Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09

+2
Piper
FystyAngel
6 posters

Go down

Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 Empty Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09

Post by FystyAngel Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:52 pm

Adji Desir - Missing Child To Be Featured On Cover of People’s Magazine
http://www.bloggernews.net/122950

Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 People10

I have been trying my best to keep as many of the missing children in the news as I possibly can so you can imagine how happy I was to see one the children I keep naming will be added on the front cover of the popular People’s Magazine along with five other missing children.

Adji Desir has been missing since January 10, 2009 and no one even hears his name in the news anymore.
According to naplesnews.com the cover with the title “Vanished without a Trace” will feature the list of missing children from this year. They claim it was inspired by the Jaycee Dugard case that was missing for 18 years and finally found after all this time.

Adji Desir was 6 years old when he disappeared while visiting with his grandmother in Farm Workers Village in Immokalee, Fla. while his mother was at work. Around 5:15 that evening he went outside to play with some friends and while playing with friends he disappeared before they realized it. There are no witnesses whatsoever as to what happened to him. He was last seen wearing a blue shirt with thin yellow stripes, blue shorts with pink flamingos going down the sides and grey and black sneakers. Adji is also developmentally disabled and has the functions on a level of a 2 year old and can only speak about five words of English. He does recognize his name though when it is called out.

Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 Adjide10

He is described at the time he disappeared as being a black male and 3 ft tall and weighing only 45 lbs. He has black hair and brown eyes. He had a birthday on October 15 and this child should have been home celebrating it with his family. My heart goes out to his family. I can only imagine what hell they have been going through not knowing where he is or what happened to him.

Adji’s photo is also being featured on national direct mail advertising fliers that are being delivered to 75 million homes across America from November 8 through December 13.

Anyone that knows anything at all concerning Adji’s whereabouts PLEASE call the Collier County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 793-9300 or if you want to make an anonymous call you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). You can also visit www.colliersheriff.org.

Keeping this child’s name in print could possibly bring attention to someone that might see him just like keeping the others that are missing in print as well. It certainly can’t hurt so once again I ask you all to join me in saying a prayer for all these children, some not with us any longer and some that are out there lost somewhere. We need to get them home. Some on the list include Caylee Anthony, Adji Desir, Haleigh Cummings, Somer Thompson, Elizabeth Olten, Masaraha Ross, Alex Mercado and Rebecca Marie Allen, Sandra Cantu and Shaniya Nicole Davis. And there are others as well. My prayers are with them all. God bless them all and all of you as well.

Jan Barrett

As a favor to our readers I am posting these web sites:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/16/stop-the-abuse-and-murder-of-the-children-in-the-us

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/change-sex-offender-laws
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 Empty Re: Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09

Post by Piper Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Sweet little Adji, let's hope he's never forgotten Sad
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:39 am

Poor little Adji! Sad I cannot believe no one has any clue as to what happened to him! Shocked affraid awe I will keep him in my heart, thoughts & prayers. Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 541830 Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 19983 Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 585626 Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:25 pm

At least once a week, I do a search on Little Adji. There's nothing. As if he just fell off the face of the earth, nothing. I can't imagine what this family must feel like. Sad
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Adji Desir - Almost a Year Now and He Is Still Missing

On January 10th 2009 the mother of a little then 6 year old boy left her son with her mother in her Farm Worker Village home in Immokalee Florida, while she went to work. Little did she know when she walked away from her son, Adji Desir that day, that he would disappear from the public eye.

Still to this day the child who is now 7 years old has not been found. Christmas at his home will not be the same this year. It has to be really hard on Adji’s mother. Apparently she was pregnant with Adji’s sister when Adji went missing. So how can one mourn for one child yet celebrate with another this time of year?

How do you keep life going on for your other children when you have one missing from the family? How can you buy Christmas gifts for the ones at home and not for the ones that you have no idea where they are? I know it would have to take someone really strong to be able to deal with a situation such as this.

This is the first Christmas Adji’s family will be without him unless he miraculously shows up by Christmas morning. But life has to go on for his mother for the sake of her 7 month old daughter. This will be her first Christmas so I am sure Adji’s mother is torn apart this year. Marie Neida, 36 years old says “I miss my son. My heart is very sad. I need to see him again.”

Collier County sheriff’s Sgt. Ken Becker said that his office and agents from the FBI have continued to follow up on tips regarding the boy’s whereabouts. He says the holidays will also be hard on the officers that have been working on this case from the beginning.

“It’s tough not only as law enforcement officers, but most of the people involved are parents,” he said. “As time goes by, it does make it more difficult.” Becker gives his word though as he says, “We’re never going to give up hope.”

Little Adji’s disappearance didn’t get much continuous publicity although he was featured on America’s Most Wanted in February and in the December 5th issue of People’s Magazine he was one of six missing children featured on the cover of the magazine along with his story in the story “Vanished Without a Trace: Heartbreak & Hope that was published inside the magazine.

His picture was also featured on a national direct-mail advertising flier that went out to 75 million homes across the U.S. from November 8th through December 13th. Robert Lowery, the executive director for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Missing Children division said, “We were able to get a lot of exposure for the case.

Becker says they are getting more tips after the magazine was published and other publicly covered events concerning Adji. “Unfortunately none of these tips we got look like they are going to lead us to Adji,” said Becker. “But we are following up on them.”

Adji is developmentally disabled and functions on a level of a 2 year old and he is only able to speak about five words of English and he can understand Creole but can’t speak it. He does recognize his name when it is called out though.

Neida says she is just thankful for all the help everyone has given her and her family from her community. “Thank you! Thank you so very much,” she said.

Marie Neida, I don’t know if you will see this article or not but in the case you do please know I include your little precious son in my prayers every night to be found. My prayers are with you and your family also to help you get through this holiday season. My heart goes out to you. God Bless you all.

To all that is reading this right now, please remember Adji and all the others. Remember the brothers and sisters that are at home waiting for their sibling to be found too. Their Christmas won’t be the same either so please keep them in your prayers as well. My prayer list includes Caylee Anthony (found dead), Adji Desir (remains missing), Haleigh Cummings (remains missing), Somer Thompson (found dead), Elizabeth Olten (found dead) , Masaraha Ross (remains missing), Alex Mercado (drowned) Rebecca Marie Allen (found alive), Sandra Cantu (found dead), Anthony Holland (found alive), Shaniya Davis (found dead), Hassani Campbell (remains missing), Giovanni Gonzalez (reported dead), Nevaeh Buchanan ( found dead) and Shannon Dedrick (found alive), Angel Miguel Perez (found safe) Luis Martinez (found dead) Luke Finch (found alive), Kayvon Lewis (fighting for his life), Andrue Jankwitz and Nathaneal Hale (found safe), Robert Manwill (killed), Conner Conley (killed) and Marc Anthony Bookal (missing).

God bless these children and their families as well.

Jan Barrett

As a favor to our readers I am posting these web sites. Please consider signing these petitions. Something has got to be done to protect the future of the world which is our children:

Stop the abuse and murder of the children in the U.S.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/16/stop-the-abuse-and-murder-of-the-children-in-the-us

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/change-sex-offender-laws

http://www.bloggernews.net/123309
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Whatever happened to? Investigation into missing Adji Desir of Immokalee

http://www.marconews.com/news/2009/dec/19/whatever-happened-investigation-missing-adji-desir/

Editor’s note: This is one of a series of articles about people and issues that were in the news in 2009, but haven’t been recently. Have a story suggestion? Post it below this story at naplesnews.com.

IMMOKALEE _ Christmas for the family of Adji Desir will be bittersweet this year.

The family members will mourn their first holiday season without Adji and celebrate his seven-month-old sister Adjiani’s first.

“I miss my son,” said Marie Neida, 36. “My heart is very sad. I need to see him again.”

It’s been 11 months since the now 7-year-old Adji was last seen playing outside of his grandmother’s house in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, while his mother was at work.

A week-long intensive search by roughly 300 statewide law enforcement officials -- 100 of which were Collier County deputies -- with ATVs, bloodhounds and boats didn’t find the developmentally challenged boy.

Since then, Collier County sheriff’s Sgt. Ken Becker said, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office and agents from the FBI have continued to follow up on tips regarding the boy’s whereabouts.

Becker said the holiday season also will be hard for those who have been working the case since the night Adji vanished.

“It’s tough not only as law enforcement officers, but most of the people involved are parents,” he said. “As time goes by, it does make it more difficult.”

Three months after Adji went missing, nationally known psychic Gale St. John toured Immokalee and Farm Worker Village. But whatever tips she gave investigators, they didn't lead to Adji.

With every month’s passing, Becker said, authorities have become more and more dependent on assistance from the public to try to crack the case.

“We’re never going to give up hope,” he said.

But after initially receiving between 400 and 500 tips soon after Adji’s disappearance, the number of leads coming in fell to just a trickle in October.

Adji’s disappearance did garner national attention and was featured on America’s Most Wanted in January, February and most recently on Dec. 5. He also was one of six missing children appearing on the cover of People magazine’s “Vanished Without a Trace: Heartbreak & Hope,” issue in November, which featured the stories of young people who disappeared this year.

The magazine story was prompted by the August rescue of Jaycee Dugard, who was abducted in 1991 when she was 11 years old and held captive for 18 years in the California home of her alleged kidnappers, Phillip and Nancy Garrido.

In addition, Adji’s photo was featured on a national direct-mail advertising flier distributed to 75 million homes across the United States from Nov. 8 through Dec. 13.

“We were able to get a lot of exposure for the case,” said Robert Lowery, executive director for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Missing Children division.

Between the mailing campaign and the People magazine article, Becker said another 40 to 50 tips were received.

“Unfortunately none of the tips we got look like they are going to lead us to Adji,” Becker said. “But we are following up on them.”

And with fliers with Adji’s information still hanging across many businesses in Collier County and nationwide, officials hope to keep Adji in people’s thoughts.

“I think it’s vitally important that people remember Adji,” Lowery said.

Through it all, Neida said she is grateful for all the help and support the community has given her family.

“Thank you! Thank you so much,” she said.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 Empty One year later, family and community still has hope of finding Adji Desir

Post by Justice4all Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:00 pm

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/jan/07/one-year-later-family-and-community-still-has-hope/

The picture of the smiling boy hangs prominently in Marie Neida and Antal Elant’s Immokalee home.

It’s one of the many daily reminders of what they’ve lost and pray to someday regain.

“I feel that they will find him one day,” said Elant, 42. “Everyday I go out and I think I will get the call that they’ve found Adji... we must have patience.”

On Sunday, it will have been a year since the now 7-year-old Adji Desir was last seen playing outside his grandmother’s house in Farm Workers Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, 2009, while his mother was at work.

What followed was a week-long intensive search by thousands of area residents, and roughly 300 statewide law enforcement officials — 100 of which were Collier County deputies — with ATV’s, bloodhounds and boats. No one found the developmentally-challenged boy, or even a trace of him.

Since then, Collier County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Ken Becker said his agency and FBI agents have continued to follow-up on any tips as to boy’s whereabouts.

For the family, the day Adji went missing started like any other weekend.

Adji spent most of that Saturday with his grandmother Jesula Thebaud, 56, who lived off Grace Court in Farm Workers Village.

The youngster went in and out of her house several times, playing with neighborhood friends and eating lunch with his grandmother.

However, it wasn’t until Elant, the boy’s stepfather, arrived to pick up Adji around 5 p.m. that afternoon that the family realized he was missing.

Neida, 37, didn’t learn her son was missing until she came home from work at midnight and found her family members in tears.

“I’m always on my bed crying, and I pray. I don’t know what more I can ask the Lord,” said Neida in her Immokalee home Wednesday. “Give me a chance. Give me my son back.”

But like many missing children’s cases, after the initial influx of between 400 and 500 tips, the number of leads soon after Adji’s disappearance began to wane.

Never really the same

On Wednesday, Farm Workers Village residents recalled the emotions they felt when they learned one of their own had gone missing a year ago.

“I don’t let him play outside anymore,” said 8-year village resident Oralia Mendez, 29, referring to her 7-year-old son. “It’s different.”

Mendez said she remembered the feeling of dread when she found out Adji was missing. Her son, Alejandro, who was friends with Adji, remains scared of being snatched himself.

Changes have been subtle over the past year, said Roberta Peña, but the biggest difference in the community has been that parents have stepped up their vigilance.

“Parents are more cautious,” said Peña, returning from walking her 8-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter to Village Oaks Elementary.

She said Adji’s disappearance made her reconsider when and where her kids could play, because her home is near the main road that leads “in and out” of Farm Workers Village.

“It’s scary because a car could stop, take a child and be gone before you realized which car took your kid,” Peña said.

Peña said her initial reaction was utter disbelief when she heard a child in her neighborhood was missing last year.

“To this day we can’t believe it,” she said. “You know evil exists, but you don’t expect it near home. You say to yourself, ‘In our calm community? Where our kids played and could go anywhere while still feeling safe?’”

It’s not like that anymore.

“Kids don’t go out on their own anymore,” said Peña. “You don’t even see kids walking on their own to school. They walk in groups.”

In addition to changing the village, Adji’s disappearance also garnered national attention and was featured on America’s Most Wanted in January, February and most recently on Dec. 5.

He was also one of six missing children appearing on the cover of People magazine’s “Vanished Without a Trace: Heartbreak & Hope,” issue in November, which featured the stories of young people who disappeared in 2009.

In addition with the help of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Adji’s photo was featured on national direct-mail advertising fliers distributed to 75 million homes across the United States from Nov. 8 through Dec. 13.

Law enforcement officials said that thanks to the mailing campaign and the People magazine article, 40 to 50 tips came in, but none led to Adji.

With fliers containing Adji’s information still hanging across many businesses in Collier County and nationwide, Becker said he believes the one tip that will lead to Adji is still out there.

“We need people to come forward and let those facts be known,” he said. “I have to believe someone in the community knows something.”

A family copes

Mornings at Adji’s home are busy these days.

Eight months ago, Neida and Elant welcomed a baby girl, who they named Adjiani in honor of her missing brother.

Elant takes care of rambunctious Adjiani, while Neida works as a certified nursing assistant during the day in Naples. They trade off in the afternoon, when Elant heads to work at a Naples eatery.

The continued support from the community and law enforcement officials has been very appreciated by the family.

But the disappearance has taken an immense emotional and physical toll on everyone, Neida said.

Thebaud no longer lives in Farm Workers Village, and has recently moved into the couple’s home after spending 12 days in the hospital with kidney problems.

As for herself, Neida said depression and stress plagued her for months, but that she is working through it for her family.

“Everyday, every night, every second I dream and think of where I can find Adji,” said Neida. “Now the Lord gave me Adjiani. I have to take care of her and keep her safe.”

However, the pain of her missing first-born has not dulled.

“My pain over Adji is never, never gone,” she said.

Although Adji is still missing, Elant said hope is not gone.

It’s a wish fervently shared by his wife.

“I hope that he will come back,” she said.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:00 am

Adji went missing one year ago today. I pray that one day he will be found safe and be reunited with his family.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 pm

I am praying for the family that one day they may know what happened. Maybe he will be found ok like Jaycee. We can only hope and keep his picture out there.
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Two years and no sign of Adji Desir, Collier deputies hope for new tip

By ELYSA BATISTA
Naples Daily News
Posted January 7, 2011 at 9:06 p.m.

Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 11010710

IMMOKALEE — It’s a plea Marie Neida has been making for two years.

“Please, I ask everyone … Please give me your help! Help me find Adji,” Neida said in soft voice. “I hope the police can find Adji. Please help me find my son.”

Two years after Adji Desir went missing from his grandmother’s Farm Workers Village home, investigators are no closer to finding out what happened to the autistic child.

However, Adji’s family, law enforcement officials and Immokalee residents all hold out hope that the now 8-year-old will come home soon.

On Monday, it will have been two years since Adji was last seen playing outside his grandmother’s house in Farm Workers Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, 2009, while his mother was at work.

People from law enforcement and other agencies around Florida — including hundreds of Collier deputies — joined in an intensive week-long search with ATVs, bloodhounds and boats. No one found the developmentally challenged boy, or even a trace of him.

Collier County sheriff’s investigators fielded hundreds of tips in the weeks after Adji’s disappearance, but the number of tips dwindled by fall 2009.

“Any long-term investigation obviously has its ups and downs,” Collier County sheriff’s Sgt. Ken Becker said Friday.

Read more: http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/jan/07/immokalee-adji-desir-missing-child-two-years-tips/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:08 pm

Adji, I think of you often.

I am very disappointed that your case got very little media time. Maybe with a lot of air (TV) time someone would have remembered seeing something when you just "disappeared!"

Hope you are found soon and brought home!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Two long years and still nothing. I hope he's brought home soon. Gone without trace.....
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Adji Desir -- Missing 1/10/09 Empty Search for Adji: New fliers created to bring new leads in case of missing 8-year-old

Post by FystyAngel Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Search for Adji: New fliers created to bring new leads in case of missing 8-year-old
Posted January 11, 2011

IMMOKALEE — Two years after the disappearance of Adji Desir, officials remain optimistic for the safe return the 8-year-old boy.

On Tuesday morning, Collier County Sheriff’s detectives, along with agents from the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement went door-to-door in Farm Workers Village and the Immokalee community, handing out several hundred updated fliers about Adji’s 2009 disappearance.

The fliers feature an image of Desir’s, with text in English, Creole and Spanish urging anyone who may have information about his disappearance to become a part of the Triangle of Trust, a partnership between law enforcement, the community and Desir’s family.

The Triangle of Trust is a relatively new program that was launched by Collier County sheriff’s Sgt. Ken Becker. The Triangle of Trust emphasizes the importance of the community’s trust with law enforcement to help close cases like Adji’s, Becker said.

“I had been through training recently and heard there needs to be a ‘triangle of trust,’ and I thought it would be good to incorporate that phrase into this case,” he said. “Without help from the community, we’re going to have a hard time.”

Becker, who has been involved in the case since the night Adji was reported missing on January 10, 2009, said between 400 to 500 fliers were distributed on Tuesday.

“There are 350 residents that are occupied (at Farm Workers Village),” Becker said. “We either spoke or left a flier with all of them.”

http://www.marconews.com/news/2011/jan/11/search-adji-new-fliers-created-bring-new-ledes-cas/