Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

+15
KariBear
TigerMom
JAG
MissMonkey
ou812
khintx
LottieM
Piper
Taxes101
Snaz
FystyAngel
Cali
Julie
sitemama
Justice4all
19 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:17 am

Tish,

I have the same question!

Also, I havent heard any talk about them investigating RSO and how that is going....

In the cases we have seen in the last year, I cant think of one, that LE was not actively searching RSO and updating their progress.. Unless I have missed it I am wondering about this..

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1

Post by khintx Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:05 am

SmileyCentral.com
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:55 am

I have a problem with the school marking him as absent, when in fact he was seen at the school. It's been a very long time since I had one in elementary, but don't the schools call if your child is not present? And his stepmom was known at the school, surely someone spoke to her and knew she was there as well.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:12 am

Piper wrote:I have a problem with the school marking him as absent, when in fact he was seen at the school. It's been a very long time since I had one in elementary, but don't the schools call if your child is not present? And his stepmom was known at the school, surely someone spoke to her and knew she was there as well.

No, they don't call. I know at our (rural) school there they take the cenus at 10:00 AM (school starts at 8:15). If your child is there at 10:00 they are counted as present. If for some reason they leave after that, they are still counted as present for the day because the roll call has already been taken. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:36 am

I don't know if it's accurate or not, but I was told when my son started Kdg, that if he was ever absent and I forgot to call, that they would end up calling me.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:47 am

Horman's desk mate says substitute noticed him missing

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Hormans-desk-mate-says-substitute-noticed-him/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

Reported by: Kohr Harlan
Last Update: 7:23 am

Eight-year-old Tanner Pumala says the first person to notice Kyron Horman was missing was a substitute teacher who was taking a head count as the second and third grade class was re-assembling after visiting other classrooms for a science fair at Skyline School last Friday.
"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala. ( She left??? She was missing a kid and she left???)

Tanner is Kyron's deskmate in their combined second-third grade classroom. Tanner says Kyron was in school for at least an hour Friday morning and that he saw Kyron's step-mother leave the school without Kyron.
F-B-I agents interviewed Pumala, and Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton visited with Pumala Wednesday afternoon according to Pumala's grandmother Wendy Fuhrur.

Upon hearing the substitute teacher noticing that Kyron was not present in the classroom, Pumala says the regular teacher said Kyron had probably gone to get a drink of water or to use the bathroom. (this is unbelievable to me!) It wasn't until the bus ride home from school, says Pumala that he noticed Kyron was not on the bus. (thank goodness for the bus driver) Kyron's step-mother notified school authorities of her son's not being on the bus at around 3:45pm Friday afternoon.

Pumala's grandmother says F-B-I agents and Multnomah County investigators have asked Pumala and his grandmother not to speak with the media, for reasons they did not divulge. (interesting) Fuhrur says she decided to allow her grandson talk, in part to keep the missing boy in the public eye.

Separately several dozen more ground searchers arrived in Portland Wednesday night to intensify their ground search Thursday.
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Kyron Horman Disappearance: Could it Be Linked to Attempted Kidnapping by Sex Offender?

Published June 10, 2010 by: Julia Bodeeb

Kyron Horman, age 7, is still missing. He was last seen in a dark t-shirt imprinted with the letters CSI, black cargo pants and black/orange sneakers. He has blue eyes and brown hair. He is 3'8 in height and weighs 50 pounds. (Click on Sources below to see pictures of Kyron Horman.)

Contact the police if you have any information about his disappearance. Call the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office at: 1-503-261-2847.

A Kidnapping Attempt in Oregon

Tony Phipps, a sex offender, was arrested and is under investigation for an alleged kidnapping attempt of a 5th grade boy on June 8th, just four days after Kyron went missing. That boy was walking home from his elementary school when Phipps allegedly tried to kidnap him by seizing at his backpack.

This crime took place about 20 miles from Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon where Kyron Horman was last seen, reports Prime Writer News Network. Could there be a link between this attempted kidnapping and Kyron's disappearance?

Why Didn't the School Notify Parents of Kyron's Absence?

Investigators lost valuable time due to the failure of the school to notify Kyron's family that he was not in the classroom when attendance was taken after the science fair. The elementary school Kyron attended, Skyline Elementary School, has around 300 students. And yet one of them was missing all day and the school did not notify the parents. That seems extremely negligent. Why didn't the school call home and see where Kyron was?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5474674/kyron_horman_disappearance_could_it.html?cat=25
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Unbelievable...

Although there is no exact time given to us when the exchange took place with sub teacher and Ms Porter... it seems clear that it was mid to late morning judging from the 8:45 time biven from step mom leaving and Tanners description of about an hour....

This is horrendous.. I do feel for the teachers as I suspect they feel horrible.. Had these 2 teachers picked up the ball and investigated immediately, Kyron;s safe return wud seem more likely...

I know you can never be too sure, and at the same time, I cud see how one wud assume such a thing, then forget becasue of another distraction.. I am not condoning this, however I am feeling that human error happens with no malicious intentions..

I feel for the teachers and hope that strong changes are implemented..

It seems clear from crimes we have saeen take place in the last few years that perps these days seem to be more aggressive and arrogant... Taking sleeping children from their beds, taking them from schools, taking from them bus stops and off their bicycles...

It is just sickening.. We are constantly reminded daily that one can never be too safe, or too sure... Do we need to start hiring 24 hour security? Im not sure what the solution is but I do know that I have not heard one thing about LE looking into RSO....Of course how often too we hear about all the RSO who are free on the streets becasue there is no room for them in jail....Convicted sex offenders should qualify for the DP.. If all the professionals are so sure that there is no rehabilition, and we continue to see these pigs molest our children, and likely kill .. why are we letting them into our neighborhoods? We need to start addressing the problem of their freedom head on.. I know that we dont know yet what happened to Kyron, but it isnt looking good....

I also am glad that Tanner's gramma spoke out against LE's wishes, as hopefully it will put a damper on blaming step mom who has enough on her plate to contend with... This way any wannabbess who wanted to inject themself into this story will hopefully stay away..

I can see LE asking not too talk, yet they are comfortable in giving statements that leave it open for doubt... Just like other cases we have seen..

I pray that Kyron is alive and is safely returned to his family .....
God Bless you Kyron!...

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:17 pm

AMEN. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:27 pm

AW - J4A: I know you will find this interesting (but sad)...... we were talking about this very subject yesterday I think. kh

Kyron Horma's Stepmom Implicated By Facebook Sleuths

Kyron Horman is the adorable Oregon second-grader who went missing last Friday. His stepmom Terri Moulton Horman dropped the seven-year-old off at school that day and was one of the last people to see him alive. Now, thanks to some internet sleuthing, a handful of people with nothing better to do have deduced that Moulton-Horman is behind Kyron's disappearance, all because of something she wrote on Facebook.

As Gawker reports, a handful of amateur gumshoes have pored over Mouton-Horman's latest posts and declared her not appropriately distraught. A blog called Mom Logic points out that since her stepson's disappearance she's posted "trivial updates" about going to the gym and didn't change her profile picture to a photo of Kyron for six whole days.

Then Portland station KATU asked a former detective if Mouton-Horman's behavior was out of the ordinary. "What I know from being an investigator and dealing with parents in tragic situations like this - homicides, kidnappings, stuff like that - they just really couldn't much function other than to sit and wait for us to call," he said.

And let's not forget the opinions of anonymous message board commenters: "Morning everyone! Anyone find it odd that Terri would post on FB that she's going to the gym? Maybe it's stress relief, don't think I could work out if my child was missing."

The only thing this witch hunt is missing is a stake and a lit torch.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/kyron_hormas_stepmom_implicate.php
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:27 pm

This is horrible! How would she know how she would be acting, does she have a missing child herself? Don't think so........... Mad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Kh,

Yes! you are exactly right !

We were talking about this yesterday..and the day before that and the day before that etc...

I can say that I have been on this bandwagon ever since the Haleigh case.... I am ashamed to say that at the start, I was "anti" Misty, Ron and the entire family...

It lasted about 2 weeks.... WHat ended up happening was I was going along with the general consensus of the board I was on at that time....

One day I decided to rewatch every video that had been published aired or whatever you want to call it, then I re read all the articles published...

I was absolutley shocked, as I came to realize that my opinion (anti) was wayyyyyyy out of line. In watching the pressers I came to realize that I was mislead (becasue of viscous articles) where I saw that "LE specifically said that Misty had not changed her story"....

Well that was a very different story of what I had been lead to believe...

I went back and cud actually see how journalists pretyy well copied and pasted stories where the reporter actually made a mistake.... you cud see that..

AN example was that everyone was saying Misty changed her story about going to the bathroom...

The reporter actually MISQUOTED the article he must have read, as he mixed up who went to the bathroom...

This reporter actually said that Misty told LE that Haleigh got up to go to the bathroom for water and never came bak....

That was huge one...

Then of course we have the description of who was sleeping where.... As a person who has raised and been around many a teen... I had to reevaluate if how she described the sleeping arrangment was that unusual or inconsistant...

I actually considered teens (who are educated and care free and even very articulate (like their mother lol) and I cusd actually see that it wud have been easy to explain the arrangment that way.. I see many kids take short cuts in their descriptions, or explanations and see how they can miscommunicate many things.... I added major stress to what I know about kids and cud actually see that it cud have been explained horribly.....

I will admit that we can call that an inconsistency, however based on LE saying that her story hasnt changed... tells me, "we" as society have to inject a little bit of logic in an equasion like this one (especially when it is unlikely that any one of us have ever or will ever expecience such a shocking unbelievable situation...

The next thing was Cobra/AH/TJ/NG coming out with the "3 day binge"...

At first NG even said herself to TN that it cud be conceivable that someone cud have explained the sleeping arrangment in the was that Misty did....

After the 3 day binge/big fight info came out, it was portrayed as though Ron or Misty never told this to LE.. In otherwords it was portrayed as though this info was held bak where LE had to find out about it on their own....

That was also wrong.. LE had talked to WBG and Nay Nay, the first day....

LE confirmed this, and so did WBG.. he even said it on NG...Instead of NG and AH and Cobra, airing that Misty and Ron were apparently cooperating (by having told LE everything leading up in the days preceding) what did NG/AH/TJ do????

They started saying that Misty was not home..NG was saying things that were simply not true, and most ppl posting about the story, believed every word on HLN, blogger news and Firstcoast... These sources became the main media ppl involved in this case ...

Just a few weeks into the case after Misty had talked on camera several times.. ppl picked apart everything that she said or didnt say... NG made clips of questions that NG was asking..then she wud dub in a reply from anyone of the players where she madfe it look like Misty lied... But in reality..it was quite evident that she NG has did this..

I used to be a fan of NG, and it was this case that absolutley turned me from anything she says... It is horrible how she has faciliated this hate fest, and continues to do so..

I am of the belief that the jury of public opinion, is very influential on both the media and LE.....

I find it dispicable, that with absolutely no evidence, Misty and Ron became the main suspects in ppls minds...

Now with the internet, it is even more dangerous to have potentially innocent ppl become victims ...

It scares me as a member of society, to see how many ppl have no concept of true "reasonable doubt"....

From following many many cases, reading, watching 48 hrs, dateline, ..it is clear to me that 12 ppl on a jury is no longer a safe bet ....I wont say in all cases, but clearly there isd a problem... there are too many ppl being convicted/sentenced in crimes where there is no evidence..It appearts that there can be "circumstantial evidence" in any death that occurs... More times than not ..something cud be off or seem weird, but we are acting on these odd weird things way too quickly IMO...

With the baby boomer generation, getting up there in age..it is plausible to thinmk there are going to be many deaths ... I fear for (mainly men) who will have something circumstantial.. (maybe how they talk on a 911 call, or one who has a gambling addiction, or one that has recently lost his job) where a very ligh motive will be exascerbated, and the gen public... will be hellbent on having him thrown in the klinker for the rest of his life....

That is one example... but there are many different scenarios that cud take place...(an elderly mother falls down the stairs and has life insurance and now the son/daughter ) becomes a potential suspect... PPl are believeing LE and the media along with pathologists/coroners as though they are gods and what ever they say is 100 percent fact..

I pray something changes in our society, to change what we believe is "resaonble doubt"...

With all the new shows in the last decade.. cold case, CSI and the list goes on and on.. we are all believing that every death should be explainable to the tee... if there isnt an expl;antion or something is weird (like pooled blood at the neck after recessitation, many of us are believing that it can only mean one thing...foul play!

I have taken a stand (where you have prolly seen) lol that I continue to ask that anyone following a case, be impartial and not be swayed by the media, or wannabees that inject themselves into a CASE..

I am glad KH, that you posted this article and hopefully this article will open up some eyes of the ppl, who are writing negative things about a likely innocent grieving person..I hopew it stops and doesnt end up like the Cummings case....

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:40 pm

It is sad that the family is usually targeted by bloggers and the media in these situations. Kyron's friend Tanner said he saw Kyron in the hallway and Kyron told him he was on his way back to the exhibits to check out a cool electric one. It sounded like this occurred after the stepmom had already left.

My gut feeling and everything I've read makes me fear that Kyron was abducted by a perv that he didn't know, but part of me hopes the bio mom had something to do with it because that would increase the chances that he is still alive.

This case really scares me because it makes me wonder how we are supposed to protect our children when somebody can sneak into a school and grab a child out from under everybody's noses. It blows my mind that the regular teacher blew off the sub and said Kyron must be getting a drink or using the bathroom, and then went about the rest of her day without realizing that Kyron never returned to class.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:48 pm

GREAT POST AW! I plead guilty to getting sucked into the Haliegh "sides" too....... I was shocked reading that article and thought "oh noooooo, not again!". kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:54 pm

J4A: I agree. This is really disturbing.... and it's been a week now. I am not feeling real good about the outcome at all. I have a kid still in Elem school and it frightens me too.

It's kinda the same feeling I got when that crazy-psycho sniper went off at Fort Bragg. My older daughter's husband in the Air Force and when he is not deployed in a war zone I kind of like to think that they are all safe and sound living on base in the US of A! It shook me, and that's the truth. They were at Pope AFB and not Bragg..... but it scared the you know what outta me! Just like this case does. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:22 pm

I am shocked that this school doesn't have the automated alert that MOST schools have when your child is absent. Even if I call in for my sick child, I still get an automatically generated call from the school just letting me know that my child is absent. I appreciate those calls now more than ever - I'm getting angry over the lack of response from LE - WHAT are they doing?? it's been so long, and there's nothing to go on...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:36 pm

J4A,

I am glad that we heard Tanners story, about the last sighting...

The sad part, is if we didnt hear it (allegedly, they were asked to keep quiet)...how many wud still see her as guilty..

The point is that we are believing a media report where a reporter has quoted Tanners, gramma who then relayed it to the media, who then relayed it to the public.. We are relying on third hand info that cud have easily been bad for step mom...

A report cud have come out where it said "Breaking News..Bombshell..no one remembers seeing "Kyron without his step mom ..

It is sad that we put so much creedence on what we hear third hand, and then 4th hand, buy the time it gets to the public.

What if no one did see him after his step mom left? Lets say no one did.. we wud assume that she was involved..

The sad part is that there are crimes committed where the last known person who saw the victim has no one else to corroborate their story... they then become the target

I suspect this gramma went out on a limb to help Kyron's family despite being told to keep quiet.. She prolly thought it was the least she cud to help this step mom..She is prolly awarte of what is going on.. I wud have likely done the same thing. I also suspect these ppl are not known to be dysfunctional which seems to be another prejudice..

In the case of Jessica Lunsford, no one cud corroborate grammas story and she was blamed until they found Jesica's remains..There was no one to speak for the Lunsfords.

In mnay cases there isnt anyone to speak, and if there isnt it makes the chances way higher that ppl are just going to convict the person, which is how our society seems to want it ....guilty till proven innocent..scary

Another thing that is happening is that we are teaching perps that if they can take a child without having been seen... they will likely walk away as these perps must see that immediatley LE/society is automatically blaming familys.. Perps must see that if they can get in somewhere without forced entry and without cameras.. they will never be suspected... This is horrible...!

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Kyron Horman's family issues statement, requests that no one lose hope

Updated: Friday, June 11, 2010, 1:33 PM

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 2 Kyron-10

The family of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman held a news conference today near Skyline Elementary School in Northwest Portland.

Father Kaine Horman and step-mother Terri Moulton Horman, as well as the boy's biological mother, Desiree Ann Davidson, and her husband Tony Young, read a statement at 1 p.m. at the church across from the school where their boy went missing last Friday.

"Hello, I am Tony Young and I am Kyron stepfather. The family has asked me speak on their behalf today. Kyron, we miss you, we love you and we need you home right now. We're doing everything we can to work with law enforcement .... so you can get back to us as soon as possible.

"We want you to know how much we appreciate the outpouring of thoughts as we wait for you. Thank you friends, family and staff at your school that show how much the impact of one little boy's smiling face can have on a community.

"Until you come home, this family is not complete. Please Kyron keep up the hope, we know you will be back with us soon."

-- Laura Gunderson

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/post_24.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:11 pm

How sad... poor little Kyron...

Im glad the family did this by using the step dad to read a written statement... Noones words can be mangled and no ones demeanor of how they say something can be scrutinized and they have a copy f what was said so that they can refer back....

I wonder if there has been any progress with the loser who was arrested for attempted kidnapping on Jun 8?

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:52 pm

I don't mind being wrong so I'm going to have to play the skeptic role on this one.....

That step mom is smiling!....and she looks weirdly proud. She freakin' did something with Kyron!

I don't really care what his little friend said. I'm ignoring it because he's a kid and well....he's a kid.

I want to know if there was a door leading outside down the hallway from Kyron's classroom that stepmom could have gone back inside the school through and taken Kyron without anyone noticing?

See, we don't know why Kyron went to his classroom so early when he well could have stayed and looked at other exhibits until 10AM. He looks the type to be interested in doing that. In fact, any kid would be more interested in doing that than in going to sit down at their desk. Kyron appeared to be excited about the Science Fair! I don't believe for one second he was over it at 8:30ish.

Justice4all wrote:Kyron Horman's family issues statement, requests that no one lose hope

Updated: Friday, June 11, 2010, 1:33 PM

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 2 Kyron-10

The family of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman held a news conference today near Skyline Elementary School in Northwest Portland.

Father Kaine Horman and step-mother Terri Moulton Horman, as well as the boy's biological mother, Desiree Ann Davidson, and her husband Tony Young, read a statement at 1 p.m. at the church across from the school where their boy went missing last Friday.

"Hello, I am Tony Young and I am Kyron stepfather. The family has asked me speak on their behalf today. Kyron, we miss you, we love you and we need you home right now. We're doing everything we can to work with law enforcement .... so you can get back to us as soon as possible.

"We want you to know how much we appreciate the outpouring of thoughts as we wait for you. Thank you friends, family and staff at your school that show how much the impact of one little boy's smiling face can have on a community.

"Until you come home, this family is not complete. Please Kyron keep up the hope, we know you will be back with us soon."

-- Laura Gunderson

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/post_24.html
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Family of missing Kyron Horman speaks to the media

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Just heart-wrenching......... Sad I hope good news of Kyron will come soon....they are in such pain. Kyron, I hope you come home soon, happy and healthy.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:31 am

Lottie..which image is it that you see the step mom smiling?

I see that a still photo of the bio mom looks like her lips are stretched out where one may think its a smile, but when you see the actual video, you can clearly see that she is unable to stop her tear, and is completly crumbling... She is the only one who is visably crying and the other 3 are just clearly distraught...

Im wondering also, if you discount what the boy has said (about his last sighting being after the step mom already left).. then what is it that you are considering "credible" or valid, in where you feel the step mom may be involved, and who said it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Kyron search: 'We're getting closer to where he is'

By KATU News and KATU.com Staff
Story Published: Jun 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. – Kyron's favorite color is red. That's one of five questions the family of the missing 7-year-old boy answered out of countless questions received after the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office opened up questioning, by e-mail, to the press.

It is into day nine of the search for Kyron Horman, a second-grader from Skyline Elementary School. On Saturday the family answered press questions, for the first time, via a police liaison at a 2 p.m. press conference.

The search has stretched on since Kyron was first reported missing Friday, June 4, after he failed to get off his school bus. Sergeant Diana Olsen, working on the search effort with Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, now tells us this search has become "one of the largest searches in the state as far as the assets and the number of agencies that have responded." Three hundred searchers are on the ground Saturday, with help from search dogs, horses, helicopters and the latest search technology.

Multnomah County Sheriff’s Captain Mike Shults, the liaison between Kyron's family and law enforcement, spoke to the press to answer the five questions Saturday, after the press conference was moved from noon to 2 p.m.

Shults spoke first about the emotions of family members on the podium at a Friday press conference, the only time family members have spoken publicly: "They're not used to all the cameras, and all the people," Shults said, "and under the stress of missing a child it was very difficult for them on that day."

Then he provided answers to five of the questions posed by the media that were answered by family members. They told us that a cat, Bootsie, would follow the 7 year old around his property and would meet him at the bus. They also confirmed much of what KATU has already reported: that he likes art, frogs and Hot Wheels; had a belly laugh; and had lots of friends.

In response to a question about what he wants to be when he grows up, the family told police he "wants to be a police detective and an investigator," Shults said. Few other details were released.

The press also asked why the family was not helping with the search. Shults responded in support of the family: "There are many books written on the subject of why family shouldn't help," he said.

He said investigators wanted the family to be close, and available. He said the family needs to be prepared for the long-term experience of "trying to find our boy," and that means keeping themselves healthy – mentally and physically.

Shults said he and his "FBI colleagues," once they determined this search "could take some time," needed the family to "keep some of the normal activities in their life" to help combat stress. Shults contends that when "the family" was told to resume their life they broke down, telling deputies that "You don't understand, our normal activities are with Kyron. Everything we do now will not be normal."

The family liaison also implied the family was told to stay "off the blogs that throw things in wrong directions." This information could be in response to a Facebook comment made by Kyron's step-mom on the first Saturday of the search. In that comment she said: "Please don’t listen to the news. It is inaccurate. We will give details as soon as we can.”

At the press conference Saturday deputies also reiterated that no new supply donations for the search effort are needed at this time. "This community is so tight knit that they have not only people donating, but cooking food," said Sergeant Diana Olsen. "We’ve literally had a buffet.”

The search effort is, however, still looking for cash donations to off-set search expenses through a Bank of America fund.

For those still wanting to help, a Multnomah County Sheriff's Office spokesperson reminded the community to look at the clothes Kyron was reported to be wearing last and continue phoning in tips to (503) 261-2847.

Meanwhile, Sergeant Olsen said she feels progress is being made: "We know where he's not," she said, "and we feel we're getting closer to where he is."

A sheriff's spokesman denied this has turned into a criminal investigation.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/96220474.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:30 pm

VIDEO: Saturday Kyron update

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Snipped from the J4A's article above...

Kyron search: 'We're getting closer to where he is'

By KATU News and KATU.com Staff
Story Published: Jun 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM PDT

The family prepared responses to 5 questions posed by the media, LE read a statement and provided answers to five of the questions posed by the media that were answered by family members

"had a belly laugh; and had lots of friends".

-----------

I just wanted to point out that if you listen to the presser that is attached to J4A's article, you will see that, the media have been a TAD sloppy....

The Capt Schulz, explains that the media were abole to ask 5 questions to the family...

The family responded and Capt Schulz read their responses and it is CLEAR that in their response.. they do not use past tense in any of their responses...

The familiy DID not say that he HAD a beely laugh, and that he HAD lots of friends....

Plain and simple, there were no past tense resonses whatsoever.. I assume the person who reported the story
"KATU.com Staff" ... didnt do this with any malice in mind, but as like in the Cummings case.. this type of reporting had a hand in the outcome of "guilty before proven innocent"... hopefully this isnt the start of irresponsible reporting.... I was glad LE read the note where you cud see he was reading their replies live and from the paper they gave him...

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 2 Empty Kyrons Natural parents

Post by ou812 Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Why haven't Kyron's natural parents been in the spotlight of the news?
I would trace all of the family of Kyron's to see if he can be located that way.
Have the janitor's and employees of the school been researched. What about the 9 or so sex preditors within 10 mile radius, we need answers to these questions that have not been amswered. If they have , I have not heard.

ou812

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:57 pm

ou812,

Welcome!

Kyrons natural parents have been in the spotlight..

Im not sure how much you have been following thias case, however the article/live statement/presser posted by J4A, about 4 up from here, is an actual statement made by the family...

Cain (sp?) spoke on behalf of the family who was standing right behind him in support. The groupl included the bio mom, and her husband (who also spoke) along with his wife (step mom)...

I too have major concerned in the investigation but only becasue we havent specifically heard what angles and leads they are following..

I assume that it is in the best interest of Kyron, that LE dont share much.

I personally havent heard anything about following up and ruling out RSO... that concerns me...although I cant see that they havent/arent working that angle.

We also know that a male was arrested last week, for an attempted abduction of a teen male last week approx 20 miles from the school..I havent heard any follow up or report on this potential lead

I personally hope LE dont lose focus, where they put too many eggs in their basket where the family is concerned...

I expect that they have ruled out anyone in the families, who LE have drawn a clear pic that they are being 100 percent cooperative..

There have been too many cases, where LE drops the ball and focuses on the family, wrecks evidence on account of their narrow minds, and still have no answers...

I pray for Kyron's safe return, and still hold out hope that he is alive and sadly being forced captive against his will...

It is sickening how our children are being taken from right underneath our nosaes whiule we sleep, or while we teach, or while they are simply walking home, living their lives...

I hope society, doesnt continue wrecking investigations by not having a bigger awareness that perps are arrogantly coming into the places we expect safe, and snatching our children while LE loses focus and concentrates on the obvios (last known person to see the victim) as it is hampering their investigations while therse perps must be laughing.. If we dont change our mind set, we will continue to encourage these sick monsters where we will be teaching them that they can come into ourt homes and schools, daycares etc and take our children and will not get caught as LE will get stuck on the family..

I pray for changes within society where we start getting out of our comfort zones, and trust more, and judge less. We need to demand more from LE, and our media..(as they are the "informants" and we are the "assessors"...

If we can keep an open mind and raise the bar in terms of the investigations and focus, we as society, can help by letting agencies and the media know that we arent gpoing to tolerate narrow mindedness, and shoddy reporting.. We arent going to tolerate wannabbess interfering with active investigations (Tim Miller, Len P., TJ Ward, Cobra) and we are going to start holding media accountable (NG, TJ H, AH) along with the reporter who wrote the above article where I addressed their clear error, in quoting the parents referring to Kyron in the past tense... ...This needs to stop and they need to be help accountable.. I am not saying it starts out to be malicious, but this is generally how it starts... I expect more!

If we dont change our expections..we can only expect to continue nabbing the wrong person and allowing the criminals to reoffend....

Gob Belss Kyron and his family...

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:36 pm

OMG....your username! Very popular in my high school days!
Welcome...

ou812 wrote:Why haven't Kyron's natural parents been in the spotlight of the news?
I would trace all of the family of Kyron's to see if he can be located that way.
Have the janitor's and employees of the school been researched. What about the 9 or so sex preditors within 10 mile radius, we need answers to these questions that have not been amswered. If they have , I have not heard.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:53 pm

I found an update at Val's:
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/06/08/kyron-horman-missing-endangered-child/#comment-40247

» Valhall said: { Jun 13, 2010 - 02:06:23 }

It has officially been declared a criminal investigation and searchers are being sent home.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23886542/detail.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:15 pm

I've always felt that this was or at least should be a criminal investigation. I never got the feeling that Kyron left school on his own and got lost.

I don't know what Blink has learned, but it doesn't look good judging from what she wrote in reply to a comment by Val at the following link.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/13/kyron-horman-missing-day-9-portland-search-update/comment-page-1/#comment-1594329

I know friend, and I fear I am about to release a piece that will turn your tears to rage.

I pray that God has Kyron in his arms, and that he is wearing the biggest blue ribbon for that science fair.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Blink has a new post up about a scoutmaster perv who lives in Kyron's community.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/13/kyron-horman-missing-and-endangered-would-opening-boy-scout-perv-files-help-find-him/

Here is an article about the perv from back in December.

Sexual predator registers with Lake Oswego police

Updated: Wednesday, December 23, 2009, 5:13 PM
Rick Bella, The Oregonian

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #1 - Page 2 Vandyk10

One of Oregon's most notorious sex offenders registered Tuesday with Lake Oswego police, as required by state law.

Timur Van Dykes, 53, was convicted in 1993 of 23 sex crimes against three young boys. He was sentenced to 18 years in prison and is now out on parole. Since his crimes became public, additional men have filed lawsuits accusing the former Boy Scout and church leader of sexual abuse.

Dykes, who formerly lived in Portland, now lists his residence as Lake Oswego. Police did not disclose the exact address.

Oregon State Police list Dykes as a sexual predator, identified as most likely to re-offend. Since his release from prison, he has been barred by court order from attending clubs, groups, social events or organizations. He may not have contact with anyone under 18 and may not engage in a personal relationship with anyone responsible for the care of minors.

Eight men who allege sexual abuse by Dykes seek a total of $33 million in civil lawsuits against the Boy Scouts of America and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Dykes formerly served as a leader in Boy Scout Troop 719, which was supervised by the Cherry Park Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

http://www.oregonlive.com/lake-oswego/index.ssf/2009/12/sexual_predator_registers_with_lake_oswego_police.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Investigators seek traffic footage in Kyron Horman disappearance

Updated: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 3:19 PM

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is seeking video footage of traffic on 15 Portland roads taken June 3 and June 4, the day Kyron Horman disappeared.

The office asked in a news release that anyone who has video of the streets call the search tip line at 503-261-2847 and leave their name, contact information and the location or street address where the footage was taken.

The roads sought are:

* Northwest Cornelius Pass Road
* Northwest Germantown Road
* Northwest Logie Trail Road
* Northwest Rocky Point Road
* Northwest Skyline Road
* Northwest 185th Avenue
* Northwest West Union Road
* Northwest Springville Road
* Bethany Boulevard
* Northwest Newberry Road
* Northwest McNamee Road
* Highway 30 between Northwest Rocky Point Road to Northwest Germantown Road
* Northwest Kaiser Road
* Northwest Thompson Road
* Northwest Laidlaw Road

-- Elliot Njus

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/investigators_seek_traffic_foo.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:20 am

Search for Kyron now a criminal investigation

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:48 am

Thanks J4A for all the updates. I sure hope they find out something more definite soon.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMonkey Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:28 am

Hi all!

I've been a lurker for a while, but registered just so I could post on Kyron's story. This one has bothered me a lot. Even if LE thought he wandered off on his own, shouldn't they have asked for the camera footage from businesses in the area to rule anything out - long before now?!

I'll admit that I am not familiar with how LE operates in most cases, but they just appear so "wait and see" in this instance as though they expect someone else to solve it for them. Inside I am hoping that they know more than they are saying, but this delay in requesting footage leads me to believe that they don't.

Heartbreaking.

MissMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:43 am

Welcome, MissMonkey, to RC. I don't know if there were any businesses with cameras. I do know that the school did not have any type of cameras for security.

But if there were cameras close by, I'm sure LE asked for the tapes. I think this was a small school in a small town and they didn't have the security measures larger schools and cities have.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMonkey Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 am

Sitemama: I know the school didn't have any, but AJ's post said
The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is seeking video footage of traffic on 15 Portland roads taken June 3 and June 4, the day Kyron Horman disappeared.

The office asked in a news release that anyone who has video of the streets call the search tip line at 503-261-2847 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 503-261-2847 end_of_the_skype_highlighting and leave their name, contact information and the location or street address where the footage was taken.

I was in a 'near miss' car accident a couple of weeks ago and the police asked the businesses in the area if their cameras covered the section of the road. I'd have thought in a case where a child goes missing, no matter how they went, it would be one of the first things to look for.

MissMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 am

OMG, I am so stupid. When I read the thread where they were asking for videos of all those streets, I guess I just had a senior moment. I thought to myself, now, who in the world was making videos of happenings on all those streets. Please excuse my stupidity. Maybe it was too late when I read that post.

Anyway, welcome to RC and hope you enjoy this site. All the other ppl here are very smart and we have such a great time together.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMonkey Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:08 am

No worries. I won't be a senior for a while yet, but have more than my share of these moments. I call mine Baby Brain because I appear to have lost my previous one whilst pregnant.

MissMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:54 am

Welcome ou812 and MissMonkey!

I am stunned that it has taken this long to ask for such videos and to classify this as a criminal investigation. We've turned over video to police more than once for just traffic accidents in front of our office building. THE SAME DAY! The information about this former scout leader and dangerous sex offender is very disturbing.....
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:57 am

Welcome MissMonkey,

Sorry to hear about your mishap and hope you didnt endure any physical damage....

I was shocked when reading that this request has just been made...

I was also shocked to hear that they NOW refer to and classify this case as "criminal"....

Is it not criminal that a 7 yr old boy disappears from his school?

I believe it is criminal to not have classified this case as criminla when the 911 call was made...

I suspect it has to do with narrow mindedness.. or money ,...maybe both..

Does the reclassification need go thru all kinds of red tape awaiting approval on money spent???

Is it because LE waste days and weeks stuck on ruling out the guardians?

What is the problem with our society.. Our children go missing and it takes almost 2 weeks for it to become criminal?

As far as I know.. many businesss who have surveilance, tape over footage after 72 hours max....

This is unacceptable.. we need to take a stand, and stop allowing LE to have tunel vision where they are waiting for a family member to come clean or slip up... IMO this is exactly what has happened and has happened in many cases...

We are teaching the perps that they wont get caught.. That is what's happening.. We are letting them get away with it and we are torturing family members.. We need to open our minds and realize that perps exist and will take out children and we need to teach them they will be caught and prosecuted... Instead, all we teach them is that LE will take their time, and influence media and society, that the family holds the key...

It needs to change and we need to change it.. We need to start by looking outside the family early.. Immediately..

We need to start having an innocent befdore proven guilty mind set which is what it is suppopsed to be.. I dont see this practiced in any of these cimes...

This is not going to change until we change it..

This perps are laughing....

Shame on LE for not looking at every surveilance camera in Portland, the evening of the reported abduction....

I was also wondering if there were dogs brought in to the school... I didnt see any footage or hear about them being there..

Shame on LE... is this good enough for you?

I was sickened to hear LE schmooze by teling us how supportive the family is ... WHAT THE HELL ELSE CAN THEY DO?
Why isnt the FBI taking thses cases immediately?

WHat a crock... I am wrioting a letter to that Office and expressing my concerns and hope many ppl will follow..

Strength comes in numbers....

\It makes me sick... I am holding out hope that this request was made day one and is now

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:10 pm

Welcome ou812 & Miss Monkey to RC.

I hope you both like it here. It's a great blog with many wonderful people.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Justice4all wrote:Investigators seek traffic footage in Kyron Horman disappearance

Updated: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 3:19 PM

The office asked in a news release that anyone who has video of the streets call the search tip line at 503-261-2847 and leave their name, contact information and the location or street address where the footage was taken.

The roads sought are:

* Northwest Cornelius Pass Road
* Northwest Germantown Road
* Northwest Logie Trail Road
* Northwest Rocky Point Road
* Northwest Skyline Road
* Northwest 185th Avenue
* Northwest West Union Road
* Northwest Springville Road
* Bethany Boulevard
* Northwest Newberry Road
* Northwest McNamee Road
* Highway 30 between Northwest Rocky Point Road to Northwest Germantown Road
* Northwest Kaiser Road
* Northwest Thompson Road
* Northwest Laidlaw Road

-- Elliot Njus

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/investigators_seek_traffic_foo.html

Mapping a route, huh? Seems like they know a particular vehicle to look for.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:32 pm

A day late probably a life short! Sickening!

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:23 pm

I know...really....why did they wait so long?

Maybe they just found the lead? Maybe?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Kyron Horman’s Stepmom Unfairly Implicated in Disappearance

June 14th, 2010
Opinion by MomLogic

Kyron Horman, age 7, is as adorable as can be. And he has completely disappeared with no leads after a school science fair. Kyron was last seen at Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Ore., last Friday, June 4, 2010. He had done a project on the red-eyed tree frog. Kyron seemed happy that morning at school.

Sheriff’s deputies, FBI patrols and the National Guard have all been searching for Kyron for eight days now. In addition to its Behavioral Analysis Unit, the FBI has dispatched its Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team — although that doesn’t necessarily mean the authorities have determined that an abduction has taken place. Classmates and teachers have been questioned, as well as Kyron’s stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman.

As a stepmother myself, I feel horrified that his stepmom (who apparently was the last person to be with him) has been softly implicated in some media reports. I can only imagine her heartbreak and heartache at his disappearance. It also must be hard for her to be questioned. But despite my sympathy, I can’t help but wonder why the family didn’t come out and address the public sooner. Why didn’t they immediately reach out (beg, gravel, cajole) for help finding their son? A Facebook friend of mine from college reached out to me last weekend; shouldn’t we expect the parents of this missing kid to do the same?

Until their first public appearance Friday afternoon, all four of Kyron’s parents (two biological, two step) had been noticeably absent from the media. That might have been because they were in shock. I have dealt with hundreds of abduction cases, and I can tell you that the range of the parents’ responses are as diverse as their kids — and the crimes themselves. So my words shouldn’t be taken to mean that I think Kyron’s stepmom (or any of his other parents/guardians) are guilty in any way. In this media-crazed day and age, though, parents of missing kids must connect with intelligent, media-savvy professionals who can give them guidance and help them use the media to their best advantage in the search for their missing child.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/kyron-horman-s-stepmom-unfairly-implicated-in-disappearance
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next