Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

+37
justanopinion
indypeg59
Marica
Freckles
Nene_Please
Gia
rpozos11
katie77092
kellikat
Feefee
BeFound
flutter1
christinem
CindyTx
eva
burekbeba
Calypso
warriorforemma
shccuervo
Jean
khintx
Sad
TigerMom
Spikey
LCoastMom
WantToKnow
FystyAngel
Caylee'sJustice
Serenity
MLR
LuLu-Tx
Cali
Estee
Snaz
Justice4all
Piper
Julie
41 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 2 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:17 pm

This is an article published by the Houston Chronicle pertaining to Abigail Young's trial. Interesting info! There are two pictures in the upper left of the article . . .Emma in the field of bluebonnets and Abigail Young (Click on 2)
~~~~~~~

Defense tries to make case for Emma's mother
Her family didn't see 'red flags' of abuse either, Young's lawyers argue in case of slain little girl

By BRIAN ROGERS
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
July 10, 2010, 8:00AM

Abigail Young's husband and sister had the same information, saw the same signs of possible abuse on the licensed nurse's 4-year-old daughter and had the same opportunities to alert authorities, but they did not, Young's defense lawyers said Friday.

"There weren't red flags for them either," said defense attorney Julie Ketterman. "Her sister and her husband at the time had the exact same information that she did about everybody, including Luke, and they didn't voice any concerns either."

That, her lawyers say, shows that Young should not be blamed in Emma Thompson's assault and rape — which authorities say was at the hands of her boyfriend, Lucas Coe, last summer.

Young, 34, is charged with serious bodily injury to a child by omission, accused of failing to protect her daughter, who arrived dead at an emergency room on June 27, 2009, with 80 bruises and a fractured skull. If convicted, Young faces up to life in prison.

Prosecutors disputed Ketterman's assertion and said testimony showed that neither Young's former husband nor her sister knew as much as she did. They also elicited testimony in the two-week trial that Young lied to investigators and medical providers about dating Coe.

"We feel we proved our case," said Assistant Harris County District Attorney Colleen Barnett.

The prosecution rested its case Thursday. Young's attorneys began putting on her defense Friday and expect to finish Monday.

At the heart of the allegations is whether Young lied to authorities about secretly living with Coe.

Coe trial coming up

Coe, 28, has been charged with super aggravated sexual assault of Emma Thompson and is expected to be tried later this year. The recently created charge carries a minimum of 25 years in prison and a maximum of life. There is no chance of parole or early release, potentially making it a stiffer punishment than that allowed for murder.

Read more:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7101788.html?plckFindCommentKey=CommentKey:0877fd54-041b-484a-97b5-2eeee1c8d96b

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 2 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Snipped from the above Houston Chronicle article dated
7-10-09:

Coe trial coming up
Coe, 28, has been charged with super aggravated sexual assault of Emma Thompson and is expected to be tried later this year. The recently created charge carries a minimum of 25 years in prison and a maximum of life. There is no chance of parole or early release, potentially making it a stiffer punishment than that allowed for murder.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09
by sitemama Today at 8:57 am

.Have either one of them been charged with murdering this baby?.

No, sitemama. In regard to Coe, please see the above paragraph I snipped from a Houston Chronicle article.

Abigail Young's trial concluded with a guilty verdict of a lesser charge on 7-12-10. After the punishment phase of Young's trial, the jury handed down a sentence of 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. Per Texas law, Young will be eligible for parole in 5 years (good behavior).

The State of Texas was seeking a guilty verdict in the first degree felony charge which would have allowed for a maximum sentence of Life in Prison without Parole and a minimum of 25 years. Unfortunately, the jury found Young guilty of the lesser charge.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:19 am

This article is from Women in Crime Ink and is written by Kathryn Casey, mystery/crime author, whose hometown is Houston, Tx.

Diane Fanning, crime author from Texas, who wrote a book about the Casey Anthony case, also writes for this group.
~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Moms from Hell

http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/search?q=Emma+Thompson

Snipped:

Case two is just as horrifying, the on-going heartbreak of the short and terrifying life of little Emma Thompson, the cute, red-headed four-year-old pictured on the right. Before she died, Emma came to the attention of Houston's Child Protective Services when she contracted genital herpes. One would think perhaps that should have been enough to take the child away from her mother. Apparently CPS disagrees. Emma's mom, Abigail Young, is a nurse, described as a gifted one at that. How did she explain her daughter's STD? A dirty toilet seat. Next thing we know, little Emma was beaten to death.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:20 am

Since Emma Thompson died a brutal, horrific death on June 27, 2009, I have monitored the status of the nursing license of Abigail Young, Registered Nurse at the time of Emma's death, with the State of Texas Board of Nursing, Austin, Tx.

The last time I checked was on August 10, 2010. At that time, Young still had her license.

I just checked and I see after receiving Notice of Disciplinary Action by the Texas Board of Nursing, dated July 14, 2010, Abigail Young voluntarily surrendered her license.

Young's Voluntary Statement of Surrender is dated 8-4-10, signed by Young and notarized. The letterhead indicates a Brenham, Texas address. It is the address of a family member. I prefer to not state the name of the person. Young's address, at the time was and still is the Harris County Jail, Houston, Tx.
~~~~~

Texas Nurses - Verification Results

Compact ABIGAIL ELIZABETH YOUNG
•License Type: REGISTERED NURSE
•Resides in: BRENHAM TX 77833
•Issued on: 6/12/2001
•Licensure Status: VOL.SURRENDER - 8/16/2010
•Compact License: NO
•Current Disciplinary Action: VOLUNTARY SURRENDER - 8/16/2010
Click here to review the Board Order

https://www.bon.state.tx.us/olv/nurserslt.asp
State of Texas - Texas Board of Nursing - Austin, Tx
~~~~~
I checked the above Link and apparently it stays "hot" for a brief while. If you want to verify the above info, here is the Link. You will have to click on 'First and Last Name', then type Abigail and Young. Then click on Submit.

https://www.bon.state.tx.us/olv/nurseinq.html
~~~~~~~

This is the PDF file that includes The Order of the Board, Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law, Order, Second Amended Formal Charges, and Young's Notarized Voluntary Surrender Statement dated 8-4-10.

http://204.65.111.68/THP/axrw1a455vqlsk55hyfw1iui/866596.PDF
Texas Board of Nursing - Austin, Tx. PDF File - Abigail Young

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: Abigail Young was found guilty on 7-12-10. On 7-13-10, Young was sentenced to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. On 7-14-10, the Texas Board of Nursing - Austin, Tx, filed a Notice of Disciplinay Action.
On 8-4-10, Young signed her Voluntary Surrender Statement and on 8-16-10 her Licensure Status, by the Texas Board of Nursing, indicated VOL. SURRENDER - 8/16/2010
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:05 am

Whoever added the pictures and the video up-thread to the articles . . . . Thank you! I assume it was Snaz or Justice4All.

It really does look nice! I think it is wonderful that FystyAngel, site owner, has allowed this thread for Emma Thompson.

Also, Snaz and Justice4All, Administrators, are ensuring this thread is in line with the other threads on Reality Chatter.

This is all for Emma Thompson .. .. .. so many failed precious, little Emma prior to her horrific, brutal death and her maternal grandmother, Margie Routt Young, failed Emma after death by not supporting justice for Emma. Routt Young supported her daughter, Abigail Young, by testifying for the Defense. Routt Young did not give a Victim's Impact Statement on behalf of Emma Thompson. Routt Young failed her precious granddaughter by not providing a tombstone, ledger and cradle for Emma . . . an innocent child victim!

Reality Chatter has not failed Emma Thompson! We are all seeking justice for precious little Emma!

~ ~ ~ Justice for precious Emma Thompson! ~ ~ ~ afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:43 am

This is an interesting article from the Brenham Banner Press, Brenham, Tx. dated 7-13-10 about Abigail Young's trial.

In this article, some of the testimony of Laura, Abigail's oldest daughter who is now 12, is discussed. Laura testified via video camera and the Prosecution declined to question her. Laura testified for the Defense - her mother, Abigail!
~~~~~~~~~

Young found guilty of lesser charge

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:14 PM CDT

HOUSTON — The sentencing phase of Abigail Young’s trial began today, a day after a jury here deliberated only four hours before finding her guilty of reckless serious bodily injury to a child by omission.

Jurors actually convicted Young of the lesser of two possible charges. If they had been convinced that Young, a registered nurse and single mother, “intentionally or knowingly” failed to protect her daughter, she could have faced a life sentence.

The reckless serious bodily injury to a child by omission charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in state prison.

Young was convicted in the death of her 4-year-old daughter, Emma Thompson, who died June 27, 2009. Authorities said the child was covered with 80 bruises, a skull fracture, three broken ribs and signs of being struck in the abdomen.

Young’s one-time boyfriend, Lucas Coe, has been charged with enhanced aggravated sexual assault in the case. He expected to stand trial later this year.
Young burst into tears after jurors found her guilty. She was taken immediately into custody by sheriff’s deputies.

Her attorneys said the decision by jurors was a victory of sorts because she was not found guilty of the more serious charge.

Read more: http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2010/07/13/news/news01.txt
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:24 am

Just did an inquiry at the Harris County Jail on Lucas Ruric Coe. Nothing has changed! Coe is still there . . .
~~~~~~
Harris County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Inquiry

LAST NAME COE
FIRST NAME LUCAS
DOB
SPN NUMBER 01980445
SSN

CHARGES FOUND =1

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 09/07/2010 - 12:19

NAME COE, LUCAS RURIC SPN 01980445 DOB 11/24/1981

JAIL JA09/5F2 01F BOOKING DATE 02/18/2010
UP DATE OUT DATE

If the up date is the same as the out date, payment of the fine amount is not required to release the inmate from custody on that case.

CASE # 122787801010 BOOKING DATE 02/18/2010
CHARGE SUPER AGG SEX ASSLT CHILD < 6
COURT 232 COURT DATE 09/09/2010
BOND AMT 300000.00 FINE BALANCE DUE

http://apps.jims.hctx.net/sopublic/index.jsp
Harris County Sheriff's Office - Public Information Inquiry

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:51 am

This is a comment I posted on BNN in response to CptKD:

Ann - Tx said,in September 7th, 2010 at 2:41 am
CptKD said,in September 6th, 2010 at 6:16 pm
~~~~~~~~
Hi, CptKD!

You certainly had me fooled. Your style of commenting (writing) is so similar to Capt. Ken or Ken-Fl that I was fairly certain it was him. He always made intelligent comments and I looked forward to reading his comments.

KD, you have a very interesting background. Yes, Statement Analysis, is very interesting as well as Body Language. Body Language speaks volumes and is used by some major corporations in the U. S. in the hiring process. My body language was analyzed twice by two major corporations in the hiring process - I was hired so I guess I met their standards! After I was hired, they shared the analysis with me. It was right on! The professional analyzing me had me down to a T. The analysis was quite amazing.

If you will Google “body language” there is a wealth of info available. I had a lot of technical articles regarding body language saved and lost all of them a few days ago due to my Broadband and Internet connection being down. If I ever get time, I’ll try to search for the articles again.

As is evident, I am from Texas and live between Houston and Austin. I am an active advocate for child abuse/murder; missing children, elderly abuse and animal abuse. I get very involved in working with Texas State Legislators who have the power to change laws in Texas. I also work with decision makers at the County level.

You mentioned you follow cases of children - missing, murdered, etc. I am currently following the case of Emma Thompson, a 4-year-old child from Spring,Tx (near Houston, Tx), who was brutally raped and beaten by her mother’s boyfriend and died a horrific death on 6-27-09.

Three weeks before her death, she was diagnosed with Genital Herpes of the mouth, hands and vaginal area. As required by Texas law, her peditrician notified Texas Child’s Protective Services (CPS). CPS improperly investigated Emma’s case. Emma was not removed from her home and 3 weeks later she was dead.

Her mother, Abigail Young, a Registered Nurse, was convicted on July 12,2010 and sentenced on 7-13-10 to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. She will be eligible for parole in 5 years (good behavior). This is a slap on the hand! Young comes from a long line of wealth and the $10,000 is a drop in the bucket. She was able to hire two well known attorneys in Houston, Tx. And. . .they don’t come cheap!

Lucas Ruric Coe, Young’s boyfriend at the time, is charged with Super Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child < 6. His trial is scheduled to start next Monday, 9-13-10 in Harris County, Tx.

If found guilty (and I am confident he will be found guilty), the minimum allowed is 25 years in prison and the maximum is life without parole. The State of Texas (Harris County District Attorney Prosecutors) is seeking a guilty verdict with Life in Prison without the Possibility of Parole.

I have a personal interest in Emma’s case. I know her maternal family (grandmother, great grandparents, uncles, etc.) well. They live in my county. We are shocked as to how such a fine family who have contributed so much to our community have a daughter who raised an unfit mother like Young! Unbelievable but true!

If you are interested in this case, I wrote an intro in to this case in preparation for Coe’s trial. I’ve posted numerous articles, video’s, research info, etc. It will certainly bring you up to speed on this case. The Lead Detective, (investigator) in Emma’s case stated, in a Press Conference, Emma was the worst case of child abuse he has seen in his 19 years of Law Enforcement.

Emma sustained her fatal injuries 12 to 24 hours prior to her death per the Autopsy Report. She suffered pain prior to death. Some of her injuries were a fractured (cracked) skull (Young, RN, tried to Super Glue Emma’s skull together before taking her, by private vehicle, to an ER - did not even bother to call 911.), 80 contusions, severed pancreas, tearing in the vaginal area, 3 broken ribs, busted lips, massive internal injuries, etc. The Medical Examiner ruled blunt force abdominal trauma as the cause of death. Horrific, brutal death!

Lucas Coe has a long criminal history. He should have been in jail. Abigail Young even paid off a huge amount in restitution that Coe owed on a previous child abuse case in Houston! Then she had the stupidity and audacity to allow Coe into her home among her three young daughters.

I think the Prosecutors said it best at Young’s trial when they told the jury that Abigail Young cared more for Lucas Coe did she cared for her own daughter, Emma! (Not verbatim)

Emma is buried in a cemetery near my maternal grandparents. I always visit her grave when I visit my grandparents’ graves and that is often. In fact, I was there today.

KD, I think you would be very interested in this case especially since you have a LE background. If Young had not lied to CPS and others who investigated 3 weeks prior to Emma’s death, Emma would be alive today . . . provided she had been removed from her home.

I will be attending several days of Lucas Coe’s trial in Houston. I will be working closely with 2 newspapers, one radio station and one TV station outside of the greater Houston area during the trial. I have done this as the case unfolded, during Abigail Young’s trial and will do the same during Coe’s trial. This is to ensure coverage of Emma’s case.

Please take the time to visit Emma’s thread on Reality Chatter. As previously stated, I set the thread up and I will keep it updated as Coe’s trial progesses. Emma was a precious little girl. After you see her pictues, she will capture your heart!

Justice for precious Emma Thompson!

http://www.realitychatter.com/missing-murdered-f30/emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09-t2705.htm
Reality Chatter Thread by Ann-Tx 8-31-10
“Emma Thompson - Deceased 6-27-09″

CptKD, it was a pleasure “meeting” you and it appears we have some interests in common. I look forward to “talking” to you again. I have been following the cases of Haleigh Cummings and Caylee Anthony since day one.

Did you see Peter’s new article today? Very interesting. It’s about Casey “I kill” video and Dr. Glass.

I hope that Haleigh’s case is solved soon. Haleigh captured my heart and I wish that she is found soon and brought back to her family. I do feel Haleigh is deceased.

~~~~~
Posted in the Comment Section under the article, "Where is Haleigh Cummings?" by Jan Barrett, Editor, BNN:
http://www.bloggernews.net/125193/25195
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:22 am

what a horrible story.. thankfully the other 2 kids still have their lives... its hard to imagine, minds being so warped and sick...how anyone can hit/hurt anyone let alone a child is just too hard to wrap my head around...

She was such a sweetie pie..

These 2 shud never feel freedom again..

May Emma Rest In Peace!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:43 pm

About a week after Emma's horrific, brutal death, I started an informal group and we are seeking justice for precious, sweet, little Emma Thompson.

Members of our group are comprised of residents of Washington County, Tx and beyond. All either know or know of Emma's maternal side of the family.

I have kept our group updated and we all shared our thoughts and opinions. It has been a long march to justice, with some disappointments, but we respect authority and the decisions made regarding Emma Thompson's case. We may not agree with some of those decisions but we do respect authority.

This afternoon, I sent the following update to over 150 people in our group. For security and privacy reasons, some names, location, phone number, etc. is XXXXed out!

If anyone from the Houston area is reading here and plans to attend Lucas Ruric Coe's trial, there is detailed information towards the end of the update which you will find most helpful and informative!

afro ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Justice for precious Emma!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ afro

Updated info re Emma Thompson Case - Lucas Ruric Coe & Abigail Young:

In case you are not aware, I would like to advise you of the following:

Lucas Ruric Coe's Trial is scheduled for 9-13-10 in Houston, Harris County, Tx.
Pre-Trial Hearing is scheduled for 9-9-10. Per the Court Co-Ordinator in State District Court 232, it is a
Pre-Trial Motions Hearing.

Coe is charged with Super Agg Sex Asslt Child < 6
~~~~~~~~

The following is supporting info from the Harris County Sheriff's Office - Public Information Inquiry:

LAST NAME COE
FIRST NAME LUCAS
DOB
SPN NUMBER 01980445
SSN

CHARGES FOUND =1

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 09/07/2010 - 12:19

NAME COE, LUCAS RURIC SPN 01980445 DOB 11/24/1981

JAIL JA09/5F2 01F BOOKING DATE 02/18/2010
UP DATE OUT DATE

If the up date is the same as the out date, payment of the fine amount is not required to release the inmate from custody on that case.

CASE # 122787801010 BOOKING DATE 02/18/2010

CHARGE SUPER AGG SEX ASSLT CHILD < 6 COURT 232 COURT DATE 09/09/2010

BOND AMT 300000.00 FINE BALANCE DUE

~~~~~~~~

The following is per the Court Co-ordinator, State District Court 232:

Regarding Lucas Ruric Coe Trial:
Houston, Harris County, Texas

Per Court Co-ordinator of State District Court 232, Harris County, Texas:

Lucas Ruric Coe's Trial Date is:
Monday, 9-13-10

Pre-Trial Motion Date is:
Thursday, 9-9-10

Pre-trial motion is a hearing regarding any pre-trial motions.
~~~~~~~~

The following is per the Office of the District Attorney Pat Lykos, Harris County, Tx:

Per Office of District Attorney, Harris County, Texas -
Patricia R. Lykos

Docket for court 232 on 9/13/2010: (Partial - Name Specific)

State vs. Coe, Lucas Ruric
~~~~~~

Docket for court 232 on 9/9/2010 (Partial - Name Specific)

State vs. Coe, Lucas Ruric

For verification of the above, you will have to select court 232 and select 9-13-10 for Trial Date Docket;
select 9-9-10 for Pre-Trial Hearing (Motions) Docket.

http://app.dao.hctx.net/HelpingVictims/Docket.aspx
Office of District Attorney Patricia R. Lykos - Harris County, Texas
~~~~~~~~~~

For your info, I researched the status of Abigail Young's RN license with the Texas Board of Nursing. I have compiled the following:

Since Emma Thompson died a brutal, horrific death on June 27, 2009, I have monitored the status of the nursing license of Abigail Young, Registered Nurse at the time of Emma's death, with the State of Texas Board of Nursing, Austin, Tx.

The last time I checked was on August 10, 2010. At that time, Young still had her license.

I just checked and I see after receiving Notice of Disciplinary Action by the Texas Board of Nursing, dated July 14, 2010, Abigail Young voluntarily surrendered her license.

Young's Voluntary Statement of Surrender is dated 8-4-10, signed by Young and notarized. The letterhead indicates a Brenham, Texas address. It is the address of a family member. I prefer to not state the name of the person.

Young's address, at the time was and still is the Harris County Jail, Houston, Tx.
Okay, I think we all know the address is that of xxxxxxx.
~~~~~

Texas Nurses - Verification Results - State of Texas Board of Nursing

Compact ABIGAIL ELIZABETH YOUNG
•License Type: REGISTERED NURSE
•Resides in: BRENHAM TX 77833
•Issued on: 6/12/2001
•Licensure Status: VOL.SURRENDER - 8/16/2010
•Compact License: NO
•Current Disciplinary Action: VOLUNTARY SURRENDER - 8/16/2010
Click here to review the Board Order

https://www.bon.state.tx.us/olv/nurserslt.asp
~~~~~

I checked the above Link and apparently it stays "hot" for a brief while. If you want to verify the above info, here is the Link. You will have to click on 'First and Last Name', then type Abigail and Young. Then click on Submit.

https://www.bon.state.tx.us/olv/nurseinq.html
~~~~~~~

This is the PDF file that includes The Order of the Board, Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law, Order, Second Amended Formal Charges, and Young's Notarized Voluntary Surrender Statement dated 8-4-10.

http://204.65.111.68/THP/axrw1a455vqlsk55hyfw1iui/866596.PDF
Texas Board of Nursing - Austin, Tx. PDF File - Abigail Young
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: Abigail Young was found guilty on 7-12-10. On 7-13-10, Young was sentenced to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. On 7-14-10, the Texas Board of Nursing - Austin, Tx, filed a Notice of Disciplinay Action.
On 8-4-10, Young signed her Voluntary Surrender Statement and on 8-16-10 her Licensure Status, by the Texas Board of Nursing, indicated VOL. SURRENDER - 8/16/2010
~~~~~~~

Also, Abigail Young is still a "resident" (inmate) of the Harris County Jail, Houston, Harris County, Tx:

LAST NAME YOUNG
FIRST NAME ABIGAIL
DOB
SPN NUMBER 02443077
SSN

CHARGES FOUND =1

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 09/07/2010 - 05:27

NAME YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH SPN 02443077 DOB 08/26/1975

JAIL JA09/4J1 01E BOOKING DATE 07/12/2010

UP DATE OUT DATE

CASE # 122787901010 BOOKING DATE 07/12/2010

CHARGE RECKLESS INJURY TO CHILD

COURT 232 COURT DATE 07/14/2010
BOND AMT 0.00 FINE BALANCE DUE

~~~~~~~~~

I hope this info will be helpful to you. I am looking forward to the Lucas Coe Trial. I think this will be an emotionally charged trial.

In my opinion, I hope Coe is found guilty and is sentenced to Life in Prison without Parole for the brutal, horrific death of Emma Thompson.

It is my understanding that the State of Texas (Harris County Prosecutors) is seeking a guilty verdict and Life in Prison without Parole. It is my understading per Texas law, if Coe is found guilty, the minimum sentence is 25 years in prison and the maximum is 99 years.

Justice for precious Emma Thompson!

Thank you for your valuable time and more importantly thank you for your support of Emma Thompson.

Precious little Emma was failed by many prior to her brutal, horrific death.

After death, Emma's mother, Abigail Young, did not attend her funeral or vigil.

Her grandmother, Margie Routt Young, who many of us know well, failed Emma by supporting Abigail, her daughter. Routt Young testifed for the Defense in Young's trial. Routt Young did not give a Victim's Impact Statement on behalf of her precious granddaughter, Emma Thompson.

It is over a year and precious Emma does not have a Tombstone, Ledger and Cradle. Many of us know what her grave looks like. I think it is very disrespectul to Emma and once again, Margie Routt Young, who can afford the aforementioned, failed Emma again . . . . after her brutal, horrific death!

I look forward to updating you with Links to articles and videos during Lucas Ruric Coe's trial. Hopefully, Coe is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum - Life in Prison without Parole! Then maybe Emma Thompson can rest in peace!

If any of you are interested in attending Lucas Coe's trial, I spoke with xxxxxxxxxxx , Harris County Court Administration, this morning via phone. The following info is per xxxxx:

Lucas Ruric Coe's trial will be held in Project Court 1 on the 20th Floor of the Harris County Justice Center at 1201 Franklin in downtown Houston.

Parking is available at the Harris County Parking Garage near the Justice Center. There are other parking garages and lots available. The farther away you park the less expensive. Expect to pay $8 (real far away) to $15 per day for parking. There are nearby restaurants. There is a cafteria on the 2nd floor of the Justice Center and one in the Civil Courts Bldg. across the street.

Court is scheduled to start at 9 a.m. each day of the trial. The presiding judge is Judge Shaver.

It will not be a closed court so if you get there shortly after 9 a.m., you will still be able to enter the court room quietly. Of course you must be dressed appropriately to enter the court room. . . .no shorts, sandals, for males - no shirts worn outside pants, no gum chewing, food or drinks allowed in the court room, etc. Respect for the Court and the presiding Judge is enforced!

Monday, 9-13-10, will be voir dire (jury selection). Trial is expected to start with opening arguments at
9 a.m. on Tuesday, 9-14-10. Trial will be held every day the week of 9-13-10 and the following week.

You are allowed to bring your purse but upon entering the Justice Center you will have to go through metal detectors and your purse, brief case, etc. will be scanned on an automated scanner. If you have anything that may set the scanners off please remove it and leave it in your vehicle or at home!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me. My home phone number is listed below my name at the bottom of this page.
~~~~~

This is a Link to a song that was played at Emma Thompson's Candlelight Vigil in Spring, Tx in August, 2009. It is one of my favorite videos. You will love the picture at the end . . . think of precious Emma! I hope you enjoy this beautiful video: Sissy's Song by Alan Jackson: