Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photos of Skyline Elem

+4
Maat
LottieM
sitemama
Calypso
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Photos of Skyline Elem Empty Photos of Skyline Elem

Post by Calypso Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Skyline Elem Aerial View:

Skyline School in early June

Skyline School from above

Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Photos of Skyline Elem Empty Re: Photos of Skyline Elem

Post by Calypso Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Skyline Elem Aereial View:

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Photos of Skyline Elem Empty Floor Plans of Skyline Elem

Post by Calypso Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Can someone enlarge these and repost them?

Floor Plans of Skyline Elem:

floor plan of skyline

Basement Floor Plans:

basement FP school
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:52 pm

What are these for?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:03 pm

To look at and get some ideas, Mama.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Also, to have some clarity of the schools layout.

*My source for the pictures, has all these photos, but they are small and I don't know how to enlarge them. If someone can help, pm me and I will send the link.

Thank you!!

Last edited by Calypso on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Request for assistance)
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:26 pm

You're just a little board organizer, aren't you? :)

Most of these pics are on the other discussion thread scattered about. The floor plan is there too and it's larger. Don't have time to go find it and give you the link though right now. Sorry. Sad
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:38 pm

What was Kyron's classroom number?
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:39 pm

More floorplan links: https://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/Maps%20KYRON/
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:17 pm

If I remember correctly, it was 203.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:23 pm

I think it's not on the second floor because a parent/volunteer said it was adjacent to the door that led out to the rear parking lot. That makes it 109 or 110...but who knows? Even that seems to be a huge secret!

There was a big discussion about this in the discussion thread if you want to catch up. :)
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:26 pm

LottieM wrote:You're just a little board organizer, aren't you? :)

Organized, me? Hahaha!

Most of these pics are on the other discussion thread scattered about. The floor plan is there too and it's larger. Don't have time to go find it and give you the link though right now. Sorry. Sad

No problem. Thanks for pointing the way, I'll see if I can't locate them. I have to go here shortly, so maybe tomorrow or later tonight.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:43 pm

No offense to anyone here, but boy, am I glad this is not my kids' schools. It would make me very uneasy seeing it, esp. the floor plans, all over the net as part of a crime story. I'm not blaming you guys at all for posting it here, just the fact that it's on the internet in the first place. Not necessarily the aerial views, because anyone can get that on Google Earth, but it still puts it out there even more for some perv.

Last edited by Julie on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Good point, Julie!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Scary, affraid , isn't it?
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Yeah! It's scary that stuff like that is even available to the public!

Do you know in some places our home floorplans are available to the general public? All you have to do is go the courthouse and get on their computer.

Skyline is so rural, it only makes things more scary.

My son went to a rural-ish elementary school once...it was just rural-ish because it was at the end of a dead end road where there was nothing but woods and a river around it. One day I went to drop him off (1st grade) and there were cops all over the place! I took my kid home, called the school and asked what was up...they said someone had reported a guy going into the woods with a rifle! They said It's OK it has nothing to do with us so bring jeff on in! I was like NO! There's man in the woods with a gun! Photos of Skyline Elem 858297

Sometimes I think schools are ignorant.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Wow, Lottie, that is freaky! Photos of Skyline Elem 858297 is right! Do you know if they ever found the guy?
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:22 pm

No, they never found the guy! And they just blew it off at the cop station. I had called the cop station before I'd take my kid back in that day...they said they didn't find him and just figured all was well....I kept my kid home that whole day. He was happy! But you wouldn't believe all the parents that morning with the cops surrounding the school and going into the woods, and the parents were just dropping their kids off right and left! Some left besides me.

So his classroom door was one down from the exit door that led out to the woods...and they never locked it! So I had a huge fit after the gun incident(and found out they never locked that door) and went to the school board and tried to get them to lock the doors from the outside during school hours. They didn't want to 'scare anyone' or act 'paranoid' so they said no...so i said I was going to the newspaper and local TV and tell them about the gun story and the doors etc....they said "you wouldn't do that'...I said Watch me, Bitch! ....so I didn't end up having to go to the media and they did enact a policy to lock the doors...but they had to have a meeting about it first and talk about the pros and cons of it all!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:15 am

You know, we think this is something new, and it never happened when our kids were small. I'm not talking to you girls who have young children, I'm talking to us old girls.

At my daughter's tonight, she had a friend over for the cook-out. Her friend's husband told us a story about when he was 7 years old, which would have been 1969. He and two of his little buddies walked 2 blocks to the playground. A man was offering them money to go with him into the woods to find his dog. None of them went, but he got another boy to agree to go with him. They heard the boy scream and start to cry, so they ran home and told their moms. They called the police and they caught the man as he came out of the woods, on the other side where his car was parked. He still had the little boy, but he was safe.

So this happened back then, but we just didn't hear about it like we do now.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:17 am

Unbelievable! I would have taken my kids home too. I'd be just as pissed about the door thing too. I can't believe they had to have a meeting about locking a door! Yikes!!!!!!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:21 am

Wow, Mama, that is scary too. I was born in '67, so figure stuff like that was probably happening all over in the 70's too, but like you said, we didn't hear as much about it as we do now, with cable news & internet. I think too "some" predators back then may have been more scared off from acting on their whatever, impulses? because it wasn't so newsworthy back then. Today, I think they figure their story is just a drop in the bucket among all the other stories of pervs & missing kids. There's just too many now.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:24 am

AND...they really don't get punished for being a perv. The whole RSO rules seem to be all loused up, and it's so easy for them to ignore the rules for registering etc. I've seen so many stories how they still live within the areas of schools, parks, etc that they're not supposed to be in. Outrageous!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:35 am

Mama, you are so right!

This has been going on forever.

The Greeks had children they "mentored" and in different civilizations, young, sometimes infants, are married off at a young age to expand empires, settle disputes, etc...

However, this wasn't labeled as a disease or dysfunction called pedophilia.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:42 am

Quoting this article again:

Are Child Molesters Mentally Ill?
Pedophiles and other predators

PAMELA KULBARSH, RN
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2006
Updated: July 8th, 2008 05:27 PM GMT-05:00

A raging debate abounds in the psychiatric world. Pedophilia is a mental health diagnosis. Some members of the American Psychiatric Association want to exclude the diagnosis of pedophilia from the books. Others believe doing so would imply that sexual urges towards and acts against children would no longer considered as "abnormal." Normalizing sexual contact with children could have profound legal consequences; if it is normal, then how can it be illegal?

Do all offenders have a mental illness? Not necessarily. For a clinical diagnosis of pedophilia, a person will have had recurrent, intense, sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children, for a period of at least 6 months. Moreover, the person has acted on these sexual urges, or the sexual urges or fantasies cause marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Investigation/Are-Child-Molesters-Mentally-Ill/18$31904

Photos of Skyline Elem 858297
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:50 am

You know, I really don't know how we reached this point on this thread. One of our rules @ RC is to stay on topic. First of all, this topic is pictures of Kyron's school. We have already seen these much earlier, and I didn't know what relevance they had at the time, unless we were going to go there and search.

But, now we are off discussing pedophiles. We don't know if that is probable in this case or not. As far as all the descriptions of what a pedophile is, we don't need that.

I'm sorry if I am stepping on someone toes, but all this does not tell us where Kyron is. It is just more empty talk because we don't know anything new about this case.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:23 am

mama, you're right. It seems like we keep 'getting an education' on extraneous interests, rather than discussing Kyron's case. We don't know if a ped was even involved in this case.....but there's even a thread about peds specifically so, things are getting on the wrong threads.

Where are the mods to reorganize our sanity?
I like it when we can open a thread and know what the topic is and when the subjects are confined and adhered to:)

And while I'm calling all mods....can we please organize the posts brought from other irrelevant boardie's and facebookie's wild and crazy remarks into some rumor-type thread? I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but I don't think we need to have so much craziness spread all over our home willy nilly. :)
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:29 am

PS mama, as I recall the last time the pics of Skyline and the classroom layout were posted, they were in an effort to understand where Kyron's room was and discuss Terri's exit and that sort of thing based on conflicting interviews and conflicting media reports. It was relevant to the case at the time. No offense to anyone, but I don't know why the pics are here now in their own thread.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:21 am

I just find it disturbing that a school's layout is available on the internet in the first place for anyone to look up, that's all I was saying.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Mama, even though we try to keep things close to a certain topic...we aren't really sticklers about it. I do see what you mean here, but I think that Cylispo just posted in the wrong thread, lol. No problem.

Now back to the school talk.... Very Happy
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:39 pm

So, what room was Kyron in? Just trying to gauge exits, restrooms, surrounding areas, etc.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:41 pm

I haven't been able to figure that out....what parking lot his classroom was closest to....

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:48 pm

This is the view of his doorway and the steps. You can see outside the window. I can't make out the room number, but 203 may be correct.
Photos of Skyline Elem -e632fd5981f7bfed
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Having the pictures available in one section is so one doesn't have to search for them. It makes it easier to refer to them when someone needs to check something.

The photographs/floorplans are a representation of
Skyline Elem, the place where this child disappeared from.

That's why I posted them here.

We don't have access, or knowledge of,
direct evidence or real evidence.

We have plenty of opinion evidence, and we don't know how valid any circumstantial evidence is.

Photographs are important as they are demonstrative/illustrative evidence.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:49 pm

I think I see the soccer goal out the window. That could be a point of reference.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:57 pm

It looks like it may be room 213 instead of 203.
Photos of Skyline Elem ?action=view&current=floorplanofSkylinecropped
https://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/Maps%20KYRON/?action=view&current=floorplanofSkylinecropped.jpg
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Or if it is 217, then it has a more private exit, makes more sense that she waved goodbye as he headed down the hallway, and leads to a more wooded area.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

this puts Kyron's classroom on level one, not level two.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

I would believe this parent over the media who said it was a second floor room aka the photo of the new custodian at the top of the stairs.

For the noobs because I've posted this elsewhere weeks ago (didn't want y'all thinking I was getting senile Laughing ): Kyron was seen by Tanner at the bottom of the stairs...he didn't say which stairs, but this same set of stairs we see the custodian getting ready to walk down (re pic above) lands near Kyron's classroom per the floor plan if the parent volunteer is correct about Kyron's classroom.

Directionally, this takes Kyron and Terri from the gym, to the stairs (re:pic of custodian) and down to Kryon's classroom.....if Kyron's classroom is the one in the corner of that wing, it makes sense what Terri said that she walked him near his classroom and left, if she went out that rear door.

Why the heck won't the officials or KAINE say what room number was Kyrons? Does it hold too much water for Terri to be telling the truth?

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:38 pm

What happened to the first pics posted in this thread?

I'm posting a link here to another forum...hope it's ok...a poster (HollysGmom) posted a TON of pics of the school.

http://www.examiner.com/amber-alerts-in-national/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-kaine-horman-give-different-reasons-why-son-james-moved-out-video

I need to recheck the floorplan, but if that pic of the maintance man IS by Kyron's class, then I think it's on the North side, not the south side of the school. Problem is, as I recall, the North side is by the soccer field and there is no parking lot at the bottom of those stairs...it's the soccer field.

Problem is we need to pick something that we use as a compass:
1 the picture (this is most definately the north side, compare the windows)
2 Kyron's class being on the north side
3 The exit adjacent to his class leading to the parking lot.

I beleive 1 & 2 put his class at 217 (if I remember right)
#3 puts his room at #203

#1 does not agree with #3 because the window is different
#2 doesn't agree w/ #3 because the parking lot is on the south side
#1 & #2 agree witheachother.

Check out the pictures in the link, quite revealing.

I think having visuals of all this does help to figure things out. And keeping them in a seperate place for easy access I think makes sense.

Thanks Calypso for all your hard work. I took a little break, and really need to keep things undercontrol, but would LOVE to help you out anyway I can!
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Side door
This is the side door alcove. Straight behind me is the soccer field.

Photos of Skyline Elem Side_d10

Inside the front side door
I put the camera up to the door. Just stairs. Would be very easy for a kid to stand by the door to the right and not be seen by people walking in the hall even with the hall doors open

Photos of Skyline Elem Side_d11
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Exit
This exit leads directly to the parking lot. Situated near the front of the school. Signs say to use main entrance only

Photos of Skyline Elem Skylin16

View inside school
Looking in the door nearest the parking area. A child would be seen by people in the hallway if he were standing at this door. Not like the door on the other end of this long hall

Photos of Skyline Elem Skylin17
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Maat wrote:This is the view of his doorway and the steps. You can see outside the window. I can't make out the room number, but 203 may be correct.
Photos of Skyline Elem -e632fd5981f7bfed

Bumping Maat's pic back up

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:45 pm

KJ, I couldn't get to Portland Pics from your link for some reason. Here's the link I've been using:

http://forums.radionewz.net/index.php?topic=151.0
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Ok, now go look at the pics from the other forum.

Look at the windows above the doorways on the OUTSIDE of the school.

Then go look at the floorplan with the room numbers.

I'm going to the floor plan now.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Photos of Skyline Elem 33ct4l1

The shot of the classroom door

- can't be 217 or 216 because there are no stairs there.

- can't be 203 because the doorway is on the wrong side of the hallway

- it can't be 203 because from the outside view of these doorways, there is no large window (as shown on the 2nd floor in the pic) above it.

This pic has to be of the doorway to room 213.

The question that remains is whether this pic IS of Kyron's class doorway.

*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:32 pm

I think that photo is RM 217......
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Because of the window above and soccer field

Photos of Skyline Elem Room_210
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Kyron's room was close to an exit that lead to the back parking lot....which would make him room 201 upper floor, 103 lower floor...

Heading to the back of the school
Storage garage beyond the school. Parking in this part of the lot is on the right. School door alcove to the left

Photos of Skyline Elem Kyron_10
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Look at the difference between the windows on the 2nd floor (above the doors) one is MUCH larger than the other.

I think, facing the entrance, that the window in the picture is the larger of the 2, the one on the left (roughly north side) of the building.

Also, look at the floor plans. There are no stairs by room 217. There are stairs (and an exit) at either corner (left & right corners) at the front of the building.

His room is definatley either 201 or 213.

I just don't know which since, one is northish (213) and aligns with one statement. The other is southish (201) and leads to the parking lot, which aligns with another statement.

And then there is the pic...it's definately by room 213...

I wish the school info said which room was Mrs Porters...it would make this whole thing SO much easier to figure out!

Last edited by *KJ* on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Door closest to Kyron's room

Exit
This exit leads directly to the parking lot. Situated near the front of the school. Signs say to use main entrance only.

Photos of Skyline Elem Kyron_12

View inside school
Looking in the door nearest the parking area. A child would be seen by people in the hallway if he were standing at this door. Not like the door on the other end of this long hall.

Photos of Skyline Elem Kyrons10

Back parking area

Photos of Skyline Elem Backpa10

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Piper,

Can you determine if there are doors to the boiler room from inside the school, or is the only access through that red, paint peeling outside door?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next