Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amber Dubois -- Found Deceased 3/6/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Amber

+6
Cali
randilynn
Julie
pi-girl
Piper
Justice4all
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amber Dubois -- Found Deceased 3/6/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Amber - Page 2 Empty Re: Amber Dubois -- Found Deceased 3/6/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Amber

Post by Piper Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 am

I like the wolf theme her mother has used throughout the site in honor of Amber.

If we could live like wolves,
we would never hate our brothers
and sisters just for being of different colors.
We would live together in harrmony,
knowing that the well-being of the others
would be the basis of our own well- being.
We would care for each other
no matter whether young or old or healthy or sick.
We would have a sensible order.
We would look after nature
because we would understand
that we need Her to survive,
and we would kill for one reason only----for food.
What a perfect place earth could be,
If only we could be like wolves
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Amber Dubois -- Found Deceased 3/6/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Amber - Page 2 Empty Re: Amber Dubois -- Found Deceased 3/6/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Amber

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:03 pm

Documentary on the Dubois/King murders to air on Dateline Friday

By J. Harry Jones
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 3:23 p.m.

The NBC television show Dateline will air a two-hour documentary Friday night about the murders of Amber Dubois and Chelsea King.

The show will air at 8 p.m. Friday on NBC 7/39.

The documentary is the first of at least two that have been produced about the case. In addition, at least one book by local crime author Caitlin Rother is being written.

Read more: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/sep/21/documentary-duboisking-murders-air-dateline-friday/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 pm

I really want to watch this..... Gardner is a real piece of work.

Thank you for the heads up, J4A.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:53 pm

I watched "In Broad Daylight" on TV the other night...... it was very good, yet heartbreaking all over again. Sad
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Amber Dubois' birthday to be celebrated tonight

By J. Harry Jones
Monday, October 25, 2010 at 10:24 a.m.

Amber Dubois -- Found Deceased 3/6/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Amber - Page 2 E2338910

ESCONDIDO — Today would have been Amber Dubois' 16th birthday.

To honor her memory Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, is inviting the public to a gathering at 8:30 p.m. at the spot in Escondido where Amber was abducted on Feb. 13, 2009 by John Gardner.

McGonigle said she has asked sixteen of Amber's special friends to share memories of her daughter at that time.

Read more: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/25/amber-dubois-birthday-be-celebrated-tonight/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Teen girl's killer to speak on TV

By MICHAEL MELLO
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

~Snipped~

Saturday's "48 Hours Mystery" features interviews with Moe DuBois, who is Amber's father, Carrie McGonagle, who is Amber's mother, and a prison interview with John Gardner, the man who murdered her.

He talks about first seeing her on her way to school and how he got her into his car. Gardner, a sex offender, was on parole at the time.

The following is an excerpt of Gardner's interview, provided by "48 Hours Mystery."

"I passed her driving down the street. And that's the first time I saw her. I pulled up next to her with the windows down on the car. I had the knife out and visible. And told her that I also had a gun. And to get in the car or it was going to be a lot worse.

"She actually looked at me in kinda shock and disbelief. And asked me if I was kidding. And I raised my voice and yelled, 'No, get the 'F' in the car.' I drove to the remote area. On driving I put the music on. She wanted to hear music so that she could pretend she wasn't there."

Read more: http://www.ocregister.com/news/dubois-274520-gardner-amber.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Here is a link to the entire 48 Hours episode from last night.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7030122n

I feel bad for Amber's stepfather. He was a person of interest until Gardner led authorities to her remains in exchange for the death penalty being taken off the table.

It looked bad for her stepfather Dave because he wasn't getting along with Amber for most of the month before she went missing. He claimed they called a truce the night before she went missing. The day she went missing, he skipped work and said he went to the gym, and then came home and did his taxes. He also missed a message from the school's secretary saying that Amber didn't show up at school.

Amber's mom was even suspicious of him. She said Dave doesn't celebrate Valentine's Day, but he showed up at her work that day, one day before Valentine's Day, with chocolate covered strawberries and some roses and hung around for 45 minutes.

Amber's mom moved out six weeks after Amber disappeared and Dave ended up taking eight polygraph exams. He probably would have been a person of interest until the day he died if Gardner hadn't led police to her remains.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 am

Justice4all wrote:Here is a link to the entire 48 Hours episode from last night.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7030122n

I feel bad for Amber's stepfather. He was a person of interest until Gardner led authorities to her remains in exchange for the death penalty being taken off the table.

It looked bad for her stepfather Dave because he wasn't getting along with Amber for most of the month before she went missing. He claimed they called a truce the night before she went missing. The day she went missing, he skipped work and said he went to the gym, and then came home and did his taxes. He also missed a message from the school's secretary saying that Amber didn't show up at school.

Amber's mom was even suspicious of him. She said Dave doesn't celebrate Valentine's Day, but he showed up at her work that day, one day before Valentine's Day, with chocolate covered strawberries and some roses and hung around for 45 minutes.

Amber's mom moved out six weeks after Amber disappeared and Dave ended up taking eight polygraph exams. He probably would have been a person of interest until the day he died if Gardner hadn't led police to her remains.

---------------------------------

The failed polygraph came FIRST .....the beginning of the battery of EIGHT failed polys...

Carrie cud not get past the failed poly which seemed to vvalidate the set of circumstances..

No on will know, but I rteally wonder .. If Dave passed, I wonder if Carrie cud have found solace in that..If LE didnt influence and imply Daves involvement because of the failed poly.. cud she have gone past it??

Even though for this family, nothing matters now.. ruined lives... a teenage girl gone, and the family around her all ripped apart because of allegations and suspicioins all caused by LE and their implications becasue of the polygraph...

I really wonder when a large majority of ppl are going to really study and research this horrid inaccurate joke of a procedurre that stones ppl to death and lets LE off the hook for thorough investigations as they get to look up and investigate rumours and lifestyles of ones loved ones and let the media attention do them in ..then arrest them on something (i suspect it wont be long before we hear TH is arrested .. jmo though)

Its bad enough that the family wud have never beena ble to recover from such a senseloss loss, but they may have been able to struggle together...But with the damage the poly did .. Thats lost too...

How sad... how sad is it for Dave that he prolly cudnt even grieve for all the losses he was enduring while he was fighting to keep his freedom...

This case is not unusual, in fact it is typical.. It is the ppl who need to start . We need to throw away polys where the influence of them doesnt exist ... We need to stop playing the game where LE form their opinion and do the test and the resulsta re what they want them to be...

Enough is enough..

God Bless the Amber and her family...

To think that monster is going to be fed and kept warm makes me throw up..

~Snipped~

Within days of Amber Dubois’ disappearance, Escondido police start zeroing in on Dave Cave, the man the missing 14-year-old called her stepfather.

"When I went in for the original interview with police, they took pictures of my hands. Take your shirt off, picture of arms, my back, my chest… to make sure I didn’t have any marks on me."

"Did detectives ask you the question directly - did you kill Amber?" Troy Roberts asks.

"They never… I don’t think they used the word kill. They asked directly, 'Do you know Amber’s whereabouts. Do you know anything about Amber’s disappearance.' Things like that. And in the polygraph test they asked questions like that."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/06/48hours/main7030387_page2.shtml

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO TOSS POLYGRAPHS IN THE TRASH...?

How many of these examples to we need to see before we can say BURN THE POLYGRAPHS ... They are more harmful than good.. They distract from monsters and peds, and allow LE to cast suspicion to the spouse/mother/GF/BF and allow a non investigation to happen and allow innconet ppl to be framed ... It osnt right.. There is something wrong with this and WE are allowing it to happen..

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:54 pm

I must have missed where it said Dave failed the polygraph tests. I wasn't sure if he had failed or if he passed and LE kept badgering him anyway.

It is sad that LE had nothing besides their suspicion of Dave. They didn't have a clue who took Amber or what happened to her. Amber's mother came closer to solving the case when she hired the team of search and recovery dogs and they led searchers within a mile of Amber's remains. This would probably still be a cold case if Gardner hadn't used it as a bargaining chip to avoid the death penalty.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:56 am

Unfortunately, the diversion from his normal activity that day made him look suspicious. I agree, if Gardner hadn't confessed I believe Dave would still be suspect.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Justice4all wrote:I must have missed where it said Dave failed the polygraph tests. I wasn't sure if he had failed or if he passed and LE kept badgering him anyway.

It is sad that LE had nothing besides their suspicion of Dave. They didn't have a clue who took Amber or what happened to her. Amber's mother came closer to solving the case when she hired the team of search and recovery dogs and they led searchers within a mile of Amber's remains. This would probably still be a cold case if Gardner hadn't used it as a bargaining chip to avoid the death penalty.

----------------------------------------------
and failed polys to help manipulate their beliefs...

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Amber Dubois' mother, grandmother to go on TV

By J. Harry Jones
Friday, November 12, 2010 at 9:55 a.m.

ESCONDIDO — The mother and grandmother of Amber Dubois, the Escondido girl killed last year by John Gardner, will appear on “Issues with Jane Valez-Mitchell” on CNN’s HLN network this afternoon at 4 p.m. Pacific/7 p.m. Eastern.

Both Sheila Welch and her daughter, Carrie McGonigle, were very upset by a “48 Hours” episode aired last Saturday night because CBS included in the broadcast an interview with Gardner conducted shortly after he was sentenced in May. Both women plan to express their outrage today with the decision to air Gardner’s comments.

Read more: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/12/upset-gardner-interview-amber-dubois-mother-and-gr/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I generally try to watch or at least listen to JVM. I wondered how the families felt about Gardner's TV spot. I don't blame them for being upset.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:43 am

Amber's parents search for solace two years later

Father works for legislative change, mother formed search group

By Michael Gardner and J. Harry Jones
Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 12:01 a.m.

For 13 months they lived the hell of not knowing what happened to their daughter, Amber Dubois.

“Every day of not knowing is devastating,” Moe Dubois said. “Every day of not knowing is equal to a month of knowing.”

“It’s 100 times worse,” said Amber’s mother, Carrie McGonigle. “Your mind plays such games with you. I never lost my faith that she was still alive, but then all my thoughts would go from there: What’s happening to her? How much is she suffering?

Read more: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/feb/13/amber-dubois-parents-search-solace/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:42 pm

I don't know how these parents ever find complete peace or solace. Reaching out to others to help would be a form of comfort.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks for the updated article, Justice. What a sad case. At least Gardner won't be free to rape and kill again.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Billie Jean Dunn and Carrie Mcgonigle ( Amber Dubois mother ) will be among the guests on the Blog Talk Radio - Websleuth's Radio Show on Sunday, 2-12-12.

The following is a direct link with info from the radio show site:
~~~~~

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/02/13/websleuths-radio
Blog Talk Radio - Websleuth's Radio Show

Join us as we welcome Billie Dunn. Billie is the mother of missing Hailey Dunn. Also joining us is Carrie Mcgonigle ( Amber Dubois mother )

And much more . . .

Sunday, 2-12-12 at 8 p.m. EST/7 p.m. CST
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:55 am

CRIME: 'Lost Girls' takes a hard look at man who killed Amber Dubois and Chelsea King

New book offers insight into rapist-killer John Gardner

By TERI FIGUEROA
North County Times - Escondido, CA

July 1, 2012

Amber Dubois -- Found Deceased 3/6/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Amber - Page 2 4ff128d548810.preview-620
Cover art of Caitlin Rother's new book, "Lost Girls," which details
the life and crimes of John Gardner.

John Albert Gardner III said he enjoyed raping. As for killing, it was more of a necessity.

Gardner's admissions came during his interview with local author Caitlin Rother for her new book, "Lost Girls," which takes a hard look at Gardner, his lack of impulse control and the genetic and environmental factors that served as a recipe to make a monster, as well as the failures of the criminal justice system to stop him.

"Lost Girls" offers new insight into Gardner, now 33, who raped and stabbed to death Amber Dubois in February 2009 and raped and killed Chelsea King a year later.

Read more:

http://www.nctimes.com/entertainment/books-and-literature/crime-lost-girls-takes-a-hard-look-at-man-who/article_551e9895-f55a-5c07-9931-75e18aa05e52.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Amber Dubois' Mother Confronts 'Lost Girls' Author

Carrie McGonigle, mother of murdered teenager Amber Dubois, came face-to-face Thursday with the author of a new book that details her daughter’s death and the murder of Chelsea King

By Tony Shin, Monica Garske and Lauren Steussy
Friday, Jul 6, 2012 Updated 10:07 AM PDT

View more videos at: http://nbcsandiego.com.

The mother of murdered North County teenager Amber Dubois confronted the author of a new book Thursday that details the death of her daughter, as well as the murder of teenager Chelsea King.

Author Caitlin Rother released “Lost Girls” Tuesday, a book detailing the murders of the two local teenage girls. The book was written without the permission of the families and includes a 15-page interview with the man who killed the teens, John Gardner.

Read more: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Amber-Dubois-Mother-Confronts-Lost-Girls-Author-161531275.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2