first quarter of next year, but a date has not been set.

WFTV reported on the defamation lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez. She's suing Casey Anthony for claiming a babysitter with her name, was responsible for Caylee Anthony’s disappearance.

http://www.wftv.com/news/23448637/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue May 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Snaz wrote:Cindy said there was no way this Zenaida was "Zanny the Nanny."

Law enforcement officials have said in the past there is no real Zenaida.
There's no way any Zenaida was "Zanny the Nanny."

"Zanny the Nanny" is about as real as Mary Poppins.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue May 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Snaz wrote:The trial had been scheduled for June 14, but because of things not being completed, rulings still awaiting decisions and more information to review, both parties said they would not be ready for the June date.

Instead, the judge said that the trial wouldn’t start until the first quarter of next year, but a date has not been set.
Nobody did their job and got ready, so lets just give them another six months and then delay the murder trial again since Casey and her lawyers will be busy with this trial.

After all this trouble, I wonder how Zenaida expects to collect any money from Casey even if she wins this case. Casey is indigent and the Anthonys are in foreclosure.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Snaz wrote:The trial had been scheduled for June 14, but because of things not being completed, rulings still awaiting decisions and more information to review, both parties said they would not be ready for the June date.

ZFG Suit Against KC - Trial Scheduled 8/29/11 (Civil) 858297
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue May 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Justice4all wrote:

Nobody did their job and got ready, so lets just give them another six months and then delay the murder trial again since Casey and her lawyers will be busy with this trial.

After all this trouble, I wonder how Zenaida expects to collect any money from Casey even if she wins this case. Casey is indigent and the Anthonys are in foreclosure.

J4A, the good thing is that Baez and Company are not the attorneys of record for the civil case, so they cannot use the civil case as an excuse for delaying the murder trial.

Besides, I think once JP sets the date of the murder trial, come hell or high water, that trial will take place no matter matter what (assuming there is no plea agreement....). The civil case shouldn't have an effect on the what happens with the murder case.

As far as getting any money from KC, ZFG probably won't ever see a dime. And the Anthonys cannot be held responsible for KC's dilemna since she was an adult at the time, unless ZFG decides to sue them. Assuming KC is convicted of murder, she wont ever be able to receive any money from "her story," and if ZFG sues the A's, hopefully she will get some of the blood money they are bound to yet make off of the murder of their granddaughter. I'd prefer to see ZFG with the money rather than the A's......

Last edited by Snaz on Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Tue May 04, 2010 4:35 pm

i cannot believe that this civil trial is being delayed THAT LONG...

that is redonkulous.. it does not take but a month, maybe two to prepare for a trial like this one...

what is ^^ with the justice system in Fla... ??? god forbid they EVER need to do something in a timely manner, i am starting to think that is completely impossible!!
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue May 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Updated WFTV article:

More Delays For Casey Anthony Civil Trial

Posted: 12:47 pm EDT May 4, 2010
Updated: 6:22 pm EDT May 4, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- In the civil case against Casey Anthony, the woman suing Casey for defamation will probably get her day in court before Casey's murder trial. A judge said Tuesday that Casey's civil suit will likely be heard early next year, months before her murder trial.

ZFG Suit Against KC - Trial Scheduled 8/29/11 (Civil) VideoVIDEO REPORT: Hearing Held In Civil Case

WFTV’s legal expert said it could taint the jury pool, but the civil trial is not about whether Casey murdered Caylee, so legally there's no reason to hold it up.

Zenaida Gonzalez's lawyers say, if the civil case makes Casey look bad right before her murder trial, that's her problem. The evidence in the two cases overlaps, so the defamation trial could cause problems for Casey Anthony during her murder trial.

“That's not our problem; that's her problem. Our client was an innocent bystander; she got drug into this. She had nothing to do with it. I don't care what problems it creates for Casey Anthony,” attorney Keith Mitnik said.

But Casey’s civil case can go first, as the judge said Tuesday, because both trials are not about whether she killed her daughter Caylee, which was the case with the OJ Simpson trials and why his civil trial went after his murder trial.

“It's about whether she falsely accused a now-witness in the case of taking her child,” WFTV legal expert Bill Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer said, if the judge hearing Casey's murder case still has any question about going out of town to look for a jury, this might be the answer.

“The media it is going to attract will taint whatever potential impartial juror that's left in Orange County,” Sheaffer said.

Zenaida's lawyers are largely focusing on evidence uncovered in the murder case: Casey's statements to her parents in jail and her mother's public comments about Caylee's alleged nanny Zenaida Gonzalez, evidence that Casey's father modeled his description of the nanny after his alleged mistress, and Casey's letter to her jail pen pal that just surfaced saying Zenaida didn't do it.

“They could be bombshells in our case,” Mitnik said.

Casey doesn't have to go to her civil trial, but, either way, Sheaffer says, she'll face criticism. If she does attend it’ll be for her clothes and her every move or for having a guilty conscience if she doesn't attend.

http://www.wftv.com/news/23448637/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Wed May 05, 2010 12:24 am

Casey was damned when she did what she did, so she can continue living in a state of damningnation.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri May 07, 2010 10:30 am

AJ, you could be right!

Why would Casey show up to fight anyhow? All she could say in her own defense is that 'that' particular ZG was not the one she was talking about.

But that's nonsense! She had to have been talking about that one when she made up her ZFG nanny story. No matter that she probably never met her, she probably saw her go into the office at Sawgrass, and needing someone to claim was a sitter and needing some place to claim she dropped Caylee, she adopted that visit to Sawgrass by that ZG for this role.

How did she get her name? Well, she had an entire month to find a way to get into the office there and sneak a peak. And since she and Tony were looking for apartments around the 19th of June, maybe Casey did manage to get into the office at Sawgrass during that time and sneak a peek while maybe no one was there.

I think she did intend to use this ZG's name in part, for her mystery nanny. But being as how all Casey's stories are half-baked and only partial truth, it's a great disguise to her actual plan that she includes a middle name and a different description of Zanny.

Not showing up for this case would be her way of blowing it off as irrelevant and nuts, while at the same time allowing herself to be (in her mind) portrayed as a victim everyone is out to get anyhow just because her daughter was murdered and she got a bad rap for that as well. Rolling Eyes
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat May 08, 2010 5:15 pm

I say you're right, AJ. She's got no money and the state sure ain't paying for a civil case. 8)
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

ZFG Suit Against KC - Trial Scheduled 8/29/11 (Civil) Empty Re: ZFG Suit Against KC (civil)

Post by Estee Sat May 08, 2010 7:46 pm

I've thought about this long and hard and I'm rather inclined to agree that KC more than likely will be a no show for this...Since the only truthful answer she could deliver would be that this Zenaida is not the Zanny Zenaida...She cannot take the fifth since this is a civil case and she would be compelled to answer whatever questions asked...Knowing that questions regarding Caylee's death would be asked, so that those answers could be used in the murder trial...I think Bozo and Co. will advise her not to go (in her best interest)....So what if she loses this case...She hasn't got any $$$ to pay damages...and all they'd be able to do is place a lien on anything she owns...now/later...I think they can even get whatever monies are contributed to her commissary funds...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon May 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Lawyers Want To Question Casey's Pen Pal

Posted: 12:27 pm EDT May 24, 2010
Updated: 12:49 pm EDT May 24, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Lawyers representing Zenaida Gonzalez, who is suing Casey Anthony for defamation, want to question one of Casey’s inmate pen pals
(read motion).

ZFG Suit Against KC - Trial Scheduled 8/29/11 (Civil) ArticleMOTION: Deposition Of Prisoner

Robyn Adams, who is now serving a federal drug sentence at a prison in Tallahassee, told detectives investigating the murder case against Casey that the two exchanged dozens of letters and those letters were handed over to investigators.

In one of those letters, Casey wrote that she knows Zenaida Gonzalez, Caylee's alleged nanny, had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance.

http://www.wftv.com/news/23657557/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Mon May 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Casey wrote that she knows Zenaida Gonzalez, Caylee's alleged nanny, had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance.
Casey knows Zenaida Gonzalez had nothing to do with Caylee's disappearance because Casey had everything to do with Caylee's disappearance.
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Window For Anthony Civil Trial Set
Anthony Being Sued For Defamation Of Character

POSTED: Monday, June 14, 2010
UPDATED: 5:26 pm EDT June 14, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Jose Rodriguez has set a three-week trail docket beginning Aug. 29, 2011, in the civil case against Casey Anthony.

The move means the trial will begin sometime from late August until mid-September of next year, which would be shortly after the conclusion of Anthony's murder trial, if it proceeds as scheduled on May 9, 2011.

The civil trial is expected to last five days.

Rodriguez referred the case to mediation, which must be completed before pretrial hearings.

Zenaida Gonzalez filed a defamation lawsuit against Anthony, claiming she ruined her reputation by linking her to the disappearance of Anthony's daughter, Caylee.

Anthony told authorities in 2008 that she left her daughter with a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzlalez and the two were gone when she went to pick up her daughter.

Anthony, 24, was charged in the death of Caylee, whose remains were found in a wooded lot in Orange County in December 2008. Anthony has pleaded not guilty and remains jailed on first-degree murder charges.

Gonzalez is seeking more than $15,000 in damages.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23896906/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 pm

It's not bad enough that it's going to be almost three years before Casey's murder trial begins, but now it's also going to be three years until her civil trial starts. Give me a break.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Casey Anthony’s Civil Trial Pushed To 2011

Posted: 4:15 pm EDT June 16, 2010
Updated: 4:31 pm EDT June 16, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defamation trial has now been scheduled for August 29, 2011. That's a year and a half later than the date discussed at the last hearing.

That means the civil trial will happen after Casey's criminal trial, which is set for May 2011.

Sometime soon, attorneys representing Casey’s accuser, Zenaida Gonzalez, will be deposing Casey's jail pen pal, Robyn Adams, who's now in federal prison.

Gonzalez has the same name as Caylee's alleged nanny, who detectives say does not exist.

http://www.wftv.com/news/23924161/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:25 pm

I don't know.... I just can't help but think that possibly the State did not want this trial to happen before the murder trial. I have had in the back of my mind for some time now that maybe the State spoke privately with Morgan's office about not fighting for the civil trial before the murder trial. Just seems to me that whatever they present in the murder trial would be best served "fresh", so to speak.....

Besides, once KC is convicted of murder, it should be a slam dunk for ZFG to win her suit..... the murderer will already be in prison.

Just a thought.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:44 pm

I don't know, snaz. I think the State wanted these depositions...... they wanted "sworn under oath" statements....... Personally, I don't think Zanny has a case. I can understand her being pizzed and all, but, come on. She has to show that her reputation was hurt (and what was her reputation in the first place? Was it really hurt? Did she suffer a loss of income? Was she even workin?)......... Plus, you can't get blood from a stone (horrible expression now that I see it in print!). Zanny will gain nothing but her 15 minutes of fame...... and that is already long gone. All of Casey's assets have been consigned to her dream team........ and she has nothing else. There is no future in this lawsuit.
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:29 pm

AW~ You won me over (as usual!)........ I agree, she has suffered........ but can she PROVE it? kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Absolutely, AJ!!!! I am glad ZFG brought the suit against KC..... I agree that she has been vilified. Frankly (oh gosh, I hate that expression now that JB uses it all the time!), I think if Cindy isn't careful, Zenaida may have a case against her, too. CA had the chance to say publicly that this ZFG was not THE ZFG and she wouldn't do it.

Zenaida has a family to take care of.... I'd rather see her, who had absolutely no choice in being brought into this mess, get some money to take care of her family rather than the A's live off the death of their granddaughter in a manner which they would otherwise NOT be able to afford. Actually, I believe the A's are the ones who made such a circus out of this whole thing. Otherwise, sadly, this would have just been another case of a child murdered by a parent for selfish and vindictive reasons.

And kh, I agree that the State can use the depositions. I just am not sure they want Morgan to mess with their case in a trial before they get their hands on KC. I'm VERY glad he took and released the depositions of Cindy and George. And (as Georgie-boy would say) I'm probably pretty positive the State will probably use them to their benefit! Laughing
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:30 pm

I guess my prob with that theory is that between Casey, Cindy and George........ they have all claimed that everyone Casey every knew was Zannie the Nanny! (Although no one ever saw her or met her or had a phone number for her) (Oh wait! Didn't Cindy say 18 months after the fact, under oath, that she did know her, and had met her and had numbers and everything?). But to hear Cindy tell it, Jesse Grund or that lil girl that Casey stole the money from could have been Zanny! I really wonder is George's "paramour" will come into this after all. I mean, out of everyone, she matches the (non)description best. ("No offense dear, you're cute, but you're no 10!- sh!t, I'd sue em for that!). And by coincidence (which I don't happen to believe in)... her sister (or was it cousin?) was in the Orange County Jail when Casey was? Too wierd.

(I have noticed that River and Skye have dropped off the radar like a thunder cloud that got pushed off into the west by a sudden drop in the barometric pressure!).

PS: Does anyone else find it extremely odd and troubling that Casey was never able to come up with a composite sketch of the phantom nanny who stole Caylee?

Or do you think by then that LE just didn't bother putting it out there because Casey had lied and lied and lied....... kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:57 pm

That's what i mean, AW. For 18 months or so nobody ever saw her, talked to her, had any way of getting in touch with her, knew what she looked like even............ then BAM! The A's are remembering all kinds of things. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Judge To Allow Deposition Of Casey's Pen Pal
New Trial Date Set In Deposition Case

POSTED: 6:44 am EDT June 17, 2010
UPDATED: 5:18 pm EDT June 17, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge in the civil case against Casey Anthony decided on Thursday to allow the deposition of Casey Anthony's pen pal.

The ruling means convicted drug dealer Robyn Adams will be a key witness in both the civil and criminal cases.

Lawyers for Zenaida Gonzalez said Adams' claims could provide them with powerful evidence for their case. Gonzalez is suing Anthony for defamation.

From jailhouse letters to recorded calls with her father, it's clear Adams developed a close friendship with Anthony. Both of them were locked up in the same Orange County protective custody wing.

Lawyers for Gonzalez said they're particularly interested in one statement Anthony allegedly made to Adams. Anthony has repeatedly claimed an unseen and unheard- from baby sitter also named Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped and presumably killed Caylee Anthony, but in that statement, Anthony reportedly confided to Adams that Gonzalez didn't do it.

"If there's a witness out there who can say, 'I heard out of Casey Anthony's mouth this is fabricated,' this would be huge for our case," attorney Keith Mitnik said.

Now that Judge Jose Rodriguez has given Gonzalez's attorneys the OK to depose Adams within 30 days, they're expected to travel to a federal prison in Tallahassee to question Adams about anything she and Anthony wrote and said to each other.

Rodriguez also entered an order saying the earliest this case can go to trial is Aug. 29, 2011, which means Anthony's murder trial, if it stays on schedule, would have three months to wrap up before the civil trial is set to begin.

Anthony remains in the Orange County Jail charged with the murder of her daughter, Caylee Anthony. Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area near the Anthony family home in December 2008.

http://www.wesh.com/news/23930725/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:40 pm

August 2011???????? I thought the DA wanted this trial to be before the murder trial. Why the change?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:53 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Did I read that right? 08/29/2111? kh

My bad! kh

Last edited by khintx on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:22 pm

the earliest this case can go to trial is Aug. 29, 2011,

No kh, 2011 not 2111?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Order on Motion to Take Deposition of Prisoner
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez want to question Robyn Adams

May 28th, 2010 8:42 am

Attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez filed a motion to question one of Casey Anthony’s jailhouse pen-pals. Robyn Adams was incarcerated at the Orange County jail at the same time as Casey Anthony. The two exchanged notes which were released to the public. You may read the jailhouse letters in the link to the left.

In one of the letters, Casey Anthony refers to her murdered daughter’s alleged nanny: Zenaida Gonzalez. She writes that she knows Zenaida is innocent and did not kidnap Caylee. Attorneys want to question Robyn Adams and establish her testimony on record as a defense witness.

Read more: http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-tampa-bay/casey-anthony-case-attorneys-for-zenaida-gonzalez-want-to-question-robyn-adams-read-motion
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Deposition Delayed For Casey's Jailhouse Confidant
Civil Case Against Casey Anthony Moves Forward

POSTED: 10:25 am EDT September 20, 2010
UPDATED: 11:47 am EDT September 20, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Lawyers in the civil case against Casey Anthony will to have to wait a little longer to question Anthony's jailhouse pen pal.

Lawyers for Zenaida Gonzalez planned to depose and videotape Robyn Adams, another inmate who befriended Anthony in jail, on Monday. The deposition has since been delayed.

Attorneys in the case said they are working to get a new date.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/25082330/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Lawyers for Zenaida Gonzalez question jailhouse pen pal

Last Updated: Monday, October 25, 2010 10:28 AM

ORLANDO -- A deposition is scheduled Monday in the case against Casey Anthony, this time from lawyers representing the woman who claims Anthony ruined her life.

Attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez are expected to question Robyn Adams, who claimed to be one of Casey Anthony’s jailhouse pen pals.

Adams said Casey confided in her about several facts in the death of Casey’s 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, including a claim that the woman she called “Zanny the Nanny” never existed.

Read more: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/october/165532/Casey-Anthony--Lawyers-for-Zenaida-Gonzalez-question-jailhouse-pen-pal
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down