Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09

+6
Justice4all
LCoastMom
Ann - Tx
Piper
KariBear
Snaz
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 Empty Re: Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 23, 2011 2:16 am

Hi Ann and Tori

Tori you are making me blush - cut that out. I'm just so happy that the pins were received in the spirit they were intended - I'm so touched that Anthony and his family wanted to wear the pins too. You'll have your replacement soon.

Ann that is a beautiful memorial page - Emma's friend AX7Mommy made a similar page for Emma - here's the link:

http://emma-barker.last-memories.com/

AX7 has so many pictures of our precious girl on her site...

Here's the link at Find A Grave:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSmid=47128025&GRid=35323144&

Anyone who saw the mess of a weed garden Emma was dumped in will be happy to know the lot was cleared shortly after the crime scene was cleared and it has been kept up ever since. I believe the photo was taken last year.

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 Emma%20Sylmar%20Shrin5585
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 Empty Re: Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 23, 2011 3:28 am

LCoastMom, thanks for the Links! Just beautiful!

LCoastMom, this is Emma's thread. Please feel free to post pics, videos, or whatever on her thread.

You, Toria and friends are welcomed to make this thread come alive for Emma! Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 23, 2011 3:30 am

LCM, it is so nice to know that the area where Emma was tossed has been cleaned up and is being maintained. What a lovely memorial in memory of Emma.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 Picture

Precious Emma Leigh

~ ~ ~ Justice For Emma Leigh ~ ~ ~
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon May 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi Toria and welcome to RC! I'm so happy to see that you have followed LCoastMom here. The dedication that you, LCoastMom and the others have shown in regards to justice for Emma Leigh is more than admirable. I greatly appreciate all your efforts and keeping the rest of us informed in this horrific case.

Looking at all the pictures of beautiful Emma and memorial videos makes my heart hurt. She was loved by many and taken out of this world by the one person that should have protected her from any harm.

LCoastMom ~ I love the ladybug pin story! You're awesome, kind and very thoughtful!

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMZr1pK_D3RTF4SiVtjatf6Q5kJ9zs-hMjs_QJxZ9VUheu0xwpxQ&t=1
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon May 23, 2011 4:54 pm

I love the pics LCoastMom posted, and I love the Emma ladybug that Piper posted.

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 Empty Precious Emma Leigh

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 35323144_130618456554Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 35323144_130618445197Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 35323144_130618501279

I'm not good at waiting... Here are some more pictures of Emma.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Piper wrote:Hi Toria and welcome to RC! I'm so happy to see that you have followed LCoastMom here. The dedication that you, LCoastMom and the others have shown in regards to justice for Emma Leigh is more than admirable. I greatly appreciate all your efforts and keeping the rest of us informed in this horrific case.

Looking at all the pictures of beautiful Emma and memorial videos makes my heart hurt. She was loved by many and taken out of this world by the one person that should have protected her from any harm.

LCoastMom ~ I love the ladybug pin story! You're awesome, kind and very thoughtful!

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMZr1pK_D3RTF4SiVtjatf6Q5kJ9zs-hMjs_QJxZ9VUheu0xwpxQ&t=1

Thank you Piper! Look at the adorable Emma-Bug!
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 23, 2011 6:37 pm

LCoastMom, I love the pics you posted of Emma.

Piper, I love the ladybug/Emma pic.

Wow! This thread is coming alive for Emma!

LCoastMom, if Piper has time and you provide her pics of Emma, maybe Piper can make an "In Memory of Emma Leigh Barker" video. Piper is very creative and does beautiful videos. LCM, you are very close to this case and I am sure you could suggest a beautiful song for the video. If not, Piper has several that she uses when making the memorial videos.

Piper made several beautiful videos for Emma Thompson. She made a very beautiful video in memory of Jonathan Foster and perhaps others on Reality Chatter. They are posted to YouTube and posted on Reality Chatter.

I think you and Piper should get together and discuss it via PM.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon May 23, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 23, 2011 6:39 pm

LCoastMom, thank you for sharing the pics of Emma! Pics are what makes a thread "come alive."

Keep them coming!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 8daa3c7d20a92284d177fde9e3eb3659Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 De59f75debc8d2ee555f36e7a9eb5503Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 Picture

These pictures are from Emma's 1st Birthday...
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:LCoastMom, I love the pics you posted of Emma.

Piper, I love the ladybug/Emma pic.

Wow! This thread is coming alive for Emma!

LCoastMom, if Piper has time and you provide her pics of Emma, maybe Piper can make an "In Memory of Emma Leigh Barker" video. Piper is very creative and does beautiful videos. LCM, you are very close to this case and I am sure you could suggest a beautiful song for the video. If not, Piper has several that she uses when making the memorial videos.

Piper made several beautiful videos for Emma Thompson. She made a very beautiful video in memory of Jonathan Foster and perhaps others on Reality Chatter. They are posted to YouTube and posted on Reality Chatter.

I think you and Piper should get together and discuss it via PM.

If Piper has time that would be lovely - I have lot's of photos of Emma.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 23, 2011 7:29 pm

LCoastMom, I PMed Piper to let her know that you do have lots of pics of Emma. Be thinking of the intro, song, and close. Piper is a joy to work with. You and her can PM and "git 'er done!"

Like I said, Piper did 3 videos for Emma with limited pictures. She had to screen shot most of the pics. Some were provided by a family member after Coe's trial if I remember correctly.

I do not know Piper's schedule. She works full time. I do hope that she will be able to make a video in memory of Emma. She will love it because she will not have to do screen shots of media pics. You have them ready to go and a lot of pics of Emma!

Knowing Piper, she will be so excited. She'll be jumping up and down: bounce

Sometimes a person just has to have a sense of humor!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 23, 2011 8:50 pm

LCoastMom, I got a response from Piper and she said she would love to make a memorial video for Emma!

Right now Piper is having severe thunderstorms and tornadoes in her area. She would like for you to PM her and you and her can discuss this project!

Please suggest a song to Piper. You, Toria and the other California ladies probably know the perfect song for the Emma video. Also, suggest what you would like for the intro statement to be as well as the closing of the video.

Piper will depend on you for your input. You all "know" what Emma would like!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Thank you Ann and Piper -

Prayers to you Piper, to get through the storm. I'm going to ask for a few days to get back to you on the video. This trial has drained me in ways I never expected.

I'll be back later tonight with the day's events - nothing yet from the jury.

I hope God will give the jurors strength to get through tonight and the wisdom to comeback with the appropriate charges tomorrow.

~ ~ ~ JUSTICE FOR EMMA LEIGH ~ ~ ~
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 23, 2011 11:49 pm

A long day in Lancaster - Roberto Dager was everything we expected and more...

Dager would have the jury believe that Stacey Barker is a young, stupid, immature young woman who made a mistake when her baby accidentally smothered and she did not call 911, she did not take her to a hospital, she did not even stop her car for 45 minutes to check on her - after she stopped breathing - accidentally.

He called her those names and more today during his closing.

Dager called out Witness X by his given name - then apologized when Ms Cromer objected. He meant to say John Doe... Stacey Barker was an immature little girl sending X love letters, like a 15 year old, trying on X's last name. She just isn't very worldly - book smart, not street smart, he said.

Stacey Barker was brought up by abusive alcoholics - she's quiet and emotionally stifled because of this - stoic is the word he used.

Anthony was not ready to be a father, so somehow it's his fault Emma died.

To demonstrate how people react differently to stress; Dager told a little story about his own 2 year old daughter, playing in the rack at a local discount store - she came out choking on a button and he claims her mother froze in her tracks - his daughter would be dead today if it were not for his heroic actions, jumping in to save his daughter, as bystanders rallied around her mother. (His EX-WIFE who passed away last year and cannot defend herself) Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 916266

If Stacey Barker is guilty why was she not charged with lying to LEOs and desecration of a corpse?

Why didn't the state have Stacey Barker examined by psychologists?

Pat Tillman - gave up a lucrative football career to defend our country - so the jury needs to find Stacey Barker "Not guilty". I kid you not, that's what he said... shifty

When Dager was done, Kelly Cromer came back and told the jury he's just trying to confuse you with things that mean nothing. She was able to put everything in perspective and told the jury to ask for any clarification they find they need.

The jury began deliberating just before 2 PM - at 4:30 they were sent home for the night.

Ange and Tori both said several jurors looked very upset while leaving court. One was openly weeping in the hall, being supported by other jurors as they left.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue May 24, 2011 4:43 am

What a piece of work that guy is. How in the world would Pat Tillman defending our country be grounds for the jury to find Stacey Barker not guilty? The men and women of the military are risking their lives for our freedom, not the freedom of cold blooded killers.

I hope the jury does the right thing and finds Stacy guilty of first degree murder.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Toria Tue May 24, 2011 10:34 am

Thank you girls for the warm welcome, as I told LC, RC is her baby so I will only be here watching the threads and if there is something that I can answer and LC can't I will gladly answer..
I think it's so beautiful that Piper is going to do a Video for Emma, what a wonderful thing to do....
Emma loved the Princesses so maybe a song from one of them would be good to have on the Video, I am sure LC can find one or 2 that is good...
We have no Idea what the Pat Tillman thing was all about but when Kelly Cromer got up to do her rebuttel, she was a little broken up and said "first of all Pat Tillman was a HERO, he fought for our Country and our Freedom, he has nothing to do with this case"
Yeah, Mr. Hero of the day Robert Dager told that stupid story with such drama it made us sick....first, what Mother let's her 2 year old child run around in a big store in and out of clothing racks? my children and Grandchildren were/are put in a basket until they were at least 5 or 6, child preditors are everywhere...2nd any Mother would not just stand there frozen if her child was gasping for breath and looked in distress...3rd PEOPLE in a store would not stand around while a kid is in distress and Mock the Mother and say stupid things to her...like Hey Lady what's wrong with you, watch your kid and why didn't you do something she could have died and you just stand there! I just do NOT believe this story....
He was trying to say that people react different...like SB and some of her family members do....
He Pointed out that they do not cry, they have not cried looking at all the evidence, Pic's and so on but the reason for that was they are STOIC people....yeah, right! I saw Sue and Nick cry.... as LC said he blamed Alcohol on the silence...
Gary told everyone while on the stand that SUE was never a Alcoholic until this happened, so RD is back to throwing people under the bus.....

I am watching the Anthony Opening statements, damn these 2 girls sound so much alike it is sick...I am waiting to hear how she Accidently killed Kaylee... LC I will call you the MIN the Jury comes back!
Talk to you all later...T

Toria

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue May 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Stacey Barker was just convicted of FIRST DEGREE MURDER!! And FOUND GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 35323144_125173955645

RIP EMMA LEIGH BARKER - KNOWING YOU ARE LOVED!
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Toria Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Very Happy YEAH.......GOOD JOB KELLY AND JURORS

Toria

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

I am so glad to hear this verdict LCM. At least one of these trials has ended the way it should. When will they do the sentencing phase?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Thank you LCoastMom for the wonderful news update!

bounce Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 897702

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 pm

June 17th she will be sentenced! We'll be there!!!

Thanks sitemama - it was a very good day for Emma. I wish I could thank all the jurors personally. They took their job to heart and really came through! Cool
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue May 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Julie wrote:Thank you LCoastMom for the wonderful news update!

bounce Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 897702

Great news travels fast around here!! Very Happy
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue May 24, 2011 9:18 pm

This is great news. I'm glad the jury didn't fall for Stacey's half-baked accidental death explanation.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 24, 2011 11:04 pm

LCoastMom wrote:Stacey Barker was just convicted of FIRST DEGREE MURDER!! And FOUND GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!

LCoastMom, thank you for the great news! Also, what a beautiful picture of precious Emma!

I am so happy the jury found Stacey guilty of murder! She has been held accountable for the murder of her precious baby, Emma!

Justice for Emma on this day! Looking forward to June 17th . . . sentencing day!

Precious little Emma Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 643974 ~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, Emma! ~~~ afro Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 643974 afro

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed May 25, 2011 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Wed May 25, 2011 12:32 am

J4A and Ann - thank you!

What a great day for precious Emma!

I'm still smiling! Tired, but smiling... Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 922384

Piper, I hope you are OK! Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 540129
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed May 25, 2011 8:24 am

JUSTICE FOR EMMA LEIGH BARKER!!

This is wonderful news! I know you all must be exhausted. I can only imagine your feelings when the verdict was read, I'm sure it was heartstopping.

Rest in peace, sweet Emma..... afro
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Wed May 25, 2011 9:02 am

Candles for Emma:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ELB
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Toria Wed May 25, 2011 11:37 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
LCoastMom wrote:Stacey Barker was just convicted of FIRST DEGREE MURDER!! And FOUND GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!

LCoastMom, thank you for the great news! Also, what a beautiful picture of precious Emma!

I am so happy the jury found Stacey guilty of murder! She has been held accountable for the murder of her precious baby, Emma!

Justice for Emma on this day! Looking forward to June 17th . . . sentencing day!

Precious little Emma Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 643974 ~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, Emma! ~~~ afro Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 643974 afro

tongue Very Happy Very Happy
SHE WILL NEVER GET WHAT SHE DESERVES BUT THIS IS A SMALL VICTORY FOR EMMA...
I can't help but smiling everytime I see the picture above, it is like Emma is happy with the verdict also.....
Great Job LC...Mamas you are the bestest! luv ya friend and can't wait to see you at sentencing...June 17th...T

Toria

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Wed May 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 5f8230b53d727a2171454fc347e06470
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Hi, LCoastMom!

You are awesome! Thank you for setting up a dedicated page for Emma at Gratefulness.org/Candles.

I lit a candle for Emma. Initial: AnnTx
~~~~~~

I urge all readers and members or RC to please light a candle for Emma. It is simple, lovely and does not cost a thing.

Thank you in advance!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi Ann & LCM. I too have lit a candle for sweet Emma.

Thank God he has her in his arms now, and she will never be hurt again.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 pm

I just lit a candle for Emma too.

afro
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 pm

LCoastMom, thank you for posting all of the beautiful pics of precious Emma! You have made this thread come alive for Emma!

Toria, thank you for joining RC and posting on Emma's thread.

I would like to thank you and your friends for attending Stacey Barker's trial and prior Hearings. Thanks to all of you, LCoastMom and Katfish for ensuring Emma's story would be told!

I appreciate all of you sharing information about the trial of Stacey Barker! Emma's story has been told better than if main stream media was covering the trial.

All of you are awesome and this is for you: Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 541830 Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 803492

For Emma: afro Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 643974 sucker ~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, precious Emma! ~ ~ ~
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 25, 2011 11:50 pm

Wow! I knew I could count on the great friends of Reality Chatter! Thanks for lighting a candle in memory of Emma!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 26, 2011 12:35 am

I posted the following comment at The Hinky Meter by Valhall on Page 16 of Developing Stories:
~~~~~

RE: Emma Leigh Barker, 18 month old murdered by her mother, Stacey Barker - CA

LCoastMom set up a dedicated page at Gratefulness.org/Candles in memory of:
Emma Leigh Barker -ELB.

Please take the time to light a candle in memory of precious Emma. It is a lovely experience and you can light a candle at no cost. It is free!

What a lovely way to remember precious little Emma whose mother took her (Emma's) life because apparently she loved her boyfriend and the party lifestyle more than she loved Emma.

You can click on the candles and see the message others left for Emma.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to remember precious Emma!

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ELB
gratefulness.org/Candles - Group *ELB* Candles sponsored by LCoastMom
~~~~~

Main stream media in CA did not cover the trial of Stacey Barker. A dedicated group of ladies attended the trial and LCoastMom updated Emma's thread at Reality Chatter (RC) during the trial. Emma's story did get told; better than if main stream media would have covered the trial!

LCoast Mom has made Emma's thread come alive with some of the pictures she has of Emma and so kindly posted to Emma's thread.

If you would like to read about the tragic death of Emma Leigh Barker and the trial of her mother, Stacey Barker, please click on the Link to Emma's thread at RC:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t2208-emm ... ed-3-18-09
Reality Chatter Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09
~~~

Emma Leigh Barker . . . Gone ~ ~ ~ but not forgotten!
--------------------------------
Above comment posted at:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1049&p=96938#p96938
The Hinky Meter by Valhall - Developing Stories/ Page 16
See: Ann-Tx Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Fri May 27, 2011 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 26, 2011 12:42 am

A very special thanks to Valhall of The Hinky Meter for so kindly allowing me to post info about the Stacey Barker Trial with Link backs to Reality Chatter and Katfish Ponders.

Also, for allowing K Z of The Hinky Meter to post some pictures of Emma Leigh Barker.

All above referenced are posted on the Developing Stories thread at The Hinky Meter.

Because of the high readership of The Hinky, hopefully many more folks now know about Emma Leigh Barker's horrific death and the recent murder conviction of her mother Stacey Barker.

For Valhall and K Z: Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 541830 Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu May 26, 2011 4:15 am

Ann - Tx wrote:LCoastMom, thank you for posting all of the beautiful pics of precious Emma! You have made this thread come alive for Emma!

I would like to thank you and your friends for attending Stacey Barker's trial and prior Hearings. Thanks to all of you, LCoastMom and Katfish for ensuring Emma's story would be told!

I appreciate all of you sharing information about the trial of Stacey Barker! Emma's story has been told better than if main stream media was covering the trial.

All of you are awesome and this is for you: Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 541830 Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 803492

For Emma: afro Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 643974 sucker ~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, precious Emma! ~ ~ ~
I would also like to thank LCoastMom for posting updates from the trial here. I finally saw a main stream media article yesterday, but it had so little information compared to what LCoastMom gave us that I didn't bother posting it.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Thu May 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Thank you all for caring so much about little Emma Leigh. I was so delighted when I went to gratefulness-candle to light a new one and saw so many candles lit for precious Emma and even recognized many of the tags - thank you you have touched my heart, all of you.

Ann - you have done an amazing job keeping Emma's name out there - I'm so proud to know you and to play a small part in helping.

KTLA news did a tiny blip on the verdict. I checked it out with the intent of sharing the link. I was so disgusted by the reporter's rehash of old information that I won't send anyone to the site, although I did give them my opinion that they are slacking... (they didn't even update the possible sentence, they gave the 25 to life which was the max for 2nd degree. She can now get LIFE / no parole).
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Thu May 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Justice4all wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:LCoastMom, thank you for posting all of the beautiful pics of precious Emma! You have made this thread come alive for Emma!

I would also like to thank LCoastMom for posting updates from the trial here. I finally saw a main stream media article yesterday, but it had so little information compared to what LCoastMom gave us that I didn't bother posting it.

J4A - thank you for letting me share Emma's story here - if I had to keep that all inside I would have been a mess!

I didn't see your post before writing my own. If it was the same one I read - it just made me angry that they even bothered. Claiming Emma died in March without adding the year - it was a repost from 2008 - lazy, lazy reporting.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri May 27, 2011 4:38 am

I think it was the same article LCoastMom. Besides the first couple paragraphs and the last sentence or two, it did look like a repost.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spikey Sun May 29, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks to All of You that have posted on the events of the trial. Ann thanks for posting at the Hinky and keeping the links so handy for me.

I can not wait till sentencing.

Thanks again. Razz Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 541830
Spikey
Spikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun May 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi, Spikey!

Thank you for reading about Emma's tragic story.

Also, thank you for taking the time to post on Emma's thread!

Razz sucker (Don't you just love all of the "smilies" here?)
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Mom Sentenced in Death of Toddler, Emma Leigh Barker

KTLA News
2:27 p.m. PDT, June 17, 2011

LANCASTER, Calif. -- A woman convicted of murdering her 18-month-old daughter and dumping her body near a freeway has been sentenced to 25-years to life in prison

Read more: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-lancaster-toddler-mom-convicted,0,1767690.story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:43 pm

I don't have the details I understand she will serve 62 years.*

My phone service is currently spotty from the Cochise Co Monument fires, we're currently surrounded on 2.5 sides and have been told utilities are about to be cut. I'll get back as soon as I can after I talk to Tori.

Thanks for the link J4A!

ETA - *Sorry one of Emma's Angel's is neither a Chemist, nor a mathematician.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Present today, Emma's daddy & his family, including his Gma - GB, SB's grandparents and a maternal aunt. MIA SBarker and BB.

OK here's the details:

Emma's daddy and paternal-gma gave impact statements. Through tears Anthony said Emma was his reason for getting up every day, his reason for going to work. SB took away his reason to live. (The rest was lost to tears).

Judge Zacky told SB he has not seen one ounce of remorse from her in the two years she has sat in his Courtroom. He said, "I have pictures of my children here on the bench, they bring me peace and joy. You never shed a single tear for your daughter. She will never grow up, go to school, wear a wedding dress or dance. You took that away from her! She might have been the first female president or a doctor who saved lives. We'll never know because you took her life prematurely." He told SB point blank that he knows this was no accident. She threw a blanket over Emma's face and held her hand over Emma's mouth and nose to cut off her air supply with Emma strapped in her car seat, completely defenseless from the attack. He also told her he will never understand why she chose death for her daughter, why not leave her with the grands or her father? Give her to one of the many families who would have adopted Emma in a heartbeat. "That tells me you are a cold blooded killer! I hope you stay locked up long enough that you are never able to have another child."

first-degree murder - 25 to LiFE
assault on a child - 25 to LiFE
assault on a child under eight causing death - 6 yrs (max allowed)
& child abuse - 6 years (max allowed) to be served consecutively
Special allegation - 4 years

The second charge of 25 to Life commuted -

PD Dager of course requested a MISTRIAL saying the jury misunderstood their directions. Judge Z said they understood perfectly and DENIED!!

The Courtroom was full of news cameras today. Again Dager shielded SB, he held a paper over her face the whole time Judge Z was speaking to her.

Dager is asking for SB to be sent to Chino Women's Institute where she would be housed in a pod with other women convicted of killing their kids. Ms Cromer isn't sure yet where she will be sent. The girls and I are hoping she ends up at Chowchilla (1st choice) or Coachilla.

"A typical cell is about eight by ten, shared by two women. It contains one sink, toilet, bunks with one mattress and one pillow each, and one locker per woman."

After court GBarker told Channel 7 News that SB should not have been found guilty of murder. He said it was an accident and SB admitted she dumped Emma's body. He also said SB did not get a fair trial because of the bloggers!

Everyone who was there for Emma wore their Lady Bug pins today including Det Nava and Ms Cromer. Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 541830

Rest In Peace ~ Precious Emma Leigh knowing your Earth Angels gave their best to get justice for your murder.

Last edited by LCoastMom on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:49 pm

I love what the judge said to her. I hope JP speaks as harshly to KC after she is found guilty.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Me too sitemama.
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:46 am

J4A, thanks for the Link!

LCoastMom, thank you for your Court Room update! I love what Judge Zacky told the cold blooded killer!

I wish the Judge would have ordered a picture of Emma be placed in Stacey's cell to remind her why she is in prison.

I am so glad all wore their Ladybug pins to honor Emma!

LCM, special thanks to you, Tori and the "ladies" that were dedicated in supporting justice for Emma and especially for keeping us updated.

Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 541830

LCM, please remember that Piper would love to make a video in memory of Emma. Please get with Toria and the "ladies", select an intro, closing, song and PM Piper.

I think Emma deserves another video in her memory.

LCM, please stay safe from the wildfires!

Justice has been served when the jury found Stacey guilty. I just wish her sentence would have been more harsh . LCM, in California, what does 25 to Life mean? I am confused.

~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, sweet precious Emma! ~ ~ ~ ♥️ afro Emma Leigh Barker -- Found Deceased 3/18/09 - Page 4 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next