Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10

+4
LuLu-Tx
Piper
LottieM
Justice4all
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 Empty Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10

Post by Justice4all Sun May 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Search continues for missing Spring teen

Friday, May 14, 2010
Erik Barajas

SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- It's been 17 days since anyone's seen or heard from 16-year-old Alexandria, or Ali, Lowitzer.

She was last seen on April 26 getting off the bus at Knotty Post Lane and Low Ridge Drive in Spring. That's about 30 feet from her home.

She has just disappeared, and what worries her parents more is that a few months ago, in their neighborhood, another girl who is the same age was almost kidnapped.

"It's been very exhausting in the past two and a half weeks," her father said.

Read more: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7440934
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 Empty Re: Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10

Post by Justice4all Sun May 30, 2010 2:31 pm

FACEBOOK COMMUNITY FORMS TO SEARCH FOR ALI LOWITZER

John G. Winder, The Cypress Times
Published 05/28/2010 - 12:59 p.m. CST

Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 E01fe210

More girls missing from the Houston area in past few weeks -

‘I wear my ribbon every day and every day I know we are closer to Ali coming home safe. I will also now be wearing my bracelets everyday! We miss you Ali and Alyssa misses you soo very much,” posted by Susan on the “Bring Home Ali Lowitzer” Facebook page.

The wall of the Facebook page is adorned with heart-wrenching well wishes from friends and loved ones as well as statements of support from strangers across the nation. All of these people have come together via the social network Facebook for one purpose to “Bring Home Ali Lowitzer”.

Ali Lowitzer is a 16 year old-girl who disappeared on April 26, 2010 after getting off her school bus on Low Ridge Road in Spring just a few blocks from her home. No one has seen or heard from Ali since. The Harris County Sheriff’s Department categorized her disappearance as a run-away. In the past few days however, Houston Homicide Detectives have joined the case.

Ali spoke with her mother, Jo Ann Davis Lowitzer, the afternoon she disappeared. Ali told her mother she was going to go stop by her work, the Burger Barn, and pick up her paycheck before going home. Ali never showed up at the Burger Barn. Her check was never retrieved. She didn’t make it home. Since that time no one has reported any communication from Ali. Ali’s cell phone has been quiet. No one has received a text from Ali. Nothing.

Friends and volunteers from Spring, as well as the Laura Recovery Center, have worked to organize searches for Ali focusing on the areas where she was last seen, and in particular, the wooded area behind Ali’s home.

Concerned parents, neighbors and total strangers have now joined forces via the “Bring Home Ali Lowitzer” Facebook page to offer assistance, help raise funds for an ongoing search, to raise awareness of Ali’s disappearance, and to offer encouragement.

Funds are being raised through the sale of wrist bands and t-shirts which will also serve to raise awareness of Ali’s disappearance.

A posting on Facebook explains, “Contact Tammy Hearn Murr for Bracelets and T-Shirts. The bracelets are $5.00. They will also be taking orders for shirts for $10.00 each and must be paid for before the shirts are made. If anyone needs "Hope for Ali" ribbons please send me a private message. I still have plenty. There is no cost for the ribbons.”

The postings on “Bring Home Ali Lowitzer” run the full gamut of support, from anger to heartfelt prayer.

Anger -

“Just got the Spring Times in the mail. I wonder why there is no mention of Ali in there? Sad that the school district doesn't care enough to protect the children in their school districts by making parents aware of this situation. I was up at the elementary school the other day volunteering, and most the people ther...e didn't even know about Ali. This seriously makes me sick. I told the Principal about it, and she said..oh, I think she went to elementary here...no signs...nothing.”

Concern –

“As a bus driver, i see so many children everyday. I find myself looking into the eyes of every child who boards my bus! I pray for Ali and her family. My son misses her soooo very much!”

Prayer –

“Lord Jesus, Father God, please forgive us for the things we say and do that turn our desperate prayers silent to your ears. wash us clean and make us holy in your sight so that you may hear our plea of revelation as to the whereabouts of your child Ali.”
The Facebook page is important because now over 4,000 people are joined in sharing information and working to spread the word about Ali Lowitzer’s disappearance. The more light that can be shed on Ali the better.
CNN Headline News’ Nancy Grace did a quick piece on Ali last week -http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/05/25/ng.girl.scout.missing.cnn
Unfortunately, the horror of missing children, particularly girls, is not limited to Ali Lowitzer’s disappearance. Several other girls around the same age as Ali have gone missing in just the past few weeks from the Houston area, most from NW and North Houston locations.

Ali Lowitzer – Age 16. Missing from Spring, Texas since April 26, 2010

Jordan Johnson – Age 17. Missing from Spring, Texas since April 23, 2010

Chasity Armstrong – Age 17. Missing from Katy, Texas since April 16, 2010

Cynthia Tucker – Age 15. Missing from North Houston, Texas since April 12 2010

If you have any information about any of these missing teens please contact the Harris County Sheriff’s Department at713-221-6000, or the Laura Recovery Center at 281-482-LRCF(5723) or (toll free) 866-898-5723.

The internet is an incredibly powerful tool for getting the word out about Ali Lowitzer and all these missing girls. Please forward this story to everyone you know. Post it on your Facebook or Twitter. Help shed light on this tragic situation.

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/Local_News/FACEBOOK_COMMUNITY_FORMS_TO_SEARCH_FOR_ALI_LOWITZER/30540

Last edited by Justice4all on Sun May 30, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun May 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun May 30, 2010 9:48 pm

This isn't promising at all! 4 teens missing within 2 weeks!

I wonder if they knew each other? Facebook? Something?

Were they interested in modeling?
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:56 am

I don't feel they should classify these teens as runaways........they have to be searched for, no matter what. And 4 within two weeks from the same area......
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:48 pm

LOWITZER FAMILY TO HOLD PRAYER VIGIL FOR MISSING DAUGHTER

John G. Winder, The Cypress Times
Published 06/14/2010 - 2:55 p.m. CST

“Someone out there knows something and I just simply ask that they contact someone, anyone.” – John Lowitzer.

Ali Lowitzer disappeared on the afternoon of April 26, 2010 shortly after getting off of her school bus in Spring. No one has heard from her since. Ali’s family will join together with the Laura Recovery Center and the Mayor’s Crime Victims office for a prayer vigil on Thursday, June 17, 2010.

The prayer vigil will be held in front of Houston City Hall beginning at 7:00 pm on the 17th. The purpose of the vigil is to heighten community awareness and to build support for the efforts to find 16 year old Ali.

The vigil will feature several keynote speakers including local Pastors, Andy Kahan from the Mayor’s Crime Victim’s office, Harris County Constable for Precinct 6; Victor Trevino and a representative from the Laura Recovery Center.

To learn more about Ali see related articles below and visit the Bring Home Ali Lowitzer Facebook page.

Ali’s father, John Lowitzer added the following post on Facebook today:

"Somebody out there knows something and I just simply ask that they contact someone, anyone and give information. Don't be afraid. This is not about who did it, it's about the safety and well being of a 16 year old girl. It's about having comfort in knowing. At least let someone know if she's ok. Please allow us to begi...n the road to healing. We're anxious to hear something. Anything. If it were your family member I would think you'd want the same. Please, I beg you. If you are out there and have knowledge of her whereabouts or any information, please tell someone.” – John Lowitzer

The Laura Recovery Center exists to prevent abductions and runaways and to recover missing children by fostering a Triangle of Trust among law enforcement, community and a missing child's family.

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/Local_News/LOWITZER_FAMILY_TO_HOLD_PRAYER_VIGIL_FOR_MISSING_DAUGHTER/30982
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:15 pm

OMG this is horrible.. I cant believe I havent heard of this until now.. It hasnt been on any shows/news that I have seen..

This sounds like serial too me.. A 16 yr old who is going to run away, wud have picked up her little bit of cash first...Im starting to really question LE/FBI everywhere.. what is our world coming too.. ? Do we have no one at all to depend on?

This is so sad.. those poor girls and families...

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:41 pm

Missing 16-year-old's family holds fundraiser to help in her search

by khou.com staff
Posted on September 18, 2010 at 5:04 PM

SPRING, Texas -- The family of a 16-year-old girl who went missing in April held a benefit Saturday to raise money for more resources in her search.

16-year-old Ali Lowitzer disappeared while walking to pick up her paycheck from work. Because investigators are calling the girl a runaway, most of the funding for her search has come from her parents.

Read more: http://www.khou.com/news/local/Missing-16-year-olds-family-holds-fundraiser-for-more-resources-in-her-search-103210474.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:47 am

I searched Google and Yahoo to see if there is an update on Ali.

The last article is dated 9-18-10 which Justice4All posted above.

I wish Ali could be found. My prayers and thoughts are with her parents and family. This is such a very sad case!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu-Tx Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:17 am

Today marks the 6 month anniversary of when 16yo Ali Lowitzer disappeared after getting off of her school bus.

A mother begs for her missing daughter’s return

By SATARA WILLIAMS
Updated: 10.22.10

Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 102710_missing_cyf
Alexandria Lowitzer has been missing since April 26, 2010. The 16-year-old was last seen exiting the school bus.

Alexandria Lowitzer, a resident of Spring, has been described by many as a typical 16-year-old.

She was involved in a softball team, held down a job at the Burger Barn, balanced her time between school and a social life and talked of plans for the future.

On April 26 2010, the teenager called her mother before getting on the school bus and said she was going to collect her paycheck from her job.

Six months later, the pay stub has yet to be retrieved.

“I got home from work and we usually text by then. After not hearing from her I went up, just before 9 (p.m.), to the Burger Barn and it was closed,” Lowitzer’s mother, Jo Ann Lowitzer, said. “That’s when I started to panic.”

The mother of two said she tried to locate Alexandria frantically without no avail. She contacted her daughter’s father and friends; however, no one had heard from the teen, according to Jo Ann Lowitzer.

She finally went over to Alexandria’s boyfriend’s house only to discover that he had been suffering the same road block, she said.

According to a study by the United States Department of Justice, 797,500 children (younger than 18-years-old) were reported missing in the span of one year which correlates to 2,185 children being absent from home each day.

Read more:
http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/10/22/cy_fair_sun/news/102710_missing_cyf.txt
LuLu-Tx
LuLu-Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks for the update LuLu-Tx. My heart goes out to her mother and loved ones. Six months of pure agony. Are they still conducting searches for her?

Snipped from article:
“For her to take off on her own free will without anything of her own is just not like her,” she said. “I know something is wrong. A mom just knows.”

Her mom is right.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 pm

LuLu, thank you for the update on Ali!

Do you know if there are any future searches planned?

My prayers and thoughts are with Ali's family. I wish Ali could be found soon.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Parents Search For Teen Missing 6 Months

By Nefertiti Jaquez
UPDATED: 5:20 am CDT October 27, 2010

Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 24405110

SPRING, Texas -- A Spring family is praying for a teenager's safe return six months after she disappeared.

• WATCH IT: Teen Missing For 6 Months
  • SEE IT: Slideshow: Ali Lowitzer

• John and JoAnn Lowitzer said their inconsolable pain has turned into fear and frustration.

"I just want to know that she's still alive, and still OK," said JoAnn Lowitzer.

Their daughter, Alexandria, also known as Ali, disappeared on April 26 after getting off her school bus just a few feet away from the family's home.

JoAnn Lowitzer said she spoke to Ali, 16, moments before she got dropped off at her stop, and Ali told her she planned on walking to her job at the Burger Barn to pick up her check.

Co-workers told authorities that Ali never showed up.

Read more: http://www.click2houston.com/news/25533317/detail.html
    Justice4all
    Justice4all
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi, Justice!

Thank you for this update. It is nice of KPRC - Houston to feature this on the local news.

Hopefully, someone might see this and they might remember something regarding Ali's disappearance.

I am so glad that Ali's case is getting media exposure!

Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Heartache through the holidays for family of missing teen

by Tiffany Craig / 11 News
    khou.com
    Posted on November 28, 2010 at 11:02 AM

SPRING, Texas—The family of Ali Lowitzer is still searching for answers, seven months after the teenager disappeared.

Ali’s father, John Lowitzer, admits that he struggles with his feelings.

"In some sense, you lose faith because of the evil things that are out there," said John Lowitzer, "but you gain a sense of humanity."

Read more: http://www.khou.com/news/Heartache-through-the-holidays-for-family-of-missing-teen-110919494.html
    Justice4all
    Justice4all
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi, Justice!

Thanks for the update!

I like the idea about putting info about Ali on shopping carts! My prayers and thoughts are with Ali's family. Maybe Ali is found before Christmas!
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:06 pm

You are welcome Ann. Hopefully Ali will be found before Christmas.
    Justice4all
    Justice4all
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:Hi, Justice!

Thanks for the update!

I like the idea about putting info about Ali on shopping carts! My prayers and thoughts are with Ali's family. Maybe Ali is found before Christmas!
    Great news! LuLu, an RC member, who lives near the area of where Ali went missing, advised me that when she went grocery shopping in December, Ali's picture was on the shopping carts! I think it is awesome!

Thank you, LuLu, for sharing that info with us! I think the Laura Recovery Center has done an exceptional job of helping Ali's family in their efforts to find Ali!
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:46 pm

This is an article with video that was posted on 12-21-10 by a local Houston TV station.
    ~~~~

Missing for the Holidays
    Maybe you can help a family find their loved one

KIAH - Houston, Tx
    4:32 p.m. CST, December 21, 2010

HOUSTON — This is always one of the toughest times of the year for families with missing children.

Gay Smither, co-founder of the Laura Recovery Center, said she still struggles through the holidays. Her daughter, Laura, went missing in 1997. Her remains were discovered 17 days after she disappeared; Laura was just 12 years old.

Read more:

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-missing-children-holidays-story,0,1673408.story?track=rss
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu-Tx Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:15 pm

From Jo Ann Davis Lowitzer via the "Bring Home Ali" Facebook page:

"...Nancy Grace will have 50 show all about missing persons. Our turn will be on Feb. 7th. A whole hour for Ali this time!"
    LuLu-Tx
    LuLu-Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Wow! LuLu, thank you for the above comment.

I will have to be sure to watch Nancy Grace on Feb. 7th!
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:00 am

LuLu alerted us that on Monday, 2-7-11, Ali Lowitzer would be featured on Nancy Grace: America's Missing.

Check this out. It includes Ali's picture but I do not know how to post pictures.

Ali Lowitzer
    Vanished: Apr 26, 2010
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 145 lbs
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Reward: $5,000
    Tipline: 1-800-THE-LOST

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/
    CNN - Programs/Nancy Grace
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:30 pm

A friend just called me and said it was her understanding that Ali Lowitzer is suppose to be featured tonight, 2-2-11.

I don't know if she is correct. I'll tape it anyway.

LuLu, if you are around, do you know? Thanks in advance!
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu-Tx Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi! Sorry. Ann and everyone else. I happened to turn on the Nancy Grace show that night toward the end of the program. I saw the Lowitzers and thought "what?!?!" I had no idea! Then I checked online and saw the message from JoAnn saying that it had been rescheduled. Sad

If no one minds, I'd like to post some birthday wishes here for Ali even though it's a few days late.

Happy Birthday, Ali! Hope you are safe and sound, doing all the fun stuff 17 year olds do. I pray that you make it home soon because everyone misses you so much.

LuLu-Tx
    LuLu-Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi, LuLu!

I recorded the show but was able to watch it "Live". I am so happy that Ali was featured on the Nancy Grace - Missing Persons Show.

"Happy Birthday, Ali!" Come home soon! Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 605764
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Happy Birthday, Ali! Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 605764 I hope you come home safe.
    Piper
    Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:45 pm

I wanted everybody to know that we received a message from Jo Ann Lowitzer. She appreciates everybody's prayers and continued support in passing Ali's info around. She says it warms her heart that we have kept Ali in our thoughts and she wanted us to be sure to thank everybody who has posted in this thread.
    Justice4all
    Justice4all
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:40 pm

How very thoughtful of Jo Ann to contact you. The holidays have passed, a birthday without Ali has passed, Spring is here... I can't imagine their pain and frustration. I hope Ali is found soon....

For Ali's loved ones:

Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 Daisy_10
    Piper
    Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:22 am

Hi, Justice4All!

Thank you for sharing your e-mail from Ali's mother, Jo Ann, with us on Ali's thread.
    ~~~

Hello, Jo Ann!

My prayers and thoughts are with you, your husband and Ali's other family members.

I hope that Ali is found soon. I think of her often. I can not even imagine the pain and suffering you and your family endure because of the absence of your precious Ali.

When you get discouraged or frustrated in your search for Ali, please play this song by Josh Groban.

May it be an inspiration for you when there seems to be no light at the end of the dark tunnel.
    For one day, hopefully soon, there will be light! God bless! ♥️ Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 803492

Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:42 am

February 2, 2011

Ali Lowitzer: Nancy Grace America’s Missing

16-year-old Alexandria Lowitzer, known as Ali, was last seen on surveillance video getting off her bus just 3 houses down from her home.

Read more:

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/02/ali-lowitzer-nancy-grace-america%e2%80%99s-missing/
    ~~~~~

Includes a video

Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:43 am

Today, 4-26-11, is one year that Ali Lowitzer of Spring, Texas went missing. This is an interview with Ali's parents that was on the Houston, Tx news last night.

My prayers and thoughts are with Ali's parents. I hope Ali is found soon.

Below is the Link to a video of the interview and article.
    ~~~~~

Missing Spring girl’s family holds onto hope, one year later

by Courtney Zubowski / KHOU 11 NEWS
    Houston, Tx

Posted on April 25, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    Updated April 26, 2011 at 12:12 AM

HOUSTON -- As a Spring couple approaches the one-year anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance they are holding on to hope that they will find the 17-year-old girl.

“I do. I have to,” said Ali Lowitzer’s father John Lowitzer. “Until we find some sort of closure it’s going to be hard.”

Read more and view video:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/120667444.html

Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:47 am

Here is the Link to Ali's web site:

http://www.alexandrialowitzer.com/
    Alexandria Lowitzer
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:42 am

Where is Ali? Spring family marks a grim anniversary

By RENÉE C. LEE
    HOUSTON CHRONICLE - Houston, Tx

April 25, 2011, 10:43PM CDT

JoAnn Lowitzer walks by her teen daughter's bedroom every night to say good night. She never opens the door, though. It's too painful to see her empty bed.

"It still feels like a dream," said Lowitzer, who cries herself to sleep each night, longing for her daughter's return.

One year ago Tuesday, 16-year-old Alexandria Lowitzer went missing. She was last seen getting off a school bus about 3 p.m. near her Spring home on Low Ridge.

Her parents have no clues of her whereabouts or what might have happened to her. The Harris County Sheriff's Office is investigating her disappearance as a runaway/missing person case, and homicide detectives are helping with the case.

Lowitzer and her husband, John, remain hopeful as they plan for a tree planting and softball tournament Tuesday at Bayer Park in honor of Alexandria, also known as Ali. She used to play at the park as part of the Spring Area Youth Softball organization.

Read more:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7536739.html
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Missing Spring girl’s family holds onto hope, one year later

by Courtney Zubowski / KHOU 11 NEWS
    Houston, Tx

Posted on April 26, 2011 at 4:04 PM CDT
    Updated April 26, 2011 at 4:09 PM CDT

HOUSTON -- It's been one year since the 17-year-old daughter of a Spring couple vanished without a trace. Ali Lowitzer's parents are still clinging to hope that she'll be found alive.

“I do. I have to,” said Ali Lowitzer’s father John Lowitzer. “Until we find some sort of closure it’s going to be hard.”

Read more and view video:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Missing-Spring-girls-family-holds-onto-hope-one-year-later.html

Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:Where is Ali? Spring family marks a grim anniversary

By RENÉE C. LEE
    HOUSTON CHRONICLE - Houston, Tx

April 25, 2011, 10:43PM CDT

JoAnn Lowitzer walks by her teen daughter's bedroom every night to say good night. She never opens the door, though. It's too painful to see her empty bed.

That's really sad. I hope Ali's family gets some answers and closure soon.
    Julie
    Julie
    Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
    Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:05 pm

http://www.click2houston.com/slideshow/news/24405151/detail.html
    KPRC Houston, Tx 4-27-11

Slideshow: Ali Lowitzer
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Spring Teen Has Been Missing 1 Year
    Alexandria Lowitzer Disappeared April 26, 2010

KPRC - Houston, Tx

POSTED: Wednesday, April 27, 2011
    UPDATED: 8:35 am CDT April 27, 2011

SPRING, Texas -- A Spring family whose daughter has been missing for a year continues to hope that she come home safe.

Alexandria Lowitzer, also known as Ali, disappeared on April 26, 2010, after getting off her school bus just a few feet away from the family's home.

Read more:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/27686429/detail.html
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Ann, thanks for all of the updates. A terribly long and painful year for Ali's mother and loved ones.

"It still feels like a dream," said Lowitzer, who cries herself to sleep each night, longing for her daughter's return.

Heartbreaking...... Sad
    Piper
    Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:42 am

Missing teen's family organizing new search

KTRK - Houston, Tx
    Monday, July 11, 2011

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The family of a missing teenager is renewing the call to help find her, more than a year after her disappearance.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8244708&rss=rss-ktrk-article-8244708
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:03 am

Jaycee Dugard Story Gives Spring Family Hope

Updated: Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 5:42 PM CDT
    Published : Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 5:01 PM CDT

SPRING, Texas - It has been 15 months since Spring teenager Ali Lowitzer was last seen.

Her family has never given up the belief that she is still alive. John and Jo An Lowitzer, along with the Laura Recovery Center, will launch another search this weekend.

The Lowitzers were among the millions who watched the interview with Jaycee Dugard. Dugard was just 11 when she was kidnapped. She was found 18 years later.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/110711-jaycee-dugard-story-gives-spring-family-hope#ixzz1Rs8HJOQI

Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:12 am

Search for missing teen Ali Lowitzer scheduled for July 16

Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 6:08 pm
    Updated: 6:45 pm, Fri Jul 8, 2011.

By STEFANIE THOMAS
    Houston Community Newspapers
    Spring Observer - Spring, Tx

More than a year after the disappearance of 16-year-old Alexandria “Ali” Lowitzer, her family continues to look for the missing teen behind every tree, in every ravine, every alleyway.

Ali’s mother, Jo Ann Lowitzer, says the past 15 months have been an emotional roller coaster.

“Every time we do a search, I’m afraid of what we might find,” she said. “Then, when the search is over and we go home with nothing, I cry because we didn’t find Ali.”

Snipped:

SEARCH FOR ALI

WHEN: Saturday, July 16, 7-11 a.m.

WHERE: North Woods Baptist Church (behind Subway), 5803 Treaschwig Road, Spring

INFO: Laura Recovery Center, 281-482-5723

Read more:

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/spring/news/article_118f5611-fe7c-5410-ac37-9382562388c2.html
    ~~~~~~~

If you are in the greater Houston and surrounding area and are available, please volunteer for this search. Thanks!
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:30 am

Special prayers and thoughts for Ali and her family, Jo Ann and John Lowitzer.

I hope Ali is found soon and she is brought home.

My goes out to the Lowitzer family.
    ~~~~~

I watched the Jaycee Dugard Special on Sunday night. As sad as Jaycee's story is, she is truly an inspiration. She was at the tender age of 11 when she went missing. She did whatever to survive and later she did whatever to protect her children from the evil that held them captive.
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:43 am

Justice4all wrote:I wanted everybody to know that we received a message from Jo Ann Lowitzer. She appreciates everybody's prayers and continued support in passing Ali's info around. She says it warms her heart that we have kept Ali in our thoughts and she wanted us to be sure to thank everybody who has posted in this thread.
    Bumping this comment from Justice4All on 3-27-11.

Please remember Ali and her family, Jo Ann and John Lowitzer, in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks!
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:58 am

I posted the following three (3) comments on The Hinky Meter by Valhall - Developing Stories:
    ~~~~~

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:57 am by Ann-Tx

RE: Ali Lowitzer Missing - Spring, Tx

Good news! There will be an organized search for Ali this Saturday, 7-16-11. The Laura Recovery Center is involved in this case.

The Jaycee Dugard Special (2 Hour) gave Ali's parents renewed hope. My heart breaks for Ali's mom and dad.

I am so proud of the Houston media for keeping Ali's story in the news ever so often. Today our local Houston FOX and ABC TV stations had Ali in the news this evening and at 9 p.m. and 10 p.m.

This article and video are from our local FOX station:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/110711-jaycee-dugard-story-gives-spring-family-hope#ixzz1Rs8HJOQI
    KRIV Houston, TX 7-11-11

Jaycee Dugard Story Gives Spring Family Hope
    ~~~~~~

Special prayers and thoughts for Ali and her family!

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:16 am by Ann-Tx

SEARCH FOR ALI LOWITZER - Spring, TX

WHEN: Saturday, July 16, 7-11 a.m.

WHERE: North Woods Baptist Church (behind Subway), 5803 Treaschwig Road, Spring, TX

INFO: Laura Recovery Center, 281-482-5723
    ~~~~~

If you live in the greater Houston or surrounding areas and are available, please volunteer to search for Ali on Saturday, July 16, 2011. Thanks!

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:37 am by Ann-Tx

RE: Ali Lowitzer Missing - Spring, Tx

Please keep the family of Ali Lowitzer in your thoughts and prayers.

There is a thread set up for Ali Lowitzer at Reality Chatter. The following message from Ali Lowitzer's mother, Jo Ann Lowitzer, was posted by Justice4All on 3-27-11.

Re: Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10

by Justice4all on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 pm

I wanted everybody to know that we received a message from Jo Ann Lowitzer. She appreciates everybody's prayers and continued support in passing Ali's info around. She says it warms her heart that we have kept Ali in our thoughts and she wanted us to be sure to thank everybody who has posted in this thread.

Source:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t2437p20- ... ng-4-26-10
    Reality Chatter - Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 : Page 2

All of the above posted at:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1049&p=158906#p158906
    The Hinky Meter by Valhall - Developing Stories - Page 19
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Parents Organize Search For Missing Teen
    Alexandria Lowitzer Last Seen April 26, 2010

POSTED: Friday, July 15, 2011
    UPDATED: 12:26 pm CDT July 15, 2011

SPRING, Texas -- The family of a teenager who has been missing fore more than a year continues their quest to bring her home safe.

Alexandria Lowitzer was last seen getting off her school bus on April 26, 2010. She was 16 at the time.

Her parents said she was last seen texting on her phone, and was believed to be on her way to pick up a paycheck at a restaurant.

Read more:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/28558896/detail.html
    ~~~~~~
    This was posted shortly after noon. I just saw the 10 p.m. news and KPRC hi-lited info about the search for Ali tomorrow.

I assume it was on the 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. news also. This is keeping Ali's name out there and hopefully there will be numerous volunteers tomorrow to aid in the search for Ali.
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Search continues for missing Spring teen

KPRC - Houston, Tx
    Updated at 04:11 PM on July 16, 2011

SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- Volunteers have resumed the search for a teen from Spring who went missing more than a year ago.

Alexandria Lowitzer, then 16, vanished from her school bus stop in April 2010.

On Saturday -- 15 months after Ali disappeared -- the search for her was renewed.

Nearly 200 volunteers showed up to comb a five-mile radius of woods and ponds to see if they could find any sign of the missing teen.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8254054

Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:52 pm

On our local Houston 10 p.m. News tonight, KHOU said there was a search for Ali Lowitzer today in an area near where she was last seen. It involved cadaver dogs.

They showed a couple of pictures of Ali.

It has not been posted to KHOU's web site yet.
    Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:54 am

Thank goodness they are keeping Ali's name out there and still conducting searches. I hope and pray she is found soon.

Piper
    Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:31 am

True Piper. So many times these cases just go cold and no search is ongoing. I'm just afraid if they are still searching in the same areas, they are not going to find anything new.
    sitemama
    sitemama
    Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Very exciting news! There is a search for Ali Lowitzer today with Texas EquuSearch leading the search.
    ______

Missing: Alexandria “Ali” Lowitzer, 16 Yrs., Spring, TX, 04/26/10

Posted on 02. Dec, 2011 by smckinney in Featured Articles
    Texas EquuSearch - Dickinson, Tx

Ali Lowitzer -- Missing 4/26/10 LowitzerAli11
    Ali Lowitzer

12/02/11 — We will begin a search for Ali Lowitzer on Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. The Command Center is going to be at Northwood Baptist Church, 5803 Treaschwig Rd., Spring, TX 77373.

Read more:

http://texasequusearch.org/2011/12/missing-alexandria-ali-lowitzer-16-yrs-spring-tx-042610/

For a printable poster, click here:

http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/LowitzerAlexandria.pdf
    Texas EquuSearch - pdf - Alexandria Lowitzer - Printable Poster

Ann - Tx
    Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next